How often do you change your kids clothes?

I do a different outfit each day and pj’s 2 nights. My youngest is 5 months and sometimes needs an extra shirt bc she drools so much even with bibs. I have washed clothes in the tub when I couldn’t afford laundry mat. I did it for 3 months once when I was in a bad place. Gotta do.what you gotta do. Now there has been a time or 2 when there was a hectic day or.i wasn’t feeling well and they went 2 days in same clothes but it wasn’t in public.

Mine depends on if my boys ruin their clothing. I have them in them for a day and a half. Then change them. They take baths every 2-3 days. Every parent is different and it’s not a bad thing how you do it. And other moms should NOT judge.

2 Likes

Depends on how messy they are. Daily.

I don’t have much money. But i like to buy him a outfit

Bath and fresh clothes every day.

1 Like

Fresh tops, same pants when possible. Same pj’s

So, I’m gonna be openly honest… My 9 month old has worn the same jammies (as day & nighttime clothing) for 3 days. Granted, we don’t really go anywhere with COVID, etc. when my older daughter was little, her clothes changed daily more because of daycare… but, my current little, she doesn’t get into much, so it could be 2, even 3 days… oh, and I DO have a washer/dryer, I just figure, she’s not sweating or getting into anything messy, so, what’s the point of multiple changes a day?

16 Likes

At that age alot! But my kids were messy eaters. If they’re not playing outside or making a mess that’s fine, but if we leave the house I change them. They wear night clothes a couple nights unless they have a diaper over load of pee, while happened often at that age until I switched to over night diapers. Wash clothes in the tub and line dry, or hang them to dry over the tub.

Gets shower every 2 days. Change then.

Uh…daily. My kiddos are older… 7 and 13… So. Daily. Lol

Daily routine new outfit and new jammies everyday.

Every day. After shower,clean clothes.

Apart from underwear, yes a couple of days is fine

If he is indoors keep him in his underwear .

1 Like

Hand wash in tub or sink hang dry

Every day! And at bedtime

New jammies and new outfit everyday/night.

Would you like to wear the same clothes days in a row?! Come on now :unamused:

1 Like

You do what works for you

Clean tshirts, and underwerar.

My little girl wear three sets a day then them three sets in wash then different clothing

Change every day / night

Your situation is your situation, you do you. If people want to buy you the appliances you need then they can comment if not they really don’t matter.

Change kids everyday…

In your situation (sans laundry machines) I’d say, 2 outfits a day…day time and night time. let the outfit air out (even just hung over a door knob) for a few hours if it’s reusable. Then fold it and put it away. You could always make a freshener spray with water and baking soda, too.

I see no reason to launder clothes that aren’t dirty. Aside from under garments, I usually don’t wash my own clothes after each use unless they’re dirty or I sweated in them. Saves energy, time and keeps clothes lasting longer.

5 Likes

My kids weren’t calm, and made messes so they got changed and bathed as they got dirty.

Its nobody’s business

Change the grundies (undies) :slight_smile:

If you change your clothes daily and nightly, then do the same for your kids… our bodies release dead skin cells, we need to be changing often. It’s not good for anyone to be staying in the same clothes too long, unless your just lazy… and some ppl are. Not having a washing machine or being able to afford or go to laundromat shouldn’t keep you from being able to hand wash your child’s clothes. But then again, that’s just my opinion… we all got our own.

Different clothes each day, PJs at night. I washed things in the tub it I had to even had to use dish soap. You make it happen. Kids are small Petrie dishes of germs so are their clothes.

42 Likes

Lord mercy, the amount of moms who say they’ve never allowed their child to stay in the same clothes or change 2x a day :flushed: My 6 year old will do multiple outfit changes a day if I allow. My 10 year old would wear the same clothes for a week if I allowed. :woman_shrugging:t3: I’ve allowed both

24 Likes

For many years I did not have a washer and dryer as well, so I washed our stuff of the day before every morning so it did not pile up. Kids and adults change clothes every single day, you sweat in them dirt goes into the fabric you shed skin in them, it is more hygenic!! And teaches kids to take care of themselfs!!

21 Likes

I have 2 kids ages 23 and 21 years old. When they were little I changed their clothes at least twice a day. Clean outfit when they woke up and clean bedtime pj’s. If I didn’t have a washer and dryer and couldn’t get to the laundry mat I would hand wash their clothes and hang to dry.

7 Likes

Did some women forget that you can wash clothes by hand. I mean I don’t do that because I do have a washer…but its possible to have clean clothes. And kids should be changed and bathed every single day. We don’t live in a third world country. Just my opinion 🤷

5 Likes

Ive been without laundry facilities. I wash everything in the tub and hang it up around the house. No excuse. Day clothes get changed 2 or 3 times a day. Pajamas can be used for 2 days. I used a lot of bibs to keep clothes clean, its easier to wash 6 of them than 6 outfits.

6 Likes

They have to have clean underwear regardless if you have to handwash them.

I have no washer either and have to drive 20 minutes to a clean laundry matt that I like. I go every other Sunday. But I keep enough clothes for my child that he always has clean clothes. If I had to I would use my bath/sink to wash and hang dry. I do this sometimes

I’m sorry but that is gross would you want to be changed every 2 days?

We do new clothes everyday and PJs for the kids

Growing up has never come the easier way. It comes with lots of challenges like lost marriages, lost love, financial and job problems and so many more, but still there has always been a solution to every challenges that we face in life. Life has been so difficult for me these past few months and I had given up on myself knowing that I will not find love or true happiness again. Two months ago I found out I was pregnant and I was so happy and excited to have my own baby and I didn’t even call my boyfriend. I just wanted to take the results to him and show him face to face and share the good news together. But when I reached his flat I saw his car parked outside and knew he was home so I went straight to his room. When I knocked, he allowed me to enter because he wasn’t expecting me at the time, but when i opened the door I nearly fainted because I caught him ready handed with another woman in his house. I looked at them and closed the door and ran away, he followed me saying his sorry and the woman is just a friend and nothing else but I knew he was lying and I walked away. I reached home and cried a lot until i told my best friend everything and she told me to fight for my man and not loose him to another woman. She gave me Sir Marere contact +2348109805184 email is: marerespells@gmail. com and told me Sir Marere will bring back my boyfriend to me and love only me. So i contacted Sir Marere and told her everything, he made a love and binding prayers for me and in 1 day of the prayers my boyfriend came to me with that woman I saw him with and knelt down and begged for my forgiveness and told the woman that am the love of his life and he doesn’t ever want to see her again. The woman walked away and that evening my man came back with a baked cake and gifts and flowers and asked for my forgiveness again and promised never to hurt me again and I told him that we are having a baby, he cried and smiled with joy and happiness. We are back together and so much in love and waiting for our baby to arrive. Thanks so much Sir Marere your prayers indeed work. You can call or whats-app Sir marere on +2348109805184 Email: marerespells@gmail. com incase you are passing through the same situation. Don’t be discouraged by what people may tell you that even don’t know the situation you are going through, all that matters are the results so feel free to contact him.

Wash by hand you lazy bitch

Testimony testimony about a great spell caster called Dr ogah. I want to use this opportunity to thank God for useing Dr ogah to help me bring back my ex husband with his white spell am grateful to Dr ogah for everything and may my good God continue to bless you in all ways. You can contact Dr ogah on his email ([email protected]). to help you solve your relationship or marriage problems, or contact him on WhatsApp +2349052630145.

Omg all of the “I never let my kid wear the same clothes twice in a row”… bull shit, Karen :joy::joy::joy:

Wash them in the sink lol

I mean i wear the same pants probably 3/4 days in a row but change my underwear :sweat_smile: undershirts too sooooo

1 Like

I feel for your lack of washer/dryer situation. That being said you really need to be changing his clothes once a day. Babies drop food on themselves, their diapers leak a little, not to mention dirt and grime from play. And we tend to get used to smells around us (think people who have dogs and cats at home and can’t smell them). Try setting a goal to wash one load of clothes in the sink per day. Then it won’t get so backlogged and be overwhelming.

Wash every day change clothes daily… Can u wash your clothes by hand and hang them outside?

Clean clothes every morning and at bedtime is standard and if theres a big mess change them when necessary. My husband and I and 3 children rented place with no washer/ dryer for 3 years. Use two big pots, one for washing the other for rinsing. Dunk the clothes scrub with soap and a sponge or scrubby brush depending on the amount of soiling. Dunk and agitate in the rinsing pot a few times squeeze out the clothing. Hang to dry. Do it on sunny days.

Ummmm twice a day ( pajamas and clothes) if not more (vomit dirt ect- my sons almost 2)

Is this even real? How do these questions even get past the admin

1 Like

U can hand wash everyday or every 2 days… i normally soak clothes in warm water in a tub the night before then hand wash early next morning and hang to dry…

1 Like

Clean clothes every day, pj’s were reworn

Who cares? The child is yours, do what you think is best, what you can live with… nobody else’s business but yours!

He’s clean and happy. They need to minds their snobby, ungrateful FN butts! Unbelievable. The nerve of some people. We were poor, raising our kids but same. Clean and happy. Nothing else matters. Make sure your children never hear comments like that. I call it bullying

2 Likes

Not a big deal at all. Kids don’t HAVE to be bathed everyday. Its bad for their skin. If the clothes aren’t dirty, wearing them a day or 2 is no big deal. Babies don’t get sweaty and nasty like adults do. Its not uncommon for kids to be in the same clothes, but as they get older its definitely good to get them into a routine changing them everyday and kids old enough to wear underwear should definitely change THOSE everyday.

1 Like

Kids get dirty so fast, usually 2 outfits a day then pajamas for bed … if you don’t have enough clothes to last your child 1 week minimum until you do laundry you’re spending your money on the wrong shit! Go to to thrift stores if you’re that in need for more clothing for your child or donation centers. I don’t even understand how you’d even think that’s okay.

Clean clothes every day. And clean pjs.

My toddler is changed every few hours but my older kids by their own choice might wear something twice if they are been lazy. Socks and pants definitely have to be changed everyday. Don’t worry about what others do and just do you :wink: x

1 Like

2 days is fine.
It’s called recycling!

1 Like

New oytfit in the morning if he gets dirty then he changes to a new outfit throughout the Sunday. And he also fets in new pjs every night. He has a bath every night as well.

Every day. A baby maybe twice a day

1 Like

I would change the clothes everyday but not consider them dirty. I would recycle them to a different day and reuse without washing if there is little to no visible dirt. My daughter is very picky and likes to wear the same clothes over and over so as long as they aren’t too dirty I’m going to let her rewear them because it’s not worth the fight and meltdown.

1 Like

I don’t think anyone could have said it any better!! Kuddos!!

I usually keep my son in his pajamas if we aren’t doing anything that day, but if we are going to the store or park or something or if he gets breakfast all over his pajamas then I’ll change him. When it comes lunch time if he gets food all over his clothes I’ll change him but if it’s an easy wipe down I’ll just use a baby wipe. We give my son a bath every night because I can’t put him to bed without one because it’s a pet peeve of mine, but we put new pajamas every night. Every mom is different and as long as your kid is healthy, happy, and taken care of it shouldn’t matter. Keep doing whatever it is you feel works for you and your child🥰

Do what fits best for your family. If you feel the need you could always wash by hand in the tub and air dry. Dont let alone make you feel any kind of way. These are 1st world problems. As long as your baby is fed and loved thats what’s most important. :heart:

1 Like

Every single day obviously :roll_eyes::woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I’ve had times when my kid wanted to wear a costume for a week straight… she still got baths and I let her put it back on.
But if people are going to see them I normally change them new day new clothes and underwear

For me it depends on the day. If we’re going out it’s for sure time to put a new outfit on, staying in? I’m not bothering her🤷🏻‍♀️

Hey sweatie, im not going to add any advise because i think there is plenty here. But i just wanted to tell you as long as your babies are wearing your love and comfort every day they are going to be the best dressed kids in the naghborhood. You are doing a great job.

Just know this, you are not alone, many of us have been there. Just keep your head up and know that you are queen in your own household.

P.s. thank you much for asking this question. Now i dont feel so alone now.

8 Likes

I change my kids outfits up to 3x a day, and clean pajamas at night.

2 Likes

I change my 2 year old when her clothes get dirty. Weather it’s 2 hours to up to 2 days. I also bathe her every other day. Some of you mothers in here that are just here to be a bitch need a long good look in the mirror bc y’all ain’t shit :woman_shrugging:t2:I seen too many women in this group being absolute ruthless and you’re letting your inner cunt self show. Nobody’s better than anybody.

1 Like

if they are not dirty, then they still can wear them, except hopefully you are changing their underwear

4 Likes

My boys sometimes stay in the same outfit for 2 days. I see no harm. Hell I do it to because I never have enough energy or care in the world to change. You do you and if he’s clean, happy and healthy they it shouldn’t matter.

Kids bathe every other day so pjs good for 2 nights (unless we have a leak through) and clothes change daily.

my kids have bath once or two a days …and out fit in the day and pjs at night., but just to let you know my hubby every year change his pjs … if i don’t put in laundry basket he will keep repeat wear it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

If it’s not dirty I wouldn’t worry about it

I live in the deep south we can’t do the 2 day outfits. Its to hot and muggy for that mess especially when my youngest gets upset and sweats horribly. If their outfits are good and clean go for it.

I change every day…

1 Like

I do not own a washer or dryer. My kids never ever wear the same outfit the next day. They get changed into pjs at night then new outfit in the morning

2 Likes

My daighter get a bath every other night she wears the same pajamas at night till she gets a bath then she gets changed into new pajamas and wears them till she gets another bath. It’s just something that we have been doing since she was born shes 8 now. As far as clothes go she goes to school so she wears a different outfit daily. But I dont see anything wrong with wearing the same clothes more than one day if the kids are clean… you have to do what you have to do and no parent should judge you for that. We all do things as parents we aren’t proud of its life!

1 Like

Scenario one

Bath after breakfast with clean day clothes.
Bath at night with clean pj’s.

Scenario 2

This usually happens on a day the kids had a bath at night.
Change into day clothes in the morning. Messy fun/outdoor play till midday.
Bubble bath and change of clothes.
Clean play thereafter so a face towel wipe at night with pj’s suffice.

My kids are 4.5, almost 3 and just over a year old. So we have a home routine with no school.

My daughter wear the outfit one day and then we wash. She wears her pajamas 2 nights usually, it’s her favorite gown we have 3 of the same so she literally wears her Unicorn gown every night. I personally cant let my child wear her clothes more than a day. She plays hard and gets dirty.

I didn’t have a washer or drier when my daughter was that age and I still changed her clothes daily / Outfit changes when needed and pjs on at night. Devote a day everyweek to make a trip to the laundromat. You can also wash clothes by hand and hang dry
At that age my daughter went through 2-3 oulfits a day and she wasn’t a messy kid :woman_facepalming:

I usually change them everyday and bath everyday… unless it has been a lazy lay around all day kinda day then if they get one or not doesn’t really bother me. And I’ve been there with no washer or dryer it sucks but put ur clothes in the tub with soap and hot water wash them wring them out and hang them up if u can’t outside then do it inside in a room with the door shut and a heater on. That’s what I had to do for 5 of us lol it works! Thank the lord I have one now tho.

1 Like

If it isn’t soiled/spilled on, and if i still smell the fabric softener, they can still wear it. They usually get 3-4 wears from an item of clothing before it goes in the laundry. If its time to get into jammies, and their clothes still look and smell clean, they go back in the dresser. And honestly, as long as it isn’t cold in the house, my kids are just walkin around in their underwear. They don’t usually put clothes on until were leaving the house.

Some of the comments are classest and a ableist AS FUCK. Not every has the physical or financial capability to wash clothes every day or even every week for that matter.

My kid has eczema and she can’t bathe everyday or she will break out bad. I do give her a washcloth bath now that she in school

1 Like

If I had to do this I would at least take the outfit off and fold and put a different outfit on each day. Unless they sweat or crap in them they are clean😂
They wore outfits a few times! Washed their bodies daily though.

2 Likes

Idk my daughter would wear the same princess dress or bathing suit for like a week straight :joy: I don’t care if I get new clothes out for her, or I get them on her for about 5 min, she’ll still wind up in her old clothes. Honestly if it’s not dirty, or in my case not making a town trip, go for it! Lol

When it rains stick them outside!:grin:

I mean have you ever tried washing by hand? When I was young and broke I literally hand washed my kids clothes everyday so it didn’t pile up. Do what you have to do as I did. No shame … I think we have all been there! :heart:

3 Likes

So I change my sons clothes every day BUT if the outfit he is wearing is clean still I put it back in his dresser (same as I do with my clothes) :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I suppose that works for now, but unfortunatley honey hes very close to the age where you’ll have to change his clothes daily, if not more than once a day…wash by hand in a bath tub if thats what it comes down too.

3 Likes

Clothes for the day, pjs for bed. Some times two sets of clothes, depends if they have been at school/pre school :relieved:
You could always wash the clothes in the bath tub x

3 Likes

I didnt have a washer or dryer I wash clothes by hand and year I got a old scrub board thought I was in heaven

If you’re just hanging out around the house and theyre not dirty or stinky, at his age I don’t see a problem with it. I wouldn’t let him wear them more than 2 days, but really who cares if a baby wears the same clothes at home for 2 days!? Now if you’re going out shopping or playing outside or something where he’s being exposed to dirt and germs, then I’d probably put fresh clothes on for bed just to be fresh and help keep germs and stuff down. Otherwise save your time and laundromat money girl! Do what you gotta do :heart:

1 Like

:flushed:Every day. Twice a day. New pjs every night and new outfit every day.

4 Likes

If your worried about let him be naked, it’s not gonna hurt them. My washer broke 3 weeks after I had my baby and I’m a renter it took 8 weeks for my landlord to finally send somebody out to fix it. Thankfully I have a great neighbor who let me use theirs once a week but that’s not always the case

It’s really no one’s business if you can afford to do that then as a mother you have to do what you can do as long as your homes cleaned your children are fed a little bit of clothes for a second day isn’t going to kill anyone

I change them every day… My kids are really active and it is impossible to finish the day clean. We change into PJs after bath and then it’s a clean outfit the next day. I have a washer and dryer now but we previously lived in an apartment without those. I’m a working mom so I didn’t have the time to spend 3 hours al laundromat so I discovered they had a drop off service. They would charge me by the pound and I would pick it up all washed and folded in a couple of days… Super convenient service ( and not expensive at all as I would’ve thought) you should look into it…

oh my God people give her a break maybe she can afford anything y’all on there I change this I changed that two three times a day maybe you can afford it maybe this girl can’t why don’t somebody give her a washer and dryer then give her a break

1 Like

Our son is 16 months old and he wears outfits 2 days if we don’t go outside and if he doesn’t make a mess eating. Pants sometimes he wears a few days or we take them off but wear them again before washing. He deff goes through t-shirts quicker than pants…
We give him a bath every other day because his skin dries out really bad but we wipe him down with a warm rag every time he eats and make sure we are thorough cleaning his genitals every diaper change.
Don’t feel bad :yellow_heart: and you dont have to explain to anyone. They’re still little baby toddlers. They are getting dressed for work or for meetings. And if youre not leaving the house or playing outside all day long who cares??!

I do suggest investing in more t-shirts though if you can. Stocking up will make it last longer before laundry day

1 Like