How soon did you try having a baby after a miscarriage?

Hey mamas, I had a miscarriage at 11 weeks then had a D&C. This was about two weeks ago. I just wanted to know for all the mamas that had miscarriages, when did you start trying again? This was also my first pregnancy.

53 Likes

Took 3 months after .

1 Like

My dr. Recommended 3 months.

1 Like

My doctor suggested 9 weeks

1 Like

I got pregnant 2 months after I suffered a miscarriage. My rainbow baby will be 28 next month

Its recommended u wait 3 to 6 months depending on how many and why u had the miscarriage. Because if u get pregnant right after the miscarriage it possibly can raise ur risk to have another miscarriage

1 Like

My doctor said you are actually most fertile after a d&c if you feel you are emotionally ready to try again.

3 Likes

I would ask your doctor but my OB always wanted me to have one period cycle before trying again

They say wait for a while so your body can heal

I had a miscarriage in july had to get a dnc done and the doctor that did it said i can try right away or wait but i just finally got my period the beginning of September so now im trying… So baby dust on everyone thats trying

When you are mentally ready. You’re body will go thru a cycle when its ready.

I stopped trying after miscarriage as didnt want to put pressure on myself
Fell pregnant 6 months after. Now have 2 healthy, happy daughters x

I had a miscarriage and D&C and got pregnant 5 weeks later. But then I lost it because my uterine wall was likely still too thin. So then I waited one cycle and conceived the following month and had a successful pregnancy. So wait at LEAST one cycle!

I think I got preggo 3 months after mine.

Need to have at least one cycle and then you can start trying.

I had a miscarriage at 12 weeks and had a d&c, also my first pregnancy. I waited until I had one cycle then fell pregnant with our rainbow baby after that. It was about 3 months after our loss xx

I had to have a D&C when I was 17 weeks pregnant. We didn’t activly try for about 9ish months. It was too sore a subject for us to think of trying sooner
I got pregnant with my daughter 2 months after, we weren’t really even trying then.

I got pregnant the same month I miscarried but my miscarriage happened at 5 weeks and a d&c wasn’t necessary.

I miscarried at 11/12 weeks and the doctor didnt say anything about waiting that I remember. It was about 3 months or so later that I got pregnant with my son. Edit to add: we didnt exactly try but we didnt use protection either. We let it happen on it’s own

Was told you are most fertile after a pregnancy, miscarriage or not. We continued to try, it took us nearly a year to get pregnant again. Sorry for your loss :heart:

I got pregnant in January and miscarried in March and had to have a dnc got pregnant in April miscarried in May then got pregnant in June and had my baby in March he is now 6 months old.

My doctor told me to wait two period cycles

About 3 months just to have the lining refresh a few times, this is what my dr suggested and it made sense to me but could be personal preference tho.

I think youre supposed to wait 6 weeks. This is a question for your dr. It could vary for you.

I got pregnant on my next cycle after my miscarriage but it was at 9 weeks with no D&c. I’ve heard you are very fertile after miscarriage.

Following because I’m literally in the same boat and go back on Monday for follow up after D&C. Wondering myself how soon after clearance did others try and end up with a successful pregnancy?
Also wondering if anyone who has experienced a miscarriage also had an IUD removal within a month or 2 before getting pregnant (just wondering if that may have had something to do with it…)?
Thank you for posting! Feels better that I don’t feel so alone :pensive:

I had a miscarriage at around 12 weeks last year in October. I did not need a D&C. I got pregnant around January and am due in a few weeks with our rainbow :rainbow:

Started trying THE week after once I was healed up. Got pregnant immediately. Our rainbow baby will be a week old tomorrow

1 Like

It’s recommended to wait an entire cycle

I had a miscarriage in July of 2017. I read online it was best to try again asap and I used an app to track my periods. I was pregnant with my rainbow baby in October and had her in July 2018.

When I lost my baby at 12 weeks, I was told i can try again right away, I naturally miscarried, and didnt end up needing medical treatment.

I have had 2 miscarriages and both times I became pregnant 3 months after and had successful pregnancies.

A week later I tried again and had my daughter. I would wait at least 6 weeks Incase of infections? Everyone’s bodies are different.

I was told anywhere from 12-16 weeks after

I miscarried at 20 weeks had a d&c and tried again within a month and had my rainbow baby. :heart: everyones different its all about if you are ready.

Miscarried at 11 week and my dr took my blood twice a week to see when my levels went back down to 0 so it wouldn’t get confused with the next pregnancy and I got pregnant almost exactly a month after it took 2 weeks for me personally to go back down to 0!

I had miscarriage May 6th 2016 I was 7 in half months pregnant with twin girls I had a d&c my doctor told me wait for awhile so your body could heal up

it was my first pregnancy, miscarried initially at 6weeks 6days, went all the way to 12 weeks without knowing. this happened on my bday in jan of 2019, i conceived my now 10 month old son march 17th of 2019.

3 months…and successfully got pregnant

After we lost our first baby to a missed miscarriage, we started again straight away, the miscarriage passed naturally and although we were hurting we still felt ready to try again. Start trying again once you feel you’re ready to. Im so sorry for your loss x

It took me a year after I lost mine…i was taking prenatal and everything.

I had an ectopic pregnancy had surgery and lost my whole right fallopian tube. I got pregnant 5 months after.

I think u should ask u doctor

The dr recommended waiting 3 months to give my body time to fully recover.

I miscarried at 7 weeks and I got pregnant about 5 months later we did t expect it

I had a miscarriage on April 4th and had my son April 6th a year later

Wait one period cycle then try again is what was suggested to me but it took me almost 4 years to actually conceive.

I also had a miscarriage with my first pregnancy and we started trying by 6 months later but it took a little over 2 years for me to get pregnant. My little rainbow baby is now 16 months old and he is a little ball of energy. It was hard a difficult i was scared through my whole pregnancy and when i saw blood I freaked out but i was told by my doctor that it was implantation bleeding.

Im so sorry! We had a missed miscarriage in 2015 after three full term pregnancies and I was never mentally ready to do it again. We found out we were expecting again in March 2018. Thrilled but terrified! Unfortunately we lost that baby too. Another missed miscarriage right after the 12 week mark where I started feeling safe. Statistically, extremely unlikely but it happened. We were preventing when we found out AGAIN in October 2018 (so five months later). He is 15 months now and I’m holding him in my lap while I write this. Being pregnant with him was a HUGE anxiety rollercoaster. A doppler kept me mostly sane. Now I’m 33 weeks with #5. It has been easier this time since we could listen to the heartbeat and feel movement. Talking with your doctor is #1 but beyond that it is an extremely personal decision that doesn’t really have a wrong answer IMHO.

9 Likes

I had a miscarriage with my first pregnancy it is very common… I lost the baby at 6 weeks and I didn’t realize how upset I was about it till my 2nd pregnancy about 2 and a half months later. I spoke to a lady about it in a health clinic and I burst out crying when I was asked if I had ever been pregnant before… I’m pregnant again and I’m going on 21 weeks! Best of luck to you! It’s rough but it always gets better :heart:

1 Like

I waited till they told me it was safe. I think they told me to wait 6 months & then by the 6 months I was still scared and mourning my lost… so I end up waiting a whole year till I got pregnant & had a successful strong pregnancy & my little man makes 1 this month :blue_heart:. I would say start trying when it’s safe and when you’re completely ready.

4 Likes

2 early miscarriage around 6 weeks in a row,then I fell pregnant the next month, and had no problems she is now nearly 4.
Although mentally was hard for quite a while, every time I went to the toilet for weeks I expected to see blood.
Could or wouldn’t let myself get excited.
But after ultrasound at 12 weeks, I felt better.
They say sometimes you are more fertile afterwards, if it was an early one, usually can try straight away after bleeding stops. If you are emotionally ready.
Good luck!

1 Like

I am so sorry for your loss, I went through the same thing in July… We waited till my first period again and we are currently trying again. It’s scary and nerve wrecking, but as soon as you are ready try again. I’m still nervous and think what if, but if you don’t try you won’t know and you can’t wait for ever either :two_hearts: praying for you xxx

Mine took some years and failed. I lost an ovary which was why I couldn’t carry. Took a huge toll on me. Then one day, I just got accustomed to maybe not having a child, I was on the way to see my father who was passing due to cancer and I kept getting dizzy…long story short I wasn’t sick I was pregnant!!! Carried well, full term and have a precious child now. God works in mysterious ways! :heart:

1 Like

I’m so sorry you had to go through that mama. I had a miscarriage and I started trying 5 months later and got pregnant right away. The most helpful thing someone told me when I was going through it was, “you will get pregnant again, just heal for now.” It helped me get through. Give your body time and it will respond. Hugs to you! :heart:

5 Likes

I had a miscarriage last year June at 13weeks-my 2nd pregnancy…i fell pregnant again in October…now I have a bouncy baby boy…
I wasn’t trying for another one after losing…it just kinda happened…

Oh I am so so sorry! We had a miscarriage they say before our son’s 2nd birthday, had the D&C done a few days later and we were told that once the bleeding stopped from that, go through one cycle, get my period again and then we could try. We weren’t mentally ready yet at that point though.

I had a early term miscarriage first few days of March then found out at the end of April I was in fact pregnant. I would say as soon as it’s safe to do so and you are mentally/physically ready❤

We waited a few months but it took a year to get pregnant again. We have our rainbow :rainbow: now. The whole pregnancy was emotional though, i was scared and nervous until he was born. Prayers for you hun and your family.

2 Likes

im really sorry for your loss :pensive: I had a miscarriage in July 2019 and now im 12 weeks pregnant but I remember my doctor telling me to wait a year so my body can heal properly before trying again but I’ve known people to fall pregnant not long after and have a healthy pregnancy good luck you in your future :heart::heart::heart:

I’m so sorry for your loss! I had to have a d and c because of a partial molar pregnancy. I waited 4 months to be safe now having my son in December. I pray things are better with the next pregnancy

Physically I waited till i was “cleared “ by my ob. If your wondering mentally. . You are never “ready”. It’s bitter sweet. . But a week before our Oakleigh’s due date we are blessed to be carrying another baby :green_heart:

3 Likes

I had a miscarriage 11 weeks into my first pregnancy. Once I got confirmation that my hormone levels had returned to normal (about a month) we started trying again right away (I found out I was pregnant almost 2 months to the day after the miscarriage) .

As devastated and nervous as I was, that successful pregnancy helped me thru the loss.

Physically waited for doctor to say but it was about 4 months and we were blessed again. You never forget your baby, that due date and all the things that pass by are hard but in time, you’ll be snuggling a new baby who is made to be part of your family. Big hugs :hugs:

I unfortunately had 3 miscarriages and my only son is 8 years old. Nine years later, I’m 3 months pregnant. God willing, everything will go well this time :heart:

I had a miscarriage at 5 weeks and didn’t get a period after. I thought it was because my body was healing but my partner insisted that I take a test and it was positive. Im currently 28 weeks due in dec.

1 Like

I had a missed miscarriage at 10 weeks had to have a d&c. Got pregnant with my rainbow baby 4 months later. He is now 5 years old🥰

Figure out when this one would have been born and add 12 months, it takes 2 years between pregnaces for the body to heel. This was told til me by my dr. When my 3rd daughter was born. I spent 2 weeks in hospital an d six weeks in bed. I’m also a nurse . My grand daughter has been a surragunt twice, Her dr told her that she had to wait at least 9 months before conception of 2 nd baby. Hope this helps

I got pregnant about 3 months after my miscarriage. They told me to wait until I had a normal period

1 Like

Whenever you feel ready as long as your doctor says it’s safe. I miscarried back in December at about 5 weeks and I was pregnant again 3 months later. I’m now 27 weeks pregnant and I was finally feeling somewhat secure, and just recently we’ve had another miscarriage scare. I bled for a full 24 hours between this Sunday and Monday and if it wasn’t for me being able to feel my baby moving I would be an absolute wreck. Any pregnancy after a miscarriage is bound to be full of anxiety, I’m looking forward to our little rainbow but I probably won’t feel 100% safe until this baby is here.

My first pregnancy I also had a miscarriage Sept 2014 and got pregnant again the following month which the doctor said I needed to wait longer but got pregnant anyway and everything went well

I’ve never personally experienced just know many people who have experience these kinds of losts. And i really feel its up to each family. One of my friends waited another year. Another friend waited until 3 months. Talk to your doctor too. Because every person’s body is different.

I fell pregnant again the following month after having a miscarriage. Hes 7 this October followed by his 5 year old sister and 3 year old brother❤ good luck🥰

I had a miscarriage at 11 weeks and then a d&c the dr told me wait 6 months and I could try again right at 8 months we found out we were pregnant now we have an almost 1 year old little boy

wait till your heart is ready you’ll never get past it emotionally but it gets better and you feel the hurt less often as time passes

I was told by the Dr that did my dnc to wait 2 periods so the lining of my uterus can rejuvenate. If I didn’t I could have another miscarriage. Mine was pretty horrifying cause I hemorrhaged. So I’m gonna wait :grimacing:

I misscarrarried in Aug and was pregnant again in September.this was about 10 years ago and,my Dr said wait a cycle and try again. I decided not to wait

1 Like

Sorry for your loss. Iv had 2 miscarriages n started trying straight away after both n fell the first month. Good luck :yellow_heart:

Had a miscarriage at about 8 to 10 weeks, took 6 months to get pregnant again it was my 3rd pregnancy first miscarriage and now he’s a healthy 4 year old

My first was a miscarriage at 12 weeks. I also had a D&C. About a year and a half we got pregnant with my son.

I had my first ever miscarriage December 14, 2019, a couple of weeks later I saw my doctor and she said I could try again whenever I felt up to it, I got pregnant again in February 2020 and am due to have my son in 6 weeks, I would just talk to your doctor get their opinion and then decide what’s best for you

With a D&C you probably need to let your body heal for at least 6 weeks and go with what your OBs advice

1 Like

I had a miscarriage and D&C in June of 18 and got pregnant again in Jan 2019, we started trying after i had my first normal period

They told me to start trying right away as soon as I felt ready. I miscarried in May and got a positive test end of june.

I tried a month later and got pregnant, it ended in another miscarriage (as did the one a month after that) & then a month after my third one (3 months after my first miscarriage) I got pregnant and had my son.

D&c was done and my dr told me to have 1 period before trying. I got pregnant right away with my baby boy❤️

I lost my daughter at 16 week November 2018 and have not tried again i had to have emergency surgery after delivery due to bleeding. I have a healthy 2/1/2 year old and 20 year old son. I wish you all the best for a healthy pregnancy/ pregnancies :heart:

I miscarried in August of 2019. I got pregnant again this March and am due 12/1. My doctor said it was safe to start trying when I started my period again.

I got pregnant 4 months after my miscarriage. Doctor told me I was good to start trying again as soon as I had my next period.

I had a miscarriage at 17 weeks and then a nother at 12 weeks about 9 months later. I got pregnant again almost instantly after the last one. Currently 31 weeks. It will happen when it does.

I had my 1st born in 2001. I miscarried my 2nd in 2004. I hemorrhaged and literally flatlined in the ER. They couldn’t do a DNC bcuz it was to risky after all the blood I lost. I waited almost 5 yrs, I was devastated and heartbroken, still am. Then a bit scared when I got prego with my 3rd, afraid the same thing would happen. Thanks to God I had a healthy baby Boy. Sending Prayers and Good Vibes for whenever you decide to try again​:pray::innocent:Sorry for your loss.

I had a miscarriage last year November at 12 weeks an still haven’t seen my period, have been to gyn and still nothing

I had a D&C at 8 weeks ( tubal pregnancy ) 3 weeks later I was almost 12 weeks pregnant . Dr said I must have been carrying twins

1 Like

I made sure I got a negative pregnancy test first so I didn’t get a false positive from left over hormones and then started trying again

My daughter was born still born in June 2020 at 6 months due to trisomy 18 and neural tube defect. She was born by c-section. My Dr told me I can start trying again in four months which is October

We tried as soon as we could track fertile days again. (Type one diabetic, and didn’t want children after 25.) Seeing as I was already 25 we kind of decided to just go at it. :sweat_smile:

I recently had a miscarriage in July and now I’m pregnant again :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I had a miscarriage at 9 weeks, got pregnant again about 2 weeks later and am currently 15 weeks.

I Was 12 Weeks When I Miscarried & About 4 Weeks Later I Got Pregnant Again. My Twins Are 2 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Don’t Loose Faith Hun! All Things Happen For A Reason

Isaiah 41:10✨

Most drs say wait 6 to 8 weeks for body to heal but you do what you feel is right for you