How to get rid of head lice for good?

If she is still going around people that have it then you will never get rid of it.

Make that daycare clean up their place first.

All you can do it switch daycares tbh.
Unless they are going to close down for a few days to exterminate and clean and require all children to be treated and checked before returning then there’s literally nothing else you can do

Your pediatrician will prescribe it! Good luck!!

antibiotic lice hate sulfa

Moms have told me that they braided the hair each morning and then sprayed whole head with hairspray (heavily) The lice wouldn’t cling to the hairspray, and it suffocated the nits (eggs) shampoo each night and start over in the morning til they’re gone. Had this problem a couple of times, but never had a hard time getting rid of them. Good luck!

So about the dirty thing. Lice do not like dirty they’re unable to stick to is why. Clean hair they can attach themselves easier. She’s definitely washing way too much & needs to stop. As for getting rid of them you may have to go to the doctor to get a prescription. There’s also prevention sprays you can buy as well. At my salon we use ladybugs that works very well

My daughter had it for a long time. We tried everything. Nothing worked so we cut her hair short like a little above the shoulder to get a better hold of the situation. Did maybe 2 treatments and was done. Good lyck

SoI had my hair checked at a lice place n the woman told me if we ever got it to buy Cetaphil lotion n put it thru her hair then blow dry, blow dry, blow dry til it’s beyond dry then comb it out. The lotion heated kinda like shrink wraps the lice and eggs. I told a friend of mine who couldn’t get rid of hers this method and she told me it was the only method that worked n kept them away!

First off, lice like clean hair better than they do dirty hair. Use tea tree oil directly on her hair and keep it covered with a shower cap for 6 hours and then just rinse it out but no shampoo. Recover head with a clean shower cap and sleep in it and then the next morning wash hair as usual. That’s how we’ve always gotten rid of it. Kills the eggs by busting them open and smothers the bugs. Never had a problem getting rid of it that way. But if the other kids have it no tip or advice is gonna do you any good whatsoever. That daycare needs a clean first.

Then it sounds like the problem is the other kids giving it to your daughter. When my daughter was in kindergarten she kept getting head lice. I eventually got fed up I reported it to the health department and and most of her class and dozens of other kids in the school in other classes were sent home (parents had to pick them up immediately) and lice checks had to be done at the health department before kids could return to school. I highly recommend reporting it.

My daughter use to get it all the time from school. I spent a fortune on lice shampoo and treatments for the bed , e t. Then I found this solution from a friend,I treated her hair with mayonnaise then wrapped it in plastic wrap and let her play for a couple of hours. Next I washed her hair with coconut shampoo and then put in a coconut leave in conditioner. I treated her bed, washed all the sheets in hot water, put up all her stuffed animals after spraying them in a black trash bag for a week. I treated our home, the car, everything that she had sat on. I sent her back to school the following Monday and continued to put coconut conditioner in her hair and washed her hair with coconut shampoo. She never got it again… also if your child has long hair keep it up in braids or in a ponytail .

Former health dept nurse here:
:arrow_right:you MUST get rid of all the nuts (eggs) from every single piece of hair.
:arrow_right:All bedding must be washed and dried on hot and high heat. Pillows too.
:arrow_right:All soft stuffed animals and soft toys need to be bagged in an airtight, tied up bag for 21 days.
:arrow_right:All upholstered furniture and carpets must be thoroughly vacuumed and the vacuum bag thrown away outside in a trash can or dumpster.

Without all this effort they will never go away. It’s a lot of work but has to be done.

Each family member needs to be checked for nits. The health department should have someone that can check for you.

I’ve seen kids miss so much school due to lice that they were removed from the home.

The daycare needs to do a clean sweep as well! All coats and backpacks need to be in plastic bags every day. No play clothes until the outbreak is gone.

Lice love clean hair not dirty. So dirty isn’t the case at all mama. In fact her hair may be too clean.

In the past I have used vasolin.24 at least with a shower cap on. I have also used mayo. Real mayo. Both have oils in them that suffocation of eggs. Wash with Dawn dish soap a couple times then condition. But if other kids have them they will keep coming back till the source is gone.

Lice like clean hair, just so you know its not a “dirty” issue. And it’s hard. One time I had it after 6+ months of no avail with my daughter but rid of it with my son’s. I took her to the doctor and he gave her a pill. After that cleaning all bedding and vacuuming finally got them gone for many years. Until I had new younger girls. But I got that with just shampoo. So far so good. Supposedly tea tree oil in shampoo helps but I end up forgetting to do it every time and I don’t like the stuff that has it in it. Not a fan.

Rosemary oil or Tea Tree Oil works wonders! Lice hate it.

Mayonnaise. Smothers them and the eggs fall off the hair when you wash it out. Just let it sit for a half hour in her hair. Works everytime

Tea tree oil. Put some in a water bottle and spray her hair. This keeps them away. My daughter had lice so many times this is the j my thing that worked! Good luck

I agree with the others…its the Day care…all the kids and staff should be treated as well as the facility

2 Likes

If you have her in daycare & lice is still there you won’t get rid of it. My daughter brought it home from school years ago (she’s now 30). I was the only one who did not get it. I was told because I dyed my hair. That got me thinking. I purchased dye. It will come with two bottles. Don’t use the one with the actual color. Use the other bottle. I combed it through my daughter’s very long curly hair. She kept it on for about a half hour. Washed it out. I still had to go through her hair because a few eggs were still there. She was so infested. I hope you find something

Not sure if it works, but I’ve seen alot of moms say it keeps them away once you do comb through the hair.

1 Like

Believe it or not aero guard is sooo good!!!

I shaved my head… and then I started bleaching and dying it, idk if it’s true but I heard lice don’t like bleached or colors. Not saying do that just saying that that’s what I did and I haven’t had lice in years

1 Like

We went round and round. It isn’t about “dirty” it is about it spreading from child to child. For us it was a helmet the school made kids wear to play on a tricycle. Heat. If you can find an old hood hair dryer or one with the plastic cap, the heat will kill the lice and nits.

1 Like

You can’t just clean your house. You have to do the cars too because they can live anywhere there’s fabric. Cheap conditioner and a shower cap with a blow dryer then comb through it.
If she’s catching it at school report it.

2 Likes

Go to Dr and ask for NATROBA , only thing that got rid of it for us,and dry hair with hair dryer from then on, they hate heat

1 Like

Front line flea treatment for pets used it when my kids were little around the hairline kids never had headlice again

3 Likes

My mom used mayonnaise on our hair to get ride of it then we would use tea tree oil in shampoo at least once a week

1 Like

I tried everything and the only thing that has worked for us is hair dye

1 Like

It may be that since other kids also have it that she keeps getting it from them. Maybe one of the parents isn’t working on getting rid of them or not doing a good enough job with getting rid of them

Lice like to live on clean hair believe it or not. They don’t like dirty greasy or oily hair. So if she has lice it’s cause she is clean. Try using a hair straightener and burning the eggs

1 Like

Actually put mayos overnights and wash it out abd use tea tree oil shampoo for later on it stays away and lice attacks clean hair all the time

Smother the head in mayo and wrap in saran wrap. Idk how long but it works!

Listerine!!! My girls had lice multiple times from school and then we started putting Listerine in their hair and letting it sit for 30 minutes and then they would take a shower and we’d comb their hair and that was it they never got it again

Rid you can get it at CVS afterwards use hairspray everyday lice can not get into hairspray

Actually it’s the total opposite of being dirty . lice prefer really clean hair it’s easier for them to latch onto …mayo and home remedies don’t kill the eggs only live ones by suffocating them …if the daycare is not taking care of their area and toys , blankets,stuff toys than there is not much you can do …they do make a shampoo and conditioner that lice don’t like .the products contain rosemary switch to that kind and it might help

2 Likes

Go on TikTok if u have it and go to the lice angels I bought their product and it worked on my daughters hair !! Best stuff ever

Tea tree oil. Ten drops each shampoo. For a week.

1 Like

Mayonnaise … leave in cover with plastic wrap
Or get a prescription from the Pediatrician…
Ask for help at local Health Unit…?

Use a shampoo with coconut - keeps them away. We did that when t taught.

I grew up in Hawaii where lice was a huge issue we always had it growing up and then we’d treat it and six months later they’d be back. When I was around 10 or 11 we coated my hair in mayo after the treatment and they never came back again…not sure if it’s just a coincidence but :person_shrugging:

I tried alot of home remedies when my daughter got it, and the only thing that seemed to work was to take her to an actual lice clinic. Lice Clinics of America is where we went, just found one closest to us. It took about 3 hours, they did mine and hers when we went and we haven’t had a pronlem since. They also put an oil in that helped prevent any more while we cleaned up our house. They combed out all live bugs, and steamed our hair so all the eggs came out easy when combed or slid off (they did say we’d see eggs for the next 30 days but they were all dead) Expensive but honestly worth it to be rid of them. Will definitely do again if it’s a problem as she gets older.

I tried the pharmacy solutions, mayo and everything you tried and this detergent did the job …it’s cheap like $2 I left it for about an hour on both my daughters and it did the job…

Tea tree oil mixed in with a suave shampoo ( i used coconut), use it as if it was rid, put a shower cap on head, wash hair and come thru it. 1 treatment is all I ever had to do with my kids
Dump out a little bit of the shampoo and dump in the whole bottle of tea tree oil shake well and apply to dry hair saturating the scalp and all cover 10 minutes rinse n wash as normal
And u can save unused if it does come back, or the next time they bring it home.
Make sure you r washing and drying all bedding or buying new either or works

Lice don’t get on dirty hair only clean hair. So washing your hair 3 times a day only makes it worse.

Soak head in mayo and sleep in it overnight. Lice love clean hair.

As long as the other parents don’t treat and don’t clean… your daughter will always have… never ending cycle! I battled this a few years ago with my youngest daughter… she. I really he’s $500 in Products… o had enough… I called the principle and had a fit! Nothing changed until school was out for the summer and she moved classrooms and classmates!! We never had it again!

Home remedies don’t work… yea tree oil… coconut oil… all a myth… keep using the lice products or her her pediatrician to call you on a shampoo… that’s the best! Good luck… I feel for you!!

Spray Listerine or rubbing alcohol & wrap up in a Walmart bag :woman_shrugging: wouldn’t use it too often tho bc it’s reeeall rough. And then tea tree for prevention.

I heard that Mayonaise did the trick for someone who tried everything else

We just dealt with lice. If the daycare isbt taking precautions and still.letting kids attend then you will never get rid of it

I had it in my house for 3 months. Washing pillows, cleaning the couch, bedding you name it. I even went as far as cleaning the baseboards and anywhere that hair could fall. I went threw my daughter’s hair everyday. My oldest I put oil in her hair and let it sit and then I combed with a lice comb. My youngest just sat there thankfully. I ended up bagging all of their stuffies and putting them in garbage bags and they sat in that bag for a long time until I knew they were clear and then it was gone thankfully.

Listerine!!! Listerine in a shower cap for an hour or so. Comb it out. All good to go! Then start to use tea tree oil to prevent!

Have you tried mayonnaise?

Tea tree oil shampoo!

Well being too clean can cause lice as well so maybe that’s ur problem and why nothings working ur doing it too much tell her to stop showing 3 times a day 1ce is good enough!!!

Chemicals will dry her hair out and they are so expensive. l Buy a big jug of mayonnaise and a shower cap. Rub it into her scalp and Slather her hair with the mayo THICK. Put on the shower cap.and leave it on for an hour. Comb through her hair. Rinse and shampoo. Do that every three days three times. In between you can put a little oil on the nape of her neck to ward them off.

1 Like

you’ve said it yourself, you’ve cleaned her hair ,washed pillow cases , cleaned your house, you’ve done everything on ur end. As long as u keep taking her back to where other kids have lice it will be a never ending problem. I know it sucks if that’s ur only options but after u clean her hair out spray Listerine or tee tree oil to hopefully prevent them from wanting to nest in her hair

1 Like

She probably getting reinfected at the Daycare from some Child the Parents are not getting rid of them or. at the Daycare. Until that is taken care of it will continue to be a problem.

1 Like

Some kids seem to be really prone to reinfestation. We tried everything with my granddaughter, finally ended up dying her hair. All the washing and cleaning, thank goodness it’s not winter. Lots more laundry, good luck.

2 Likes

Lice love a clean head.
My daughter had it twice in her life and gave it to me once (we shared a hairbrush).
I took her to a lice clinic to make sure that they would be gotten rid of and it worked. I bagged all her stuffed animals she slept with and got a new hairbrush.

Spray this in her hair every day. They also have other products for treatment. They have been a lifesaver for us.

4 Likes

This helped me with my daughter’s hair

2 Likes

If you can get the lice brand resultz then use that. My house has went through it’s share of lice. Don’t forget backpacks and lunch bags if they contain fabrics and not plastic. The last time we where hit with lice we all just said screw it and did very short haircuts or went bald and then we cleared it up.

Green rubbing alcohol. Alot of it. Cover every bit of hair from root to tip. Do this for every household member. If it’s dripping all over just sitting on top of your head, then it’s enough. Even if it takes a whole bottle. Buy at least 4 bottles per person, just to be sure, Incase you have to treat it for more than one day. But if you’re extremely thorough with combing the very first time, you’ll only have to do this process once.
cover it in plastic as tightly as possible. Let it sit for at least an hour, probably longer would be better. But for really brittle hair, an hour should be fine. wash the alcohol out with hot water and Don’t shampoo or condition.
Comb everything out with a METAL nit comb… like, take your time. I spent 2 hours on my kid’s hair. Have a Ziploc bag with a alcohol soaked paper towel in it to wipe the comb on.
Zip it tightly. When you’re done combing it out.

Then, IMMEDIATELY AFTER COMBING, REAPEAT THE PROCESS

put alcohol on it AGAIN. let that sit for another 30 mins to an hour. rinse with hot water.
Comb out again with another alcohol-wet paper towel ( preferably a second comb, but the same one soaked in alcohol while the hair soaks again is fine)
And then blowdry and/or straighten the hair.
Do this every day until they’re gone. My grandmother swore by it.
But you have to keep combing until no nits come off the comb AT ALL, and nothing is in the hair. Or else you’ll have to start to treat it again in a week.
You have to comb the nits out. Every day. Until theres nothing coming out. It takes forever, but it’s worth it if you keep it up.
once you’re rid of them, you can do a preventative treatment once a month, and just do a check weekly… if you’re paranoid about them coming back… It’s been almost a year now we’ve been completely bug free :person_shrugging:

When I was a kid (it may sound weird but I never got it again!) my mom washed my hair in dawn, combed through, then put Mayonnaise in my hair and put a shower cap on and I slept in it over night, the next morning we washed with dawn dish soap again and then combed through it again and they all came out and NEVER got it again!

Not much if other kids aren’t being treated it’s just going to be a never ending battle sadly.

A good preventive like lemon myrtle and eucalyptus mixed in conditioner and water helps us.

1 Like

Get lice treatment spray for the bed, couch, chair, carpet ect. Treat everyone in the houses head wait a few days do it again! When you send her to daycare school whatever put her hair up you can get fairytale lice prevention spray or hair spray the crap out of her hair before sending her with it up in a bun or as close to her head as you can get it! The daycare needs to treat any carpet, cloth, stuffed animals in the facility as well or it will be a reoccurring issue! You also need to wash all bedding, stuffed animals anything cloth in your house that can go in the washer in hot water and dry it on the longest hottest setting on your dryer while you are spraying the lice spray all over the beds couches chairs carpet ect. It’s a lot of work!!

Something to remember…even though you treat the head, the furniture, clothing, bedding,jackets and backpacks so many people forget to treat their vehicles!! Treat your cars where the kids heads rub and rest against the seats!!! Its so important!

Head lice love clean hair so 100% not the problem. I would change how often she washes her hair as the hair creates natural oils that stop the lice from latching on.

Also a full house and car clean (car seats, beds, school items, carpets etc)

Also, could just be an age thing.

Live live in clean hair and I’m not sure,thankfully my kids never got lice.Good luck

I just got paid $10879 working off my laptop this month. And if you think that’s cool, my divorced friend has twin toddlers and made over $ 14038 her first month. It feels so good making so much money when other people have to work for so much less.

This is what I do… https://DollarpayDay118.pages.dev/

I’m proud to say I’m among the people benefiting from online trading, my gratitude to Mrs lisa jennifer shows for helping me achieve all my dreams in life. She elavates me financially, Today I’m living in my own apartment, doing things I was not able to do. Who ever that is reading this should contact Mrs. Lisa jennifer with the links down here and testify like me :point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

You want a better financial life then reach out to Mrs lisa jennifer. She helped me get out of my debt and now I earn 5 figures weekly from my Crypto investment. I really hope more people get on board and you can simply click on the link below to connect with her :point_right: :arrow_down_small:

I’m here to share the good new to everyone. How crypto trading has changed my life for Good. Well all thanks to Mrs lisa jennifer and who’ introduce me to this Business I’ve earned so much money and I can now pay up my Bills.I will advice you to invest on a right company click on the link and get started :point_down::point_down::point_down:

Geez…I’m glad I never dealt with it with my 2!

They love clean hair…after treatment use teatree oil every day to deter

2 Likes

You have to get every egg/nit out of her hair. If any eggs/nits are left behind after a treatment they will be back within 10 to 14 days. It’s a pain but in the past when I had this same issue, I found lice MD at Walmart I also believe you can find it at other stores or order online. This is safe to leave on your head as long as you need to, and helps make it easier to get the eggs/nits out. Sounds like you have everything else covered. I’d also get the lice protectant spray to put in her hair, or keep her hair up when she go’s to school and also put hair spray or gel in her hair , lice don’t like dirty hair they love clean hair. Wishing you the best of luck :yellow_heart: tea tree oil can also help to keep them away add it to her shampoo.

1 Like

Put mayo on her hair then brush it though hair then get nit comb the mayo makes them slide out even the eggs and also makes hair nice and shiiney really does work xxxx

2 Likes

N then every day put teetree spray on hair there hate it xxxx

1 Like

Google lice removal salons on your area. We have a fantastic salon call Miracle Sisters lice removal. They have saved my families sanity. My kids were constantly battling lice and I was going crazy washing and sanitizing. After finding this salon my kids have gone for three years without lice. They comb every single strand of hair . No toxic shampoos , no sanitizing the entire house. They physically remove all of the lice and nits so there’s no continuous cycle. They also do school/ daycare education seminars . Totally worth looking in to

2 Likes

Soak hair with olive oil. Put cap on. Sleep over night like that. It suffocates them. Repeat for a couple nights.

Tea tree oil shampoo will prevent them from coming back and kills them.

Tea tree oil. I read that lice have become resistant to regular shampoos and treatments. Do teatree oil and wrap her head in plastic. Good luck! Hopefully it will work for prevention as well

1 Like

You have to be very thorough. Every morning and every night! Use the lice treatment shampoo and go through small sections of hair with the nit comb. Use tea tree oil. We dried her hair and used a hot flat iron day & night as well. Took about 5-6 days. It’s a long annoying process, but if you half ass it, they’re not going away.

Once you treat put coconut oil and a shower cap on her head overnight.comb comb comb.wash her hair comb comb comb.did I say comb.continue to comb.

1 Like

Flea bomb every room in your house, get new pillows, wash bedding and do the hair lice treatment all the same day. They will be gone. Maybe do a 2nd hair treatment as well

coconut oil works too

for after treatment. the brand Fairy tails has a preventative water based spray that you can use on her and all her things before she leaves the house. you can even use it on car seats. it has an 8 hour life span and is organic and smells nice. lice dont jump or fly so put her hair up when she goes to day care.

1 Like

If other kids in their school or daycare have them and she’s in close proximity to them, she will continue getting them. You probably need to comb her out daily until everyone’s child is under control. You can do all the treatments pay for whatever but if she’s in close contact with someone else who has it, she’ll get them again.