How to feel better about my body?

Is it okay to feel bad about how my body looks? I've been married for 9 years I have two children aged 8 and 6 and I've been crying for two years because of the way my body looks.after my two babies nothing is the same I have never felt like this. I don't know how normal this is but inside I feel like I lost myself I don't know who I am and what I want. my head keeps saying you look disgusting.
31 Likes

I feel like this totally normal, unfortunately. You’re body will never go back to how it was before kids… but just remember your body is amazing. You were your kids first home, & what woman’s bodies can handle is amazing. I know it’s easier said then done, but you’re beautiful. What is it that you don’t like? Needing to lose weight? Extra skin? Focus on your diet, don’t hold back on foods you like but eat smaller portions of it. Lots of water. Take your vitamins. Look up at home workouts on YouTube. Extra skin can be very hard to deal with…maybe save up money for a surgery? There’s also (I forgot what it’s called so I’m going to say lingerie) that can help hold everything in. Do things for self care - get your nails done, hair done, buy a cute matching bra and underwear set, get a massage, do your make up everyday. It really can be small things that make you feel better about yourself. xx

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How to feel better about my body? - Mamas Uncut

I am 56 now. When I look back and see how dumpy I thought I looked when my kids were that age, I am astonished. Compared to now, I was thin! Maybe I wasn’t the weight I thought I should be, but I wish now I only weighed that much.

2 Likes

I’ve felt the same way since having my 4th baby… I started drinking a gallon of water a day, cut out all sweets and heavy carbs, and just eat healthier as well as walking or jogging on my treadmill an hour a day and honestly it’s done wonders for my mental health. I think it’s normal to go through this. Hang in there mama!

1 Like

Same.lately its been bothering me so bad i dont wanna leave the house an im a person who hates being home.

2 Likes

I suggest you start doing something to boost your confidence. Doesn’t have to be going to the gym or anything of that sort unless that’s what you choose to do. It can simply be going to do things that make you happy, doing self care, go out and buy a bunch of clothes that make you feel great!

1 Like

Maybe talk to someone. Feeling low in self-confidence isnt super out of the ordinary, but feeling like you lost yourself seems more like depression. And remember, us mommas are hotttt too!!

1 Like

Crying about it won’t help you. Eat healthier, go for walks and see the doctor. You don’t have to be perfectly skinny to be healthy. The healthier you are the better you’ll feel. Even sitting in the sun might be beneficial to you if you can.

6 Likes

Oh please don’t feel that way !!! No matter what you are beautiful you created life first of that’s a miracle!! Second look around no one and I mean no one is perfect you can see true beauty really is with in !! Even people you think are just beautiful struggles themselves with self love and acceptance :disappointed: god is everything pray to him and love yourself !! I promise your life will be changed forever you will lose that feeling of being lonely and lost you will feel whole !! Ask god for help and you will receive !!

1 Like

Go for therapy. This is interfering with your life. Learn to love yourself. Save for plastic surgery if you must.

No one looks the same after pushing out a whole human. That’s why there are “Juniors” and “Misses” clothes. You are more womanly now.

1 Like

You know every woman you see in magazines, etal has probably had a lot of plastic surgery and even then they airbrush the heck out of them. Shocking Female Model Body Photoshop Airbrush Transformation Video - YouTube

Talk to a therapist. And talk to yourself better! Maybe even start an exercise routine, and take progress pictures.

2 Likes

Few things here and I know I’m going to sound callous but I swear it’s all from a place of love. First and foremost. Your worth and value and happiness are NOT determined by your weight. You know that. But your mind is sick right now and you have 2 options you need to address. First. Seek therapy if you can to address the mental issues your facing and find out why your basing who you are on how you look. That is normal for a lot of people but I assure you it is not normal. There is something underlying causing that. The second thing is, you’re the only one in control of how you look. And with that there are 2 things you can do. Obviously you can workout. If you want to change your body, change it. It really is that simple and any rebuttal is an excuse. Either you have to accept your changing body or you have to take steps to alter it. Second, and easier, buy clothes that fit your new body and style. What you wear can make a HUGE difference in how you feel. Honor your body. It creates life and it has carried it through all of yours. I recommend doing 10 minutes of yoga. Do it every day. For your mind and your body. You can spare 10 minutes for yourself. And you need to to get your head straight.

This is the hardest thing to type but I feel it has to be said… If you don’t know who you are because of how you look right now you don’t know who you are at all. Your body is a vessel for your soul. You need to discover yourself. And you have to take steps outside of weight to do that.

7 Likes

You can look n cry nbeat yourself up but the changes need to be made. Start slowly cut out pops sugars , go for walks , cut carbs , find YouTube or online workout apps. Try intermittently fasting and I drink a gallon of water a day to help flush out. I get it I get it I didn’t take 1 pic of my daughter and I on our Easter vacation because of what your describing.

Mindset , diet , n fitness

Look into E2M Personal Training momma. It’s a game changer. You can do it at home which is my fav thing everything is online on Facebook , 5 coaches , workouts and modifications for all levels and structure. Meal sheets like you pick from categories so you can get creative and it has been a life saver for me I started it in May 50 lbs down a lot more confidence abs getting back to me I have only one kiddo and she’s 2 year old But I felt the same. I got her mini weights and she goes on my shoulders abs we do Zumba when she sees me doing push-ups now she comes and lays under for kisses lol :joy:.

Been a total game changer.

1 Like

Do something about it. When I felt this way I got a gym membership and started focusing on myself.

4 Likes

I’ve been here! Babies definitely take a toll on our bodies! Working out for me a few times a week really helps me stay motivated and feel good! It’s always amazing to get some alone time and just release stress! It is hard to start but once a few weeks go by you will feel better mentally and physically and it will become addicting!

3 Likes

Always remember that you are beautiful :heart:. Please don’t feel that way! I went through the same thing and now I look back and say “I looked great”! Hold your head up high and smile. I wish you all the best.

2 Likes

I just had my 3rd baby and I’m bigger than I’ve ever have been. I spiraled into depression, and decided to make a change. Not the biggest change ever, but I cut my meal portions in half and only drink water. Only been at it 3 weeks now, but it’s a start. Anything’s possible if you put your mind to it. I also had to be put on depression pills to help me feel better about everything. It’s a process, but asking for help is the best thing we can do for ourselves. I hope you feel better soon.

3 Likes

I bet you look great! Our brains just lie to us. Have you considered therapy to help you move through this issue? Are you healthy? That’s what really matters!

1 Like

I saw this video of a girl who would tell herself wonderful things it started off sarcastic and silly and she would laugh it off as if it was all a joke… but she set time aside to make sure to tell herself in the mirror anything positive about herself slowly her confidence grew and she started saying really genuine things she loved about herself. It’s hard and silly but even if you say I like your smile, or I like how determined you are you build yourself up daily. I have been doing this it really helps I even got my teenage daughter doing it and it already boosted her confidence alot! stay strong!!!

1 Like

Sounds like you may have depression. Losing self esteem after having kids is normal. But expecting your body to feel like it did before kids is kind of unrealistic. Crying about it isnt going to help, I mean it did nothing for the past two years.

Time to buckle up and get to where u r comfortable in ur own skin

Stop wasting Your life by crying about what your Scale Shows… Enjoy Your Children and stop Complaining, Many People would change places with You.

1 Like

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How to feel better about my body? - Mamas Uncut

I know the feelin…I dont even want go outside or be around family and friends…somebody always askin is u pregnant :pensive::pensive::pleading_face::pleading_face:

1 Like

Firstly It’s quite common! So stop worrying that there is something wrong with you. Then Stop thinking about how your body looks and start thanking it for what it can do. Drink water and eat healthier. What we put into our bodies matters, that includes what we watch on tv, who we talk to and how we think! Learn how to dress your new shape in a way that makes you feel good, take up an old hobby, have some me time (without being mum) and practise saying out loud 3 positive things about yourself every time you have a negative thought. Sending hugs x

3 Likes

You’re the only one that can change you🥰 although it is very normal to hate how you look after having kids. Your body changes so much after having babies! Give your body some credit and some slack for creating and growing 2 kids! Loving yourself is hard but again only you can change you. If you don’t like it, change it.

3 Likes

Just keep your head up and try to take It slow… your body is amazing cuz It made two little humans and that’s pretty damn impressive and I would just do things that make you happy and just enjoy life… our bodies go thru crazy changes to birth a child and it’s not gonna be perfect so just love it!!

You are beautiful…dont let anyone take away your power…smile momma

Please read or listen to the book “More Than a Body: Your Body is an Instrument, Not an ornament” and follow Beauty_Redefined on Instagram. Life changer!

When you change into a momma your physical appearance changes also. EVERY WOMAN experiences this. Allow time and your will power to change it again.

You aren’t alone been married almost 6 years two kids ages 8 and 5! After my second I didn’t bounce back to my before body. It’s been getting me down and guess what my husband and I’m sure yours still thinks you are sexy. Trust me it’s hard but I’m trying to be confident around him. I have lost 55lbs but it’s only half way there. Baby steps is all it take you got this

If you feel like you are disgusting looking then do something about it. Start slow portion control meals, drink water, go on walks with your kids. I thought I was disgusting. I had my 3rd child in 2017. I got the drive in November 2018 to do something about it. I took all 3 kids on walks around the neighborhood. I’m back down to the Size I was before my 10 year old son was born. Been maintaining. I went from a size 18 to now a size 8/10 size medium shirts and dresses. My kids are 13, 10, and 4 years old. If you don’t want to do something about it then get your head out of the gutter and own your size and let any haters hate. Don’t worry, be happy.

6 Likes

Go to the gym… that’s what I did… I look better. Feel better…

TESTMONY!! TESTMONY!!!. I decided to join facebook to share you guys.My Husband dumped me six Month ago after I accused him of seeing someone else. I wanted him back in my life but he refused to have any contact with me. I was so confused and don’t know what to do, so I reached to the internet for help and i saw a testimony of how Dr bathsheba helped a lady got her husband back, so i contacted her and explain my problem to her and she assured me that my husband will return to me after 24hours ,to my greatest surprise my husband came knocking on my door and when i opened the door he immediately went down on his kneel and Asked me to accept him back. I am so happy that my love is back again and not only that, we are leaving happily more than the way we used to leave before . Once again thank you Dr bathsheba ,You are truly talented and gifted.Contact Email: priestbathshebahelp@gmail. Com
WhatsApp phone number +447823705502

Seek therapy. It is normal to feel anxiety about your body changing, however you sound like it is really affecting your lifestyle and you are depressed. Remember it is ok to ask for help when we need it

I felt the same way after having my 4th child. Took me a good year to not give a shit anymore

Well, you gotta do something about it dude. You can sit there and be miserable, or you can do something about being miserable. I’m not gonna tell you to sit there and look at yourself in the mirror and cry, that’s no way to live. Start going to the gym, work out at home, eat better food, start doing squats. I hate my body, I’m too skinny, I’ve been trying to eat more and I’m starting to work out again. You arent going to get anywhere if you don’t try.

Do a boudoir shoot and learn to love you again

I did one at 200lbs and you know what, you’d never know! These photographers do SUCH an amazing job at helping you to love yourself again!!! It has changed my life

1 Like

Do you exercise? It has made a world of difference in my life.

We are all beautiful in our own ways. If we were all the same life would be boring.
I think anybody can feel that way people who may be thinner & cannot put on weight or even people who might be a bit heavier & want to lose weight.
Out of the body changes from your children remind yourself self love & that every stretch mark the extra weight everything makes you that more beautiful for the gift you created.
We tend to be so hard on ourselves but if your mind tells you one bad thing then you need to think of two good things! Don’t let the negative out weigh the positive. Kick those thoughts to the curb & work hard towards self love.
Its a long work in progress to work of baby weight. Diet & exercise & determination. You got this! Much love :heartpulse:

It is normal, to feel all sorts of things about your body! From the things said it seems like it’s more than that though, especially with addition of feeling like you are losing yourself. We are taught to be everything for everyone else and get lost in the process, the media hurts us with images of people bouncing back quickly from kiddos and having it all in life. It is hard to manage those expectations! You have done something great and your body is different now, if you want to make changes to feel better and in control then start in ways that make you happy. Just don’t focus on negativity from yourself or others, not saying they are, people tend to say crappy things from my own experiences. You got this!

Work out. Eat better. Do your nails. Get a new outfit/shoes. New hair style.
You cannot expect to see a change without making one first. Do something that makes you FEEL better and you will look better in your minds eye.