How to get baby to sleep through the night?

Cps will consider locking him in at night as child abuse. I know someone who would do that at night because his kids got into everything he lost his kids. It is a safety concern having it lock from the outside

2 Likes

I think he’d get over a baby gate if he’s this adventurous…
What about those doors that are in half?
A door on top, & one on bottom?
Then you could leave the bottom closed & the top open.

2 Likes

Pamela Susan Tasker well, you’re not rude at all. How many 2 year olds do you know that don’t try to climb over a gate?

I locked our daughter in her room after she got out and into dangerous stuff. The only reason I feel safe with it was bc her room was right across the hall from hers. I knew I could get there immediately if there was an emergency.

Lock him in my granddaughter is 3 lives with us and has done that we lock her in!!!

2 Likes

Baby monitor? Then you’ll hear him getting up and will be able to go in and find out what’s going on… Another thing - is he sleep-walking?

3 Likes

DON’T lock him in his room, I beg you! Our pediatrician told us to do that with our son. He is 50 years old now and still has nightmares occasionally from it and I still have guilt over it! Try everything else first. I will pray for you. Something will work and remember, you’re doing the best you can. I’m sure you’re a wonderful mom. Believe in yourself!

Sounds like a climber get locks on all cabinets and fridge.l

1 Like

I’d set up a camera and record baby doing this for a week … compile everything and bring it into cfs and ask them … in order to prevent this what would be legal in your case to keep himself safe and others …

4 Likes

I have he same problem with my daughter, she’s learned how to unlocked the deadbolt and is y’all enough now at newly 3 to open al the doors including the front so we have a safety lock on the inside of her doorknob so we don’t have to lock her room but she can’t opened it. She knows how to open every baby gate we’ve ever gotten so they never worked for us and even if she learned how to open this lock her hands are too small to maneuver it. Her room is open at all times except when she’s sleeping and we have video baby monitors so we know she’s safe and ok. My biggest fear is that she will get out of the house in the middle of the night and I not realize it so I’d much rather be viewed as a “bad mom” and have her safe and sound :blush:good luck!

7 Likes

I would be really scared of him getting out of the house in the middle of the night. I would lock him in. If you have a monitor I think that’s totally fine.

4 Likes

Get a motion monitor for the door that’ll go off if he leaves his room

4 Likes

Baby gate! My oldest did this. I put a baby gate on her door, so I could see hear her. Until she started climbing over it, then I turned the locks around

No do not lock him in his bedroom . It’s wrong gate a baby gate .

1 Like

No Plez dont lock him in!! Speak with his dr and find out why hes wandering at night. Maybe hes having nightmares, needs to use bathroom…too much drink b4 bed, maybe watching electronics or tv b4 bed, Put a night light in his room, or a moving light on ceiling he can watch, hide the sweets b4 bedtime, play soothing music in his room or within hearing range. Wear him out b4 bed time. Dancing, somersaults, jumping Jack’s, 30 min. To 1 hr b4. Good luck!

1 Like

That’s would be a huge issue of there’s an emergency! Its a safety risk. Tell dad to suck it up and stick kiddos bed in your room

No its not OK to put a lock on his door! I get where your coming from its scary when they do this,we put a bell on my kids door do we would wake up when the door opened I m sure they have much better systems you could utilise these days

1 Like

Build a solid gate taller than you child. He will not be able to climb it.

You should put a lock on it to keep him safe.or needs to go in your room and lock it.

Do NOT lock your child in to his room. That is extremely dangerous in cases of emergency. No bedroom door should ever have a lock on it.
Even ignoring emergencies - what if he has a nightmare and needs you? What if he needs to get up to pee? You can clean up cereal and bread messes. Other than wasted food, it’s not really that big of a deal. My daughter used to get up in the morning and let the dog in to jump all over us. She has put toys in the toilet. She once let herself in to the front yard. Solutions - we told her off for the toys in the toilet and she’s not done it since. We hide the back door key so she can’t open the back door anymore, and we dead locked the front door for a little while, whilst also stressing how dangerous it is to go outside on her own. She quickly grew out of it and hasn’t done silly things since. They’re kids, not idiots.

1 Like

Never lock a child in room what if there a fire or chid is hurt us door alarm window alarms cabnit alarms ect…

1 Like

Alison Ferreira That’s a GREAT IDEA

Brianna. Yes someone suggested a monitor that hangs on the door knob.If the door is opened it will sound an alarm.BEST IDEA YET.

Get a door alarm! Do NOT lock your child in.

Get your shit together. Jesus christ.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How to get baby to sleep through the night? - Mamas Uncut

Maybe try to see if anything in his view looks scary or maybe he heard something that scared him, my daughter was the same for a month, I would make her laugh or even try to look funny by putting her in the crib and making funny ninja sounds and moves making it seem like im fighting monsters, it works best with balloons and ur fighting off the balloons lol hope anything works

Maybe try a nice warm bath with the Johnson’s night time wash.

2 Likes

Maybe put something in the crib that smells like u

Try putting him in a pack n play in your room that way he isn’t sleeping in your bed but is able to still see you

You’re going to have to put him back in his own bed. Yes he’s going to throw one hell of a fit for the first week. Or until he readjusts himself to his bed again.

13 Likes

If you have a washer and dryer put him in his car seat sitting on top of the dryer and turn it on the warmth and the motion will make him think he’s going for a car ride as young as he is he can sleep in his car seat next to you for a few nights then put the car seat back into his room and see if he can sleep there for a few nights before moving him back into his own bed good luck hope it works

maybe put his bed next to yours… maybe wait past when he wakes to checks the first time… like sit and get lost on a book … maybe just him waking once and seeing you might help while he adjusts

Or just enjoy sleeping with your baby. They’re really only a baby one time and you’re going to miss it once they get big. I understand it’s hard but that’s your baby. Your smell your heartbeat your everything is all they know. But this is just my opinion. You do what’s best for you.

25 Likes

Melatonin, but ask your doctor first so you know the right amount to give him and you can’t give it to him every night. O’ and Johnson &Johnson have a bed time bath

Is he drinking from a bottle? (Some moms still breastfeed at that ago, no judgement either way) if he’s using a bottle try putting a little bit of baby rice in his bottle before he goes to bed. It always worked for my cousins kids and I watched them all the time. I lived with them for a while so I’d get up with them at night to give the parents a break. Also try rubbing his back while he’s laying down it worked with my cousins youngest best. You could also try a baby blanket or something that smells like you (not saying to spray perfume or anything on it, don’t wanna cause breathing problems) like carry something of his close to you for a while till it starts to smell like you and put it in his crib with him at night.

Enjoy the cuddling it will stop and u will wish u still had it.

My daughter was like that. What worked best was putting her in her car seat, which is snug, and wrapped her up in a blanket. She still woke up every 2-3 hours to eat, but she would go back to sleep. Sometimes I would put the car seat between my husband and me. Otger times if she seemed to be having a tough time, I would just hold her, and sleep sitting up. I had a boppy, and I would use that, and put pillows on each side of me. She was colicky. What helped also was getting her a massage, and going to chiropractor and het adjustment for her and myself. Victoria Savi Deocharran had great suggestions also.

Weighted blanket or the weighted sleep sack looking thing

1 Like

Pull d crib close to ur bed n lower d side rail so dat he can see n touch u if ever he wakes up in d middle of his sleep

1 Like

Once the baby gets used to your bed they won’t wanna go back to theirs. Speaking from experience id let the baby cry a few nights or maybe get a special stuffed toy or blanket for them to feel safe. Good luck mine was in my bed for years but only one of my three and it takes away couple time too

Just put pillow beside him

When you figure it out let me know I have 6 kids and none of them sleep the whole night unless I’m having a lucky night. I haven’t slept a whole night in 16 years :upside_down_face:

A teddy bear. My daughters the same way we coslept a lot and then going through a custody battle we can’t sleep together so I started giving her a stuffie. She’s 2 but I also did it with my son when he was about 5-6 months

When I transitioned my baby girl to her crib, I had to lay on the floor beside her with my hand thru the slats. After she fell asleep, I snuck out. Each night the process was easier and shorter. Good luck!

Unpopular opinion, give him Tylenol for his teeth and let him cry with in reason

10 Likes

put lavender oil behind his ears n o the bottom of his feet

Sleep training with a timer is a must

I always made sure my babies ate well on their evening meal then showered them everynight and put them to bed with a warm bottle of milk. They never woke up at night after eight months old

1 Like

Maybe he just wants to smell his mom put one of your clean shirts with himwhen going to sleep

3 Likes

My daughter went through the same thing and I just went in ONCE to check on her , made sure she wasn’t hungry or needed a diaper change, then I let her cry until she went back to sleep … took about 25 mins. She got herself back to sleep and sleeps great now!

Climb into the crib with him if possible. He will get use to it again.

2 Likes

Put a shirt of yours in his crib so he can get your smell it might soothe him.

2 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How to get baby to sleep through the night? - Mamas Uncut

Sounds like you need to re-sleep train him.

3 Likes

Tracy Gabrielle Lopez Pajes mas gsto ko sa tupad ko akon bata tulog. Ako ya d katulog kng d ko.sa tupad

2 Likes

He may also be going through sleep regression typical at this age xx

Sounds like he got used to a comfortable bed then u put him on the crib mattress

Try white noise, soft music, soft lighting.Sometimes babies have to learn to self soothe.As long as the baby is safe in their bed I wouldn’t worry too much.

1 Like

Put one of your shirts in the crib with the baby

3 Likes

I did a lil tylenol for teething, sleep training, and a very soft night light. Sleep training is rough the first week and boom they are sleeping! My lil one is now three and wakes probably once a week, we go in sit with him, a lil tylenol for his molars sometimes. He usually goes right back to sleep

Use a hot water bottle to warm up the soot where he will sleep, remove it, place him on the warm spot. Make a glove weight: a small amount of rice in a garden glove sewn shut. Place the glove weight on his back. When he is asleep, take it off & out of the crib. Perhaps a soft doll to lay beside him?

1 Like

Hey mama, sleep consultant here:) it sounds like you have to go back to putting him down awake. I know it’s tough, especially after illness :heartpulse:

1 Like

It is normal for most babies to sleep through the night at the 2-month mark, and they slowly lose their ability to sleep through the night after that many children won’t even sleep through the night until a year old don’t try to force it and just try to buckle down for the nights ahead! I learned the hard way with mine that he would sleep when he is ready I did every cry out method there was and it just ended in my son hyperventilating needing his mama !!

Ferber method lay him down and walk away best advice my pediatrician gave me. I did it with all 3 of my kids. Yes it is harder when your kids have medical issues, but you have to be at your best to care for them. Put them in their sleeping space at about 8pm and walk away. You cant be at your best if you are completely exhausted.

My son needed something that smelled of me in his crib. Maybe try a well worn sleep shirt of yours, not washed?

Personally I just let mine sleep in bed with me. Mine used to sleep pretty good until at 6 months he cut 4 teeth at once and never went back to normal sleep pattern. He would cry until he puked so I felt the best thing for me and him would be co sleeping and he eventually outgrew it and slept in his own bed. We both got better sleep in the long run and was worth every minute of snuggles. They don’t stay little long so enjoy it while it lasts…cause one day they are out of nowhere adults.

12 Likes

Maybe lay him with a shirt or blanket that smells like you :heart:

1 Like

My daughter slept with me till she was 4 years old… and I would do it all again

Sometimes they do and sometimes they don’t each is different.

It may not work for all but I used Aveeno Lavender bath and lotion just before bed with a bottle with cereal and a good burp. They slept beautifully. Well, the first two. My third did sleep but with her, she wouldn’t sleep unless I was in the recliner or inclines in the bed holding her. I had to go back to work earlier with her due to financial difficulties.

You mean a baby wants comfort and closeness to his mama? Odd. Kinda like how you want your significant other at night.

4 Likes

Find some music he likes or try some Christmas lites that change colors .

My baby started teething at 6 months and slept with me for a week and I still haven’t gotten her out of my bed and it’s been almost a year :woman_shrugging: so I guess what I’m saying is… I’m no help :rofl:

Sounds weird but… maybe just let him sleep next to you :roll_eyes: he loves you.

5 Likes

If there were magic tricks we’d all be well rested. Its normal for babies to not sleep through the night. They go through stages of not doing so, esp after a big development. Read a dev book. But imagine being a baby. Hes only 8 mo. Cosleeping isnt a bad thing.

3 Likes

Place the crib next to your bed…

3 Likes

Give the baby warm milk…

My first slept through the night since three months old, my second… never did :joy: they’re both different x

Hi! Try to put his crib next to your bed and every day try to move it a little far from you until he gets habituated again. Try also to use white noise, or put a plush toy inside your shirt for a couple of minutes or hours so that your smell will transfer to it. Then put it somewhere close to the crib, not inside because it can be a choking risk.

3 Likes

If you know he’s ok and waking to see if your there id let him cry it’s a bad habit he has now and one of the hardest to break.

3 Likes

My two year old boy never slept in his moses basket alwaya woke to come to the bed he did sleep in a cot but always woke during the night to come in to the bed so now I’ve put the cot up to the level of our bed and took one side off the cot so he sleeps in that all night he does roll over just to feel I’m there but always goes back to his own bed right next to me literally was a great idea but never had a problem with him wanting to be in the bed with me if he was happy then I was :grin:

Crush up honey nut Cheerios and add it to his bedtime bottle.
Lights out 6+ hours

Let him sleep with you. I wouldn’t fight the battle.

15 Likes

I co slept with all 3 of mine …

3 Likes

Dr Karp on YouTube saved me. 5S’s. If anything have a pack n play near by for those hardcore sleepless nights .

1 Like

You could try the book “No Cry Sleep Solution”

Your his comfort. My oldest slept with me til she was 12 and I loved it.

2 Likes

When this has happened with my kiddos I let them cry it out. Usually they figure out your not going to come in after a bit. I kno it’s hard but if they are fed there diaper us changed and you know they are tired they are fine. Usually once you get them back on that first night the next night they know and it shouldn’t be so bad. Then they should get back on the routine.

7 Likes

Let him cry himself to sleep. I’m a teacher in a child care center and I have found that when you cosleep, it makes it harder on both mother and child.

7 Likes

Yea, never do that lol. I did that one time when my kid was 2, then he slept in my bed until he was 5 :joy: good luck.

2 Likes

Honestly, bring his crib into your room next to your bed, then move it further away from you, then cover him being able to see you, then once hes ok with that, back to his own room.

8 Likes

I personally would just co sleep but that’s not what you were asking and I know that. Have you tried putting his crib next to your bed so he’s in his own bed but can still see you when he wakes up?

2 Likes

I know!! This part is hard…I have 4 kids, and I know your struggle! I ALWAYS said I wouldn’t do the “co-sleeping” BUT…YOU need sleep and rest too!! My 2 youngest (5 & 3) take a MINIMUM of 1 hour to get to sleep, could be in there for 2 hours or more!! It is exhausting!! Once they fall asleep, I get about an hour before they wake up…and sure enough, they BOTH climb in the bed with me. I have to slither out out in the morning, and hope they don’t hear my alarm, just to take a shower before work!! It may NOT be what you want to allow…BUT…you need sleep and rest above all else too!! If it is still happening when he’s 20…then renegotiate…lol…you have to do, what you have to do…in order to sleep!! AND it beats getting up every 10 minutes to calm them, because that is NOT going to get you sleep! It’s hard…and always take it one day at a time! :blush:

2 Likes

We have my sons crib in our room right beside my bed. He wakes up and i try getting him to self soothe but sometimes i let him lay with me and get come snuggles then i put him
Back in his crib. Maybe since he wakes up just to see if you are there put his crib or a pack and play beside your bed see if that helps.

1 Like

Break the habit you started. Keep putting him in the crib to make that habit.

2 Likes

I would definitely put his crib next to your bed because at least he will be able to see you and you will be able to sleep in your own bed and he will be in his and it will be much safer. Good luck mama :heart:

1 Like

He is fine. So are you mom. He needs a set schedule. Keep the baby up when you are up

Yeah I let my babies sleep with me.