How to clean a diaper rash?

Baby powder (cornstarch]

Baby could have an allergy to the milk he is getting I had to change to soy milk when my daughter went through this

1 Like

I swear by butt paste and the blue desitin … You can also use corn starch to dry it out

Be careful of how much cream you put on him, most creams if over used cause the skin to thin and break open and then infections start, vaseline is a good option to protect the skin but maybe if it keeps getting worse he will need to be seen by a dr

3 Likes

You may need a prescription drug for it so might want to contact your doctor about it. sometimes it has bacteria that these over the counter meds just don’t touch or do anything with it.

3 Likes

Keep the area dry even before the distine and after baths… keep it dry but if hurts to poop go to the doctor

My Granddaughter had it so bad and the Dr said very diluted Bleach water and then in a fe das Epson Salt baths eventually was healed.

Try some liquid antacids on his bottom and then a diaper cream

Are there any tiny, red dots? If so, add a monistat or ani fungal cream.

Mix liquid Maalox with your favorite diaper cream. Creates an excellent barrier.

Allow as much diaper free time as possible. Use a fan or blow dryer on gentle/low to make sure all folds are dry.

Use soap/warm water or baby oil to wash bottom. Skip the wipes. They can burn.

Fill the tub a couple inches and sprinkle in some baking soda. Swish around to mix. Let him oak in the tub for about 10 15 minutes. It will give him immediate temporary relief and smooth the area. My daughter has allergies, during some introductions she gets a terrible rash. I do this let the area dry completely. Then next diaper change apply aquaphor.

Try cornstarch instead off the ointments it works miracles

2 Likes

See a pediatrician. Certain remedies can worsen things that would help others. Doctors know for sure…

2 Likes

Oatmeal bath and then let him run around without a diaper. Or change to a cloth one just for rashes.

At this point he may need a topical steroid ointment for the inflammation. Ask your pediatrician.

1 Like

Maybe he’s allergic to the diaper?

1 Like

Try some Monistat cream

1 Like

Corn starch works good…

1 Like

Maybe talk to his dr for a medicated cream.

This was what finally helped my daughter when her diaper rash was awful.

My granddaughter did the same thing an it was allergic reaction

Bath him warm not hot water no soap burns. Pat dry don’t rub. Use Desitin creamy dab on don’t rub. Let go with no diaper. Give Pedia sure don’t give things to have diarrhea

ALWAYS RINSE THE WIPES IN WARM (not hot) WATER FIRST!!! The wipes sting!!

Check with Pediatrician

Curash baby powder keeps it dry and has the zinc in it for healing

Maybe a yeast infection in which case the diaper cream isn’t enough and the frequent baths are irritating it.

Cornstarch baby powder after Vaseline

Pure CBD full spectrum.

Burt’s bees baby ointment always worked wonders for my kids, plus they have sensitive skin and it didn’t bother their skin at all

Desitin worked for me back in the day. I had to use cloth diapers for my son broke out in a horrible rash with disposable.

Get you a dirt dobbers mound and turn it into powder. One of my granny’s old diaper rash treatments. I have used it on all 6 of kids. It will start drying it up soon as you put a clean diaper on him.

1 Like

Corn starch will pull the rash out

Bath… MONOSTAT… NEVER PUT VASELINE ON A DIAPER RASH… Most rashes are yeast infections

2 Likes

Only thing that ever worked on my kids for a bad diaper rash was cornstarch or if it was REALLY bad is a Dr prescription of Nystatin powder.

1 Like

Warm bath soak soap, desitin, air out when possible

Definitely let him sit in a warm bath for awhile to relax him. Try not to wipe hard when changing him and I use Boudreaux’s butt paste from Walmart and even on my daughters really bad rashes it clears it up fast and after it clears up use baby powder every time you change him it’ll prevent moisture in his diapers especially since it’s the summer

Dry him really good and use corn starch. The kind in the baking isle in the grocery store.
My daughter when she was born , had a very bad rash from a formula they gave her in the hospital. They used milk of magnesia. The corn starch. Within 2 day she was clear.
This rash was so bad her bottom was bleeding, I know this works.

Vagasil helps even though it’s a cream for women for yeast infections, it works great on diaper rash.

1 Like

Don’t go by any of these comments and do not put bleach!!! Keep using the Vaseline and keep his bottom dry. Frequent diaper changes.

1 Like

In all reality you should be working swiftly to get out of the diapers at 2.

Maximum strength Destin and corn starch

1 Like

Used this on my nephews and my daughter when they got bad diaper rash per their doctor and it works very quickly. Aviva paper towels wet and ring out to use as wet wipes.

A abd d ointment makes it not abs worse

Do not use Vaseline!!!

3 Likes

Try Boudreaux’s butt cream. I don’t have kids but it works great for heat rash too.

Clean, diaper cream, canestin/yeast infection cream, cornstarch, Vaseline. Yes all at once, yes everytime… until gone. Won’t take long. And… more water to dilute urine strength. If continuing to get rashes, consider allergies or food sensitivities.

Desitin, the purple one. Lather it on. No wipies after diaper change, rinse his butt off and pat to dry slightly. Slather Desitin back on.

Ive always used A&D and corn starch.

Resinol you order from the phramacy. It works very good. Also change baby wipes to waterwipes. They are all water. All other ones have alcohol in them.

It could be a yeast infection and not diaper rash so you would need anti fungal cream. Max strength desitin helps on top of that. Please, please do NOT put baby powder any where near diaper area.

Coat his bottom like you do chicken. First powder then desitin then powder again. It helps to hold the desitin in place so that it doesn’t rub straight off onto his nappy. Nappy free time as much as possible to help dry his skin out before doing so. As for wiping I would just put him straight in the bath to rinse off and then soak for a bit once you’ve got the :poop: off him then do as above.

My girl went through this at one point after she had covid and A&D was not cutting it. I called her doc and they sent in a script for Nystatin and it cleared it all in less then 3 days ! Good luck

When in doubt, call your pediatrician

2 Likes

Aloe Vera or CBD cream

I used to use Canestan. It’s a fungas cream but works amazing

Go to the doctor in case it’s yeast

For crap sake Use Monistat seven it should clear up within a few days, If that doesn’t work go to a doctor. I understand that this is a mom’s group but if you ask 100 people you’re going to get close to 100 different answers and we don’t play games with our children’s health if the diaper rash is affecting him to the point where he cries then it’s time to go to a professional.

3 Likes

Any way you can take him outside and lay in the sun. No oils. Sun will dry it up

Try diaper rash cream. Butt paste works really well, and very quickly

Stop using all that vaseline its just adding more moisture & making it worse…Desitin ointment is more creamer & rubs in on the sore rash easier…use it after baths & EVERY Diaper change…

2 Likes

Pure cornstarch! Also the aveeno baby eczema oatmeal bath worked wonders. Your pediatrician can call in nystatin cream (I prefer the cream over the ointment) works in no time.

1 Like

I always took my daughter to the doctor when something was wrong.

3 Likes

If you are leaving him diaper free I wouldn’t put nothing on it.

Weleda Caledula cream. Put it on at night before bed

the rash can be a fungus infection which is really hard to get rid of. Sometimes even the Doctor perscriptions dont work. When desparate I would use goats milk yogart or any plain yogart the has the good bacteria to fight the bad bacteria

2 Likes

Probably a yeast infection

Nystatin is a life saver

Boogie bottoms diaper rash spray

I would use Castile soap to wash him, then scorch cornstarch in a skillet and put that on his diaper rash. If you can let him go diaperless for a little while, that would be good. The scorched cornstarch works pretty well. I would use Desitin at night.

Needs to be dry my son used to get bad rashes I wiped with warm washcloth and used corn starch it did wonders.

4 Likes

Try a warm oatmeal bath. Literally put plain oatmeal in the bath. It will instantly stop the burn and begin the healing process. My daughter had a horrible rash and her Dr told us to do this. It worked. After the bath we used Desitin.

If he’s had it more than a couple days he might need a prescription rash cream

Dont use vaseline it locks in unwanted moisture. Use Boudreauxs Butt Paste!!

No Vasaline it won’t heal it will keep the heat in put corn starch on it our great-grandson had leukemia and had it bad that is the best

1 Like

You only need to use a thin layer love =) using to much can actually make it a while lot worse :heart: good luck stay strong

I always kept my baby saturated with baby oil. Each diaper change, more oil. Never saw a rash.

Vaseline is not good for that. Baby needs monistat could be yeast

Alternate cornstarch and Vaseline, but cut out the a&d for awhile

Rosehip oil and Lavender. When everything else has failed!

Baking powder in the tub and let him soak in it

take desitin and moisture barrier cream…1 tube each. mix together, it makes butt paste. A nurse told me.

Baking soda baths no soap an use Caldesene powder…leave his diaper off.

In the old days we use to use corn starch

1 Like

Soap and water to clean when diaper change and then pat dry nd air dry the use desitin ointment… if rash continues see doctor can be a rash that needs an anti fungal cream.

1 Like

Creams and ointments always made my kids’ rashes worse. We used cornstarch baby powder and that’s what finally worked.

1 Like

it is yeast give yogurt

Diaper free will help. Ypu may have to take him to the doc to get better rash cream. I’d try cloth diapers for a while as they don’t cause rashes. Cut out any acidic fruits, juice and food.

I was told by a Dr if a diaper rash doesn’t go away it’s most likely a yeast infection, put a layer of lotrimin ad and then diaper rash cream, should see it clear up fast

Don’t put Vaseline it makes it worse :flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed:

Pinxav, works like magic!!

1 Like

Don’t use wipes! They make it worse and burn
Get some paper towels wet them and put in ziplock bag. Or use a wash cloth
Also diapers u can become allergic to something u were not so keep that in mind. Corn starch. May need some nystatin cream rx
Make sure u are drying him after u wipe him . Go to the dr.

I rinse in warm water and wipe with my hands for poop changes and no rags. Pat or air dry. And calmoseptine cream from Amazon. Worked wonders for my son.

Try using something other than baby wipes, sometimes they make diaper rash burn.

letting him be bare naked can help too, not ideal but the air really helps

1 Like

Corn starch…keep as dry as possible…use to let the kids and gbabies just crawled around open air…

2 Likes

Take him to the doctor and get a prescription. Flanders ointment is also good. Milk of magnesia works well also. Each child is different and different things work for each. But seriously, take him to the doctor. You definitely don’t want it to get infected.

Bath him to clean him up instead of wiping it coz that’ll hurt. If he poops a mass amount of times a day, I’d run a sink everytime instead :rofl: then use cornflour, I found that works so much better than any of the creams for my 4 little ones.

It might be yeast. You need an anti fungal cream. Put some monistat on him or see the pediatrician for some Rx nystatin cream

1 Like

Completely air dry him and then put corn starch on him…nothing else

1 Like

Give the baby a bath and let the baby air dry when baby falls asleep that is when u put som zinc diaper cream and a pamper

Air dry after bath for as long as possible and frequently as possible. Then apply triple paste when putting diapers on.