How to get rid of roaches?

Buy Moreton power guard in a large plastic do it yourself bottle at Woolworths and spray around the inside of the house yourself I find dead cockles in the morning, it is good and cheap

They love to hide in cardboard boxes - probably under the bottom flaps. A friend’s landlord sprayed twice just weeks apart plus we took a look of his belongings out and replaced all cardboard boxes and either no roaches or very rare and random.

At night in my yard those small brown roaches fly around and get on us . I hate them . They come in on you and you don’t know it till you feel one on your neck , arm or hand !

Exterminator. Especially if you live in an apartment building. They can come from other apartments

2 Likes

Ive never even seen a roach I dont think we have them in New Zealand

Amazon sells roach killer by Advion, my daughter moved back home from Florida and brought them into my home.
I saved caps from bottles put a small amount and shoved them underneath kitchen appliances, it killed 3 different species all gone within a month, happy momma.

1 Like

Borax . Sprinkle it around the perimeter of your house. Then do the same under your stove, refrigerator, dishwasher. If they walk through it they will die.

11 Likes

Combat Gold I live in Florida and I haven’t had any in 27 years. I swear by it. I also was concerned when my grandson was born. Someone that lived in a mobile home told me about it. I haven’t used anything else .

3 Likes

If your in an apartment they can be commig from the neighbors house if they dont get rid of them they will keep comming…make sure every spec of food is put away at night no crumbs on counters nothing no dirty dishes left in sink at night make sure theres no crumbs in toaster at all also they come out at night more when the kitchen is dark they looking for food of anykind my sis had a problem in their country house in Hawaii damp area when u turn the light on in the kitchen at night they scatter everywhere!! the rainforest was her backyard but they were big ones couldnt get rid of them they just keep comming from outside…long story short dont know where you live theres no roaches where I live in Co. But my sis took my nephew to the doctor for rash on his face and the doctor said that it wasnt rash that it was roach bites they were nibbling on his mouth area for the milk drooling in his sleep!!! gross I know, but she moved so fast couldnt get rid of them the house was to old, but try the sticky papper traps it’s a piece of cardboard with sticky papper they crawl across and cant get off I bought them at a hardware store and we have an exterminator place called mug a bug and I went there and bought some sticky traps there many years ago I havent seen a roach here in Co. Though, but borax works great back in the day my mom would put it in baby food jar caps and put around the place

Old country remedy! Place hedgeapples around under cabinets and in corners. They won’t stay any where there are hedge apples.

2 Likes

Diatomaceous earth. Safe for animals but deadly to bugs. I put it behind furniture, back of cabinets, anyplace you don’t normally see. I live in the country and I get the big wood roaches that come in and also ants when it gets real wet. I never chase a bug down because I usually later find it dead, pick it up and dispose of it. I also put it around my dogs area to prevent fleas. Haven’t really had a roach problem since I started using it and it’s a natural non toxic solution.

16 Likes

Get some cocky paste, put it on all door hinges throughout the house. Also get cockie baits.this should fix your issues. Both can be found at bunnings

1 Like

Here’s an idea , call the professional, after 10 years of not being able to enjoy outside because of the :honeybee: , I called professional s and NO MPRE BEES FINALLY

1 Like

Stop spraying insecticide. Seal everything with caulk… Every crack every crevice every everything. If you have to, move. Your exposure to this much insecticide is not safe for you or the baby. Stop.

Or borax powder mix in honey. Leave it in corners to attract them. Works like a charm. Safer way.

Boric acid roaches breathe through their skin and boric acid suffocate them work for us borax for 32 years and this works

1 Like

We had such bad roaches until I used this tube and It got rid of them all . I havent seen any in 6 months…its called advion. Cockroach I swear your problem will be solved.

2 Likes

Combat
and cinnamon for ants. When you mop
put vinegar in water

3 Likes

Call an exterminator.

7 Likes

Pest control companies use something that they place small amounts around areas that is like a paste and you never see it or smell it.

1 Like

Raid Roach spray, and you must spray everything, door hinges, up above the cupboards, cupboard hinges, doors, I mean everything

1 Like

Use roach prufe brand powder
Put behind stove
Under sink and cabinets
They will never come back
It is BORIC ACID

There is a product called BLATTANEX in South Africa. I used it only once for a major infestation that I had many years ago. It worked! Have never seen roaches again. It comes in a tube & you apply miniscule amounts to cracks & crevices where the roaches may come in.

1 Like

Boric acid. Dollar tree has it, it kills the nest!

Combat max roach killing gel, combat traps, borax tablets

They eat boxes and paper bags and newspapers. Get rid of those!

Save your money! Boric acid. You can buy it at Walmart. Put it behind all your appliances, furniture, ect. In every room, behind furniture. Repeat once a month. About 3 or 4 bucks a bottle.

Place Bay leaves in cabinets and drawers and other places you can think of because they hate the smell and will move out, if you Google it you can see for yourself

Could be coming from neighbors homes

hardware stores have the most powerful powders

I use DEMON. its awesome. Spray good. Depending on how bad.

Moving may be a plan if nothing else works.

If you live in an apartment complex it may not be you. Even if you keep a clean house and do traps if another apartment in the same building has an infestation those roaches will continually invest your home and all the other apartments in that building.

It’s called Rodent Sheriff…10$ a bottle…

Call a trained professional. Your not going to win this fight with a creature that has survived how long?

Get an exterminator. It works

3 Likes

Yes boric acid on baseboards and an exterminator

2 Likes

Mix confectioner sugar with boric acid line your kitchen countertops and bathrooms with the powder the sugar attracts the roaches the boric acid will kill them

2 Likes

Someone told me vinegar in a cup not sure it worls

The exterminator used some kind of gel and got rid of them

1 Like

Professional help. It’s honestly the only thing that works

Billy the exterminator from Vex-Con

3 Likes

Google for an answer there are simple ideas to try good luck

Bengal Roach spray brings them out .

1 Like

I would definitely call the professional

Roaches hate dried laurel leaves.

If u have any type of contact paper with the sticky back they love the glue

Oh no I coulding deal with that I would move!

Line cabinets, etc w / boric acid .that will get rid of them.

Call a pest company. It’s worth it

They like to live under carpet
If you rent the land lord should pay for it

The money spent on Stuff , could pay for a professional exterminator. Make the call .

Call an exterminator. Drop the money for it and a hotel room for 1 night.

ORTHO is good . Raid is good too .

Boric acid seems to work here.

Call Orkin pest control. They’ll handle that safely for you and your baby.

Spray peppermint oil …

Boric acid…it works!!!

Try baking soda on every corner

Use a tube of roach dr sure worked

If you live in an apt its damn near impossible but you can keep them at bay with Zevo you can find on amazon if you have a house an exterminator is the only way dont waste money on a bunch of products

1 Like

I found diatomaceous earth at Home Depot last time I needed it. We also used a spray for outside the house from Home Depot. My husband would spray the foundation, and around the windows I think it was called home defense. Once we sprayed the outside of the house the bugs stopped coming in.

Depending on where you live, what type of cockroach…

Higher professional service

I used diatomaceous earth, but not easily found, pre-covid! So if boric thing works go for it. Love my lemon scented raid. But let someone else spray on outside window and door frames. I really really depend on my sticky roach motels from the 99. Place themin cabinets and drawers, under sink. Booger’s like warm places like under or in microwave, fridge, dishwasher, stove or water cooler. NOW, clean up spills ASAP, do dishes ASAP, pet food should not be left out, give pet 10 to 15 minutes to eat then put it away. Sweep and vacuum every nite. That includes furniture, underneath & between cushions. The amount and size of critters stuck in those boxes gives you an idea as to who’s winning the war. Good luck!

I had German roaches. I tried for years to get rid of them and my crappy landlords cleaned it up just enough so i wouldn’t know about them till after I moved in! I bought some boric acid. Put it all around my kitchen, even in the cabinets in-between liners. Went all around the baseboards in every room! That finally got rid of them! Within a month I stopped seeing them. I kept it down for a few more months just I’m case but it’s been 6 months since I’ve seen one.

…perhaps you can just TRY TO BE CLEAN??? Really clean…no scraps of food…nothing…clean after you eat…

Pay exterminator $350 to kill them. That’s good for 3 months service and it normally takes like 2 sprays and baits.

1995, landlord (Mrs. Ohls) said I brought them with me. Not these guys, they were here, and established!!

I was introduced to this by a friend and I swear by it we got a fridge from a place and didn’t think it would have roaches but it did lots of them…this stuff works n I mean works I’ve introduced to multiple n they agreed lol

Bait them , clean areas with bleach, keep food away in tight containers. good luck.

These kill EVERYTHING, put 1 in each room/area!

Boric acid Roach Powder. Mix half and half Boric acid Roach powder with Half amount of Sugar. Put behind refrigerator, stove, cabinets, etc.
Those that are running around, in the mean time spray with the dollar store brand bleach. Less toxic. ( Don’t add water.) It takes up to 2 weeks for the majority of roaches to die off after eating the combined powder and.sugar.
The eggs will hatch so you’ll have to continue doing this procedure until all is gone…
It works :100:%

Professional. In the mean time, get boxes of bay leaves. Put the leaves all around house, cupboards, closets, counters, under and behind everything. Roaches will not go near them. Used them for a rental I lived in til I could get out

A plate of boric acid with bread crumbs they will dry up inside out , spray fabric softener along walls and cracks they don’t like the strong scent

Move out of your home, short term. Borax and clock roach poison in the home, bam, bye bye

Please call an exterminator.

I was told by an exterminator that this is the best you can buy on the market. I had a horrible ant problem they where gone in 3 days. I was also told by the same guys if I have roaches use the roach one

5 Likes

You need to call pest control.

A good pest control company

You can’t win. Move!!

Call pest- control !!

Blessed to never have bugs. Love my Terminex dude

Roach bait from Walmart or dollar store worked wonders in our home it’s easy and u can put it anywhere especially up from kids or pets

Call an exterminator

This is really good! You can purchase them off of Amazon…or get it at any Lowe’s…or home Depot.
I used this and within a few days seen less of them.

1 Like

Roach Ender if they still have it

Mix some dawn dish liquid and water in a spray bottle and spray it on them…They die instantly.

Call an exterminator immediately

1 Like

Call Terminix or a like company.

Call a pest control service

Tokay Gecko :lizard: When I was growing up we had a ton of cockroaches in the house. My mom bought two of these and we let them go in the house. They are nocturnal so you probably won’t see them during the day. Roaches were gone in about a month.

3 Likes

Orthene by ortho. You find it in the pesticide section of your local lowes or home depot with fire ant killer. It smells like rotting cabbage for a little while but works wonders and it doesn’t take a lot. I had a BAD roach infestation and with orthene in my cabinets and behind my stove and fridge and some around my hot water heater, they were gone in a few weeks. I now keep it in stock just in case I start seeing bugs because I have teenagers who are slobs and no matter how much I fuss, they ignore me.

Professional help . Exterminator should be able to get rid of them but I knew someone with them and they had professionals come 3x before they finally left everything and had to find a new place (they live inside TVs and anything warm so it’s tough to get rid of them once an infestation starts ) good luck though I hope you can get rid of them :heart:

Boric acid, sugar & boiled egg yolks

1 Like

Diatomaceous earth. You’ll have to leave a lot of it sprinkled everywhere and that will do the trick

A mixture of sugar and borax or a mixture of baking soda and sugar

Use the gel or paste bait rather than sprays or bombs ,just put a little in every corner of where you see roach activity . Put smaller appliance/electronic items in the freezer overnight ,that kills any that may be living in appliances. Years ago when I moved from a heavily invested apartment to a house I had hitchhikers and ended up with a heavy infestation and I tried the bombs and sprays with no success and then after researching I tried the paste/gel baits and they were all gone within 2 months and never came back.

1 Like

1st do you have house or apt. If you have apt nothing you do will help, the entire building needs to be done. If you have a house… buy boric acid powder and sprinkle it behind furniture, appliances, just everywhere and every room. Put traps and set them up as well and syringes work great too. It will take maybe a month to be roach free. We had them years ago and did all these things and 15 yrs later… still nothing!!! Good luck!

Boric acid is the only thing that works

1 Like