How to get rid of lice?

Flea shampoo. Might sound weird but it works

Everybody gets treated same day. Do it again.

Tea tree oil and baking soda mix

I just heard coca cola kills them but never tried it.

I’ve heard tea tree oil helps!

Smear Vicks on your head. The petroleum gel kills them

Me and my girls had hairlice so this is what I did and it worked 100%

Per person depends on how long or short the hair is. If you need more double the amount

3-4 lemon juice
3-4 tablespoon Dettol

Mix well apply from rooth till down .live for 1 hour. Shampoo

Nxt day again remove lemon juice only and apply.keep 1 hour. Wash.

Tho you will see results in just 1 use. But for safe side do it agn .

Remove all bedsheets pillow cases clots and wash. Keep in Dettol for hour n dry it in sun. That goes with hair brush and pin.

Don’t forget to wash/treat car seats!!

Tea Tree oil: put it in the shampoo, the laundry detergent, it works WONDERS!

We used coconut oil. Expeller pressed virgin and coated the head so thick and used a shopping bag and put it tight around the head. Over night and washed the hair the next day and omg they just about all of them rinsed down the drain they were dead from suffication from the oil. I used the comb to get the few last ones out and they were gone!!! It really works. She has gotten them again about a year later. I did the same treatment and again it worked!!! And her hair loved the coconut treatment at the same time win win!!!

My granddaughter had them bad we used everything we could get no help I ordered some natural shampoo it worked the first time

Ive always wanted to give advice on one of your posts but i never get a chance lol every time i see a post its already got over 400 comments on it. Whats the point? Anything i have to say has probably been said already… sooo unfollowing. No point on being on this page if i cant give advice.

Green rubbing alcohol and a metal lice comb

You have to clean EVERYTHING in your house, my friend also had really bad lice in High School and after using over the counter meds and picking the eggs out (the meds don’t kill the eggs, so if you don’t pick them all out with a comb, they will rehatch and reinfest) she colored her hair and the ammonia or something similar from the hair dye ended up killing the rest of for her, so if some of your children are older, I would almost recommend trying that if nothing else is working

coconut oil.
saturate hair with coconut oil, let sit for 1 hour. wash and comb out nits. may take two washings to get out all of the oil. wash all bedding, blankets, towels, bag up stuffed animals for 30 days, spray mattresses with lice/ bedbug spray. wipe down or vaccuum all furniture especially backs of chairs and couches.

Tee tree oil saturate

Nit comb and Nix shampoo

Red wine vinegar and a nit comb

Tea tree shampoo helps

Mayonnaise under a shower cap. It will smother them. Then ya know, just burn the house down and start over.

Where are you located?

Blow dry and straighten the heat will kill them

Try Dawn dish liquid ,it gets fleas off of dog’s

I’ve used mayo slathered on the entire head and let sit with plastic wrap or shower cap on. Remember though whatever you use has to be redone every 3 to 5 days several times because the eggs will hatch new ones regularly. Wash all bedding in hot water and put all stuffed animals and toys like that and a garbage bag sealed shut for over 7 days

Alchohol lean over tub pour rubbing alcohol on head helps the itch and puls nits and bugs out. Pour all over head massage through hair comb over bath tub so you can rinse down drain. Works and leaves hair shiny

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How to get rid of lice? - Mamas Uncut

Did you check what she’s sleeping with? Could be something simple as a doll/stuffed animal or a fave toy wig too

3 Likes

Mayonnaise… coat the head! It works! Don’t pay money for treatments. I have lived this with 6 kids.

7 Likes

Caster oil. Put it on heads put a shower cap or plastic bag over it all day and then wash it out with as hot as water as they can stand and comb the knits out

Get black people products like afro hair sheen and keep in her hair

5 Likes

Dr can prescribe a pill

2 Likes

Are you treating the car? A lot of people forget to do it.

2 Likes

Just gotta comb everyday and shampoo hair. I spent 3 hours combing my kids hair and did the vinegar treatment. I also have coconut oil to put in it too

1 Like

Stuffed animals need to be in air proof bags for at least 2 weeks. Treat bed and pillows and everywhere she lays her head. Wash everything in hot water and dry it on high heat

4 Likes

Original Listerine is a deterrent. Spray her hair with the listerine mixed with some water and saturate her hair with it. Put a shower cap on for about 20 min. Let it dry. Wash hair. It’ll kill the live lice and prevent new live ones from getting on her hair, but won’t kill the eggs. We learned this when my oldest started kindergarten many years ago. Spray her hair every few days. Good luck.

2 Likes

We put tea tree oil in our shampoo.

1 Like

You need to treat 3x over 3 weeks to break the cycle.
Wash all of her things separately on a hot wash.
Change her towel and bedding after each treatment.

1 Like

Mayonnaise and coke cola soda

1 Like

Use a flat iron as if you’re straightening her hair. The heat is supposed to kill the nits and bugs.

2 Likes

Coconut shampoo, her coat and your car

Okay but is she sharing clothing items with a friend at school whose parents aren’t treating this issue? My daughter had a classmate whose parents sadly ignored the child lice issue😩

2 Likes

Any oil based product should help … tea tree oil, coconut oil just saturate hair and cover for an hour then wash and use nit comb to finish. May have to repeat a few times!!! Also vacuum and throw all stuffed animals and curtains in the dryer for about half an hour!! RINSE AND REPEAT!!! Can take some time but don’t give up it gets better!!! :yellow_heart::yellow_heart::yellow_heart:

1 Like

We just had this happen to us, our daughter came home with it from school and the nurse suggested over the counter treatments. I did my own research and found a place called naughty nits. We called and made an appointment and had all of us checked (we have 3 kids as well) the only other person that had it besides her was me. We were both treated there and during I asked a TON of questions. The over the counter stuff doesn’t work anymore because of the pesticides in them and in the sprays (the lice are immune to it) its pretty much a super lice thats around right now. I would see if there is something like that on your area to go to. They guarantee to get rid of it!!! I will warn you it was not cheap by any means, but we haven’t had any issues since!!!

1 Like

Go get professionally treated. It’s expensive but worth it

2 Likes

Even if you think she is the only one getting it you need to also treat yourself and dad’s hair and belongings not just her and siblings

1 Like

Call her doctor and ask for a prescription shampoo. Used to have this issue with my daughter every school year until about 2 years ago, and haven’t had it since! I believe it’s called natroba.

1 Like

Alcohol kills nits as well as the bug. My daughter was 5. I just combed it in. I didn’t want to pour it over her head. She had cork screw curls. I used a regular comb. I did it every day for a week. By the end if the week the nits were white. Dead. But you must treat all pillows and bedding. Even the mattress. Also the car and any hats. Or brushes and combs.

2 Likes

Coconut shampoo and lice treatment every 7-10 days comb and check head every day . Wish you the best of luck .

1 Like

If nothing is working at all… try using ammonia based hair dye and dye everyone’s hair… it kills and slicks the hair so that eggs can’t stick to the hair…

1 Like

Yellow listerine. Then wrap hair for 20 minutes

1 Like

Mayo in her hair let it sit for 2 ish hours. Wash it out and fine comb. It’s smothers them. Had to do this for my son when he was in kindergarten a couple of times.

2 Likes

Tee tree oil and olive oil together

1 Like

Also helpful to keep her hair tied back…ponies…braids…

1 Like

Doctors can proscribe something for it. I had this problem with my kids for months. Then after treatment I started using shampoo that has tea tree oil in it. Herbal essence shampoo and conditioner

1 Like

Call doctor they will give you prescription shampoo.

2 Likes

Olive oil and a metal comb for lice try Sally’s ( most places only have small plastic ones/ no good) wash Everything in hot water.
Bless your heart I remember when my kids in school .

1 Like

I’ve heard mayonnaise works really well

1 Like

Use LiceFree. It kills the nits too. It’s pesticide free. I would use it every few days until they are gone. I used to use it every few weeks as a preventive too. You just spray it on (saturate the hair) and let it dry. If her hair is long and thick you may need 2 bottles.

3 Likes

Best thing is olive oil. You do not need to wash anything they cannot live without living in the hair. Your gonna put it in and leave it on for a night then again on the 3rd day ,6th,9th and 12th. When you put the olive oil in do it on everyone in the home. And comb until you can’t anymore. On everyone. This ensures that all bugs and attached eggs are coming out. Once the eggs are detached they will die.
From a lice doctor this is what is recommended. And it has worked every time.

2 Likes

My daughter was vary susceptible to lice for some unknown reason. So after baging every thing up , cleaning, spraying, washing her hair ect , I started using clairol hair mouse I use tons each day and did pulled back pony or braid. They wont lay eggs on the hair mouse it seems . I also had the kids change clothes in laundry room after school and put straight in washer . Also blow dry hair lots .

1 Like

I wash my daughters hair only once a week, on Friday’s… Never has had lice. They get into clean hair. My daughter is blonde and her hair does great for doing it this way

2 Likes

Use a hair dryer it kills them by drying them out

Hair spray and hair pulled back keeps from catching lice… gel for boys.

1 Like

We had an issue about 6 months before the pandemic, just couldn’t get rid of them and all the normal treatments didn’t work. Vamousse worked, $20 at Walmart

I’ve had that problem before and had to get the Dr to prescribe meds to get rid of it and it really worked.

I work in child care and these are the things most people missed. Have you treated your car? All stuff animals and cloth toys ( including doll clothes) need to me put in a trash bag for 30days. All hair brushes, combs, hair bows and hair ties need to be boiled or threw away. All coats jackets and book bags needed to be washed in hot water and put in .dryer . Use teA tree oil shampoo daily. I hope this helps.

Bag up all stuffed animals in the house spray everything. See if you have a lice treatment please near you an make an appointment … I had to do this when I had 3 girls in the home right after I had my last baby.I was blessed an had a great friend that went to my home while at the lice place an bagged all the stuffed animals in my home for us an stripped an cleaned the beds an vacuumed an cleaned the whole house .I get so nerve wrecking when I just think my daughter has it that I treat her hair regardless at times an she shampoos her hair with lice treatment randomly as well.I put tea tree an lavender in her shampoo an conditioner bottles an we have sprays of the oils an spray beds etc

Mayo with a plastic bag with a shower cap for couple hours upto over night. It kills them and the eggs

3 Likes

The school needs to check all kids in her class when all gets rid of the she will to… someone in class still has them

1 Like

Shampoo conditioner and hair products with coconut oil will help prevent lice

1 Like

when my daughter was in grade 4 she was the only one that was getting them i would treat her, spend hours and hours getting all the eggs out. she would be clean for a few days then she would get them again. she had them 6 or 7 times before i discovered that her teenage sitter had them and that she was infesting the couches at home and at the boys and girls club as well as my daughters bed. she would lay down on all of these and as soon as the couches and mattress was removed and she no longer was at the house they stopped. so you need to find out what she is having her head laid on away from home. if she lays on the couch she has put the eggs in the couch and her bed as soon as you get rid of the bed and couch and find out source you will get rid of them. i even cut my daughters hair from butt length to a pixie cut to try and get rid of them the only way was get rid of the source

Mayonnaise alot all over the hair get the plastic bags like cvs gives you had put on ur child head for hour then wash brush get that medal lice comb sell cvs

1 Like

Do they ride the bus? I had that issue growing up. As soon as I quit riding the bus I never got them again

1 Like

Honestly it’s expensive but I went to someone professionally and we been lucky! I spent $100’s to do myself. Drove myself nuts! Never got it right! Than we went professionally and it was done in 1 shot

Listerine Gold mouthwash. Olive oil and wash, vacuum, and clean EVERYTHING

1 Like

Apparently ivermectin is used to treat them but we can’t get from Dr in Aussie ATM. I wish I knew about this when my daughter went to school. Hair to her bum cost me a fortune over the years with over the counter products. Tried tea tree and lavender in conditioner and olive oil only worked for short time

1 Like

The over the counter stuff doesn’t kill super lice. We had this issue. I finally had to take her to the doctor and he prescribed us prescription medication

Vaseline!!! And I know it’s the craziest thing to think of for lice or putting in your hair. I have very thick very curly long hair. As a kid it was also blonde :weary::weary: I kept lice as a child I’m talking if a kid at the other side of the school got it the principal called my mama. until my mama had someone tell her to do Vaseline we covered my hair in it and put on a shower cap over night took forever to get it out but I have never in my life had lice again. My daughter was having the same problem where she was treated almost every day because we get it all out and then get it again and the Vaseline has worked for us. No more crazy lice treatments

Have u tried listerin mouth wash and vinegar

1 Like

So totally not the safest to inhale but I have drenched my kids head in rubbing alcohol, wrapped her hair in a plastic bag
And it suffocated the bugs
Combed and picked her hair
For HOURS
Bagged up every single thing that can’t be washed
Took everyone’s bedding to the laundry mat (so it can all be done at once)
Vacuumed all
Rugs, bought all new pillows
Sprayed couches beds
I always kept my
Kids hair up with mouse and hair spray

1 Like

A big bottle of coke

1 Like

My daughter had it once and was gone in two days. Used blue mouthwash in a spray bottle. Put a cap for an hour. Then used a lice comb and brushed them all out. Then washed her hair. The next day, used coconut oil. Capped it, left it all day Then used the lice comb and they came right out. Then washed her hair. After that it was gone. But I gave her hair a break for a day and did it again for two days. They were all gone and never came back and no one else in the house got it. Didn’t even wash all stuffed or anything other than bedsheets and pillowcases

Mayo and a blow dryer

We use Fairy-tale Lice Prevention shampoo and conditioner and it has seemed to work better than anything

1 Like

I always found the best, cheapest way was to wash hair then condition with cheap conditioner and brush it through hair then get a nit comb and comb it through hair removing all lice. Put head down and comb from nape of neck forward then rinse out. I used to check hair once a week and put comb through just in case. I made up a spray bottle of water few drops of tea tree oil and a scented oil ( lavender, rose) just so tea tree wasn’t strong smelling and put that on hair every morning before brushing. There is obviously someone she is sitting next to at school maybe that is reinfecting her.

Mix equal amount of alcohol and white vinegar saturate hair completely tie a grocery bag on head ( to keep heat in ) wait 30-45 mins shampoo out and done Wash all bed clothes dry at least an hour spray entire room and car all furniture and should be done

I’ve used Olive oil/cooking oil and vinegar. Works wonders. The eggs easy to remove with oil . Lice don’t like vinegar. I mixed 1x oil to 1x vinegar. Leave in hair for as long as child handles it. With shower cap on. Then rinse. Shampoo afterwards

1 Like

Mayonnaise. Real Mayonnaise. Saturate her hair with globs of it, covering every inch and focusing on her scalp. Wrap her hair in a plastic bag and have her sleep with it over night preferably but a few hrs works too. Rinse and wash like normal. Then lice comb and pick out all nits. Use a metal lice comb not plastic. The off smell will go away after a day. This is all natural and actually good for her hair. Depending on how bad the lice are you’ll need to do this again about a week later. And again if needed. No lice treatment is a one time deal. This takes time and persistence. New nits hatch and are hard to see as they tend to match hair color. Most will say they are about a half inch from the scalp but the newly laid ones are actually right on the scalp and hard to see. Message me with any questions

Saturate hair with mayo! Otherwise sounds like she needs a prescription treatment sometimes lice get immune to the over the counter treatments. I have a very curly haired daughter and lice has loved it over the years for whatever reason! Lice free gel has always worked wonders the spray in is great as well leave on for allotted time. Make sure to comb every nit egg and bug out of her hair my daughter always used the lice free shampoo with regular shampoo and conditioner for days after. I washed her pillows in hot water along with all the bed covers and all stuffed animals and accent pillows get sprayed with lice spray home shield and bagged up for over a week! If one egg or knit is left behind they hatch and boom she’ll have them all over again!

My daughters got it so much this year in school I was so fed up but I put all their stuffed animals in dryer on high for an hour washed all bedding in super hot water with lysol sanitizer then I steam cleaned their beds and washed pillows same as blankets. For their hair I used lice treatment and then use lice shampoo and then when I combed it out I used a lice killing spray. Then about hour later when it was dry I sprayed hair down again and let it dry then combed out again. I also put all brushes hair ties ect in boiling hot water and mouth wash

My mom used mayo… it reeked and I couldn’t eat sandwiches for awhile after but it worked

Might have to go see Dr when I was a kid they gave me rx for lice it stunk… boiled brushes and combs in a pot of boiling water… steam clean mattresses and furniture,wash linens in hot water and the dryer on hottest setting… rid x for lice doesnt work

1 Like

Maybe coconut oil… cheap mayonnaise like from save a lot. Your hairs gonna stink. But boy will it be smooth and silky and shiny afterwards

Mayonnaise under a shower cap for 24 hours.

A prescription. Go to the doctor, they have pills now

Lice free is the only thing I’ll ever use again it kill the nuts too and doesn’t smell nasty a f
Although my daughter hasn’t had lice in like 3 years lol. She got it from a neighbors kid the last time she had it.

I had this problem a few years ago i too tried everything it looked like i was making a soup outa my child in the tub maynaise oil all that good stuff plus the max strength prescribed stuff nothing worked Try Listerine the blue one soak the hair leave over ngt or as long as possible wash out comb out the dead ones bonus your hair will look great :rofl: let me know how it goes don’t forgettable wash all bedding

You have to go thru her hair with a fine tooth comb. To get all the eggs.

1 Like

My Mom always said that child is a breeder ??? Wash all pillows bedding , spray all furniture , car interior, clothes, anywhere she has been . Til this day what did my Mom mean by breeder ??

1 Like

Apply tree oil mint shampoo on hair with shower cap let sit for couple hours
Rinse off apply conditioner, than apply heat with blow dryer or flat iron following these steps with combination of removing visible lice and nits will help a lot
I will treat other siblings as well

1 Like