How to get baby to sleep through the night?

Momma, please help! My son, since three months old, has slept through the night in his crib… He just turned eight months old, and two weeks before he turned eight months, he got Hands, foot, mouth, and he slept with me for a couple of nights so I could watch him better. Well, since then, he won’t sleep at all in his crib. I can put him in his crib after he goes to sleep, and not even 10-15 mins he wakes up screaming. I have tried going to him, talking to him, telling him he’s ok and patting him and stuff. His dad has tried it, but he won’t sleep unless he is in my bed or next to me. When he is still in bed with me, he will wake up and make sure he can see me, and go right back to sleep. I don’t know what else to do? I work early mornings, so there are nights I don’t get much sleep cuz I try to do the going to him every time he cries. Is there something I can get to help him? Yes, he is teething, and I understand the 8-month sleep regression, but from what I understand is that only the last couple of weeks. I have tried a sound machine, and it freaks him out. I don’t know what to do. Mommas, please help me!

Try putting a shirt next to him or something that has your scent on it