How to get rid of canker sores?

If I eat peanuts I get horrible canker sores!!! I wash with water and peroxide!

Try this product been using this since childhood days up to now it’s “alum” in English wet ur finger and put in it where the sore is leave it a few minutes and wash the
Mouth it tastes bitter but it will goes away after the gargle in a few days 1 or 2 days it will heal quick

Sounds silly but pickle juice for me.

When I asked my doctor he said it was herpes type 1 … lol :laughing: I remember my mom and dad getting them when I was little ,then me and my brother started to get them…

Salt water rinse 2-3x a day. It will go away within a few days. Works everytime for me.

3 Likes

Lysine in the vitamin section

Are they actual canker sores? When I was little, I had a nervous habit where I would bite the inside of my cheek and lip and the spots would like like canker sores? Not sure of age but crest has a mouth sore mouth wash that helps.

I get them all the time go get the oral b rinse especially for canker sores takes the pain out and heals it quickly

2 Likes

Try changing her toothpaste I was allergic to an ingredient in most toothpaste so I switched to sensydine havent had any since before that alls I did is brush it and it was gone in one to2 days

2 Likes

There’s a mouth wash for canker sores/ mouth sores. They can be a little bit pricey but they do shorten the time. Canker sores can also be contagious so she could have gotten it from someone that kissed her or by sharing dishes.

I get them when I eat onions. Turns out I am allergic. My Uncle was allergic to tomatoes.

I used to get them all the time, I found I get them when I’m not getting enough b12

Swish mouth out with pepto bismol it works!!

See your dr and ask about herpes simplex virus 1. Not the 2

A few auto immune diseases first surface with mouth ulcers, such as MMP , mucous membrane pemphigoid. Did your doctor run blood tests? Does your daughter have any skin problems? Might be worth having some more tests just to discount .

So canker does exist, when I was young and put things such as keys in my mouth my mum would say take it out you will get canker so when i tell mine this they all laugh and say what the hells canker,so now i know.

They are caused by acidic foods

2 Likes

Any chance you are on well water? If so, she could be having a reaction to something in it. I had well water and couldn’t drink it. It caused terrible sores in my mouth and on my cheeks. My mouth hurt so bad. I went to doctor several times before we figured out it as something in the well water. I switched to only dinking bottled water and it cleared up in no time.

1 Like

:stop_sign::stop_sign::stop_sign::stop_sign::stop_sign:many people get sores because they use their hands to rinse their mouths after brushing their teeth! Need small cups to rinse mouth as hands carry germs even if one thinks they washed their hands correctly it’s still not good to use this method. Then rinse with mouth wash as well after brushing teeth! And put toothbrush caps on the brush too!!! :stop_sign::stop_sign::stop_sign::stop_sign: Trust and believe this is a game changer

2 Likes

I get them when I eat a lot of spicy food. I usually use peroxide to clean it. And because I am older I put salt on it so it kinda burns it i usually find a little relief when I do that. My son got it once and I put peroxide after every time he ate 3days later it was gone

Does she have asthma? The brown inhaler can cause them.

I get them when I am stressed or when my immune system is down (when I get sick). They are no fun. Your best bet is a numbing agent.

1 Like

Lysine is a supplement she can take and it should definitely help. In the vitamin isle

Does she bite the inside of her cheeks?

Oh gosh I have those too here a year and a half ago I felt like five of them all on top of each other in the back of my throat on my tongue I could not swallow drink eat I was in horrible pain and I went and seen my doctor and he gave me some tube of medicine didn’t taste bad or nothing but you put it in there on it it made part of it go away the rest was still there hurting real bad so I go back to the doctor and see a different doctor and she takes this q-tip like deal and sticks in there and roads on it it taste as bad and a little bit more of it went away then I ended up in the hospital for 2 weeks and it went away during the time I was in there but I still get them on the inside of my cheeks right now I keep biting my tongue I don’t know if that’s because of those places was on there or what oh yeah he Dr prescribed me mouthwash too it didn’t taste too bad

I got them a lot as a child too and still do as an adult. Believe me when I tell you I have tried EVERYTHING over my lifetime and there is nothing that makes them better, makes them shorter or prevents them. I’ve tried a diet completely void of acidic foods and it’s still no match for a random bout of stress. Keeping numbing gel on hand for days 4-7 when they’re at their most painful is the only remedy. I will say when my diet is well, I’m consistently working out and managing my stress in a healthy manner, they seem to be less frequent. Life happens though and she may experience a lot of subconscious stress she doesn’t even realize she’s feeling until a canker sore pops up. :pray:t2:

I get them when stressed.

I just put regular salt directly on it & that usually helps it clear up. Warning tho, the salt will probably make her scream because it’s super painful to go this route. You could do salt water instead & have her use it like mouth wash.

My child use to get them all the time. I assumed they were from the excessive amounts of ketchup he eats. But his dentist told me no. That it was from his toothpaste. We use Colgate. She said there’s something in the toothpaste causing it. Told me to try HELLO or TOMS OF MAINE… We switched to Toms of Maine, and now he doesn’t get them.

2 Likes

I get them too. Mine are caused by stress or anxiety, I use carmex and oragel mouth wash

1 Like

I got these as a kid frequently …and I don’t know why …my grandpa always told me rinse my mouth with saltwater everyday …it helped …but I have not gotten one since I was probably 6years to 10yrs I have never gotten one as an adult

1 Like

Have her swish warm water with table salt in it, and shes probably chewibg the inside of her cheeks when she sleeps she may need a mouth splint

1 Like

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How to get rid of canker sores? - Mamas Uncut

I got them a lot as a child and young adult. My mother would tell me if my mouth was that way so was my stomach. If she can or will get her to drink buttermilk. Try letting her take a probiotic and see if it helps.

Yogurt. Lots of yogurt.

2 Likes

Listerine always helps when someone in my family gets them. Usually clears it up by morning.

Yes keep a food journal she could be allergic to certain fruits she’s eating

Gargle with warm salt water

My mom use salt water rinses.

1 Like

A friend of mine gets them but only when she eats spicy food, and sour fruits and veges. Avoid those kinds of lollies too

1 Like

Have your daughter rinse with Colgate Peroxyl, it works wonders… also keep a food journal so you can refer to it when she gets the sores, idk :woman_shrugging: but definitely get the peroxyl it has no alcohol in it therefore she can use it…

Alum or turmeric works great . Alum does burn and turmeric Is bitter but it works. I get them from time to time. Stress causes them and sweets and acidic foods.

I used to get them a lot, when I would eat something with a high acidity, like tomatoes, pineapples, etc.
so I usually stay away from that and I only get them maybe once or twice a year now!

My father would get them if he had anything tomato-based two days in a row. (The reason we never ate leftovers.)

It wasn’t something his doctor diagnosed; my mother actually figured it out. (In the same respect, I get them if I drink “real tea” with “real lemon” in excess.

My father would rinse with salt water; I found rinsing with a “strong” mouthwash helps.

I never figured out what caused mine but I got them all the time as a kid, and get them from time to time still. Quickest and easiest thing for me has always been warm/hot (as warm as I can stand, usually) water with some salt mixed in, and swished around. Maybe half a glass with a decent amount of salt poured in, and I always use the whole amount even if it’s a few swishes. When I was a kid I would do this two- three times a day and it usually went away within a few days.

i get them when i stress. canker X helps a ton, mouthwash saltwater rinse both burn but help with healing time

1 Like

It’s not just sour I had a boss who would get canker sores everytime she ate anything deep fried … lol she still ate it but less often cause she knew

I use to get them when I was younger. I used Blistex Kanka. Then I grew out of them. I haven’t had one since I don’t remember when, but i hope your daughter grows out of them too.

1 Like

Alum doesn’t taste good but works great just set finger put a dab on and put on sore it’s a powder natural food store should have it

1 Like

Well my little one was getting blisters in her mouth. Inside her cheeks and on her tongue.
Drs weren’t helping.
My mom said what if it’s a vitamin deficiency… so I looked into that and sure enough once I put her on iron, B-12 /B complex and zinc , they went away in a matter of 2-3 weeks and I’ve kept her on it for the last three years. Never have come back!!

1 Like

I get them from to much acid and rolaids help me

Vanilla extract on a qtip

.y mom found a gel called Zilactin back in the 80s. It hurts at first but then all good for a long time and can eat anything. I had them from age 3 on and couldn’t find out “the why”. Later I would get them when stressed or a certain antibiotic. I rarely get one now but if I put on Z right away, it goes away. When I was still getting them a lot, the only time I didn’t was when I was pregnant.

Go to her doc n get needs

Use milk of magnesia and a q tip to help relieve the sores

Swish with buttermilk. If possible…hold buttermilk in your mouth a minute. This completely gets rid of it. (Sometimes it takes 2 times to get rid of it)

Salt water rinse helps dry them out to disappear quicker

Have her checked for Gluten allergies

You can get it at the drugstore

Get a prescription from your Dermatologist or dentist for Dental paste. It’s works great! I use one side of a Q-tip to dry the canker sore then I dab a little of this paste directly onto the canker sore. I don’t put it on until right before I go to bed. Might take 2-3 nights of doing this if it’s really bad but it works great! I’ve always gotten canker sores and my dermatologist told me to try this. My dentist didn’t even know about using this paste in this way! I have used it on my daughter since she was 7.

For me it was tomatoes, too acidic, but I grew out of it by the time I was 13. Get some OTC canker sore meds at the pharmacy. If your not sure talk to pharmacist

ST37 mouth rinse/antiseptic

Change toothpaste- also L- Lysine supplement

Rinse with salt sater

Try an SLS free toothpaste.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How to get rid of canker sores? - Mamas Uncut

I get them all the time and i use canker-x its amazing. takes pain away and makes them heal 100x faster for me

Definitely check her iron levels I used to get these all in my mouth, on my tongue and down the back of my throat and I had very little iron. Hope she’s ok x

I get those when I eat some fruits like pineapple and plums for example and also fruit juices so maybe try and avoid anything acidic like that and see if that makes a difference.

My son suffered with these terrible and neither doctor or dentist could find a reason for them. They were a monthly occurrence and huge. In an odd twist we took him out of school to home educate for family reasons and they stopped. I think he’s had two in the space of three years. It could be worth looking at possible external stress factors that may be unknowingly causing them.

Use a toothpaste for sensitive teeth/gums! I used to get the so often it was a nightmare. Changing my toothpaste really helped. Plus eating more fruit and drinking more water than sugary drinks helps too :blush:

Warm water with baking soda or salt. Swish around, spit. No swallow! Also, Campho Phenique antiseptic liquid. Take a Q-tip, dip it, then dab it

U can look for over the counter medicine. And they make something called a canker cover. I use to get them bad and grew outta it as an adult. But I know how painful they can be. Try Tylenol or ibuprofen for pain relief and numbing medicine. No gum also

Warm water either salt. Swish it around then spit it out. Then cam be caused by many different things from her biting her gums to being stressed out to different types of food.

Try Toothpastes and mouth rinses containing sodium lauryl sulfate. Also maybe probotics might help or be worth a try to see if it helps calm down anything in body causing it.

Iv never heard of this what are they

Try a toothpaste without Sodium lauryl sulphate. I don’t know why but I get loads if I accidentally buy toothpaste with it in. Once I swapped I stopped getting them

1 Like

Have the checked her vitamin B12? Mouth ulcers can indicate a lack of that x

I have had canker sores since a child. It seems if my system gets too acidic they become a problem. So try avoiding tomatoes, citrus and the like for a while. Watch vitamin C level in the vitamins. That can cause problems too.
I have had some luck shortening the life of a canker sore by taking a few Tums tablets a day.

I used to get them all the time as a kid. I don’t believe they is anything you can do to shorten the life of then and the can last 7-10 days, but I use straight salt, but for a child you may want to rinse with salt water. My son who is older has now gone for the straight salt a he gets them too. Chill on the acidic foods when you have them as they can agravate them. I’ve heard milk as well. Good luck.

I get then when I eat sour or salty don’t do oral jel that will make the gums hard asf an at 2 they still have back molars coming in.

Rince out mouth with salt water solution, about 1 teaspoon for 1 cup of water

I get them all the time when my iron is low. Like I have multiple daily and they effect eating and talking because they’re that painful. I too love sour sweets but they don’t cause it for me but can make thej worse when I already have them. Also I get then on the end of my tongue if I catch my sharp tooth. Maybe get her doctor to test her for low iron/anaemia.

Have you tried a garlic clove?just cut a clove in half and squeeze until you see the juice then rub it on the affected area.It worked for myself and children. It was recommended by a homeopath, ulcer cleared up in few days

Mouth wash twice a day, that’s what I use when I get them. They happen when my stomach is upset.

I gargle with listerine, or a mixture of water and peroxide.

1 Like

My mom always put alum on my canker sores

I’ve heard it can also be hormone inbalances**

Pickle juice? Rinse with salt water?

Canker sore is an immunity disorder. If your system goes out of order it will appear.So always eat a lot of green vegetables everyday. I’m that way all of my kids are that way

Pink salt with hot water.

My sister puts ice on the spot as soon as she feels one coming on! It freezes it in its place. It does work! It hurts though but worth it!

Chewing on the inside of the lip can also help cause them

1 Like

Idk if someone has mentioned this but switch her toothpaste to one with out SLS or sodium laurel sulfate and if she likes candy like sour patch gummies…limit those and have her brush immediately after eating them. My son had the same issue but now he is all good.

Allergic to so
Something! Bananas set me off! Dilute peroxide/water rinse mouth with that! It will bubble up and works most of the time!

1 Like

I have always gotten them bad and still do but I was also diagnosed with an auto immune condition as a child. Keep up with all her symptoms. Sore throats, complaining of joint pains, fevers and so on. If you start noticing patterns bug the mess out if your doctor until you have answers

I have gotten canker sores since I was a kid. Drink Orange juice to get rid of them. It works!

1 Like

I had that issue growing up for years. Lysine pills can be bought over the counter. One a day and it will be gone in a week or so. Rinsing with salt water and such never worked just irritated it.

1 Like

I get them all the time! My dentist told me it could be from toothpaste! But I wish I remembered the ingredient they told me to watch out for

Have her allergy tested. I get canker sores because I have celiac disease and food allergies.

My 17vyear old daughter has been getting them since she was 5. Stress agrivates a breakout. She is finally going to see a dermatologist for them. Her doctor put her on valcylovir. It seems to help.