How to get the smell of urine out of the bathroom?

Take the toilet seat off. When I had an issue with smell it was because pee had gone through the gaps and dried to the seat. So I took the seat off and cleaned the whole toilet with the vanilla multipurpose spray. It makes the bathroom smell great. One question though why is there vinyl floors in a bathroom. It’s supposed to be tiled

Baking soda.
I made a paste for around the toilet and let it sit for 30 mins a week.
Plus, I made them use clorox wipes every time they used the bathroom.

Make them clean it I mean until clean. They are plenty old enough for a long time to hit the mark. They also would be cleaning the rest of the house as “ practice “ and consequences. You are not their maid. And if they are not game about it I would rent them an outdoor latrine to use. Talk about smell. They might be more willing to keep the indoor one clean.

Barbasol shave cream, hydrogen peroxide and baking soda

Hydrogen peroxide mixed with baking soda add super hot water scrub right away all floor surfaces and toilet in bathroom
Wait for the floor to dry once dry get the barbasol and cover floor area and toilet let sit for 10 minutes use a mop and super hot water to clean it up once done let the bathroom dry and most importantly leave the bathroom door open to help with air drying once done

1 Like

Tell your boys to sit on the toilet and pee if they can’t keep from spraying :woman_facepalming:t2: disgusting! Hopefully you don’t have to share a bathroom with them! Also, why are you cleaning up grown mans pee? Make them clean their own bathroom and buy one of those ugly wrap around toilet rugs…

1 Like

Make them scrub with baking soda & vinegar

Yeah thats kinda ridiculous in my eyes and feel that if they cant aim in the bowl then they need to sit down :woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Barbasol shaving cream. Cover every single surface with it, walls, floor, toilet, all of it. Let it set for an hour and then wipe it up

2 Likes

Clorox urine remover

1 Like

Got to have inch worms you gotta belong too the green anaconda club- we run long we run deep.

2 Likes

I’m the only chick in my house. My dude and then 15, 13 n almost 5 yo sons. Just give up now.

2 Likes

You can bleach, soak and scrub all you want. If its in the flooring the only cure is pull it up and replace it.
Those who can’t hit the bowl need to learn to sit or clean their mess…wiping it with their favourite shirts may make their aim better.

3 Likes

Menthol shaving cream, I use this for my house cleaning business never disappoints

2 Likes

Simple, makes them clean it everyday

1 Like

I have heard shaving cream will help with this.

Make them pee through a tube that empties into the toilet!!

Bleach and plenty of it

I’m dying cause this was the post right above this one

7 Likes

Listerine!!! Throw it all over the floor and watch it foam like peroxide does, let it sit about 15 minute clean up and repeat as necessary. It works though! I had the purple Listerine so that’s what I used lol

3 Likes

Rub on shaving cream & peroxide! Then use baby wipes or Clorox wipes to clean it up.

I have 4 boys. 10-17. Do you clean underneath the edge of the toilet that touches the floor? What I have found is that the urine will leak into the crack and if left the bathroom smells like old rotting pee. I use bleach and water in a spray bottle and super absorbent paper towel and I put the edge of the paper towel under/in the little crack and a bunch will come out if it’s your first time! I do it weekly and my bathroom hardly ever smells like pee

1 Like

angry orange. takes the smell out of everything. for fabric and surfaces.

I’d change the wax ring on the toilet too

1 Like

Go cheap, get Parsons amonia, and really saturate the walls and around the bottom of the toilet. I had a bed wetter, a d this was the only thing that took the smell away. Vinegar works too. Used it in the diaper pail.

1 Like

Tell them they need to sit until they can learn to aim. And make them take turns cleaning…not good enough, do it again. I grew up with brothers :laughing:

4 Likes

Menthol Shaving cream. Spread it on the floor, leave it for a bit, wipe away

1 Like

Sounds like you will have to pull all the flooring up ’ :tired_face:

Make THEM clean the toilet!! I’ll be damned if I’m cleaning pee after guys who are missing the target!! Nope!!

Shaving cream. Let it sit overnight.

This is at Lowe’s Home Improvement

Also, I bet if you force them to take turns cleaning the bathroom they will learn to aim or sit down to pee. They’re old enough to know better.

4 Likes

Odo-Ban. For all odors. Home depot, dilute with water.

2 Likes

Vinegar… put in spray bottle with water, more vinegar than water… spray all over everything! Straight vinegar around the toilet, works great!!

Sweetie- you stop cleaning first - I bet they leave the lid up when they’re done too.
Baking soda and vinegar does the trick. But if they come back right after you’re done - the problem isn’t solved - they need to be responsible- even hubby. As far as the lid - it’s a respect for you- ask themdo they want your hands on the lid (even though you wash​:wink:) touching their food , them, or whatnot- :yum:you say it enough they think about it. But seriously- put some potted plants , and a can of frebreze - unstoppables

1 Like

Next time you see one of them come out of the bathroom, go in for "an inspection "… if you see violations, have them come back and CLEAN IT UP. I guarantee that you will not need to do it very often till they get the message. When I say clean… I mean EVERYRHING !!!

2 Likes

Shaving cream!! Get a few can (even the cheap $1 ones) spray all around the toilet and let it set as long as possible (preferably overnight) scrub away and done

4 Likes

Maybe tell all of them that until someone other then yourself starts cleaning that toilet and wiping down after every use and spray some air freshener, they can all start sitting to pee. Also treat them like toilet training toddlers and put a ping pong ball in the toilet and tell them in a patronising baby voice “now aim at the ball like good boys”.

Yes seems harsh and mean but it’s slightly unfair that you do all that cleaning. I’ve also never personally had to clean up after boys (my first child is a boy and still in nappies/diapers while my partner doesn’t make a mess of the toilet, sprays after every use and helps scrub the toilet bowl from time to time while I sterilise the whole thing every three months).

1 Like

Rubbing alcohol on everything, leave for 10mins then rinse with boiling water.
Then make cleaning the toilet their job. Daily!

1 Like

Make them start cleaning up after themselves. They make the mess, they clean the mess.

2 Likes

Dawn baking soda and bleach

Vinegar spray it and let it sit on the places they have peed.

Tell them what my dad always told my brother: when you’re at home, you sit down so pee doesn’t splash everywhere. When you’re out and use a public restroom (or are outside) then stand. It doesn’t matter how careful they are, pee will always splash out if they’re standing. The only way to stop the smell is if they sit

1 Like

They need to sit down to pee if they can’t hit the water INSIDE the toilet. That’s ridiculous and disgusting and you don’t deserve any of it. As for the smell I would make them clean it and if they weren’t I would lock the bathroom door with a padlock. Let them pee outside

1 Like

You need to teach them how to clean up after them selfs after they pee and you want have that problem

1 Like

Tell them to pee outside! Until they can show some respect! That’s plain nasty! I be making them clean the bathroom!

3 Likes

Pour straight rubbing alcohol on it and let dry. Then wash with any bleach product.

The males in my house sit down to pee
I used bleach when they were younger because it smelled like piss all the time from them missing the toilet all the time
Drove me crazy

Make them clean the bathroom themselves

4 Likes

When I potty trained my boys, I also taught them that part of the process cause ur a boy…is putting the seat back down of & whether you do or don’t raise the seat you still take a few squares of toilet paper and wipe around the rim of the seat… Now at 14 & 18 they have always just done it that way. As for the smell, I have plug in’s, glade, and smelly cone thingys :joy:

2 Likes

put a pingpong ball in the toilet to aim at, and make them clean the toilet , no man needs to piss on the walls geeze

1 Like

mom of boy issues girl it’s a never ending problem

1 Like

I saw this:. Put a " bull’s-eye in your commode, they would just automatically try to hit I. Can’t help themselves and!

2 Likes

I mean you could start checking every single time they use the bathroom and whoever is doing it has to clean it up immediately. Also the pew is prob under the toilet. You may need to pick it up and clean the underneath you’ll need to replace the wax ring. And yes it’s in the flooring and probably the subfloor. You need to replace the flooring or the smell def won’t go away.

BuY ODOBAN . It comes in spray and concentrate gallon bottles . Walmart Sams Club and pet stores carry it . It totally eliminates pet odors including cat urine . Buy a gallon dilute as recommended put in a spray bottle.

All of these “make them pee outside” comments are ridiculous. Ignore them. Try soaking the area with rubbing alcohol and then letting shaving cream sit for a while, and scrub off. You could also try scrubbing with baking soda, vinegar and a magic eraser. If it’s too far gone, you might have to replace the floors. Choose the most expensive one you can afford, maybe the hubs will look at it a little differently afterwards :joy:Good luck x

1 Like

Make all boys pee outside🤷🏻‍♀️

1 Like

Use shaving cream on the floor in front of toilet it does wonders

2 Likes

Honestly it’s disrespectful, ESPECIALLY if your husband is a culprit too. My partners fucking horrible for it, and I said to him if you’re unable to pee into the bowl, then you can sit down to pee. Your boys are old enough. If you go in and see pee, they’re required to clean it. If they refuse, they get things taken away. It’s the 1 small thing I don’t tolerate, because it’s absolutely foul

The 17 year old and 13 year old are old enough to clean their bathroom.

How to get the urine stench out? I’ll leave that to the others.

1 Like

Why are you cleaning it? Lol give your boys the cleaning supplies and have your husband supervise since none of them have any respect for you

6 Likes

Shaving cream or hydrogen peroxide.

1 Like

They would be sitting to pee AND cleaning there own urine up. :nauseated_face::face_vomiting::nauseated_face:
Shaving cream will absorb the odor then bleach… seriously tho… if u cant hit shit, u sit!!

According to TikTok Shaving cream

Its one of the hardest smells to get rid of. You might have to replace the flooring honestly.

Make them sit to pee until they are mature enough to watch what they are doing! Also stop cleaning after them.

5 Likes

I have 6 boys in the house. I literally have to clean my bathroom every day! So I get it. But I use Lysol cleaner, toilet bowl cleaner, glade plug ins air freshener and the cones.

Hydrogen peroxide everywhere around toilet. Underside and behind tank, all pipes leading to, walls, under and around seat…soak it, let it sit, wipe away, clean as usual, after. Remove seat if you can…do a 2ft radius around toilet

Could it have seeped into the toilet seal?

Barbersol (or however you spell it lol) Shaving cream! Put some on the floor and scrub it in! Then clean floors as normal.

1 Like

I used an entire can of shaving foam and left it on there till it dried then scrubed it off

Make them squat to pee.

1 Like

Redecorate and replace the floor with something that doesn’t absorb it then tell them to pee in the toilet… Its not that hard they are just being sloppy!

Make them sit down to pee :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Rediculous. They are to lazy to hold it or aim it. They would get out of my house and live in their own pigpen.

2 Likes

I heard shaving cream

Sounds like you’re dealing with lazy and not sure how you can fix that.

5 Likes

Apple cider vinegar.

I have to clean the bathroom often.

Have you tried shaving cream ?

I told my husband BEFORE he was my husband that if he couldn’t hit that big hole, he needed to sit. He’s been sitting ever since. We’ve been married for 30 years.

7 Likes

My step mom used to say, “Hit it, Sit it, or I’ll Neuter it!” to my brother and dad… :joy:

2 Likes

The BEST I HAVE FOUND IS shaving cream!!! Cheapest, let sit then WIPE. AMAZING

Peroxide and baking soda. If they can’t Hit it then use the yard!!!

1 Like

The males would have to start cleaning

2 Likes

Tell them they must sit to pee or clean the bathroom themselves.

2 Likes

Tell them to clean it and quit peeing on the floor and wall.

Put cheerio in the toilet and tell them to aim for it.

2 Likes

A rota for cleaning the floors may help- sounds like you are doing it all.
We have a hit the water or sit down rule (not that it happens :woman_facepalming:t3:).
Also have a poster above the toilet saying ‘Stand Closer, it’s not that big’
Toilet with the least accidents :joy:

1 Like

Have then sit to pee!!!

3 Likes

Let them clean bathroom and they will hit the spot because they won’t want to clean it

5 Likes

Assign them each 2 days a week to clean the bathroom.

1 Like

It may seem odd, but I’m 70 years old and I sit down to take a leak. No shame in my game

6 Likes

Purchase a gallon of Odoban and pour some of it straight onto the floor without diluting & allow it to sit for about 30 minutes or so. Then mop up whatever is still sitting on the floor. You may have to repeat a couple times, allowing it to dry for a couple days in between… But that helped me pull the smell of cat pee out of a wood floor.

5 Likes

Make them wash the bathroom multiple times daily… Problem solved

4 Likes

This is what you do.
That’s their bathroom! They are the ones that have TO KEEP IT CLEAN.
Hope you have a second bathroom. That is now yours. Put an electric keypad lock on it. DO NOT SHARE THE CODE!!!
No matter how they try to bribe you.
Now if you can’t do that. Hire a cleaning company that specializes in cleaning bathrooms.
When it comes time to pay the bill, bill it to your husband & tell him to collect from his grown children who can’t seem to aim that thing at the toilet bowl.
And before you do that, take pictures of damage they have caused.

1 Like

Yes bleach or Pine-Sol

Nasty nasty nasty. Make them clean it they are too dang old for this to be going on. No excuses for what you have posted.

6 Likes

Cheap shaving cream! Spray (especially around base of toliet, or the whole floor💁‍♀️) let it sit and wipe off

2 Likes

Take them to the bathroom rub their nose in it

19 Likes

This is why I taught my son to sit down even when he’s just peeing. It’s supposedly healthier for them anyway. :woman_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes