How to get the smell of urine out of the bathroom?

They need to start pissing in the yard :woman_shrugging:

Make them set down backwards facing the toilet.to pee, then it will go in the stool. Maybe then once you get it cleaned it will stay that way. They may not like it but set your foot down.

Ping pong ball to aim at may prevent it going everywhere else

Shaving cream for the win

5 Likes

Tell them to sit down.

2 Likes

I use Barbasol menthol shave cream and smear it all over the floor around the toilet & tub and I also use odoban like it’s going out of style

3 Likes

If they can’t stand and aim properly, tell them sit their disgusting asses down. If my 4 year old can aim and get it in, so can the grown ass males - that’s revolting!!

Put a target in the toilet. :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I like to make a small slit in a bottle of pinesol, Fabuloso, Mr. Clean multipurpose cleaner etc and stick it in the back of the toilet tank so every flush releases a little bit of cleaner and good smells.
Also try shaving cream on the floor around the toilet and asking people to close the lid before flushing helps keep the yuck from going everywhere

Tell them to sit down to piss or hand them the bucket and bleach

4 boys and am a working mom, so I must admit I do not get to it everyday.

Bleach, bleach and more bleach. Does the trick for me

1 Like

Shaving cream and apple cider vinegar, spray shaving cream let set for 10-15 min then spritz with apple cider vinegar and let set another 10-15 min and wipe up

1 Like

Use shaving cream….let it soak and wipe it down. Easy

1 Like

Cheap ass shaving cream…. The stuff that is foam when it comes out… dollar store purchase let it soak 15 mins. Wipe clean! Done!

1 Like

I spray peroxide everywhere and let it sit before I clean/mop lol

Wow! Really? I grew up with 2 brothers and my dad ( me and my mom being the only girls) and this was not an issue… And my husband is very neat with his personal care so never have I seen urine on the floor or around the toilet. Yikes!
I think that you don’t really have kids anymore ( 13 and 17 are teenagers and perfectly capable)
I think it’s time that you assign the males at home in charge of cleaning the bathroom and make sure they do it… Maybe when they are the ones scrubbing and in charge of cleaning it they will be more considerate and careful :woman_shrugging:

10 Likes

Throw the boys away……I’ve came to terms with pee bathroom cause nothing has helped​:sob::sob::sob:

Have you tried regularly scheduled sessions of you flipping out about it? That’s what works for me :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

They have a problem!! A have 2 sons à a man and it’s not like that ?!

2 Likes

Sit down to pee or get them a porta potty…imma monster when it comes to body fluids. I’ve made all of them clean up after themselves so much that now they don’t piss all over our stuff.

Peroxide and also put your foot down. They too old not to make it in the toilet

6 Likes

I have six boys and I use the shaving cream around the toilet and on the wall twice a month!

1 Like

Make them clean bathroom—-to your specifications

2 Likes

Peroxide mixed with water with a squirt of dish soap… soak it down…wipe it up…pat dry… then baking soda all over the area… let sit overnight…sweep/vacuum up the next day

Shaving cream and make them do it. It’s their weenies making the mess.

6 Likes

My boys are DISGUSTING and I swear they have no idea where the toilet is. We use scrubbing bubbles foaming bleach. Spray and let sit for 10… sometimes 20 mins depending on how bad the bathroom smells that week… then go in and wipe and mop. Bathroom sells fresh for about a week before our 4 boys go pissing all over everything again :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Tell um to sit down when they pee since they obviously can’t handle doing it standing up!

12 Likes

They are being careless, disrespectful and nasty. Make them clean up their messes. It’s not up to you to clean up after them. Put it in reverse, would they clean up and menstrual mess you could leave behind? Your not getting proper respect.

4 Likes

Make them sit and not stand to pee. If they can’t aim properly then they have no business standing to pee…

3 Likes

If they can’t aim, then they need to sit on the pot and pee like a girl!! I have 2 boys & husband this is not an issue!

1 Like

Kick them all out :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Threaten to start cleaning it with their toothbrushes if they don’t stop

1 Like

I clean my bathroom with rubbing alcohol. I do occasionally have to use Simple Green around the toilet.

They need to be sitting to pee if their aim is that bad. Sounds like you may have to replace flooring if its that bad.

Shaving cream will take the smell out on the floor

I make my boys and husband sit to pee. Try letting some pine sol soak for awhile then mix up dawn, vinegar and baking soda and let that soak after removing the pinesol of course. That should help. Best of luck. Make those fellas sit down!

Shaving cream is what I heard works best. I get a brand called Odoban from home depot and it works great on urine. Its like 7 dollars only for a large gallon. Very worth it. Leaves a baby powder smell

My son is 8. I did not clean his bathroom for two weeks. He said it was gross and he didn’t want to go in there. I made him help me clean it. Now he takes care and/or wipes it up himself.

That is completely uncalled for and rude at their ages. Especially husband.

Get one of those automatic air freshner dispensers that put out a puff of air freshner every 15 to 30 min

Wow the age of them? Make them clean up after themselves and smell won’t be there lingering if they did, put a target in toilet they might concentrate and aim for it :see_no_evil::joy::joy:

3 Likes

That’s your fault for not teaching demanding they hit the target when they were training. They should clean the bathroom. NOT ACCEPTABLE…ask them if they need you to hold it for them to show them it can be done. They are lazy, unappreciative and disrespectful…

I have similar issues with my 12 year old. His stream is so powerful that aiming isn’t issue but spraying back out of toilet.
We use wipes to clean up, but I’m definitely going to try the shaving cream trick suggested. Does anyone have issues with it ruining the floors?

1 Like

Lol this was me with kids and step kids ! My daughter was like “ Mom the bathroom is like a boys bathroom at school ! “… and it was ! 3 boys Plus the little cousins came over and they all just peed everywhere ! I was :face_vomiting:… mainly cuz the now EXH wouldn’t do nothing about his child or hygiene

perhaps some stickers will remind them to clean their pee or stand closer

Just bleach soak the area and it should go away whats the condition naround the base of toilet

Have them pee in the tub

No, but in all seriousness that should not happen they are way too old to not know how to use the bathroom properly. At this point it’s just to spite you, it seems they’re being disrespectful

This will sound crazy but ask them to sit to pee… my husband does that and I have never had that problem with the bathroom smelling or his underwear because he takes longer he doesn’t drip into his pants.

1 Like

My 3 boys were like this until I started making them take turns cleaning their bathroom every night as a chore. They rotate weeks. And I make them redo it if it’s still messy. Solved the problem for me.

5 Likes

Shaving cream I use it all the time im a boy mom plus husband

I made my boys clean it. Especially once they were old enough! They aim better when they’re the one cleaning up the mess lol

2 Likes

Make it a job everyday for a different person. After a few weeks maybe they’ll get tired of it

1 Like

Lemon juice, wet and let sit 10 minutes then clean up.Try Mr clean for pets odor, best thing out there works better if no pet

If they mess up, they should be required to clean up. They’ve got to learn sooner or later!! Sounds like it needs to be sooner!!!

1 Like

Spray shaving cream on the floor and let sit and wipe off with a damp cloth!

Make them clean it!!!

4 Likes

I’ve heard coat the floor with shaving cream, let it sit for a bit, then wipe it up

If it’s in the seams of the floor try sprinkling baking soda or scented baking soda, then vacuuming it up before doing any sprays. Give the powder some time to absorb anything in there. But seriously, they should be doing it. They are old enough that if they make the mess they can clean it.

1 Like

I saw a tik tok where someone scrubbed the floor around the toilet with shaving cream for this reason. I don’t have boys so never had a reason to try it

Mouth wash. Helps to clean and deal with the smell.

1 Like

Try shaving cream on the floor

What you do is throw away all 3 of them​:wink::rofl:jk!
I tend to use clorox blue tabs in the toilet, a fabulous, punch a whole in the bottom unscrew the top and also just toss that in the toilet too. I have a spray bottle of water and fabulouso and spray down the shower and everything as much as I pass by in the bathroom. I tend to wipe down the toilet with that and clorox pretty much every day. I also have the glade cups hidden in the shower tub, think upper corners. And these nifty glad whatzits. Hope that helps, oh and leaving the window open in possible.

Ummm no. Way too old to not be able to pee without making a mess.

4 Likes

Keep all males out!! Lol

Make them sit to pee😃

4 Likes

Shaving cream!! Plain barbasol shaving cream. Spray it around the toilet, the floor, wherever there is a urine smell. Let it sit about five minutes mop or wipe up. I swear by this with 4 boys in the house. No urine smell ! I even use it if our dog has an accident. It works so well!

2 Likes

Theres a cleaner called Urine be Gone, I ve bought this for my son to clean his bathroom. I also don’t understand why they can’t control where they pee, their wee wee isn’t that big compared to the toilet bowl, I was seriously ready to make the males pee outside, you gonna piss like an animal, time to treat you as such

I would follow them in the bathroom every time they went with a spray bottle and squirter them every time they miss the bowl and I sure as hell would be making them clean it. That’s disgusting and they are grown there is no reason you should be cleaning up after them like that and worrying about them ruining the floor from peeing on it and not cleaning up after themselves.

4 Likes

Rubbing alcohol always kills the smell

Make them clean up their gross messes.

2 Likes

Pine-sol, leaves pine scent, destroys odors!

Make ‘em sit. I got so tired of this smell, I, legit, go to the bathroom door when my son goes in there. I can tell by the sound, if he’s standing or sitting. And so help me GOD, he had better be sitting! If he’s not, I grab the cleaner, a rag, and he gets to clean the toilet and floor, JUST IN CASE he splashed pee out. He soon found out, it’s easier to just do what I say and SIT! :woman_shrugging:t3:
As for the husband, he can sit, too.

1 Like

It’s called an outhouse.

New rule. Every one sats to pee

And that will work. If you don’t set. You cleen it.

Make them sit and pee if they can’t hit the toilet! :joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

KILZ odor blocker. Then make them pee outside.

1 Like

soak a towel in only regular Downy …lay the towel over the odor leave on full dAY once removed the smell should be gone. works for cat spray so i don’t see why it wont work for human urine …try it it cant hurt…good luck hope it works

Honestly I’d make them scrub the crap out of the bathroom. And then tell them they need to sit from now on if they can’t get it together :joy:

2 Likes

Clean with vinegar, it cuts out smell

I have the same problem… my boyfriend and his son as well as my son… his 10 yr old that doesn’t even try to aim and almost never flushes even with a number 2 (and we’ve both reprimanded in every way possible but he acts like a 16yr old emo kid, especially after he’s gone to his mother’s house for her week), and my 7yr old who has resorted to using my bathroom in the master bedroom because he can’t stand the smell in the bathroom that is supposed to be the kids bathroom… I have no actual advice as I’m also struggling, but you can always tell them if they can’t bother to aim they can pee outside since they’re biologically equipped to do so🤷‍♀️
Also… lots of air fresheners… lots and lots of air fresheners🤦‍♀️

How old is the flooring?’ Might just need to replace it

Don’t have this issue… tell them to pay attention or clean it up!

2 Likes

I completely understand that. I have two boys who have never been able to hit the toilet.

Shaving cream works!!!

Retrain all of them. I wish my late husband would pee on the floor. For real? And the teenagers too, boooooy, nevermind. I’m done :rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::angry::exploding_head::roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Make them clean it Daily

1 Like

If they stand to pee, they clean the bathrooms daily.
If they graciously cooperate with the clean routine, then I clean the bathrooms.
Make choices men. Mom, stop enabling being gross.

1 Like

Make the go outside!

1 Like

Shaving cream. Regular barbasol. Works wonders!!

2 Likes

Shaving cream all over the floor/toilet. Whatever then wait overnight and mop it like normal. We do this at our school. Boys are gross

1 Like

Sorry, as a mom of 5 boys. Lol. I understand

If you can’t aim, sit. If you make a mess clean it up.
Use a different bathroom if you can and let that one be the boys bathroom and let then take care of it.

Literally the only thing that works is clean it every single day. When it gets bad I make them do it.

I have bleach water and a mop on standby :roll_eyes:

I heard shaving cream on the floor

Pull up the floor and replace the underfloor too!

4 boys one husband in my house down to the 3 year old wipes around the toilet after they pee I don’t play about no pissy bathroom! I have flushable wipes, Lysol, and toilet bowl bleach all accessible no excuse teach them young… :woman_shrugging:t5:

1 Like

Well, my 8 yr old never misses (has autism sensory so he’s been spot on all the time) but my family on both sides is boys. I’m the first born woman in 4 generations. And so what the moms/women did was make all the boys sit! It was aim better, if u can’t u will clean the mess yourself if you refuse they used your stuff to clean it (one used her sons favorite jacket and hung it back on his desk chair for him), if don’t learn your lesson then you lose your right to stand. Some of them are full grown and senior men an they still sit lol

1 Like

Put clear plastic wrap under the lid. When they go to pee it will bounce back up onto them and maybe their face…… see if they like the urine smell on them!