How old were you when your mom stopped saying I love you?

My son says he loves me often x

My mom still does. I’m 39. My kids are 17,19, & 20 and I tell them all the time :heart::heart::heart:

my two sons are 21 and 23 and I tell them I love them Everytime I see them or talk to them.

She never said it. Not once

1 Like

My Mom passed away in 2018 and before she passed we would tell one another that we loved each other every day!:persevere::persevere: (Debbie)

27 when she passed away. We told each other at least 10 times a day .

1 Like

My parents are never the kind of parents that say I love you…but as I got older I started telling them I love you and they say it back lol…but hey some people grew up like that and like my parents for some reason are shy to show their feelings or embarrassed…but I’m not and I show them…so with time they are more affectionate now…never to late to show people even if it’s your own family jiji

I was 24. It was the day before her accident that put her into a coma and then passing. My mother tells my heart everyday that she loves me. A mother never stops telling her children that she loves them.

My mom never said I love you to me and I never said it to her, but we both loved each other very much. We didn’t need to hear it because we showed it to each other every day and I took care of her until the day she passed away because I love her. However, I tell my kids I love them everyday even if we’re mad I still say I love you to them and that will never stop until I’m gone.

I always hear it and im 34

1 Like

She never did. I never stop saying it to my son.

When she passed, 22 years ago. She was 75.

I say it to her more but it’s all good.

I tell mine everyday, they are 25 and 18.

I’m 48 and she still tells me every time she talks to me.

1 Like

23yrs old now. We say I love you to both my parents. And their not together anymore, separated . But still saying that to them every night :heartbeat:

I talked to her yesterday and I think we said it 4-5 times before we actually hung up. Talked with my dad last night too, same thing. I say it to my kids to the point that their annoyed by it, then say it a little more in case they ever forget for even half a second. I say it to my mother and father in law before we hang up or hug goodbye (they live across the street). I have friends I say I love you to on a regular basis.

I also have a brother who was my best friend growing up, and now lives less than an hour away, who I wouldn’t give my appendix to today.

Not all family is forever, or blood, and your mental and physical wellbeing should always come first.

I tell mine mum everyday on the phone and im 33

1 Like

I always tell my children I love each one of them every time I have the chance they were all grown ups.

I’m 54 my Mum’s 90 and she has never said “I love you”. I call her at least twice a week and always end the call with those important words but they’ve never been reciprocated. I don’t mind though because I think it stems from her own childhood, which wasn’t a loving one but mine was despite no cuddles or those important words, so I know she loves me. However, I always say those important words to my daughter and granddaughter :blush:

My mom told me she loved me on October 17 2010 October 21st 2010 she passed away

A mother should NEVER stop telling her children she loves them

1 Like

I can’t remember a time that she didn’t… I REALLY miss her :broken_heart:

1 Like

Just 2 weeks ago… I don’t pass up the chance to let my momma know I love her. :sparkling_heart:

never heard her say that to us

3 Likes

My mom nor dad ever told me they loved me at all and even if they do say it I can tell it’s coming from their heart :pensive:. I’m a mother myself now and I tell my son every day every time that I love him so much I don’t want to repeat the same cycle.

One and only time was on her death bed. I always tell my child I love her.

She still does and I’ll be 35 this year, says it to my husband too and sends hugs and kisses to the kids every time we talk on the phone. I’ll say it to my kids until I am not in this world.

I have a 25, 20 and 18 I still say it to them

I still say it to my 34 year old daughter, and my grandkids everytime we speak or meet up, in other words every single day

I’m 61 and my mom and I still say I love you

I can’t imagine my mom not telling me she loves me every time I go to hang up or walk out the door. What’s wrong with the mother?

Everytime i talk to her and im 58…

1 Like

My mum never said it.

I tell mine every day several times a day.
I love you also isn’t always said in those words, sometimes it’s "be careful " “wear your coat” “call when you get there” etc

As for me,I lost mom at a young age. I honestly don’t remember my dad saying it much of at all. But never felt he didn’t, his actions showed differently.

I’m 40 and hear it whenever I see her or talk to her on the phone

1 Like

I can’t recall my mom ever saying it. She probably did I just don’t remember

Till the day before she passed, I was 29, she was 53.

1 Like

Until the day she passed away. I heard her say it to me every time we spoke to each other.

1 Like

I still tell mine all the time and always will, they are 18 and 20.

I never remember mine ever saying it, until I left to move overseas (that was the only time). Thankfully my grandmother was loving and kind and said it to me every chance she got. My kids will never go a day without feeling/hearing how loved they are :purple_heart:

Never experienced, never felt.

2 Likes

I was 40. My mom told me she loved me and died the next morning.

I was 12 but she only stopped because she passed away. Prior to that she told me multiple times a day everyday

1 Like

I’m 50 and my mom still says it to me

When it will be my last breath

Everytime we leave each others houses I tell mum and dad I love them, I also tell the dog I love her, the cat and my brother and his girlfriend, it might be the last time I get to say it :sweat_smile:

11 - when she was “murdered”!

1 Like

She never did, only now at 71 when she needs something…

1 Like

I’m 46 years old and she still tells me every day. That’s not something that should stop. Life’s too short and you should tell the people you love that all the time.

1 Like

Not to be rude. I obviously know nothing about the dynamics of your situation. But when was the last time you said it to her? Start a narrative.

2 Likes

Every day until she passed away and I’ll tell my kids that I love them every time I speak to them until I pass x

I’m 36 and still hear it. I still tell my boys, too.

March 1st 2018. :’( :sob::sob::sob: the night before she passed away. I was 22 and she was 42. :pensive::confounded:

#FuckCancer

3 Likes

I don’t remember mine ever saying that

3 Likes

I do not remember her ever saying that to me.
Everytime I see one of my three daughters, I tell them that I love them. They are in their 30’s and I will never stop telling them that I love them.

My mother left 4 children and a husband. We were all under 10 years old, I am 55 now and never heard from her. So my dad was not a verbal man but he showed us his love for us by taking care of us all in so many ways. He sacrificed everything so we could have a good life.

My mom still does every now and then

1. November 9th 1991. She took a breath said she loved me. The last words she said. She died the next day.

I am 27 and me and my mother text each other goodnight love you every night

I was 22 and it was the day she died

I’m 48 and my Mama and I say we love each other just about every single day. My kids are almost 26 and 22 and I will never stop saying that to them. My siblings and I also say it every time we speak as well.

I never heard my mother say I love you she showed us instead by making sure we were fed, bathed, clothed and treated us to weekend outings. I love you mom in heaven miss you dearly

Never stopped. Still everytime on phone. And saying goodbye.

2 Likes

I have Never stopped saying it to my children all grown up now

I’ll never stop saying I love you to my children or anyone else I love. I say it all the time.

My Mom says it multiple times a day and I’m 44!

Never​:heart:, she passed in 2012. I know in my :heart: she still is telling me today. I have 4 boys and grandson, I always will n never stop telling them… I :heart: them. (You are truly loved too​:grin:)

I’m a grandmother great grandmother still tell my
Family I love them always because you never know what’s ahead of you

1 Like

I haven’t heard my mom say i love you in many years. She said it once about four Christmases ago but before that I was a kid.

Up to this day my son is 30 and I tell him I love him everyday.

I don’t say those words at all I don’t like them words, them fightin words right there

2 Likes

I’m 30 and every time we see each other or talk to each other we always say I love you. We still kiss too.

3 Likes

my mom still tells me everyday several times a day she loves me, she is my best friend.

My mom has never stopped saying I love you. She tells me Everytime I talk to her.

Never. We still say it

My mom still says I love you and I’m 41!

My mother never told me she loved me, told me she hated me quite often though.

I don’t remember it ever being said by either parent. That’s the reason I say it a hundred times a day to my daughter.

My Mom has always told me she loved me. I never doubted for one second she didn’t. My 36 y/o son (an only) and I talk by phone or messenger daily and end each conversation ends with “Love you, Love ya to”. Every face to face visit ends with hugs. He’s teaching my Grandson to do the same.

I don’t think my mother ever told she loves me!! Oh well, can’t miss something you never had😏

My mom says I love you and I’m in my mid 30s. I tell my children I love them Every. Day. Multiple times a day.

This makes me sad to read. My kids are 23 and 22, I still tell them I love them every time we talk or text and when they come home for a visit I still kiss them good night. They are my :purple_heart:

1 Like

I’m 45, she’s 66 & she still says I love you… I personally never leave the house, hang up the phone or stop texting without saying I love you to my kids… they’re all in their 20’s now! I’ll even send them a text every now and then just saying “I love you”.

I don’t tell my kids I love them with those words, it sounds more like “be safe” “did you have a good day at work” and “yeah I guess I can do that for you”

First heard it at 50.

1 Like

My mum’s never said it

July 10th 2019. I dropped her off at home after spending the day swimming and hanging out. She passed away the next day. She was 55. I was 37. Today is 2-14-2020. I miss her everyday.

2 Likes

She still tells me ALL the time.

1 Like

My mom said I love you right up until the day she died

I’m 30 and my mom says it every time we talk, multiple times, and sometimes just texts me “I love you”… this question made me sad

28 because I lost her to pancreatic cancer. I will never stop telling my babies I love them.

I’m 34 and she still tells me every single day.

2 Likes

I only had my mom tell me once in my whole life. And it was a letter she sent me after leaving the country to get an operation, with out telling me. She thought she was not going to make it out alive. I was about 15 years old. I’m now almost 40 and see her all the time

40 …Just before she lost all function, a few days before she passed away … My children are in their 30’s and I tell them I love them everytime we speak :heart_eyes::kissing_heart: p.s. if you never heard it from your mom … I love you more than words can say​:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

My mom never said it. In fact, she said she never wanted another child, but my Dad (who said I love you until the day he passed away) wanted a daughter.

Say it still kids r 29-20

She kissed me on the head & said she loved me the night before she passed…i was 25

1 Like

I’m 50 and she tells me every day

2 Likes

Forevermore till passed away and still I love you mom, dad, grandpa grandma, brother sister…!

1 Like