How much to charge for babysitting?

For lady’s who babysit/have small daycare …

What would u charge a family with 3 kids 6. 4. And 8months. 130 to 11p mon threw Friday? With u Providing all food and activities/fun days?

I told them 50/day for all three is that reasonable or asking to much?

11 Likes

That’s cheap. They’re getting a good deal

7 Likes

My neighbour runs a dayhome and its $35 a day per child

1 Like

$250/ week is a good price for a home daycare. I know people who charge less than that. It’s reasonable.

2 Likes

That’s cheap honey especially with you providing all food

3 Likes

I pay $37 a day, for one child.

I think it depends on your area. That seems WAY inexpensive to me. Dont price gouge but know your value.

2 Likes

I pay 245 a week for two kids and I provide all the food, snacks and drinks…deff think you should ask for more since youre providing the food

9 Likes

Joanne Ryan I don’t even make $100 a day :open_mouth:

4 Likes

If I did daycare it would be 35 per child

That’s cheap. I would definitely pay her more per day.

1 Like

I pay $30 a day for one kid. So that’s a great deal!

3 Likes

I run a large child care facility and we charge weekly. But if I added the prices for those three ages and divided by 5 days it would come out to about $92 a day

2 Likes

Where I’m from you pay 80 to 100 per child each day. 50 a day for 3 kids for nine hours isn’t enough

6 Likes

I pay 100 a week 1 child 3 should be 250 with you providing everything but diapers.

3 Likes

$50 a day is less than minimum wage. If you’re providing the activities and fun days, I’d ask for at least $60 or $75. $20 to $25 per kid per day is more reasonable for yourself.

If you’re changing diapers and providing the food I’d charge $30 per kid honestly. Because this is cutting into your pocket.

4 Likes

I pay 45 for my one son!!! Not sure where your located but that’s an amazing price lol
Here in mass typical is 30 or up per kid per day.

1 Like

Why isn’t 50 a day enough?

2 Likes

That seems really cheap. Just over $5 an hour for 3 kids. I had to pay my ex MIL $150 for 20 hours a week to watch her own granddaughter

3 Likes

Three children for nine hours feeding them power stuff they use. Works out 17 dollors per child per day. You wouldn’t be really making any money

4 Likes

50 a day 3 kids um honey that’s cheap I think it should be more

3 Likes

That’s very cheap. At least ask for 8 dollars an hour.

1 Like

It would depend on where you live… and the relationship… i would say you are quite low especially with you providing food and "entertainment " what ever the cost of entertainment implies (taking them to outings like bowling or swimming? I always considered child care to include postive interactions between provider and children but what do I know). I would call a few day care providers in the area to see what the going rate is. You could easily be worth 500 a week in some parts of the country or be close to the market. My guess 100/child/week +expenses not to exceed 125 will be closer to market value but I dont know your area so i cant really say

$50 a day…you came in way to cheap…for 3 kids…and providing everything. No way

1 Like

I charge $50 a week per child

3 Likes

Sheet in California the adv I paid for daycare was $650 a week for ONE child… I would say for 3 kids $25 a kid per day

2 Likes

I charge 40 a day per kid!

Wow, that cheap…3 kids… and all meals and activities included.

My nephew is 3 and my niece is 5. I charge 15 a day each for them

1 Like

I pay my mom 200 a week. I am in NY. I have one son age 5

Most people have addressed the price but I have a question is the baby still on formula?

That’s a great price!

If you are licensed there are guidelines for prices in each state. If you are not licensed I would still use those as guidelines and adjust to what your comfortable with

In central KY I’m lucky to find a sitter for two kids that doesn’t charge 200 WEEKLY

I paid 30 a day for my child.

That’s not enough lol

6 Likes

Wow,I guess my daughter is lucky’ she doesn’t pay anything, she supplies food, but so do I and I don’t charge her anything, she works at least 60 hrs. a week.

We paid 180 for 1 kid. You should charge more if you are providing all food

1 Like

50 a day, 3 kids, 10 hours…your nuts. That’s a lot of responsibility. 25- 30 per kid per day

7 Likes

And that’s still cheap

1 Like

Generally $30/kid/day. :grimacing: so you’re going VERY cheap. Also, I charge an extra flat monthly rate if they stay passed 6pm. I mean if you aren’t licensed then yes of course it would be cheaper but I am in CA and the going rate for a family member of friend watching your kid, in your case, would be $451 for the older kiddos/ month and $470 for the baby/ month. I am a licensed daycare provider so my rates would be much higher plus the state reimburses me for food. I understand if you are doing someone a favor. But taking in 3 kiddos for that amount of time and those ages, Is a huge commitment and a lot of money and you can’t cut your self short. Especially if you are paying for all the food and outings.

2 Likes

Where I live that would be a reasonable amount to pay daily.

That’s insane. Out here I make 15 hr for two kids! But i do it in there home so…? I feel you came in way under the rate. I had one sitter quote me 90 a day for 645 to 2 and that two kids

Ps she has two kids,they go to school, have to make sure they are dressed and fix breakfast.

I change my mind… with them providing no food… need more info…

What is baby eating? Any food allergies?
$50 a day with YOU providing food for the kids you’re babysitting… nah I’d ask for more

In ontario I pay 52$/day for my 13 month old

1 Like

Julie A Beaudry she probably gets paid weekly but has to set an amount to be paid /day to make it easier if kids aren’t there one day out of the week or whatever.

$50 a day for ONE. $20 extra per kid if my other kids go too.

Antonia-Robbie Stanfield Ohio same here. I cant work right now due to health issues but when I do go back it’ll be part time cause we cant afford a sitter weve relied on my parents but Idk how much longer they’ll watch them

1 Like

I charge $5 per hour for one kid. Then $2.50 an hour for each additional child. People pay it. I provide food and activities.

All depends where u live

3 Likes

Natasha Lavoie you’re a saint lol

I would have said more since the days are so long

1 Like

Jenni Grove I had one girl tell me she wad going to charge me $9 an hour lol in Ohio. Yeah. That’s half my wages and then some. The going rate here is about $4/hour for 2 kids. And I always provided extra food.

1 Like

You should charge more. We pay $80/day for 1 toddler + extra if he stays overnight

1 Like

$50 a day is not enough at ALL

4 Likes

You shouldn’t go by the day, you should charge by the hour. That’s a job. You should do it for no less than $8 an hour, but honestly it should be between $10-$15 and hour. Especially with 3 kids and one being a baby

1 Like

Where are you located? Big city/small town? Are you licensed? What ratio are you providing - provider : kids?

1 Like

I pay about $50/day for two kids (6a-3p)— we pay $2.75/hour and pack breakfast & lunch…

$50 a day they charge me per day lol in a day care of course with license

I’m in Michigan, I pay $50.00 a day for 2 kids. That’s a steal for 3 kids. Kids under 1 are 5 dollars more so it would have been 55.00 a day.

Uhh 50/day per child! That’s the going rate here. More for kids in diapers/not in school.

Idc if you’re licensed or not or where you’re located you’re quote is ridiculously low! You would pay minimum $20 a day per kid and that would typically not include food or anything because it’s So cheap. I get giving them a better rate than say 30 each because there are 3, and I think it’s nice of you to try to help them too but you are going to be damn near doing this for free with food and activities all included in that quote. You should logistically sit down and figure out what this is going to cost you weekly… like feeding 3 kids lunch, dinner and snacks will cost you damn near 50 a day and that would be shopping at like aldi’s lol. My kid can eat 5 packs of fruit snacks back to back if I let her lmao. And when you say activites and that… are you talking like coloring, painting and things at your house or are you talking about actually taking 3 kids out places over the summer? Sweetie, it’s nice to help ppl and all but you have to think of yourself and your own children as well. At your quoted price I honestly feel like it would cost you money to watch these children. Maybe 50 a day and ask the parents to pay for food, or at least some of the food. What about “activities”? All the paper, crayons, paint, all that is going to be on you and if you try to get fancy and do anything more than coloring(which will get boring for them fast) like slime is super expensive to make fr and no one tells you that. Idk I think you should sit down and be realistic about what this is going to cost you and then figure out your price because that quote is way too low for sure.

Thats not enough. I charge $15 an hr per kid

3 Likes

You are not asking enough, I’d guesstimate $85.00 or more per day.

2 Likes

If you are supplying all food and activities $50 day is not enough. At least $75

1 Like

About 300 or 350 a week…

Depends where you live. Around me toddlers are about $25/day, babies are maybe $30/day, a 6 year old maybe $15? But that’s for normal day working hours, not til 11 at night.

Thats extremely reasonable considering its 3 kids and until late at night.

2 Likes

Madison Evans an hour!? That’s ridiculous. People who need daycare can’t pay that.

2 Likes

I paid $65/week for two kids, FULL DAY, they supplied food AND they were 100% licensed.

It was at The Boys and Girls Club.

Clara Solverson its not ridiculous when your supplying food changing diapers and feeding them

4 Likes

And 2 of them aren’t school age either and the 6 yr old still needs eyes on them all the time

I would charge 60 a day that’s 20 per kid…that’s what I used to do when I babysat

2 Likes

I pay $200/week for one child for Monday thru Friday

1 Like

I charged $60 for 3 kids 25 years ago. I think you need more.

2 Likes

Julia Wallace that’s probably what the mother works for so basically she would be giving all her money plus her taxes to a babysitter.

1 Like

It’s called 2nd shift :joy:

2 Likes

I noticed you asked if that was reasonable or asking too much. So you’re obviously worried about over charging them. You’re most definitely not over charging. As said many times, especially with providing food etc. You’re trying to be fair and that’s great :grinning: honestly I would look at both my situation and theirs. Is this you’re main source of income, and they can afford to pay more? Or are you doing it for extra cash and trying to help out a family who might be struggling? I’ve done a lot of babysitting in my life, and I’ve charged all different prices. Ive did it for almost nothing and ive got really good pay. But I tend to kinda try to look out for my needs and theirs if possible…especially if they are family/friends. Be fair, but don’t get taken advantage of either :wink: best of luck!

2 Likes

That is more than reasonable depending on where you live because I know costs are different in different area. Here in Orlando that’s a great price…especially for night care.

Laura Adkins Truman sorry. That’s a full 40 hour week, please tell me where you would work 40 hours for $250 a week and provide the food and activities. That $250 won’t pay for that, so she’s working to provide for the woman’s kids. That’s stupid. Obviously it depends on the state, I don’t know if she said where she is from or not, but she’s cutting herself severely low. That’s one of the biggest hurdles in childcare, parents don’t understand how much we should be paid. Where I live, the minimum wage is 725 an hour and she’s charging them five dollars an hour. For three children. Where I live, if they would’ve put those three children in day care they would be paying close to eight to $900 a week.

1 Like

6pm-11pm on it’s own I’d be charge atleast $6 an hour per kid, as that’s classed as out of hours? If it was 9am-6pm, then I’d probably about $60/70 for all 3

1 Like

Talk to parent or parents to see what they can do. They themselves at a non trade job probably only making fifty dollars a day themselves. Don’t exactly know

Not enough! The food alone will cost you that much.

3 Likes

Lydia Marie Bryan oh okay wow that’s late thanks

I pay $200/wk for one 1 year old! Full day, everything provided.

I’d say 60/70 per day

$50/day per child is normal (even kind of low), but not 3 kids at that rate. Wayyy too low

1 Like

Way to little ! That’s a big job w theurbyoung ages & one in diapers everyday ! U providing food ru kidding me ? I would do a flat fee for 5 days ! Almost 10 hours a day ! Ur way low! This at ur place ? Think it through I think

2 Likes

My daughter, for 1 child, got $50 for 3 hours yesterday.

I mean it depends on what they make. Like I make 9.25 and work 7 hrs so if I pay to kich fpr child care I might as well not work

1 Like

But I get daycare assistance … so I pay less. And a friend I know fetsvpaid 40 a day to watch every other weekend per day for two kids , I provide food. I could not do that daily tho .

With those hours, it being every day, and that many children that’s basically a nanny NOT a babysitter. If they have any kind of training at all and they have cpr training the average is $16 an hour. Anything less is ridiculous. It would be that just for one child. You’d have to ask how much the additional charge is for the extra children per hour. Also you should be providing food not the care giver. I definitely wouldn’t work for you.

2 Likes

Not at all to high, maybe too low.

1 Like

Is that for a home daycare? Licensed? Where we are in Ontario infant room is 55 per day, toddler is 52 and preschooler is 50, but that’s for a licensed centre. Plus that’s Canadian so $37-41 ish USD.

Regina Lee Ann Dodd that’s awesome

Not too much at all!!

Tiffany Gibbons day care yes but not live out nanny

It depends on where you live and what your “competition” is charging.

I charge $35 a day up to 8 hours and $50 a day for up to 12 hours. For one child. If I had siblings I would likely do $40/day for 2 up to 8 hours and $55/day for anything beyond that. And add another $5/day per child after that. So in your case, $50/day up to 8 hours and $65/day for anything after. And I mean ANYTHING after. Idc if it’s 8.5 hours it moves from $50 to $65.

1 Like