How many pairs of shoes should a kid have?

Did these judgy Judy’s buy them or did you? None of their business what you spend your money on!

4 Likes

My son is 6 and he has like 6-10 pairs of shoes. Who cares what people think or say it’s your money and your life. Do what makes you feel happy and if making sure your kid has choices in shoe wear then Rock that!

2 Likes

No ma’am your not wrong they are wrong you keeping doing what you feel is right for y’all and no one’s opinion matters your blessed by finding them on sale and able to get them keeping doing the amazing stuff

1 Like

Whatever you want. Nothing is too much if its what you want or your kid wants. Ppl like to judge and complain like it’s they MF money lol :laughing:

U do u and don’t worry about people some people say things out of jelousy

1 Like

My daughter(8) has shoes that match almost every outfit and my guess what the daughter I’m pregnant with will have the same and right now all her outfits have matching bows. :woman_shrugging:t3: buy what makes you happy. I love dressing my kids up because one day they’ll want to dress themselves in stuff I will prob hate :joy:

5 Likes

Nope. Not wrong. My daughter is 6 and has her school day shoes, gym shoes, dress shoes, shoes for weekend trips to the grandparents cause sometimes they don’t come back, rain boots, winter boots, sandals, and her little cowboy boots. :woman_shrugging:t3: my 3 year old has 2 pairs of tennis shoes cause he looses/finds them frequently, rain boots, winter boots and sandals, along with a pair of boots that matched my boyfriends work boots :joy::woman_shrugging:t3: my 11 month old also had 4 pairs of shoes. And I’ll be getting boots soon.

3 Likes

My kid usually has 4 to 6 pairs of shoes all the time… they’re cheap and it let’s her get to pick out what she wears. Just gotta make sure her aunt doesn’t buy her another pair of crocs or ima go insane. She does not need crocs

1 Like

Oh my God ppl would hate me my kids I have 3 their shoes alone take a full size shoe rack 5 levels … it’s stupid but honestly we r shoe ppl lol

2 Likes

My youngest (9) has at least 30 pairs of shoes. It’s not a competition. My mom LOVES shoes…. So she buys them :woman_shrugging:t2:. Spencer clogs and plays the fiddle so she spends a lot of time on a stage…. Lots of wardrobe changes.

Not every pair of shoes goes with every outfit, I feel like 4-6 different pairs is kind of normal. Do they wear the same shoes everyday?:woozy_face: Either way, it doesn’t really matter though, your kid, your money, your choice. :woman_shrugging:t2: They probably just got in their feels because they didn’t buy their kids that many. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Your kid can have whatever you wanna buy her.

4 Likes

Who cares what anyone thinks??? 1 or 10 pairs not their business

4 Likes

Be happy people are going to say stuff at the end of the day some kids run through shoes fast or they grow out of them quick so I think that’s fine can’t be wrong with more than having less and hope your kids have a great first day of school

1 Like

They will go through them quickly who cares what other people say also some shows don’t match some outfits :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Atleast 2 pair of “every day shoes”. Then dress shoes, boots, sandals, water shoes (beaches by us are rocky). If I find stuff on sale I usually try to buy some in larger sizes so I’m prepared. But my kids have had more than 2 sneakers at a time. Who cares what your mom’s group says? There’s nothing wrong with having multiple pairs. You’re not hurting anyone except making them jealous.

1 Like

I bought my granddaughter like 6 pairs of shoes for summer and she doesn’t even go to school and her mom bought her shoes also . I get them cheap where I work

Your kid your money. The rest needs to tend to their business.

1 Like

My kid has more than that because I buy my child what I want with my money.

1 Like

Girl, do you! Even if you paid full price, anything you do will be picked apart by other people.

Ummm…in my book one can never have too many shoes!!! Lol

1 Like

If you can afford them plus hello sale . Congrats on that then who cares. My 6 yr old is a deva she has soooo many shoes/ boots / sandals like 12 in all .

Don’t worry about what others think.

My son is almost 5,and each season probably has 5 or 6 shoes. Rain boots, snow boots, usually 2 pairs of tennis shoes… this summer he has like 5 pairs of sandals alone lol

You do you. Who cares what a bunch of other people think

2 Likes

Not excessive at all in my opinion. She can make choices of what she wants to wear. It’s 2022, can we please stop mom shamming for crying out loud!

3 Likes

One nice pair tennis shoes, play tennis shoes for outdoors (old ones work great), 1-2 dress shoes, sandles, water shoes, snow boots, rain boots (if kid likes playing in rain), fun just because shoes, shoes Grandma had to buy because they are cute.

So my math came up with 6-8 plus what others buy them. So a big number is good. Better to have options than no shoes.

My daughter has an entire basket full of shoes lol don’t let anyone tell you what is an isn’t the correct amount of anything for anybody lol tell them to mind business

1 Like

I wouldn’t buy 5 of the same size, (my kid grows an inch every 2 weeks :roll_eyes:) but Ive bought multiple pairs b4.

But…your kid, your family.

,whatever you want. Kid is yours

My son is 14. He has about 5 pairs

No. I made sure my son had 7-8 inexpensive shoes. More sanitary.

1 Like

My 13 year old probably has 25 pair lol. So beyond excessive! I guess! Goodwill and thrift store finds… who cares as long as they have shoes…

3 Likes

Buy a fan next as they might go get them one to cool down :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Who cares what they think. I used to buy my son sneakers just because.

As many pairs as you want! Your money, your child. Who cares what anyone else thinks, too many judgmental haters out there.

3 Likes

People will judge you if you only bought one pair. Who cares. I’m glad you found a great deal

3 Likes

Who cares. Your kid your money

Just get them however many you want! It’s up to you…my daughter has about 8 pairs of trainers ranging between £70 and £300 each, that’s without her kickers etc for school which are about £80 a pair. I bought them, if I can afford them that’s my business no one else’s. Why you even bothered?

It’s not necessarily excessive; but it may be a bit impractical if she goes through a sudden growth spurt and outgrows them too quickly. As long as she wears and enjoys them while she can, that’s all that matters.

2 Likes

The entire point is to save money. 5 shitty pairs equals 1 good pair…

My boys 8 & 5 each have 2 pairs of “good sneakers” 2 dress shoes, a pair of winter boots, work boots plus crocs, slides, sandals & a ton of old play shoes.
My 6yr old daughter has about 4 million pairs of shoes.
So I’m probably the worse one to ask lol. They like to have options but usually go for the same pair of sneakers all the time. Only their “good” shoes & work boots are name brand the rest are cheap from various stores or hand me downs.
For school they each get 1 nice pair of sneakers & 1 pair of something else, then half way through the school year they get another pair of sneakers.

Well that’s just insane. My BOYS have over 20 pairs each. Play shoes. School shoes. Going out shoes. Boots. Deer lease boots and the list goes on. You do you! buy what you think is needed or wanted.

lol :joy: who cares! Its ur kids my oldest has 3-4 pairs my oldest daughter has 6 pairs and my baby has idk lots lol :joy:

Personally it doesn’t matter, not their kid but there have been times my girls have had mad amounts of shoes and times they only had 2-3 pairs.

My kid has tennis shoes, cowboy boots, rain boots, crocs, cute flats and slip ons. Those are the essentials for shoes. Snow boots for when it snows but those don’t count since they’re mandatory where we are

Mine always had several, still do even older. Shoes get wet, muddy or melted in the campfire, lol. But some days they would go through several pairs. Usually had one good Pair in the mix that was taken Care of and didn’t get wet

My 4 year old has 6 pairs or more… he plays in mud, dirt, sand, grass and the garden hose.
I need those extra pairs!

When my youngest was 1 she had 48 pairs of shoes :grimacing: happy little accident because I got half of them or more on marketplace as a lot for like $60 with tons of adidas Nike sperry etc in like new condition (they also ranged from sandals to winter boots so all seasons) who cares what other people think. It’s your child :woman_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

Perhaps it’s a “petty” mom group! :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

At end of day it’s nothing to do with anyone else. If they didn’t get worn maybe but at end of day it’s your child.

My 4 year old has well over 15 pairs probably close to 20. She is particular in what she likes and having N options for her is key.

1 Like

I wouldn’t listen to the opinion of others…if u want to buy your kid 30 pairs of shoes that’s on you…just do you :heart:

2 Likes

If I had the many to get my kids 5 pairs of shoes I would. It’s your money who cares. Kids go through shoes so fast so it’s probably not a bad idea for them to have more than one pair of shoes so they have other back ups.

1 Like

No, you’re not wrong

1 Like

Your kid. Your choice. My right year probably has more than that. She loves shoes

They can have as many as you want to buy them! It’s your child no one elses

3 Likes

Mine have only had 2 or 3 at a time. ( sneakers, dress shoes and boots.) But they are getting older so their feet have stopped growing and I just continuously buy them shoes and they just have more and more and more. Also you found them on sale… I see no problem

1 Like

Well, how many is up to the parent. Besides, they are walmart shoes. They will wear out in a month anyway, so she has almost enough to get her rhrough the school year

As many as you THE PARENT want them to have. My 7 year old has probably 10 pair. We get them on sale too. Why is it okay for adults to have multiple things but not children. Ughh

1 Like

That’s YOUR child. You do what you want. But now you see that’s not a place you can post that type of stuff.

My son has 8 pairs of shoes 4 he wears regularly and are his fave ones . My girls they have a closet full . My oldest daughter who’s 3 has to have her shoes match her outfit so she has over 20 pairs of shoes and my 2 year old has about 12 pairs not counting house shoes but she only ever wants to wear her monster foot house shoes. Oh and most of their shoes I paid under 10.00 for .

There is no limit :woman_shrugging:t2: my child has all these plus her rain boots and 3 new pair of Nikes in the shoe box that I got her yesterday for school. Plus her purple and white new crocks and flip flops not shown in picture. Her 18 year old sister and 16 year old sister loves shoes and has just as many. I love it because she has a pair of shoes to match anything. Like if it’s cowboy day at school she has cowgirl boots to wear. If tie dye day she has a pair.

Buy what you want. :woman_shrugging:
My kids always had plenty of shoes. Between chirch shoes, school shoes, outside shoes and rain boots; and they’d always ask me where they were. :joy:

My 6 year old son has two pair of “good” tennis shoes, a pair of loafers, a pair of boots, a pair of mud boots, a pair of play tennis shoes, a pair of slides, water shoes, cleats, and another pair of slides. :joy: guess he has too many also. Oh snd some house shoes. :woman_shrugging:t3:people are weird.

Mine have school, play, dress and muck boots.

My 15 month old has already 15 pairs of shoes …

1 Like

Get your baby what you want! I hate Mom Groups that shame.

5 Likes

I have 4 daughters… there is probably over 100 pairs of shoes in my house… and I always buy more when I see them.

1 Like

Why is it any of their business. Jealousy maybe???

No you’re fine. Tell them to myob.

1 Like

As many as you want to buy her. No one else’s business and why would any one care how many shoes someone has lol :joy:

1 Like

Each of my kids have like 8-10 pair of shoes. Plus the random like snow boots, rain boots etc I don’t think that’s excessive at all.

2 Likes

Lol, then I guess I must be a really bad mom. My daughter has around 20 pairs. She has soccer shoes, to track shoes, running shoes for treadmill, 3 dress shoes for church, omg, the list doesn’t stop lol. And thats only shoes lol

1 Like

They sound jealous :woman_facepalming:

My son only has 2 pairs but that’s because he refuses to wear shoes lol he has a pair of gumboots (which is the only thing he will wear) and a pair of good shoes that are still brand new because he’s only worn them once and got mad :joy: he’d have a whole collection if I knew I wasn’t wasting money lol

My kid - boy aged 4 has gone through 3 pairs this term alone. At daycare they let them ride bikes etc and mu kid uses his shoes for brakes. :thinking::roll_eyes: Your child your money!

You’re fine… ignore the others.

Do whatever you think is right. Not too many imho.

Tell them to eff up :smirk: your child, your choice tbh

1 Like

Kids go through shoes like nothing while at school. So buy them as often as you want, especially if on sale. Who cares what those other mothers say. My daughter at one point had over 20 pairs. Majority were for school and sports, others were jandals and casual wear when we went out for dinners or had family gatherings and others were for different seasons. Those mums are just hating.

Your kid your money. Who cares what others think. Me my older boys have muck boots, crocks, sandals and vans… we live on a farm so need a few options :blush:. My under 3 year olds have rainboots, cowboy boots and river shoes however 98% of the time they are barefoot.

My little one at the moment has about the same 2 of tennis shoes a pair of boots 2 flip flops and a pair of sandals probably a few more that I just don’t know where they went as she has autism and hate shoes and right now she only want to wear her pink tennis shoes

Those are rookie numbers…u gotta pump those up a bit :laughing:

3 Likes

Stop listening to stupid people

My twins have 2 pairs of tennis shoes, slides, sandals, boots, flip flops, and I’m sure more. It’s none of their business.

1 Like

Wtf buy as many as you want

2 Likes

they are jealous honestly

I don’t think it’s excessive at all! My 6 month old has 8 pair of shoes and if I’m being honest she doesn’t wear them…ever! But they were cute and I got a good deal on every pair! She’s your baby do what you want

3 Likes

It’s totally up to you what you buy your kid! Try not to care what others say :slightly_smiling_face: personally, I only buy my kids like 2 or 3 pairs throughout the yr

1 Like

It’s no if their or anyone else’s business how many pairs of shoes you buy for your kid.

1 Like

Some people are so dumb. Your kid. Your money. Everyone else can eff off. I probably would have done a couple pair the next size up just because kids grow like weeds but honey you do you.

2 Likes

I got her, two pairs of cute comfy shoes, athletic shoe, dress shoe, and will be getting some boots, then I buy shoes here and there throughout the year as needed or if they are super cute.

1 Like

My kid has shoes for every occasion. Crocs, water shoes, heeled boots, biker boots, winter boots, rubber boots, insulated rubber boots, runners, light up runners, solid coloured sandals, printed sandals, and 2 pairs of slippers. Lmaoooo

KIDS JUST HAVE ALOT OF STUFF IN GENERAL, who cares. Just please donate anything they don’t use often when they grow out of it :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I think it’s your child and your money. You know what she needs and what you want. Ignore the negative Nellie’s.

1 Like

6 pair? I can’t believe someone thinks that’s to many pairs of shoes. You child your money.

1 Like

honestly, as many as YOU want YOUR child to have. everyone is different… why does it matter what anyone else does or thinks?

1 Like

Who gives a shit what anyone else thinks?!?! Your kid and if you want to buy her 100 pairs of shoes then buy her 100 pairs of shoes. However if you choose to post stuff like that online you will always get people bitching. Your kid your money!

Lol my daughter probably has at least 15 pairs of shoes- she is 4! They are so cute and on clearance it is a sin not to buy them!

1 Like

Stop listening to the mean girl crew! Most are miserable & bored

1 Like

You are the mother. You can buy the whole shoe store if you wanted to. Yes…she’ll grow out of them before she can wear them all. But the fun of matching shoes with outfits…I personally think the ones complaining are a bit jealous they couldn’t find the deal. Girl…you do what your heart tells you to do. She’s your child. I bet she’ll be dressed like a princess every day…