How old were you when your mom stopped saying I love you?

My mom never stopped…in fact, they were the last words spoken between us💔

I’ll never stop telling my kids I love them, but I can’t remember the last time my mom told me she love me

Never stop. That’s so sad

3 Likes

I don’t know my children are 16 19 and 21 and I have an almost two-year-old grandson I say I love you all the time I think I will always say I love you bear my children

My mom never stopped saying I LOVE YOU!! She’s 90 years old and I’m 51!! As a mom I will never stop telling my kids I love them, I don’t care how old they are!!!

My Mum never stopped telling my Brother and I and always her Grandchildren. My Mum passed away 21st Jan this year and told us she loved us right up until her last breath almost. I am the same with my boys and will continue for the rest of my days to tell them I love them daily.

I say it to my adult children everyday :purple_heart::purple_heart:

We say I love you Everytime we talk

1 Like

Mom and I, we still say I love you and I still tell my kids every chance I get whether its talking or txt, it’s always ended with an I love you!! I’m 43 and my kids are 16 and 18 and I couldn’t imagine not saying I love you to them.

My kids are in their 40s and 50s and I still say it all the time

My mom says it but my dad doesn’t, he’s just not one of those types.

Thank goodness she tells me every time I see her. I will truly miss that she cant anymore

2 Likes

Mine always tells me

1 Like

My mom tells me literally every time we speak or see each other im 30

My Mom told me my entire life…until she passed away :frowning:

I am 40 and my mom tells me everyday that she loves me

We say I love you every single day. Not sure why one would stop

1 Like

My mom has not stopped!

Only heard it a couple times but don’t remember! Ill always tell my kids I love them and need to say it more.

I am 60 and she always says she loves me

1 Like

I don’t remember my parents ever saying…I love you…
Just didn’t

I try to say it when I talk to my children
Different generations.

I still tell my kids I love them even tho they are grown please tell your kids every time you see them or talk to them and hug them tight. I lost my oldest daughter in January of this year. I am so glad that I hugged her & told her I loved her. She had Massive Heart attack, it was a shock to all of us. Please,please hug them & yell them how much you LOVE THEM :two_hearts::two_hearts::broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart:

My mom says it every now and then but me as a mom I will never stop saying it my boys will always hear me say I love u

My kids are 18 and 24 and I still tell them all the time

36 and say it every single time we speak :heartpulse:

1 Like

My Momma passed away when l was 18yrs. Old ) l am now 68yrs. Old ) soo 50 yrs. ! I miss her every single day … :cold_sweat:

I will never stop saying to my kids the following phrases…
I love you
I am proud of you
You can do this!

Mom past away 3 weeks before my 17th bday. We were mever a family that said i love u, Im a mother now and make sure I tell my kids 1000000 times a day

My kids are 23,19,12 and I tell them all the time!

I am 40 and my mom still tells me she loves me

I’m 38 and she said it to me today.

1 Like

My daughter is 35 and I say it all the time. I dont ever remember my mom telling me that

We always say it. At the end of a phone convo or in person. It comes naturally. Some people don’t feel the same but if you wish to hear it then maybe remind her by telling her you love her. Sometimes it opens a closed door. :heart:

1 Like

Im 32 and we say it all the time. Im sorry your mom stopped

2 Likes

I was 32 the day she passed away.

2 Likes

I’m 35 and we say it every time we talk or see each other.

1 Like

I make sure I always say that to my kids they are my loves in my life

Maybe kindergarten, if that.

1 Like

My mom tells me all the time. Whenever we talk

Every single time we talk as well as my children and I say it. I love you means I’m so good with you and I am happy with our relationship… you rock!! You should say it first. Sometimes people just forget. I don’t.

Honestly, i cant remember my mom ever saying that to me.

However, I tell my son how much I love him several times a day.

I tell my kids every day, and my mom tells me every day and I’m in my 40’s

I’m 48 and my mum still says it to me and my sisters.
My son is almost 21 and I tell him every day.

I talk with my parents everyday, especially my mama!! She calls me several times throughout the day!! :grin: She’s my headache! My heart! My best friend! :heart:

I dont remember her saying that even once…i think the good things she did for me she thought she was saying i love you

1 Like

We say it to each other all the time when we leave each other, hang up the phone after talking, or when we get each other gifts. I think it’s important to hear and that you are never too old to say it or even hear it. We may not always get along or see eye to eye but at the end of the day she is my mom and I love her. I will say It to my kids when I have them always even if they don’t say it to me…it’s sad that not all families do that.

Never…
She tells me everytime we talk or she will will “say” it in text.

Only thing she say I was a pain in her …

I say it every single day

Every day before we put the phone down I’m 40 Always tell my kids before they go to school or before my older 2 put the phone down x

I don’t ever remember my mother telling me that she loved me. I was about 56, when she passed away.

I’m 41 and my Mum still says it and texts it sometimes.

We said it to each other yesterday

I will be 32 next month and my mom tells me she loves me everytime I leave her house or when I get off the phone…

I’m 50 and my mam says it to me everyday still x

55 and counting. I say it and get it in return.

OMG,My mom NEVER stopped telling us she loved us.As long as she could talk she said it and the last few days on her death bed we could see it in her eyes if that counts for anyone other than us. Not a day went by that she didnt tell us and a hug and kiss if we were together. we ALL do that no matter where we are at

I have never heard my mom say this

A mother should never stop saying so to her children. I’m am sorry for you that she hasn’t said so since you were little. But in my wisdom I realize we don’t know everything and there may be some reason your momma just can’t including physical ailments, mentality, or mortality. Just know that our Heavenly Father put only a small portion of his love for all his children within their mother’s hearts. He has kept the rest within himself so that we will never be unloved. Remember that every time she can’t or won’t. Your Heavenly Father loves you more than anyone ever could. :heart:

Ummmm. Never? Haha. I’m 25, always say it :relieved:

My mom never told me she loved me. I can’t recall not one single time ever

37 and she’s never stopped…

My whole life. :joy: That human has never said it to me.

I’m 36, my mom passed away when I was 23. I never remember her telling me she loved me. My dad passed away when I was 34 and he told me once in a while and everytime he told me I got tears in my eyes. The day my dad passed he said " sis I love you, I’m going home"… my son is 14, I tell him all the time that I love him, I text him a time or two a day just to tell him I love him. Never stop telling your kids you love them…

My mom always says it…

My mother rest her soul never told me she loved me.I never heard those words from her…but I survived it.

I tell my adult kids I love them and always will.

I’m coming up 41 and we still say it every time we say goodbye xx

Kaylyn Garland and Kara Garland it will not stop!! :heart:

2 Likes

15, thats when she passed away

My mother never stopped saying it. They were her last words. My sons are 44 and 40, and I tell them I love them almost every day. Because you never know when they’re going to be your last words.

I am 36 she is 60. Everyday, multiple times a day.

Everyday until the day she died!!!

My never really said it, but me & my Kids ages:
26,31,34 tell each other
I love you :heart: all the time!
I Nevet wanted to be like her a Cold, distanced person!

My mom slowed up on it when I was 14.
But then I got into a major accident that could have killed me. And she says it more frequently now.

My mum tells me it every day and I tell my 27 yr old daughter it every day

I dont remember ever at all

My mother was 92, her mind was great but her body was totally shot, I would pick her up from assisted living of Friday night, 1 1/2 hour drive to get her and take her to her home (1/2 hr away), then take her back on Sunday night, so I could work Monday AM. I would bath her, get her ready for bed, tuck her in, kiss her good night, I love you. She would say to ME, good night mom, I love you! What an honor, to be mom to my mother. She passed in April 2009, I love her and miss her every day!

My mom never uttered those words to me-I tell them to my son every time I see him

Everyday until she died. :sob:

Am 28 …and my mom still saying it…

The last time my Mom said I love you to me, I was 60, she passed away a week later, she’d been in a coma. That was 3 1/2 yrs ago.

2 Likes

I have left 40 in the dirt and my mother still tells me she loves me. But, not everyone is comfortable expressing their love verbally. Perhaps she shows her affection in other ways? It is also possible that you could gently let her know that you need to hear the words every now and then. Ask for what you need.

10 Likes

My Mom tells me everyday and I tell her everyday. I also tell my daughter and husband multiple times a day. You never know when it will be the last time you ever say it or the other person gets to hear it from you.

4 Likes

My Mom tells me she loves me every time we speak to each other whether it be a phone call, every text message, and in person. I feel so sad that someone may find it normal for a Mom to stop saying I love you to their child. :sob::sob: Is that a common thing, for a mother to stop saying I love you at such a young age as 7?!?!!! I tell my daughter every morning before school, when she gets home, and before she goes to sleep every night that I love her and she’s almost 14!!

10 Likes

My mother tells me everyday and I tell her everyday. I also tell my kids everyday. I’m sorry your mother stopped telling you she loves you. That’s heartbreaking. No one should ever have to go through this.

My mom was in the hospital with renal failure. I had gone to sit with her and when I left, she said”I love you “. It was the last words led hear from her as she passed away that night in her sleep! I can still hear the words! I tell all my kids, 47, 44, 40, and 39 plus my grandchildren! One day I was talking to my oldest and I forgot to say it when I hung up! The phone immediately rang back, with her saying “ mom you forgot something “. They are my world and I want them to know! And after 52 years of marriage, we never go to bed without say” I love you “!

42 Likes

My Mother didn’t say I Love You ! Probably just a few times that I remember. She passed away years ago. I say it a lot to our kids, grandkids , great grandkids. To my husband many times a day. :heart:

I’m 47 and my mama always tells me and fyi we still hug and kiss on the mouth. I do the same with all my (grown & teen) kids too. And it’s not like I force my kids, they come to me for kisses, hugs, and I love yous. Affection and love flows freely in our family on all sides thankfully!!

8 Likes

My mom always says she loves me. And we still give kisses one the cheek or forehead. And I will always say it to my girls and grandkids. My heart breaks for those who don’t hear those words from their parents. :disappointed_relieved:

I was 29. My mom went in for major surgery & the last thing she said to me was I love you. She passed 4 days later after never coming out of a coma. I tell my children several times a day that I love them because one never knows what will happen.

5 Likes

The last thing my Mommy said to me was I love you , she passed away Oct 22, 2016… I tell my children and grandchildren I love you every time we talk!! I will always till my last breath tell them I love you!

2 Likes

I never heard it from either of my parents . As a parent myself now I make sure I tell my kids and there spouses and grandkids that I love them every chance I get !!

5 Likes

My mum and I say it to eachother every time we talk. She adopted me cause all she wanted in life was a daughter to love, and she hasn’t stopped reminding me since :heart:

4 Likes

My mom and I still say I love you haven’t lived at home since I was 16 almost 30 now with kids of my own and we will never stop saying I love you to each other :heart:

1 Like

My mom tells me everytime we talk and vice versa. As a matter of fact, my whole family makes it a point to say love you to each other every time we end a conversation.

4 Likes

I can’t remember hearing my Mom say those words (which I know she did) but she showed her love daily. Showing it meant so much more. That is what makes precious memories.

1 Like

My mom and I tell each other all the time, and I say it to my children and grandchildren. It’s so important to know you are loved!

2 Likes

My mom never told me that. My dad did every day but he passed away a few years ago

I’m almost 34 and my mom still tells me she loves me every time we talk or see each other… my siblings and I say we love each other every time we see or talk too and I tell my kids at least 10 times a day that I love them! I didn’t know moms ever stopped saying I love you to their kids… that makes me sad :disappointed:

3 Likes