How to clean a diaper rash?

Bath with corn starch works everytime

I always used cornstarch.

1 Like

It’s a yeast thing. It is burning when he poops. Try vagisil or get a cream from the doctor. Usually one use will clear it up.

Try adding baking soda to the bath water and water used to wash him off at diaper changes. Then put the Desitin on. Just something about the soda water that helps the cream to work better. .

Metanium nappy rash cream it’s yellow tube ( aveeno oat bath wash in a lukewarm bath twice a day ) then caldese powder on top of the cream will stop the sting from the urine. Or after 3 days of above advice it doesn’t improve then its probably fungal and 2% canesten fungal cream will help

Use VERY LITTLE diaper rash cream. You should barely be able to see the paste on their bottom. Instead of trying to scrub it off with a washcloth and soap, use shaving cream. I’m in health care and they taught us to use very little diaper rash cream on our patients and shaving cream takes it right off without having to scrub. Leaving him without a diaper will help some too. Changing them as soon as possible when they go will help clear it up. You may need to wake up a few times in the night just to change him. If you call the drs office, they can give you a prescription for stronger cream. The trick is to put it on super thin because when there’s a thick layer, it balls up and irritates the skin more

Nystatin from Dr or just go get some yeast infection cream from cvs ect. It’s most likely yeast. Any pharmacist will suggest it. Mom of 3, 2 grandkids and a nurse.

Use corn starch as butt powder

Barbesol shaving cream. Foam will do

Mix monistat and Vaseline into a paste! You will tell a difference first diaper change

Beaudreaux Butt Paste

Egg white use a cotton ball to make a thin layer leave diaper off until it dries it seals heals and protects

Take him to the dr. You may need a prescription. Also, it may be an allergen in his poop.

AQUAPHOR!! It’s literally the only thing that actually works and heals it… also use water wipes they do not have alcohol in them so they don’t not burn!

1 Like

Have your pediatrician look at it. May need nystatin for yeast, and an antibiotic ointment.

2 Likes

Mexania powder is a medicated power

Sudoku cream is amazing !! Dont use scented wipes they are the worst and maybe some nappy free time if u can that will halo too

To much juice with acid can break a butt out… like orange juice…cut back on juices if drinks a lot… give more water

I’ve seen my sister and other moms get a cream that’s a prescription from a doctor. it has a steroid in it so you have to use it sparingly, not everyday.

A&D but add !!:raised_hands:t2::ok_hand:t2:Corn starch !! This with a bath and add lots of baking soda it will heal up real quick if baby doesn’t sit in wet diaper avoid high acidic foods, spicy food, and citrus for a few days very important water apple juice ect down

Use some corn starch and leave diaper off for a while

Monistat… diaper rash is a yeast infection

Corn starch works wonders…

1 Like

Make sure it’s dry before applying ointment, corn starch works great as well

1 Like

Vaseline EVERY change

Corn starch or Gold Bond Power. Never use Vaseline

Cornstarch in the kitchen cabinet

2 Likes

Desitan extra strength diaper rash cream

You need to take him to the Dr to make sure it’s not a yeast infection.

1 Like

Sudocrem…it does miracles

Poor little guy I’m so sorry this happened,and the best advice as a momma and a nurse I recommend cleaning with water and baby soap to clean him but try not to wipe as much.and using cornstarch is the BEST thing in this world for diaper rash.

2 Likes

Wash his bottom with soap and water when he poops. Pat his butt to get the majority of the water off. Lay him on the floor, and then use a hair dryer, set on cool to air dry it. Let him run around naked for awhile if possible. Put aquaphore on the rash before you put a diaper back on.

When creams don’t work we switch to aloe lotion so it can breathe more while still getting moisturized. I’ve also had good luck with cortisone cream on diaper rash for relief while moisturizing.

Pure Argo Corn Starch

2 Likes

Some things will burn him if it’s bad. It could be a yeast infection… if its been going on for a bit and not clearing up, I would take him to Dr. Bag balm… if you can let him go a bit without diaper on

1 Like

Destin the purple brand works great for rashes i use it on mine too

1 Like

Bag Balm!!! Best thing ever for diaper rash

You might want to check with your doctor. He may have an infection in the sores, making it harder to clear up.

1 Like

Corn starch!! You will see improvement with each diaper change. You may need to take him to the doctor to make sure he isn’t allergic to the diapers you are using too.

1 Like

Do not be frequently. The goal is to prevent further moisture and east infection. Skip the ointments. A lot of time they also trap moisture and don’t do anything. Try some corn starch and boogie bottoms spray from Walmart/Amazon. Liquid gold. We battled horrible ones weekly when she was younger until we found the spray recommended by nicu nurse

1 Like

Dr. Smith’s ointment is the best!!!

Stop wiping. Until this is resolved get rid of the wipes. Rinse his booty every diaper change, and if Vaseline isn’t fixing it, then it might be yeast. Call his pediatrician and have them check that so they can prescribe him something that will work.

1 Like

Free range it! Maybe get some pins and cloth and make a cloth diaper.

The doctor will prescribe a script, cleared my daughters up in two days after I had tried everything.

Try Desitan, it has cod liver oil in it but it works great

2 Likes

Psudocrem is the only thing I can use on my little man

Triple paste every diaper change and don’t bathe him so frequently it can make it raw.

Monistat find it in the woman’s dept. at the drug store. Pediatric Dr. Told me this years ago. Works like a charm

3 Likes

Or start potty training then no need to worry about rashes

I take off all bottoms and put on a long t-shirt and let him learn this is the result of dirty pants and explain that it’s better to go in the potty. I always get a step stool for easy access and i teach over a 3 day weekend and they are usually potty trained by 2 years.

Corn starch is the best

4 Likes

Try to rinse him off instead of wiping until the diaper rash heals

1 Like

A corn starch bath will work miracles

3 Likes

He might have a yeast infection. Try mixing zinc cream, one tube of monastat, and five caps of maalox.

1 Like

Pediatrician.Please.

Use regular strength lotrimin. If it’s a yeast rash it will start clearing up in 24hrs. I use it every diaper change for 24hrs and every other after that til it’s clear alternating with aquaphor. Usually gone by day 2.5-3.

If the rash is red and has any raised borders buy Clotrimazol or Miconazole because it might be yeast by now. If it doesn’t clear up in 3 days you must see a pediatrician so he can send prescription strength. Leave him without a diaper so his buttocks can air dry.

Butt Paste will clear it up almost over night.

Personally I put A&D first. Destin on top of that. And repeat every diaper change. Usually gone by morning.

Cornstarch in place of baby powder and corn starch luke warm baths. Pat dry. Apply diaper ointment. Shske on cornstarch change diaper often.

Nappy off and in the sun

No Vaseline it’s hold the heat & moisture in problem makes it hurt more use regular butt paste let it air out

Take bub to the drs might need an antifungal cream.
Daktozin cream.
Anything zinc based is good .
Sudo cream is the best if you don’t need an antifungal.
Only use wet face washes without soap or fragrance.
Corn starch on top of the zinc cream to stop it absorbing in the diaper.
Qv bath oil or pinetarsol bath oil.
Get it at a pharmacy or go see a chemist and ask advise.

Go buy a 7 day yeast infection cream (suppositories) and use a pea sized amount during changes. It will clear up in a day (usually max) it is not going to hurt your baby any more than it would hurt you. It is probably a yeast infection, also. XXXOOO

Corn starch baths, air it out, zinc cream, and pinxav! No baby wipes use a cool wash rag or rinse. My baby always got it anytime he was on an antibiotic.

1 Like

I bet he’s cutting teeth

I Get Paid 0ver $ 110 per hour w0rking from h0me. I never thought l’d be able to d0 it but my colleague makes over $ 13049 a m0nth doing this and she convinced me t0 try. The p0ssibility with this is limitless.

SEE MORE HERE…>> https://LifeStyle86.pages.dev

See a pediatrician…stop the suffering

2 Likes

If it’s bright red or raw at all see dr could be fungal.
After u change him lay some towels over a water proof pad to give him some time without diaper on. Also make sure size is correct. If it’s too small can cause extra moisture and rash grows faster. Too large rubs so maybe try switching size or diff brand? Sadly remember these days too well

I work at a daycare aquaphor works best and Nystatin from the doc

1 Like

Burnt flour. Sprinkle some on affected area. Used on my kids rashes and normally gone with 48 hours

Talk to his physician

I have 4 kids. My oldest is almost 10 & my youngest is gonna be 2 in 2 months. I tried different things with my 1st 1 & the only thing that ever worked well & fast was butt paste. I’ve used it every since & it’s definitely worked like magic for all my babies

Bag balm, get it at the feed store

Triple paste you can get it at Walmart

Works wonders … apply quit thickly. I worked in childcare and this cream is a must

Sudo crreeeeeaaammm! Clears it up more each application

Cornstarch paste works well also

Sounds gross but I used warm water to clean and used a cloth diaper for 2/3 days… gone

1 Like

I tried everything with my boys and nothing worked but this one. Within hours it was noticeably better.

1 Like

Could very well be a yeast infection, id refrain from the Vaseline that tends to burn. Leave his diaper off after a nice oatmeal bath

4 Likes

Powder with cornstarch

1 Like

Zinc oxide is better

2 Likes

Calmoseptine , any barrier cream

2 yr old let him run free without a diaper and use corn starch. Good time to start potty training.

1 Like

Corn starch will dry up the rash. Keep applying it.

1 Like

If nothing works, you can use athlete’s foot cream and mix it with the A&D. It sounds crazy but one of my pediatricians from years ago told me that and it had always worked if my kids had gotten real bad diaper rash.

2 Likes

Take regular flour out of your pantry and put it in a pan on medium heat. Brown flour. Let cool. Then put a spoonful in the diaper. Will be clear by morning.

1 Like

My children when teething get the same horrible nappy rash and like you I feel so bad but it’s not our fault .that’s with regular nappy changes and all.what helps mine is corn flour every change and once cleared where the sting is no more I use alot of Sudocream every change.but corn flour does wonders

If it’s in between he’s leg and raw ice helps. Alot

We just went to the doctor yesterday for this ; she suggested mylanta (dab it on a towel and put it on the area) and also vaseline and to keep her out of her diaper if we’re home

1 Like

Put him in an oatmeal bath works wonders… oatmeal in a knee high hose tie a knot and run warm bath water over it then just leave in the water

Destin maximum strength and corn starch …also give the baby a corn starch bath let his bum soak in it

Browned flour, air time, Boudreaux‘s Butt paste 

Could be a yeast infection. My oldest got them. We used athletes foot ointment and it cleared them up within 2 days.
Soaked in warm bath, had nakie time, then used the ointment if he had diapers on.

1st Use a baby washcloth (or super soft) washcloth to clean him, use with warm water after poo or pee instead of wipes.
2nd have him take a baking soda bath with warm water to dissolve the baking soda.
3rd then have him diaper less for a while and then apply buttpaste 1st and then put some Vaseline over top it and diaper. This worked wonders.

Try Bag Balm on it. If you know someone that has been to Hawaii if they got some Kukul Oil

Calmoseptine ointment menthol0.44% zinc oxide 20.6%

Lotrimin AF make sure it’s the AF one (usually sold for jock itch or athletes foot) pediatrician recommended it for my little one. A thin covering is all you need!

let the baby air dry, it helps

1 Like