How often do you change your kids clothes?

All my kids, even the babies change clothes daily, regular and pajamas. BUT I’m able to go to the laundromat once a week. You can wash clothes by hand, hang them in a closet with a space heater on and shut the door or put up a curtain and they’ll dry in about an hour or so. That’s what we did years ago when we didn’t have a washer/dryer or ability to go to the laundromat

My 10 year old changes his clothes everyday and bathes every other day unless he’s dirty. My 13 month old, has worn the same cloths for a couple days here and there when he was a newborn. Most of the summer he just hung out in his diaper when we were at home and only got dressed if we had to go somewhere.

My kids are too small to be active outside so I give them two days in one outfit. Bathe on the second day. If they get dirty from eating or blowouts then I’ll bathe or change outfits then and there. But two days is the norm for me.

Girl bye. So I do have a washer and dryer and sometimes my twins will stay in an outfit for a day and half at least. I have also been guilty of when they spit up to just dab out the stain and still leave them in the outfit. However I also must admit that they have gone through five outfits in one day more often than most.
Keep doing you momma. Take a deep breath. You got this.

2 Likes

Every day my son gets changed. If his clothes he slept in are still clean he will wear them the next night but anything he wears all day gets washed and changed regularly. He gets a bath every day especially if he’s dirty but some times it’s every other day depending on what all he gets into during the day.

If you’re the original poster and see this please reach out to me without feeling ashamed. I have bins full of baby clothes and wouldn’t mind shipping some to you if you could use some extras!

8 Likes

Every day, at night dead skin cells come off of the body, along with toxins that the body releases. Wash in bath tub if you have to and hang dry.

Day clothes gets changed every day pjs they wear for a couple days

I have a change of clothes each day and PJ’s and sometimes a second set of clothes if they’re mucky

You’re not damaging your kids by leaving their clothes on 2 days. But check out local thrift stores or churches that have sales. I find clothes for dirt cheap at them… gives you more to work with. :blush:

2 Likes

At his age I don’t see a problem with it. But I wouldn’t let my kid only be in that outfit for 48 hours. He should have at least day time clothes and night time clothes switched out.

My ten year old thinks it’s okay to wear her clothes all weekend long. And she thinks it’s fine to wear her school clothes to bed cause she’s lazy. I on the other hand do not think it’s fine at all. As I wear my clothes once and put them in the dirty laundry… Other then my PJs.

As your kid becomes more active, this is probably not going to work out.

I also don’t let my youngest eat in her clothes, unless it’s play clothes.

As long as your not letting your kid sit in dirty diapers all day, then you do you.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if it’s been said yet but the weather isn’t horrible so I wld wash in sink or tub and hang up to dry. I’ve had to do that in winter as well.

2 Likes

If he looks and smells clean it’s fine. Do what works for you and you child. You got this, mama!

6 Likes

Depends my oldest is 9 with smelly arm pits. He changes clothes everyday and i fight him to shower every other night but try for every night. Then I have a 4 year old who sometimes wears the same outfit if we didn’t do anything but lounge around the house for 2 days in a row but baths every other night. Then my daughter who is almost 1 year and she has eczema so we have to bath every night but we don’t use soap everytime. That’s what we were told to do. She always makes a giant mess when eating so she changes outfit daily at least :joy:

New day new outfit. New pajamas every night and a bath every night.

3 Likes

It depends on the day and our washer is broken I understand

We do baths once every two days or maybe three depending on how dirty the boys get. My oldest takes a shower every other day. Regardless they all get wiped down before night clothes. We use night clothes two nights in a row and new clothes every day but we have a washer and dryer. I’d say your doing what you can. Do what’s best for you and your family. If your child isn’t super messy I’d say your just fine. Now on that note I shower every other day or every day when I work. But before I change into work clothes I wear the same outfit two days and my night clothes 2 to 3 nights in a row. I’m clean and still smell good. Shoot I’m a single mom of three. We, as mothers; do the very best we can. :heart: Lots of love sent your way.

1 Like

If my boys clothes are still clean (which isn’t very often) he can wear them again… i work full time and don’t have the time to keep up with all the washing x

When I didnt have a washer I would wash them in the sink and had air dryer I bought at Wal Mart and draped them to dry. Of course towels sheets and adult clothes were laudromat time

How do you keep clothes on a child is my question 🤦:rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy: My 1 & 2 year old run around in a pamper and pull up all day. They are always taken their clothes off!!! Drives me insane … My 2 oldest i never had a problem with but my 2 little ones… Different story now 🤦:rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

1 Like

He gets fresh clothes everyday and he gets a bath every other day… Even my newborn gets new clothes every day and a bath every Friday night.
Just because the clothes dont smell dose not mean that they are dirty.

3 Likes

If they’re not in school I don’t see why they can’t wear the same clothes for a few days if they stay clean. My daughter is four and stays relatively clean. If she wants to stay in a certain outfit for a few days I will let her. If she’s decided an outfit is her favorite and decides that she wants to wear it ‘forever’ she will take a bath then put the same clothes on. Again, only if they are clean and smelling fine.
My two year old hates clothes and strips the second we walk in the door. He literally runs away screaming when I tell him it’s time for clothes. XD

2 Likes

Everyday clean clothes and they shower 2 times a day.

5 Likes

Yes a new outfit everyday

1 Like

Why even ask if you know every Karen is gonna jump on here with their opinion??

1 Like

Well I have a 10 year old so it’s different. It depends on the day if she changes in the morning or wakes up on a Saturday and we are home all day and she’s just lounging around the house idc if she stays in her pjs all day, but if we leave the house she has to change clothes. If she’s outside playing than its different, she’s changing before bed, showering etc. She smells like a grown man sometimes. She showers every other day, and washes her hair every other shower. But it really all depends on the type of day we have and what we are doing. Sometimes she will try sleeping in the clothes she had on that day, and I usually have her change unless it’s a lazy day at home and they’re comfy clothes then idc.

1 Like

You change your kids clothes daily! Maybe not PJ’s those can be worn multiple times at night if not soiled, but you dont leave your kid in the same clothes for days on end- wash them in the bathtub or kitchen sink don’t be un hygienic thats just gross.

2 Likes

That’s absolutely fine in my opinion. 5 kids here and we both work full time. I do good to make my 7 year old shower every other day. We only wash hair 2 times per week

1 Like

If we are not going out n about my son is normally in his dipper and I put cloths on his when we are going out

20 month old girl… clothes, both active and sleepwear changed everyday and she has a bath once a day, twice if she’s been playing outside. I do laundry once a week.

We’re potty training the toddler so it’s a good day if we only go through 1 set if clothes.
However, we go through at least 1 a day. Everyday

If they aren’t dirty I don’t see a problem. But not like wear during day, then night, then day and night again. My kids are outside all day so they go through multiple sets of clothes a day.

My sons skin is dry. I do new clothes everyday, bath once every two days unless he needs in between.

1 Like

I think I can spot the new moms by the comments. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I was like that once. Lol My kids are teenagers now, and I tell you what, if they want to have the same clothes on for two or three days, fine. It wont hurt them.

6 Likes

I bath my 1 year old daughter every morning and night and sometimes 3 sets of clothes a day depending where we’ve been or what she’s eaten she loves to get mucky outside so I could never get away with using the same set of clothes 2 days running but each to their own everyone is different :heart:xx

1 Like

I think with me it’s been automatic knowledge as I my self am not a clothes repeater… so I don’t ever have them ware the same clothes after a bath… it just was never a thought to me.

1 Like

90 percent of the time we get dressed for the day in clean clothes, then at night clean jammies. Every once in awhile we stay in jammies all day and get clean jammies at night. That being said, I think I am probably extreme with the clothing changes. Your kids=your choice. Once they get into school, you need clean clothes every day or they will be teased.

As long as your kid is clean do what works for you! There’s no right or wrong answer every sitis completely different

I always changed my kids clothes and pajamas each day . But , I had a washer and dryer ! I hope that someone can help you get one of each . Now that I am in my mid fifties , I’d say “ a little dirt won’t hurt “ .

When you feel its dirty enough to change them . I bought a small washboard on Wish for $3 and a bar of Zote for $1 at Walmart. Comes in handy for the little clothes when you don’t have a washer and dryer.

Change clothes everyday bath every other day pjs two nights

Bath 2-3 times weekly for my 7 and 1 year old. Often together because they’re too little to care and like to bath together. I change their clothes daily but they’re messy kids lol and if my kids fall asleep and don’t wake up I take off their pants and they can sleep in their diaper/undies and tshirt :woman_shrugging: I’m a single momma of 2. You know your kids needs better than any of us. Have faith in your choices momma :two_hearts:

They get changed for bed but they get changed every day and you can wash clothes by hand

Okay on the weekends like Saturday and Sunday I will make the two little boys wear their clothes Saturday and then again on top of it but Monday through Friday since we all are in school and work we only wear them once not two or three times

Twice a say. Wen its school days it would be 3 set of clothing in one day ( school uniform, play time clothes, then jamies @ night.) She baths 2 times a day most days…

If it’s clean (not messy or smelly) then let them wear it again.
It’s like this, I don’t wash my jeans after I wear them every time. Washing your clothes too much actually destroys the material. I don’t wash sweaters after I wear them every time or hoodies. Your baby is no different.
As long as your baby is clean that’s all that matters.
Pay no mind to all these judgy people on your post

6 Likes

Think alot of u lot on here are ridiculous some of the comments I’ve seen are crazy! I have 3 kids they all get bathed every other night and if my kids have just lounged in clothes they suitable for next day… if they been out playing or got messy then they change… all this have to have a bath everyday ect is absolute bollocks… u can actually ruin kids skin by bathing too much… u tell me all u adults bath everyday and constant change clothes like 2 3 times a day etc ridiculous! :triumph:

Clean clothes everyday (a sweater I will let them re wear if its not dirty) baths every second night in the fall/winter everyday in summer. Pj’s 2 nights because they put them on right before bed and then change first thing in the morning so I let them re wear them a second night.

2 Likes

Fuck my kids r so nasty I change them like twice a day :pleading_face::pleading_face:

I say you do what you think it’s best for your child. My 14 month old loves baths so he takes two baths a day when he eats he’s a toddler so it gets messy needs to go in the water lol and he won’t sleep through the night without his bedtime bath. I change him twice a day sometimes 3 depending on what he eats lol pijamas for night and onsies or a tee & shorts during the day

We change clothes 1x or 2x a day and bath 1x a day.

Everyday. If they get dirty. Up to 3 times or more a day.

Girl you do what you want to no kid has died by wearing their clothes two days in a row

1 Like

I feel like a lot of these answers are going to be from people who have access to laundry facilities on a daily basis. What works for one person doesn’t necessarily work or even apply to you. My daughter changes at least once a day but sometimes she’s wears pajamas all day on the weekends unless we go do something. And if anyone here says they’ve never worn the same pair of pants two times without washing them, they’re liars :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: It’s ok if you’re doing the best you can :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Daily… wash them by hand in the tub. It’s way to easy when they are that small and have tiny clothes.

2 Likes

If the clothes are clean I set them aside and he can wear them again. Sometimes he wears them 2 - 3 days or not, change out bottoms or tops. Sometimes I hang them back up or in the drawer if they are clean and he can pick something else out for the next day. If it’s clearly dirty or smells then it goes in the laundry basket. I will not wash clean clothes just because they’ve been worn.

3 Likes

With all this quarantine stuff going on my kids just hang out in a diaper lol I only dress them when we go out somewhere. My 3 mo baby I keep him in onesies and sometime he will keep on for 2 or 3 days if he dont

2 or 3 times a day…Bathe possibly twice a day.Both depend on activities of the day

Twice a day. In the mornings I put them in their day clothes and then at night I put them in their pajamas. But I have a washer and dryer. I think you’re doing the best you can, with what you have. Don’t feel guilty! I’ll wear a pair of jeans for a few hours and then hang them back up to wear again. I’m pretty sure being that you’re asking this question it worries you and you feel some what guilty. Which tells me you care! And what better to have than a loving mother.

Sometimes my little one will wear the same outfit two days in a row. She is 9 months old and doesn’t really get dirty or leave the house. She gets a bath 2-3 times a week. She eats in a diaper and gets wiped off after eating.

We have five kids and we change them once in the morning and then pajamas after their baths every night! So, we go through 10 outfits a day for 5 kids!

1 Like

I have 7 kids and based on my experience the girls when they were little like to change every 5 min so clothes were pretty much still clean baths every other day now that one girl is 20 and the other two are 15 and 17 it’s like prying them out of the bathtub they change clothes every day but they only do laundry on wend my boys when they were young now 23 20 17 and 10 water was like criptonite to superman to my 10 ur old it still is they hanged clothes every two days if it wasn’t their “favorite” pretty sure it’s still like that now but hell pick your battles you only live once do what you feel is right

Bath/shower every night sometimes skip one on a weekend, pjs every night and new pair of clothes every day… sometime 5 changes for my daughter haha

Clothes should be changed daily, you can probably get away with every other day if he’s sleeping in one thing and wearing another during the day. Hand washing is an option. You can avoid multiple outfits a day by removing articles while eating or so it can be worn as the day outfit twice. I know it’s a pain, but keeping your kid healthy is important too. You can get bacterial or yeast infections on the skin. If you can’t get to a laundry mat, I’m sure you can’t do urgent care either.

2 Likes

We have them change everyday. New outfit for bed time every night. Sometimes they wear a couple different outfits during the day(their choice). I’m sorry you don’t have a washer. You can always wash clothes in the bath tub, ring it out and hang it to dry.

10 Likes

If it bothers you but they are still clean, change his clothes but don’t put the already worn ones in the dirty clothes. I have clothes that I hang back up after I wear them if I didn’t get them dirty and only wash every few uses. Again, depending on what I did while in them.

10 Likes

Well we always change daily . There are hygienic reasons to do so . I didnt have a washer and dryer for the first year I was married AND he was military . I washed clothes every day in the bath tub and hung them on the line.

6 Likes

Children get dirty calm or not. They poop they pee they drool and wipe their faces on their shirts. Definitely need a bath, clean pjs, underwear and clean clothes daily. If you don’t have a washing machine you can hand wash.

I changed my 6months old clothes twice a day sometimes more if she gets them dirty always has a clean wondersuit for bedtime and her sleep suit gets washed every 2 days. I woud never keep her in clothes for more than one day :grimacing: especially if we go out somewhere her clothes get changed immediately when we get home and she gets a bath.

Tropical weather so can’t help but my girls shower at least twice a day and a must change of clothing each time. Keep safe mommies and babies!

If they’re clean it’s no ones business, mine get changed daily, out of pure laziness to find the clothes they wore the day before or make sure they’re kept clean and folded up… I grew up wearing the same clothes 2 days in a row. I do try do the same for mine as it is otherwise way to much washing. Between 3 kids, work school and trying to keep house laundry is one of my least fav things… do what works for you and your family. If someone has enough concern to say that’s gross, hand them the dirty clothes. Maybe they’ll also care enough to wash them for you :joy:

Should put a different outfit on everyday so he doesn’t get made fun of at school. If there not dirty just hang them up and he can wear them again in a few days. Also I had to wash clothes out by hand when I was young.

Since birth all my kids have a better wardrobe than me :joy: and they grow so quick you have to try get a wear out of all of them i think you have to change them morning noon and night when babies because everything spills and the toilet accidents up there backs that no parent gets away from :roll_eyes: so many things go on that its near impossible to keep them clean iv all boys and still find it hard to keep them clean to this day :thinking: so how u do it ill never know , just curious but why dont you just buy a washing machine?? Life would be much easier and fresher for you all :grin:

During summer and on the weekends I get a little lazy but usually during the week we change every day (especially now since school has started) but the weekends I’ll let them slide but it they been outside playing in the hot air and they sweat bad I make them shower and change

My son changes for bed and is not allowed to wear the same clothes he wore the day before unless they have been washed. My son has always been an outdoor kid and so his clothes are dirty and smelly after his day of playing. Sometimes he fights with me to wear the same clothes and the answer is no. It’s dirty and it needs to be washed.

I let them wear whatever however long they want. We don’t go anywhere since the virus so its not a big deal. But I do have separate clothes for night. Days clothes off and pj’s on.

You bath them and change them everyday.somerimes 2 or 3 times a day as a baby or toddler.ive washed my clothes in the sink or bath tub every nite and hung them up to dry when my washer is broke.

He’s just a little guy don’t worry itll be fine! You’ll definitely notice if he starts to smell :rofl:

I had to wash my brothers cloths in the bath tub, hung dry & ironed.

Wash by hand do it in shower simple bath daily change daily

I would just wash by hand and hangout to dry

Everyday, you should change your child’s clothes everyday wtf :flushed:

You’re the mom. You decide and the hell with everyone else

Don’t listen to others. Do what you have to do to keep your child healthy and you functioning. If their clothes are not dirty they don’t have to be changed. One tip if you are hand washing is to wash it as soon as you can. It is easy to say change clothes when you have easy access to laundry equipment. It is so much harder when you don’t.

Please change your kid.