How many times do I keep forgiving him for things?

He wasn’t sorry when you didn’t know

16 Likes

Let him stew for a while…

2 Likes

Go to counseling together, it will help give you insight to the whole picture & help you decide what it is you want to do. I would ask him to get off all social media & get on an app where y’all both know where each other is at so that you feel more secure. If he says no to that then there’s probably more to it. It’s ok not to want to throw the towel in & y’all both can overcome it if y’all go to counseling & he is willing to do the work. If he’s not willing to completely be transparent & do the work then he’s probably not being truthful with you or even himself. At that point you did your best & it’s time to move on.

9 Likes

Okay Just food for thought,
He is CAUGHT so that’s why he stopped, if he didn’t accidentally send it to you would he have told you? 99% no he is guilty because of being caught not because he did it,

11 Likes

I don’t think he ever stopped lol just a convenient cover up. Once you got the text by accident he had to go with something, but they were always talking. And most likely banging. It’s 2022…no one just flirts over the phone

1 Like

Only you know what lines you have put down for yourself and only you know the deal breaker in your relationship. From my personal experience once that first line was crossed and I forgave it,the easier it became to cross that line again. Just know that you can do it on your own, as I found that was the reason I stayed. Life might have been hard but I went to bed and woke up every day, so I knew I could do that life. I didn’t know if I had the strength to do the unknown if I left. You can, have faith in you and don’t settle.

5 Likes

He only does what you allow 🤷 he wouldn’t have told you unless he was caught. Like you said he kept texting her back every few days. Sexual comments and receiving pictures. Up until he accidentally sent one of the texts to you.

2 Likes

Point blank I would make my own decision and ask God to help you I would never ask anyone on Facebook a lot of times you get all the wrong answers

3 Likes

Well I’m a man and I feel like if y’all got it all like that he’s not going to mess up he just like the attention we all do you know if we get tied up in our marriage no flirting and stuff like when we first got together you know you need to sit in that spark to him every now and then and do something special with it

It’s a lust problem that will escalate…Jesus saved me from infidelity and He can do it for your husband too.

1 Like

He wouldn’t have been apologetic at all if he wasn’t caught, my advice is to let him stew for a while, don’t give in to hom for a while and see what hr does, tell him you’d like access to his phone and see what he gets up to when you aren’t around. Give them enough rope then they’ll eventually hang themselves

2 Likes

Your story sounds exactly like mine, I’m feel sad for you because the relationship will never be the same again. In my case I can’t get over it, it’s always in the back of my mind. It’s happened to many times to simply forgive and forget. I wish you all the best and all the strength you will need to get past this.

1 Like

Clearly have mug inked on you

I know in my situation I kept forgiving for things. Over the course of the marriage it kept getting worse and worse. I finally left after 31 years. I wish I had done it sooner.
I think because I kept continuing to forgive, my ex-husband never dreamed I’d leave. He was shocked!

How many times has he had to forgive you? That’s an important question in this equation. Does he do things you wouldn’t do to him? How would he react if you did the things that he does? If it wouldn’t be ok for you, it is not ok for him.