How to get rid of head lice for good?

cut :scissors: the hair off.

Lice love clean hair, I went through this with my to girl I feel for you , treat them I used white rain shampoo and conditioner don’t know why but it seemed to help keep them away

1 Like

Apple cider vinegar and coconut oil mixed together it will dissolve the bodies off of them

Go to a doctor. They can prescribe better treatments for it. Also, I’m pretty sure they make preventive stuff for it as well. Not sure how well it works, but you could give that a try after you’ve gotten rid of it.

Have you tried asking for a prescription from the pediatrician? That’s what I had end up doing because nothing at all helped.

COLOR your hair …DONE for good !

My mom used kerosene once on me. Last time I ever got it. Wasn’t a lot. Just enough to spread on my scalp. Probably not the best😅 but hey… it worked.

We tried lice shampoo, nit picking, tea tree oil nothing worked. I got like 5 bottles of conditioner, lathered the crap out of it, waited 30 minutes then went through it with a nit comb and a head lamp because the eggs would shimmer. Oh and get lots of paper towels and ziplock bags. Wipe the comb and only put the paper towel down in the ziploc and close it. Then repeat in 3 days and again 3 days after that. Repeat until you find nothing. Also they have spray to put on mattresses and things you can’t wash in hot water. We tried for months because a child in her class in kinder or first grade that was near her had a very bad infestation. This was the only thing that worked. Then after that we put her hair in a very tight ponytail, bun or braid and hairsprayed the crap out of it. Haven’t had it since.

Also you can look locally for a lice clinic. Ive never been to one but some of the people in my kids old school swears by it. Also I’m pretty sure lice just prefer certain hair because my daughters shared a room. My daughter was all over snuggling me for days before we knew about it. Still she is the only one to ever have it.

They do have a prescription shampoo, call your family Dr and ask! They should call it in for you without a appointment.

Worse thing as a child but vinegar! Malt vinegar, they hate the stuff. Saturate her hair with it, does linger for a while but it worked when I was a kid

Tea tree oil but all the kids need do I g or will reinfect each other

You need to locate the source if she continues being reinfested.

As long as there are children at the daycare with them, she’ll keep getting them.

2 Likes

Her hair is too clean!! I’ve not known too many Black people who get lice, it happens but not often, and the 1 thing we have in common is not washing our hair often. And using oils and grease on our scalp. The slippery nature of those makes it so the bugs can’t adhere to the scalp. Good luck!

nitty gritty comb small sections with conditioner ever day till clear. and then weekly

That’s the problem. If the other kids parents don’t do what your doing it will just keep spreading and coming back. Girl I feel this post…I hate head lice the most!!! It’s so hard to get rid of these days because super lice is NOT affected by the store shampoos etc.

2 Likes

I am so sorry ! It’s just awful! I literally had to go through and pick every single one out of my daughters head every single day and also use the prescription that the pediatrician gave me . The over the counter stuff didn’t work . Also , all costumes and dance stuff had to be frozen in a deep freezer . Anything can be frozen and it kills them . Also , put all stuffed animals etc . Sealed in a knot in a large outdoor trash bag for two months . Throw away what you can . We bought the Robi Comb and I highly recommend it . Lots of luck . This was 18 years ago for us and I still have nightmares about it .

Lice don’t discriminate against clean, dirty, blond, red, brown, curly, wavy, straight hair. Hair is hair to them​:woman_shrugging::woman_facepalming:. Mayo in their hair for a couple hours then a NIT comb every 3 days. Also a prescription from her Dr. Should do it. I have 3 girls and a now 1 year old we just got rid of them in July and they had it since jan/feb. Family had to help cause it was to much for me.

Tea tree oil in her shampoo and conditioner. They also have a clinic where they treat head lice. My husbands youngest had to go to one

V-Comb - FDA Registered Allergy and Chemical Free Head Lice Treatment - Electric Head Lice Comb - Out Performs Other Head Lice Combs and Lice Shampoo - Removes Lice and Eggs https://a.co/d/3qNXT74

This thing was a lifesaver for me!! It was $65 when I bought it years ago, and worth every penny.

It’s not about what you are or are not doing. She’s going to keep getting reinfected as long as there is one kid that has one bug still on their head. Try to make other arrangements for childcare.

4 Likes

She is more than likely reinfecting from her daycare. Fairy tale shampoo lice prevention was a life saver for my daughter in elementary school.

3 Likes

It’s not about hair being dirty. Lice loves clean hair …also idk how long your daughters hair is but straightening her hair can kill the nits on her hair…the heat burns them…and I’ve used baby oil on in the head as well. It works. My daughter’s got it a long time ago by sitting next to their cousin. I get rid of them bitches that day. Ohh and wash everything …bedding clothes ect.

Sounds like the school is probably infested. I would let them know you are considering moving her if they don’t take this seriously. You can only do so much at home but if she keeps getting it the source has to be eliminated.

1 Like

I ended up dying my daughter hair after countless times of dealing with them

Treat and don’t send her back till they r all clean and the daycare too

1 Like

A real good fine tooth combe and hair conditioner is all you need …

1 Like

No need to bow out of child care!!! My bron law kids always had hl. His wife was basically just a dirty person and kept dirty house and dirty kids. So because these people were family I couldn’t just be like yo!! Your brother can’t bring his nasty ass wife n kids over here. Anytime they came over we fought headlice for the next month. My 2 girls had long hair. After battling constantly for 2 yrs I finally said f it and gel’ed up their hair and kept it french braided. Sprayed the house after they left and never had another issue again. If I knew they were coming I just put a lot of gel in their hair and left it braided for that week. They can’t live in hair with product in it. This worked for us for around 10 yrs…until him and his wife split up and then she and the kids moved 2 hrs from us.

It’s probably the facility. The lice don’t like chemically treated hair or oils . If possible maybe consider dying her hair a natural color . Also put oil on her scalp . Make Sure the facilities are spraying for lice.

So I delt with this as a kid… best remedy freaking ever… Vaseline…lather in hair put a shower cap over head for 24-48 hours and then wash out with dawd dish soap. Get the bedbug/flea bombs, like 2 per room, shut your air off close all doors to rooms, then set them off, and go somewhere for 24 hours, take blankets and pillows to laundry matt wash and dry all of it. Saves you so much more money than the lice treatment and spray. That junk don’t work

After you treat her hair grease her scalp with blue magic. It has to be blue magic. Find your local blk beauty supply store and get some blue magic.

Food grade diatomaceous earth. You can get it at your local feed store or buy it on Amazon for $15 a bag. It’s used to prevent lice and bugs in chickens and has many other uses. Put some in am empty salt or pepper shaker and sprinkle in her hair and on her scalp. Let sit for an hour or so then wash out. Repeat daily. The DE will break down the lice and eggs.

Sounds like a few others have commented. But it seems the source is the school.

Tee tree oil every morning if choosing a different school isn’t an option

1 Like

We recently went through a horrible battle with lice and our youngest 2. These products are what finally saved us and ended our battle.

Lice actually prefer clean hair & some individuals (my niece is one of them) are super susceptible to an infestation. I assure you, it isn’t because you’re dirty. If her poor head has been treated that many times in a row, I would probably refrain from using anymore chemicals for a bit. Olive oil or mayo & a shower cap for a few hours/overnight. Then comb with a nit comb. Use Head & shoulders to wash hair out & go through hair again with a clean nit comb. Put any soft toys that can’t be washed in the washer, into a sealed trash bag for a couple weeks… anything that can be washed- hot water, laundry soap & a little odoban… Then dry on high heat. Sprinkle baking soda/salt on your rugs & carpets & work into fibers with a broom… Vacuum up after a couple days. Treat furniture with lice/bed bug bedding spray. We also use “vamousse shampoo” twice a week & head & shoulders the other days.

Keep her hair put up- use licefreee or vamousse- use daily vamousse shampoo. Hand pick out every nit and retreat once a week for several weeks

unfortunately if lice is active at your child’s daycare and you send her , she will continue to get lice … please pull her out of day care and keep her home … maybe once you get rid of the lice , have a babysitter come to your home to care for your child , instead of sending her back

My neighbor felt your frustration she finally kept baby oil in her child’s hair for a while it’s so oily they can attach their selves

Start putting gel and hairspray or some type of grease in her hair. Contrary to popular belief, lice thrive in clean hair. Hair with products in it are not the ideal environment for lice so keep her hair with moose, gel, hairspray, etc.

Nix is the only thing that works, and sray Adams flea and tick spray on furniture and mattress and bedding to prevent re-infestation…you must do everyone in the family or house hold the same day and also all bed rooms and carpets…throw away all old brushes and combs and start with new ones…tell the kids not to share brushes an combs with friends at school…also no sharing coats and jackets with school mates…if you fallow this to a T…you should NOT have anymore problems…and remember…even though it is very expensive to cover all of this the same day…it is the only way for success

Call your pediatrician. They can call in a Rx and the stuff really does the job. My twin granddaughters got if twice in elem school.

Sounds like you are doing everything right. Talk to the daycare tell them they need to make it where the kids can’t go to daycare if they have lice. Or just switch daycares. I would be mad if I was doing everything right and my kid kept getting infected because the other parents were neglecting their kids lice problem.

1 Like

My daughter use to keep it and i used everything but then someone told me to rubbing achol and conditioner and after you get done once or twice a week wash her hair with dog shampoo and that will keep her from getting them my daughter is 32 now we never got them again

it’s been several years however I literally shaved my head and my daughter’s heads twice because I did everything under the sun from medicated shampoo and picking and combing to home remedies. Finally got that stuff called super lice killer and it did the trick.

Lice love clean hair. My mom use to put tea tree oil in my shampoo just a couple drops per bottle and she put hairspray in my hair every day before school. Lice do not like dirty or sticky hair, so the hairspray would help keep them away. I had lice all the time from my cousins, their mom and foster parents would do their head but not the house, car or anything else. After my mom started doing that I only had it once more and that was because my mom forgot to use the hairspray on me before we picked them up.

Put hair grease on her scalp you can find it in the black hair section

Years ago we had the nit nurse. She was called into school, checked every child and treated those infected. Now its against the rules.
If other children are infected they wont go away…unless every child and their family are treated at the same time.
Tea tree shampoo/conditioner is effective as is tea tree spray. Nits hate the smell
Bone combing wet hair with lots of conditioner helps remove the adults but must be done every day to make sure you get all the eggs . Leave just one and you’re re‐infected very quickly…but if every family is not doing it the life cycle continues as does the infestation
Its got nothing to do with hygiene…they prefer clean hair

For some reason them damn bugs seem to really like my oldest daughter. Between the age of like 5 and 10 we had them all the time!! I would get rid of them they would come back id get rid of them they’d come back.
It was a tiresome expensive cycle. I know if you have a medical they will pay for the prescription for the shampoo. But I’ve noticed since she’s gotten older and she’s left Holmes elementary she hasn’t had a problem 

Using product in the hair and blow drying daily helps rid them as well after lice treatments and tea tree oil

Back in my day we used Rid. I’ve seen this in the pharmacies.

I get the prescription from the pediatrician. He gives us Natroba. Kills lice and their eggs. Works great.

Kids that have it should be sent home and not allowed back until it’s gone.

2 Likes

My hair was getting infested with lice at some point but now I barely have any… even tho I didn’t even use lice shampoo I just took a shower everyday

She could be getting rid of them and then catching them back from another child maybe? Or maybe try combing through her hair alot and geting the eggs and lice out as much as possible treat her hair and then keep up with the combing after for a few days to get the rest out, if nothing works go to your doctor and ask for tops and maybe they could give you something on prescription for this as sometimes it needs to be stronger stuff to use, but there is not point in doing this all if she is playing with other children who still have nits, try tell her to stay away from people’s hair for a while in a nice way, sounds like she could just be catching them back off someone to me, and maybe that person doesn’t know their child has them or maybe that child is finding it hard to get rid of them too. I caught them from a child tears ago and it took me a while to get rid of them as I would still see the child but after not seeing the kid for a while I got rid of them they just keep coming back if they arnt treated properly or you keep catching them, they say to comb thru the hair constantly to get them all out even after treatment, combing can last for hours

Back in my day they used qwell or something like that

Pick clean tea tree oil “ tree top makes a shampoo and conditioner “ my daughter has hair down to her butt and she’s 9 it works !!

Lice freeee has a leave in spray that you can keep in her hair after you use the shampoo. Only thing that works for us.

It’s because the other kids at the daycare have lice. They keep spreading it back and forth.
Also, just fyi, lice love clean hair!!! They can attach better to it. It’s actually better to have oily hair when trying to rid yourself of lice.
Good luck!!

My sister always got sent home from school with lice. My mom always took care of it & she was allowed back in school. Kept on going until my mom asked for her seat to be changed & that did the trick, so I really think your child keeps getting reinfected due to her daycare.

3 Likes

First of all lice thrive in clean hair. We tried EVERYTHING and the only thing that has ever worked for my daughter is lice free spray. You can get it from Walmart or Target. It smells like licorice, but other than that, it’s a great product. Just spray on dry hair, comb through and let it do it’s thing. When I used it on my daughter, I put her hair in a bun and washed out the next day. I also bought a good lice comb from Amazon. The lice combs that come with the kits are pretty much useless.

1 Like

Break the hatching cycle. You have to get every egg killed and removed. Research the days and treat in certain intervals.

We used Vaseline and baby oil. They slid right off the hair!

Buy some treetree oil and put some in each bottle of shampoo you buy. Every single one. Every single time. I’m a teacher and that’s what we tell the parents who have kids whos hair lice are attracted to. Luce love clean hair.

If you can afford it look up and see if there is lice clinics in your area. I paid $175 for them to professional remove and comb out all the lice and nits. I also bought a kit from them for future treatment it’s totally worth it for those that can afford the price.
Also to help prevent them put a few drops of peppermint essential oil in leave in conditioner or tangle spray or just a spray bottle with water and spray on her hair after a bath. It helps repel them

1 Like

Use listerine mouthwash, saturate hair, put shower cap on, leave on for 1-2 hrs. The longer the better. Listerine kills the lice. Then saturate hair with vinegar, put shower cap on, leave on for 1-2 hrs. Vinegar will help loosen up the glue the nits use to stick to the hair. Then comb out the nits

Unfortunately I don’t have good advice, but hopefully some comforting words

I know people have a tendency to yell about head lice coming from being dirty, but they actually prefer clean hair. You are doing everything you can and you shouldn’t feel badly. I hope you will find a remedy soon. We had to fight head lice at one point and it was hell to get rid of.

1 Like

Depending on how much you’re willing to spend :grimacing: my girls got it this summer and I had it too, come to find out. I took them to a head lice clinic near us and they treated us and told us what we did and didn’t need to do with brushes, carpet, etc. it included a check up a week later and a letter of clearance for summer camp for the next day BUT it was $125 a head. Kind of steep, but beat hours of combing to me. She did all 3 of our heads in about an hour.

You don’t need chemicals. Use coconut and olive oil. Completely saturate head and scalp. Put a shower cap on. Leave on for a couple hours to suffocate them. Rinse with hot water and come all nits out

Bag the stuffies. Wash hair. Put oil in it Braid the hair tight and hair spray everyday to school.
Shoppers has metal combs they are like 10-20$ ask them. Keep combs in freezer
Don’t bring the backpacks inside spray everything with tea tree oil. Avoid swimming pools (one kid got them from the pool)

I put a few drops of tea tree oil in my shampoo and was desperate enough I also added tea tree oil to my conditioner as well and also bought one of those metal combs and while I was in the shower with conditioner in my hair I would come through my hair to come out the bugs and nits

Spray her hair every morning with hair spray

Being clean is how u get them so don’t let anyone tell u different

Lice aren’t dirty.
Try spraying a bit of hair spray in her hair and using a straighter if she’s old enough. Put all pillows and stuffed toys in the dryer for an hour.

Make her use coconut shampoo… the smell repels lice…

So something similar happened to a nephew he had lice and did a lot of things to get rid of it for around a year. Soooo someone told his mom abt a pill its called Ivermectin (Stromectol). This is in Mexico but I just searched and I think its available in the U.S

(Sidenote: he had it for like a year following treatments, getting his hair cleaned, and washing everything, with this pill he got rid of it in like 2 weeks…Ask your doctor about it)

Coconut oil for 3 hrs.

She will continue to get it in daycare . Some parents don’t do there job. Sadly your daughter keeps getting it . At my granddaughters school. They did daily head checks. If one child had it they sent home letters to every child’s parent . No they did not name the child . Just letting them know that so they would keep a eye at home

First find out from who they came from because you won’t get ride of them until she is not around that person or place.

Product nO prOduct// COMB COMB COMB…

when the hair is DRY… I found it Easier tO comb out th lice & eggs that way*

When the hair is free of both, then use a deterrent…

The hardest part is getting my miss 8 to sit whilst I attempt the prOcess, Hence why it Never seems like we get rid of them all…*

Day care needs to be treated, and the children need to be checked before they are allowed in. You need to turn them in to the state if it is not taken care of. If not it will just keep spreading. They should not be allowed in , just like school.

1 Like

The other parents all need to be making sure they are doing the hair treatments and home treatments too. Or it’s not going to go away. Along with the daycare needs to do it too.
I noticed them on my son and immediately notified my daughters school and took her home, got the hair treatments and bathed both kids. Got the room bombs and put all stuffed animals in bags and washed all blankets/pillows/rugs every other day for a week. Got rid of them and continued checking everyone’s hair for 3 weeks afterwards.

If she is around the person that has them you will never get rid of them

We had it when my daughter was younger the only thing I found that worked was a electric comb the kills the bug if you do it daily it eventually stops them

Douse hair with tea tree oil and wash out after 1hr

add a few drops of tea tree oil to shampoo and conditioner. it’s a repellent. i worked in daycare for 30+ years and only had lice twice

1 Like

My granddaughter went to camp they had someone checking the kids hair first I appreciated that

Viniger and kids shampoo

Wash all bedding in hot water throw away any hair bows or brushes… and this might sound crazy but my MIL use to use Listerine mouthwash soak her hair in it for 2 hrs then wash out and comb it with a. Fine comb 

Go to the doctor and request sklice it will get rid of it fast. Over the counter treatments and home remedies don’t work.

Blow her hair with a blow dryer on High. Remember to also use the blow dryer on High heat to do the inside of the car. Change pillow cases each night. Just tumble in the dryer on High. God bless.

We added tea tree oil to all our shampoos & conditioners. But in this case it sounds like she’s getting it from daycare so it will be a vicious cycle.

3 Likes

Vinager let it sit for like 30 minutes they put conditions get a lice comb and comb through the hair, after that spray in Listerine mouth wash or the off brand and let it sit for 30 mins

Make sure you clean your car also, or any car your daughter travels in

We found a “Lice Lady” that does professional treatments.

1 Like

Put a bottle of tea tree oil in her shampoo

1 Like

Green dog shampoo worked best for my daughter…everything in the dryer everyday until gone

Actually I was told it’s easier for her to get lice if their hair is too clean. Easier for the lice to hold on to. My granddaughter finally cut her hair really short to get rid of them. She had hair almost to her waist.

2 Likes

l Get paid over $109 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $16674 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://DollarProfits1778.pages.dev/

also put any soft toys that can’t be washed in a bag in the freezer for at least 24 hours. If it’s passing around in her day care make sure she isn’t sharing combs ,hats and have her not play with soft unwashable toys at daycare.