How often are you and your husband intimate?

Wondering if you can ask this question to the page for anyone who is comfortable. I have known my partner 23yrs and we have officially been together 1yr though sleeping together on and off for 10yrs. I am currently 5months pregnant and a conversation last night between my partner and myself come up that he believes we have a sexless relationship because once a week in his eyes is not normal he says sex at least three times a week is what a normal relationship looks like. I would like to know what others opinions are on normal amount of sex a week is.

164 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How often are you and your husband intimate? - Mamas Uncut

3 to 5 times a week here

1 Like

Mine travels but when heā€™s home 4-5 days a week.

1 Like

My husband and I are 3-5 times a week unless someone isnā€™t feeling well. We have been together for 9 years.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s no correct answer for that. It will be different in everyoneā€™s eyes.
Some weeks suck and stress, busy, tired, kids etc you can go weeks without, some weeks you do it everyday, then the next week none at allā€¦ itā€™s not something you should planā€¦ if the time is right, if the feeling is there, do it. If itā€™s not, then donā€™t. There is no ā€œnormalā€ here. There is no bad and there is no good. Some will say everyday, some will say once a week, some will say once a monthā€¦ itā€™s just whatever works for you.

Do what feels right for you

4 Likes

When ever the house needs a good deep clean and I canā€™t be arsed Todo it :rofl::rofl::rofl:

8 Likes

It just depends sometimes everyday sometimes 5-10 times a week sometimes 0 times a week lol I have 3 kids and we have a busy schedule sometimes Iā€™m just tired hey atleast he getting it once a week lol

3 Likes

Normal based on research is 1-2 times a week

2 Likes

I wish I got some once a week :weary:

3 Likes

There is no such thing as normal - it is different for all couples

14 Likes

Iā€™m gone 4 days a week but the 3 I am home itā€™s 1-2 times a day

1 Like

The last thing i wanted to do for most of pregnancy was have sex so dont feel alone in that aspect. Before/after pregnancy was more like 3-4 times a week though

Maybe once a weekā€¦Iā€™m not a sexual person though

1 Like

At least once a day (hubs blames it on the pregnancy :joy::joy:)

1 Like

Girl me and my partner either go like 3 weeks of sex twice a day or 3 weeks no sex at all and we consider it healthy because we have sex when both want to I think itā€™s normal sex life when you both want it when itā€™s happening

We both have a lot going on both mentally so Iā€™d say once every 2 weeks seems to be the norm for us since we had our son. Up till then it was 2 times a day lol

2 Likes

There isnā€™t a normal amount! People are comfortable with different things and thatā€™s their normal

7 Likes

About 3-5 times a week here!

1 Like

It varies and depends what we have going on in that particularweekā€¦I donā€™t think thereā€™s a ā€œnormalā€ in this department? :thinking: for some people once a week is perfectly fine. For others, once a day or 4-5 times a week is normal.

3 Likes

It how you feel really, some couples every night, some several times a week, just depends on their relationship, what they feel, schedule, etc. If I was totally into a man, he turned me on and was able to get me off shoot Ill be over him as much as possible lol but he is letting you know he would like to hv more sex with you so talk to him and just hv fun and enjoy each other, he obviously feels he isnt getting his needs met.

1 Like

We go through dry spells. But average at least twice. Week.

1 Like

When im.in a relationship every night unless itā€™s period week or Iā€™m extremely exhausted

1 Like

Almost every day. Boy likes tacos tho so even when we dont he still wants to eat. Together over 9 years

1 Like

I have been with my husband for 8 years we have a 5 yo and weā€™re lucky if we have sec 3x a month some months

7 Likes

Maybe like 1 x a week sometimes 1x every 2 weeks. Opposite shifts , kids , chores ,sleep. He confront me if it gets to bad. We both have a low sex driveā€¦

I think once a week is pretty normal

3 Likes

About 2 to 3 times a week. Been married 11 years

1 Like

We have it every day to every other day.

1 Like

3x a week. I believe in a healthy sex life. No matter whatā€™s going on we need to stop and focus on each other.

I am a daily or at least every 2nd day with enthusiasm kinda girl

2 Likes

Every day of the week over here :rofl::woman_facepalming:t4:

1 Like

Sometimes its every night, sometimes there is weeks in between. Other times its a quicky while the kids are out or busy. There is no week the same

7 Likes

Dude sounds like he needs to befriend his palm. Itā€™s different for everyone. AND youā€™re PREGNANT. He needs to lay off

11 Likes

Everybody is different. Iā€™m a sex addict is what my boyfriend calls me because I can go all day long but when we are busy itā€™s usually at least once a day sometimes once a week

There is no set definition of normal. Itā€™s whatever works best for you and your partner. If one of you thinks once a week isnā€™t enough, try twice a week as a compromise.

3 Likes

My fiance and I have been together almost 8 years. And we have sex usually once a week, sometimes once every two weeks. We work opposite shifts and I have no thyroid so Iā€™m tired most days I work.

Usually my husband is gone M-F and so only 1x a week but even when he is home itā€™s only once a week usually. I just have no desire what do ever

1 Like

Been married for 6 years, and we do it everyday.

3 Likes

I think he is a lucky manšŸ˜Š. Most of the comments I read must be written by rabbits. Lol

15 Likes

Your boyfriend is delusional.

5 Likes

Sex is awesome when pregnant.

I used to be every day, but now we are lucky for twice a month. We have two babies, a 3 year old and an EXTREMELY clingy 10 month old, (who also cosleeps) so we have very little time for sex. And when we do, more touching is like the LAST thing I want. :sweat_smile:

Iā€™ve been with my husband 16 years itā€™s everyday thing unless my monthly friend is around but I still help him in other ways around that time

2 Likes

Once a week on average. Sometimes less if heā€™s being a d*ck. šŸ’. Married 13 years. Together 16

2 Likes

:rofl:
A lot of people were raised not to withhold sex from your man or heā€™ll find someone else. Which leave a lot of people having sex out of obligation and not bc they WANT to.
Depends on your relationship. If you feel wanted, appreciated etc. You have sex more. Itā€™s a fact.
My husband and I, some weeks are hard and itā€™s once a week. Some weeks itā€™s 2-3 times a day 5 days in a row lol.

My husband and I have been married now for 20 years,we have 7 kids. When we first got together it was every day. The more kids that we had the less time for sex we had,plus he worked midnights. We probably have sex about once every 2 weeks now. It works for us. Every one is different.

Usually once a week for us we would like to more but I just had our fourth baby so we canā€™t always and thatā€™s okay if heā€™s complaining about once a week heā€™s gonna be really upset when you canā€™t for 6 weeks from giving birth. He needs to chill

3 Likes

Once in 12 years. Get over it, Figure out what you want and whatā€™s important to you!!!

2 Likes

Everyone is different :woman_shrugging:
But 3-4 times a week is average

1 Like

5-6 times a week. Least amount a week is 3 times and thats when we both are working 60+ hours a week almost 5 months pregnant!

2 Likes

When my partner and I are together, itā€™s every nightā€¦

2 Likes

Shoot I wish we did it once a week!! :joy: 12 years together. Our 2 year old is a major c block!! Haha! But we are good, we just try when we can and sometimes thatā€™s once a month

6 Likes

Once a week definitely doesnā€™t seem normal. 3 times a week minimum sounds more normalšŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

4 Likes

When my husband and I first got together we had sex almost every night. Five years into our marriage and 3 kids together 5 in total with one each from relationships before and now we barley ever have sex. Heā€™d be lucky to get it once a month. At five months pregnant I am literally never in the mood

Twice a day for me, so a good estimated average is 10-14 times a week.

3 Likes

At 5 months pregnant I wasnā€™t having too much sex myself. It was exhausting and required bending where I couldnā€™t :joy:Now after birthing my last child 3 years ago, we have sex 3-4 times a week if itā€™s a good no distractions from kids week lmao! If a lot of distractions, 1 time that week. It fluctuates a lot. Hope this helps!

Everyday if we have the chance .

1 Like

Sometimes it can be 3 plus a week other weeks 1 and then other times it could be weeks in-between

2 Likes

My husband and I have Been together 8 years.
We have 4 kids ( from previous marriages) between us.
We are intimate every other day. Some times every day for a while. Hell sometimes morning wake up and lay down lol. I think itā€™s different for everyone. The youngest in our house is 11, so Iā€™m not spending the entire day chasing babies anymore

3 Likes

There isnā€™t a normal amount. Communicating is key. Being in love is key. Helping one another, respecting one another, keeping it fun, being trustworthy all go hand in hand for what a normal amount of sex is.

1 Like

Mine works a lot so normal for us is like once every 2 weeks. Once a week sounds normal and definitely doesnā€™t sound like a sexless marriage lol

1 Like

Once a week isnā€™t enough for me either. Iā€™d have sex daily or twice a day if it were feasible. There is no ā€œnormalā€ā€¦ thereā€™s what works for your relationship. He obviously would enjoy more often.

been together for 15 years Iā€™m lucky if itā€™s once a month :rofl:. I have two little boys with autism so Iā€™m extremely tired and they donā€™t sleep. Ugh. I believe everyoneā€™s situation is different.

3 Likes

When preg heā€™s lucky that he gets it once a week! Iā€™ve been married to my so for 12 years together 16 n we do it whenever sometimes we go 2 weeks and sometimes we do it every night. All depends

1 Like

These is no ā€œnormalā€ sex life. Itā€™s literally what works for you and your partner. My fiance and I sometimes go once a week and then thereā€™s days we do it multiple times a day. Depends solely on our moods.

Morning, night, sometimes an afternoon quickie. I know weā€™re not the norm though.

1 Like

Everyoneā€™s ā€œaverageā€ is different. Thereā€™s some weeks that I want it constantly. Thereā€™s some weeks Iā€™d dare him to touch me.

3 Likes

Depends, sometimes itā€™s once a day for a few weeks, sometimes none for a week. Every once in awhile itā€™s numerous times a day. Thereā€™s not a set amount thatā€™s normal in any relationship. Sometimes weā€™re too busy or tired.

2 Likes

1-2 times/day & at least 4-5 days/weekā€¦When I was pregnant,it was 3-4 times/day nearly every day.

2 Likes

13 years, every day. If Iā€™m lucky I can push it to maybe 3-4 times a week lol, sometimes Iā€™m too tired.

1 Like

I think itā€™s up to what a couple is comfortable with.

2 Likes

We do it maybe 3 times a year :grimacing: so youā€™re fine lol (Iā€™m not sexually attracted to people, I go by other things, so sex isnā€™t a priority)

Depends on energy levels and time but on good weeks Iā€™d say 3x week, sometimes itā€™s 1 time a week, and other times weā€™ll go a couple of weeks.

3 Likes

3-4 times a week, sounds about right.

1 Like

3 to 4 times a week depending on how tired we both are :rofl:

2 Likes

I wish it were every day but right now itā€™s about once every 3 weeks. I desire it everyday haha but by the end of the night it doesnā€™t happen :joy:

1 Like

Honestly it does not matter what others are doing; whatā€™s right for you is whatā€™s right for you.

20 Likes

Depends me and my partner have went over a year without sex. It just depends on how we feel we can have sex once a week or month or om the other hand go months without it we have known each other since we was 8 years old we have been together for 9 years will be married 8 years this Halloween

Weā€™ve been together off and on 17 years, married 7 years. For the last 4 years itā€™s been once a week, every once in awhile more, less if heā€™s getting on my nerves or pissed me off. Every couple is different, whatā€™s normal to one is above or below normal to others. I dont think thereā€™s a number to make it ā€˜normalā€™ itā€™s what you both want and can do.

1 Like

As if you need to be told - the average defers from couple to couple, even person to person. It is what YOU and YOUR partner agree to (even compromise), as well as feel comfortable with.
Do NOT, and I repeat, do NOT let any of these women in here make you feel guilty and as though you are not doing enough.

19 Likes

2 to 3 times a day most of the time for us.

3 Likes

Once a week doesnā€™t sound sexless to me :woman_shrugging:t2:

11 Likes

Im good with 1 or 2 times a monthā€¦him not so much. He would like it 2 or 3 times a dayšŸ¤£ā€¦but it is not about what works for other relationships it may not work for yours

2 Likes

Normal can range from never to multiple times a day. Itā€™s going to be based on both of your needs and what satisfies you both.

Mine gets it whenever he wants it. I get it whenever I want it. Thatā€™s normal for us. It probably doesnā€™t work for most others.

5 Likes

Everyone is differentā€¦ but for me, once a week is not enough. Maybe some weeks its ok to have once or twice a week. But to me sex is an important part of a relationship. Its whatever works for the relationship, if your partner is opening up and saying their sexual needs arenā€™t being met im sure you could consider having sex moreā€¦ and if you donā€™t want to have sex with your partner that oftenā€¦ are you with the right man??

So weā€™ve been together 10 years, married almost 8. Truthfully, we havenā€™t been intimate in a few months. Sometimes we will be intimate 2 times a week. But long stretches without isnā€™t uncommon for us. We have completely different schedules and I have a few medical issues that makes it not pleasant for me. Luckily my husband is completely understanding and doesnā€™t pressure me.

3 Likes

You should talk more Intercourse is not the only thing meaning sex

Iā€™m 7 months pregnant, hearts are sex daysšŸ˜‚

Iā€™m lucky to get it once a week. Weā€™ve been together for almost 4 years. I wish it was more but between work schedules and kids we donā€™t have the time.

2 Likes

Just dependsā€¦26 years together. Sometimes daily then sometimes 1 time every few months. We work alot of overtime and opposite shifts. So exhaustion takes over. When we have time it happens but itā€™s not something either of us dwell on. Our love for one another doesnā€™t change based on sexual desire. We respect each otherā€™s needs and most of the time, 4 hours of sleep a day is more important than sexšŸ˜‰

Sometimes itā€™s multiple times a week sometimes its a few times a month and sometimes its once every month or so. It honestly depends on how we are feeling. A sexless marriage means there is no sex. Once a week isnt sexless

Depends on the person, with my ex husband it would be weeks sometimes a whole month :woman_shrugging:t2: now with my current husband I just canā€™t get enough if possible all day everyday :drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face:

2 Likes

Honestly, I would love it like once or twice a month. Heā€™d love it everyday, multiple times if needed. You canā€™t force someone to be intimate with you. Set boundaries if needed. Itā€™s your body and your life.

2 Likes

Every day or every other day. Depends on how tired we are.

2 Likes

When I was pregnant we only had sex 3 times. PP we didnā€™t have it til she was like 9 weeks. Then maybe once a week since (if we are lucky)

Been with my man for nearly 10 years. In the beginning it was at least once a day. This last couple years have been tough as Iā€™m the one going through a lot mentally. When the drive is there, itā€™s way up there but last for a very short amount of time. When there is NO drive, itā€™s completely nothing and can last what feels like a life time. Iā€™m unsure of hiw to get out of this major up and down roller coaster ride.

3 Likes

Well, it just depends on your relationship and sometimes pregnancy interferes with that. Does he make you feel safe? Does he make you feel good? Is it an enjoyable experience for the both of you? And maybe you just donā€™t want to have sex more than once a week and thatā€™s okay. There is a lot of factors and itā€™s really hard to tell you what my normal is for you, because I donā€™t have influence of what satisfaction looks like for you. If youā€™re okay with trying more, maybe you guys could go out on a date or have romantic evenings that put you in the mood.

Try to every second day as we are ttc. But normal 3 to 4 times per month

1 Like