How to get rid of roaches?

Call a pest control company. Easiest safest and cheapest.

Boric acid buy it at the dollar store

Why do you have roaches…do you live in a house or apartment???

1 Like

I use combat in the tube. Put it out every three months.

So I live in the south. I’m originally from Ohio. I get the pellets to spread in the yard (DO NOT DO IF YOU OWN DOGS THAT ROLL IN THE GRASS) and water that down. Then we spray outside the foundation and all the doors. Then inside in all the cabinets and pantry in the kitchen. It will also help to keep bagged food in resealable containers. This is what we do to keep roaches, spiders and ants out. We’ve never had an infestation or problem. Also setting traps in your attic or near vents bc roaches like to use them as expressways.

Get Boom chemical it’s sold in most of the supermarkets in Lusaka it’s very fast and effective.you will testify on that.believe me or not you will never complain of chemicals again.

Go to the DIY pesticide place if you have one in your area an tell them your problem they will help find what is best for your “issue” I had the same problem an now I don’t. I now spray my home every other month an i went from being infested to maybe seeing one here or there but the spray I have also makes it to where they can’t reproduce so they eventually die off. Also seal up any cracks that will help as well. I spent about 200$ but it was so worth it.

Call a professional!

Get the roach doctor gel at Amazon really works

Get a professional to spray. :grinning:

If the infestation is that bad then you need professionals

3 Likes

Call an exterminator 100%

1 Like

Trust me roaches are hard to get rid of… whatever you do DO NOT USE RAID it does kill them but then they build up immunity towards it and they will go find places to hide and have babies and it makes it so much worse.
We tried everything we had to move out our house… if you cant move then your best bet is to call pest control

This is what we used when we had them. Thankfully when we ended up moving we didn’t bring any with us… Robot or human?

Combat 100% it works!!

1 Like

Boric acid and the sticky pads. Behind ,under fridge stove, kitchen sink bathroom baseboards etc.

Boric Acid works wonders put good amount under and around stove and fridge. But boric acid is not quick kill over a period of a few weeks you should start seeing fewer and fewer. Sweep up and replace boric acid about every 4 to 6 weeks

Use bait. The best one I’ve found is the one in a big syringe. Rebait every week to start with then every 2 weeks

Call orkin seems like a infestation that needs a professional

You will come out cheaper calling Orkin. They do monthly plans and financing it’s worth the peaceful sleep at night.

The advion stuff someone suggested earlier is probably your best bet, I ended up with them when my ex mother in law moved in with us because she had nowhere to go. Her stuff was roach infested and before I knew it so were we. Tried all other stuff even had professionals come out but the roaches didn’t go anywhere. I ordered it off Amazon and it killed all of them quickly. Haven’t seen a roach in years now.

2 Likes

The only way to get them gone is to call an exterminator.

1 Like

We used Combat Roach Baits (they have different stuff so to not confuse you, its the square ones they walk in.) I would post a picture but my phone doesn’t have storage. Before we moved in with our roommate, he killed ALL the roaches he had with this and he had roaches and mice bad when he moved in. We are currently trying them for a mild issue with them. I think they’re mostly gone already tho, this is just reassurance lol. They go in it and eat whats inside and go die some where. I like it because we have 5 kids and it is safe for them considering the posion is inside. Definitely a good option even if you try another method!

i used advion gel bait i found it on amazon and girl lemme tell you it WORKS. i had a horrible infestation in this trailer i lived in and i could NOT get rid of them. i tried EVERYTHING, but someone recommended this gel bait to me and i read the reviews on amazon and i bought it. within a few days of putting it out there were dead roaches EVERYWHERE. and when i moved into my new apartment, there were roaches from the previous tenants and i used it here too, and i have zero roaches. i even kept all my electronics from the trailer i lived in and haven’t had any at all in over 3 years. it works i promise you.

2 Likes

I live in a climate where roaches thrive. If they are that bad it’s best to bring in an exterminator.

Our friends purchased a house with roaches they called an exterminator and they like tented the whole house. I don’t think they’ve seen them since.

I saw a video of a guy mixing boric acid with peanut butter and placing it small
Containers through the house. They roaches will eat it and take it to the nest and slowly kill off the nest. Haven’t tried it but it’s worth a shot.

Everyone already posted really good things for getting rid of them, but I would recommend getting plastic storage for food items to keep them gone. You can do dollar store or Walmart, but keeping them gone us the trick.

I spent about $40 at Walmart and put all my rice, flour, snacks, bread, etc. In plastic containers. Good luck!

Just get it done before baby gets there. And bag then wash all baby’s stuff and surfaces . Cover the mattress

Call pest control services. Use a local one. They won’t charge as much as the big named ones. If you have German roaches just go ahead and call the pros in. Its a head long battle and one my parents fought and lost for years until I called my local pest control service

1 Like

Go to Amazon order tempo sc for use in sprayer and advion bait this will take care of issue must use for atleast 3 months to keep them away

Boric acid mixed with peanut butter!!

Main thing is no matter what you do, you need to get rid of any cardboard. They LOVE cardboard. Put all your cardboard pantry food into containers and etc. This includes the fridge as well bc they love the smell and will go in there! We used a organic spray from home depot that worked WONDERS. It’s kid and pet safe as well. We lived in Cleveland and ONE house was infested and they traveled from house to house on the street. Also if you spray, make sure to spray IN your appliances as well.

2 Likes

It also comes in A tube.

Depends what type of roaches you have. German roaches are the worst and yes you’ll need an exterminator. For every one you see there are 100 more you dont. Good luck

Call Orkin best thing you can do with a newborn

1 Like

Diatomaceous earth. I personally powder my whole house before going to bed. Then in the morning I sweep it up. It’s made a huge difference I almost have none now.

2 Likes

Get some of the combat that’s in a tube It’s bait and brown. U put it where u know they will go and they carry it back to the others and it kills them all. It’s better than the bombs. Exterminator ur looking at ab 150 . Call to the ones that are self employed and own the business vs big names like terminex. They r cheaper and offer much better plans. I had a door to door sales person come the other day he was pricing almost half of what the big name companies were.

1 Like

Call an exterminator and have them come back once a month until they are gone. If you live in an apartment they will just come back. We moved into an apartment that was infested we had no idea at the time. It took moving and an exterminator to get ride of them. Didn’t see them again for years until we bought a fridge off fb.

Please have someone else get rid of them, professional or family because the chemicals are probably bad for your baby

1 Like

Borax look it up but have some one else do it

the Ortho for ants works miracles. just be careful bcz the odor is very strong. it goes under all appliances, furniture and along baseboards u may also consider to proffesionally fumigate even d yard bcz what u have is a roach infestation.

Borox acid just make sure kids don’t get into it… put boric acid with a little powered sugar behind stove fridge etc it will kill them plus they take it back to nest will kill them also.

2 Likes

Bomb, then bomb again exactly 14 days later. This gets the eggs that have hatched and they don’t have time to make new ones you didn’t get on the first round. If you are in an apartment, unless your neighbors also bomb,it won’t do much good.

2 Likes

If it is German roaches it may mean you have a leak somewhere. They are drawn to water.

1 Like

diatomaceous earth…it’s very fine white powder; dispense it with: https://smile.amazon.com/Harris-Diatomaceous-Powder-Duster-Extension/dp/B01LRMN9ZM/ref=sr_1_38?dchild=1&keywords=diatomaceous+earth&qid=1622485495&sr=8-38

use Zevo bug spray safe to use around kids or pets

You can wash fabric with tea tree to keep them away from couches bed closets ect but definitely need exterminator :disappointed:

We used the black lil combat square boxes and it helped a great deal! We had roaches like crazy in 1 rm. My father is a hoarder I care for him and I got rid of them on my own! But you have to constantly be cleaning, wiping put all your stuff up in containers. Its not an easy fix it takes a lot of hard work. And throw anything they crawl into!

Exterminator is not expensive!

Call a pest control company to your house.

This stuff is the absolute best! Gets rid of them and then I just put new ones out when they run empty and it keeps them away!

By the time you pay for all of the things suggested in here, you could have paid for an exterminator with a guarantee. :blush:

1 Like

Combat max gel, about 8 bucks at Walmart, took care of our problems in a matter of days.

I’d move out in different shelter (if possible) for a MONTH… Clean (toss anything food related) BOMB, spray, don’t live in for a month (worked In a place my parents had to rent when I was a little kid) :woman_shrugging:t2:Good luck my :pray:t4:

I sprayed the inside and outside of my house initially. Now I spray around the outside of my house once every three months. I not sure the brand matters, but I use Raid. Make sure to cover the edge of the foundation (for termites), around windows and doors, any openings to the attic, and where the roof and house meet. Good results so far for several years.

Try the ultra sonic pest repellers! The plug in ones and make sure it’s enough for one in every room. It was my last option and so far so good!

Food grade Diatomaceous Earth you can also try tea tree oil…a few drops here and there all over the house… that got rid of all the ones that came with my new refrigerator

1 Like

Diatematious earth powder. I buy it at tractor supply. Safe for animals. I use it on my cats to kill fleas and feed it to my pet pig to prevent worms and parasites. The lady I got my pig from toldme she puts some in her coffee to prevent her from getting anything since she has a lot of birds and chickens and pigs.

We had luck with Advion gel in a Florida apartment. Small dots placed in out of the way spots. It attracts them and kills them and their nest.

1 Like

My intro biology professor suggested that people who have kids and pets use powdered plaster of Paris. Sprinkle it around the baseboards, in cupboards, etc. They get it on their legs, lick it and die bc it plugs them up.
However, we use and exterminator and I have them bomb our attic 3-4 x /year. We live in Houston.

1 Like

I had roaches, They came from next door when they moved, my husband & I did everything for 3 months, finally called a professional, gone in 3 days. Stayed gone, its been 4 years now, you CANNOT get rid of them on your own.:heart:

1 Like

Rather than sprinkle the borax powder all around your house go to a do it yourself pest control. They will sell you a tube of stuff that you place around the house in half inch lines on a small piece of foil. It’s the same as borax which is boric acid. They carry it back to the others and within two weeks you have no bugs.

2 Likes

Use a lid from something like a coffee can lid, put powdered boric acid in it and place under your sink , stove and refrigerator. Someplace where pets and children cannot reach. The roaches crawl through it then lick their legs and die . I promise I never had a roach in the last 40 years and never used bug sprays.

2 Likes

I use home defense you can get it at home depot. Spray around every baseboard and inside all cupboards and closets. Do the whole perimeter of your home

1 Like

They will get behind your kitchen cabinets! If you truly want to get rid of them forever it takes a professional.

2 Likes

Boric acid you put it in a squirt bottle and put a perimeter under all the baseboard and perimeter of cabinets and house it’s not toxic to children

Be careful if you buy second hand items. Refrigerators, washers, dryers, ovens, dishwashers, clothing. They hide in them. Check and clean anything you may bring inside your home.
I used the “The Roach Motel” and roach bait when I had them in an apt years ago. It worked. I never saw them again. I was there for 5 years.
Put them everywhere.

2 Likes

There is some fire ant powder…you can get …it stinks but i promise no roaches in less than a week…im a from the country…and it works wonders…everyone uses it…and if you stay in connected apartments…it works as well…they will carry it back to the nest

2 Likes

Ortho Home Defense product sold by Lowe’s, Walmart, Home Depot and other hardware stores is a great product. Comes with sprayer attachment. Spray around perimeter of room every 3-6 months. If you see a roach, he will be dead. Also good for any other insects. Will not stain floor or carpet.
It’s a great product $7.95- $12.95 a gallon depending on where you purchase.

1 Like

Boric acid powder(roach prufe) sprinkle under the stove, fridge, washer, dryer. Anyplace that they might crawl thru away from people and pets. Also baits.

1 Like

Get some tempo that would definitely help just break a little bit about the cornerof the house in every room bathroom and everything guarantee Iuhave no roaches

I don’t we’re you live but thier a thing called sniper it in a white little bottle they sell it on the streets

Spread boric acid along all baseboards and window sills and any places dark amd damp, like under sinks and in
Cabinets. They will take it back to nest. They will die. Can get it in many stores or online. Put all food stuffs into sealable plastic bags. It works.

Get those glue traps for mice and put them along the perimeter of the rooms and anywhere else you see them. Tell landlord

ACE Hardware has a gel that comes in a tube. Place in trafficked areas give it a week and no more roaches forever. I can’t remember the name of it because it was years ago and still…no roaches.

Boric acid & it’s not harmful to pets or humans. It’s a powder, dump it it cabinets on the floor, sweep it into the edges & corners.

Bengal is the best. You will see dead roaches months after. Spray all around your kitchen base boards and under cabinets. Also in the bathrooms

Those sticky sheets to catch mice…put them everywhere you have seen roaches especially in places in the dark like kitchen and bathroom around washer and hot water heater. Tske garbage out everynight…never leave dirty dishes overnight and never leave pet food and water out…surprise=leave about 2 inches of soapy water in your sink over night…leave cups of sweet drinks and coffee on your table…you will be shocked how many you kill

Black flag concentrate. Lowes. May have to order it on-line. Spray outside only. Use twice a month.

Combat works for small German roaches. And there is one also for the big palmetto roaches.worked like a miracle for us

I dont have roaches and they dont seem to be prevalent in my part.of the country…but I make it a point to use a 1 1/2 gal. Pump sprayer and use Demon WP (wettable powder) insecticide and spray around the outside of the house every three or four minutes. I spray around windows doors screens eves…in the garage on the garage floor and along any potential entry way. Also spray behind appliances and baseboards. Doesn’t take that long and its safe.
It will also kill crickets, wasps, dirt robbers, june bugs et al. Good luck.

I do not have roaches but there are spiders and centipedes or millipedes, those things with a lot of legs that come in from outside. I live in an apartment and for some reason there are a lot of insects outside. We have birds outside so I do not want to use anything harmful to them. They chopped down all the trees around my apartment but the birds are still around. They make a mess so I do not put patio furniture outside anymore. Besides having allergies, I am afraid of insects. My first year in this apartment, I had termites which had infested a tree beside my window and they were coming into my apartment. I kept calling apartment maintenance and they did not believe me until they took a sample from my wall under the window to a professional exterminator.

Use boric acid. Dust lightly everywhere you can. Doesn’t work Instanly.

When you get ready to eliminate the roaches, go to lowes or home depot or there .may be other places it’s available and get a large squirt bottle of boric acid, it’s a dry powder, and squirt it around base boards, under and behind appliances and in a few days the bugs will be gone. They dont die there, they track it back to the colony and very soon, no more bugs. It isn’t expensive a d leaves no odor or stain. It can be left as long as you want to leave it.

Get some Combat gel it is FANTASTIC and it works fast.

Borax and baking soda borax in laundry soap isle

if in an apartment the complex needs treatment they move from one apt to another.

There are baits you can put out. Maybe also call an exterminator?

My suggestion is to call a pest control company.

1 Like

Call an exterminator - you may need more than one treatment, but they will eliminate them!

1 Like

This stuff is awesome I promise you it will work!

The best is to hire a pest control company. Raid works day by day. Close all your drains un your house. Sink. Tub. Shower. Any place the is a opening. Pest control by all means.

Move out and throw them eggs in the trash

We use the roach hotels

Compass pest control really good

Boric acid,it really works!!!

Ortho Fire Ant killer

Amazon sells it. You won’t regret buying it :blush: