How much money does the tooth fairy leave your child?

My son used to say, why does the tooth fairy leave coins instead of notes they would be lighter for her to carry :joy:. He still only had 50p

Depends on the state of the bedroom and what coins we can find in the car. Lots of little coins, around $4. But we make the glass a little one, like maybe a sherry glass? Then it looks like heaps of coins. And sprinkle in some glitter too.

1 Like

Always been a good coin

1 Like

A dollar or two…. Kids have lots of teeth :eyes::eyes::eyes:

2 Likes

Well, you can tell your child that his/her cousin got $20 dollars cause they really did a good job at brushing that tooth. If you can give your child 20. I gave my kids between $1to 5 dollars depending on how well they brushed without me needing to remind them to do so. 20 dollars is just to much.

1 Like

None I refuse to lie to my children.

11 Likes

Between $2-$5 dollars depending on the amount of teeth and how much trouble it gave them. This past time the tooth fairy had a change shortage and left some Robux on her chrome book lmao.

3 Likes

5 dollars for front 10 dollars for molars

1 Like

500 Five dollars tops

1 Like

Gold coin in our house

Seldom anything!! And they survived!! LOL

No, our tooth fairy wasn’t that wealthy. I know about inflation, but that’s ridiculous. When I was a kid, I got a quarter. My kids got a dollar bill. I suppose the tooth fairy could leave a $5 bill. My niece made a throw pillow with a pocket on it for her daughters to put on the foot of their bed. They would put the tooth in the pocket and the tooth fairy would put the money in the pocket in place of the tooth. A “tooth fairy pillow”. Saved waking the kids up scrounging around under the bed pillow.

4 Likes

We rotate tooth fairy duties between my sister and I I give 20 the first tooth and 5 for each tooth after that and molars are 40

First tooth $5 after that $1
It’s the first one that is special after that they decline in value. Why? So the kids aren’t trying to wiggle out teeth that aren’t ready yet just for money

1 Like

$5 front teeth, $10 for molars, and $20 if it was their first, or was painful/bleed a lot

$5 for the first $1 for every one after that

1 Like

$5 for the first and then whatever change “she” has laying around cause “she”
Usually forgets until 5 minutes before child wakes up :joy:… $20 is ridiculous

Sometimes a quarter… sometimes a crystal of some sort, like an amethyst or what not. Sometimes a cool nicknack, I’ve never just gave money, so it wasn’t something they always expected.

They are teenagers now… and when their cousins are over and lose a tooth they put random items under the pillow… they enjoy keeping up the tradition.

1 Like

£2 coin here in the UK

1 Like

I’ve always said I’d do 5 for first and 1 for all the others

It should be coins sliver gold fairy dust something a fairy would have on her I sure she wouldn’t have 20 bucks

$5 for first tooth $1 for every tooth after that, my daughter got $10 for her first cause she had to have it pulled out was a lot of trauma for a 5yr old…

2 Likes

Shoot. When I was little you were lucky to get a whole dollar for a tooth.
Honesty though, I don’t have kids I do y know what the going rate is now. I’d just tell the child that everyone’s tooth fairy is different and will leave different amounts. If your sister feels her kids deserves $20 then so be it. To me that’s way too much.

What ever you want :woman_facepalming:t2:

Gold coins for each tooth.
Whatever I have handy :woman_shrugging:t3:
I’m not handing out notes with 3 kids rapidly loosing every tooth in their head :joy:
hot tip you can give your kids their own coins out of their money box and they never know the difference :speak_no_evil:

7 Likes

5 for first tooth 3 for rest

2 dollars for the first and a quarter for the rest

$1-$5 is enough… $20 is definitely way too much

1 Like

1 -2 pound your child be eating excessive candy :candy: and trying to pull there own teeth out if u pay so much they think that’s a way to get money wow :ok_hand:

1 Like

Geepers ha ha!!! Out tooth fairy leaves $1 or $2 per tooth! Sometimes some change. :rofl:
If ya ask me… I think she’s cheap! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Well… It used to be five dollars. But then I quit carrying cash and one time my older son lost a tooth and I only had a $10 bill. So that’s what my kids get $10 per tooth. I think that’s outrageous!

1 Like

Well now that depends on the condition of the tooth. If it’s got a hole in it or yellow, our tooth fairy leaves a bill. Tooth fairy doesn’t purchase bad teeth.

3 Likes

I leave whatever I have in house at time lol if iv nothing and have to go to bank then will be a big note either £10/20 whatever I can get at time but usually I do £10 for first tooth n £5 every tooth after, not Goni lie I have 3 kids n wish I didn’t start this, there has been times it’s been so late at night and iv rushed to bank n no shops open n would only give me £20 out and iv just gave x

None. Someone in kindergarten told her the tooth fairy leaves a gold coin. So we got a bunch of the chocolate gold coins and she gets one of those lol

How about we stop lying to our children about some silly fairy that comes in their room while they are sleeping. I know it made my son feel uneasy and he didn’t like it. So I told him the truth. He still loves to lay his tooth under the pillow for me, and I leave him a dollar.

5 Likes

I left 20$ for the first tooth just because it’s a big milestone…

$5 per tooth. (#inflation) lol

I used to get £1 for each tooth

When my daughter looses her first tooth I’ll probably leave 10-20 just because it’s the first tooth but anything after that I’ll probably leave a dollar or two lol

We leave $20 for the first tooth because it’s a special milestone. After that, it’s $10 per tooth.

1 Like

$5 for the first, gold coin for every one after

My daughter has been telling me since the age off 2 that tooth fairies don’t exist and I must put my money back in my wallet

We do a higher amount like 10 or 20 for the first tooth becUSe it’s exciting and motivation. The tooth fairy leaves a note saying she will only leave money for good healthly teeth as an incentive for them to brush and mouth wash with out a fight. Sometimes the tooth fairy leaves a few singles and a note saying do better brushing and sometimes she leaves a 5.

I feel like we are super generous and wish we started out with the same concept but smaller amounts.

$2.00 coin per tooth for my five year old grand-son!

Hey it’s worth more due to inflation

Hey it’s worth more due to inflation

I give 20 for first tooth. 10 for second tooth. Then 5 for any tooth after that.

I think $5-$10 is good

I give $5 for the first tooth then just a gold coin after that , top tip go to the dairy get $10 worth of coins , hide them in a safe place and then your sorted for the first few, I have a rule I’d your tooth falls out after 7pm the toothfairy has already left her house so she will need to come tomorrow night instead, you can blame wind , messy floors and snoring dog if you forget - I’m on my 3rd with tooth fairy :man_fairy: duty I’ve had to Adapt to sleepless nights and forgetful mumma brain :sweat_smile:

Damn I got .50 cents. Maybe a dollar :woman_facepalming:t3:

You must have a very rich sister.I would say a couple of quid to maybe a fiver,no disrespect to your sibling as it’s her choice to do that but is excessive :kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

What happened to a dollar a tooth???
Damn I know it’s been a while or I must be one cheap tooth fairy LOL

I remember a little jewelry box one time for mine. I loved it!!

Was that the first tooth… I do 20 for the first and 5 for the rest.

Your tooth fairy is hard​:tooth::cry:

I gave my son on his first time $25usd. It was a lot for us being Mexicans, all my friends were laughing/joking about it. I think is a good amount.

$1-$5 works for me. $20 is absolutely ridiculous :rofl:

First tooth 20 after that 5

My parents did $1 for me when I was a kid.

I wanted to do $20 but decided on $5 per tooth he that looses.
He now has $15.

Gold dollar coins!!! It’s only $1…but the kids LOVE it…special GOLDEN COINS!!!

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl: you should of swallowed …

1 Like

Gold coin… $ 2 coin, sometimes a bit more in gold coins ( $4-5) for molars

$20 for the first tooth, I can see it. But it’s $1 a tooth after that.

The first tooth would probably bring 3-5 dollars. With little glittery teeth stamped on it. :heart:

Any after would get 1. Or a special coin. That she could trade in for a dollar.

Tooth fairy is about to visit us for the 1st time here any day now and will leave $3. And $1 or $2 after that :slight_smile:

My son got £5 for the first tooth, a quid for the rest. The five was only because I had no coins

First tooth I left 20. He was an only child and why not right… rest of the teeth he’d get a 5 or a few 1s depending on what I had on hand

1 Like

My daughter first tooth we left her 15 bucks when she loosing her second tooth we aren’t leaving more then 5 bucks. The first tooth is special but every tooth after that is not.

Five dollars normally

A dollar. My oldest figured out the tooth fairy wasn’t real, so now he gets a special treat.

First tooth mine they got $50 and then every tooth after $20. $20 is like $2 when I was a child anyway !

4 Likes

We do $5 if we have to pull the tooth. But we promote independence and the feeling of accomplishment, so with adult supervision, and only when the tooth is barely hanging in the mouth, we allow our children to pull their own tooth, and then $10 if they pull their own

Damn I used to get quarters :joy: after reading some of these comments makes me realize how broke my parents were growing up…25-50 cents per tooth molars and all (if we believed then)

We use the gold dollar coins, you never really see them so the kids think they are really from the tooth fairy. First tooth got a note and 2 gold coins, regular teeth after that got 1 coin. Molars got 2 coins each

2 Likes

My daughter gets 50p for each tooth and for her first she got her 50p coin with a new toothbrush and toothpaste! Each coin is one of the Beatrix Potter ones that she refuses to spend anyway so this way she can collect them and gets excited to see which character she is going to get each time

$5 for the big front teeth then $2 after that. She does leave “glitter fairy money though!” ( I spray glitter hair spray in it which my kid loves !$

My kids get a $2 bill and either a 50 cent piece, silver dollar, or gold $1 coin.

1 Like

I say 5 dollars. 20s too much.

£5 for the first tooth and a £2coin for all after that.

5 for 1st tooth. 2 every additional tooth

5 dolla is what our tooth fairy brings. And make sure you put the tooth in a ziplock bag so the tooth fairy can actually find it.

first tooth $20 …then after $5

1 Like

A dollar & a toy. The key is to have the fun while they know it’s you not some mythical character leaving the surprise. Your sister is going to regret her generosity when her kid looses multiple teeth at a time. Yeah she can probably $20 but can she spare $100 or $160 in a week?

I did $5 for the first tooth with a letter saying how special it was. After that it’s 2-3 dollars. We always do quarters. My son thinks she only Carries changed

I got a quarter for every tooth…

1 Like

My dad used to leave me a 20

1 Like

The first was 20 after that she gives him a gold $1 coin and a regular dollar bill with either floss or toothpaste. Whichever has low on

I did $20 for the first tooth and now is $5 or a gold coin… whatever’s in my wallet when it happens :joy:

Lol a dollar maybe a twoonie for a “big” tooth.

I did a two dollar bill for the first and one dollar after.

My kids figured out I was the “tooth fairy” I’d say about 5-10 $$$ a tooth tho

However much cash I can find. Which might sounds like a lot but usually it’s like $1.47

1 Like

My dad always gave me a $20 :sweat_smile::joy:

The first was $20, each front tooth was $10, all others are $5

My two oldest got a 10$ each for the first now its usually a dollar (at their dads house he usually gives random change things like two gold dollars or 50 cent pieces or ect. For my 2nd oldest I forgot one night so I gave her a two dollar bill one time. (I’ve done glitter on one for them because oldest had a tooth pulled and she lost the tooth on the way home. So I made a special glitter dollar because she thought the fairy wouldn’t come)

I do £5 lol
Wish I had started with less :roll_eyes::joy:

I leave a $20 bill and a Roblox gift card.

£2 for first then £1 per tooth after