How to make the perfect hard boiled egg?

My toddler is obsessed with hard boil eggs but i struggle getting them out of the shell…what is the trick to make them perfect?

29 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How to make the perfect hard boiled egg?

I cook mine in a ninja foodi. Under the pressure setting. It cooks for 2 min and then delay opening for 12. Makes the best and easiest to peel eggs!

Boil for 5 mins.
Turn off heat and cover 5mins
Ice bath 5 mins

Mine come off as one whole piece every time

1 Like

Big scoop of backing soda makes the shell come off soooooo easily.

1 Like

Don’t put them into the water until it’s boiling, then when they’re done immediately run cold water over them for a couple minutes. I peel min soon after and almost never have an issue

I use the Instant pot and the 5-5-5 method and they are so easy to peel and you can make alot at once.

Salt in the water boil 3 min per egg then run under Ice cold water shake until they crack let sit in the cold water until cools down and the shell peels right off

I just buy the packs haha :joy:

2 Likes

Put them in a pan and cover with water. Add a tsp of baking soda! Bring to a boil and boil for 12 mins. Then soak them in cold water. They’ll peel great and be perfectly cooked!

1 Like

Gotta leave it in log enough, my mom always thought it was 10-12 minutes it’s close to that time. Sometimes you gotta try different times for cooking

1 Like

My household goes through a lot of boiled eggs so we use an egg genie and make about two dozen and put them in the fridge and they peel really easily. You just add water to the bottom and it beeps when done

2 Likes

Air fryer or instant pot them

Add baking soda to the water when boiling

I bring to a boil, then turn off heat and cover for 10 minutes

2 Likes

Put them in a boiling pot for 12 minutes, then put them right into a bowl of ice water.

2 Likes

Add vinegar or baking soda to your water you boil them in. Crack them and gently roll them on the counter to crack the shell, and peel under running water over a colandar to catch the shells.

1 Like

After boiling, immediately dump into an ice bath

Fresh eggs are extremely difficult to peel. If you want them peeled perfectly use older eggs.

3 Likes

The baking soda trick works pretty stinkin good too.

1 Like

6 min boiled then put strait into cold water then peal.

I usually bring the water to a boil and then drop the eggs in versus putting the eggs in cold water and bringing it to a boil makes it easier to peel in my opinion if you bring the water to a boil first I also add salt to the water that helps and I peel it while rinsing under cold water which also makes it easier for the shell not to stick imo

2 Likes

I’ve heard of the baking soda trick in the pot of water you boil them in. Never tried it myself, not sure if there’s a certain amount or a specific ratio of baking soda to water.

I bought egglettes egg cookers. You open the egg into the container and boil them. No peeling. https://youtu.be/MwZLC2RSgb4

1 Like

I put a couple drops of oil in the water and the shells come off so easy.

Don’t use fresh eggs, leave them sitting out at room temperature atleast 24hrs before boiling. The off gases will help separate the membrane from the shell.

1 Like

(Just my opinion) Salt your water when you add your eggs! Once there done immediately put them in cold water and peel. Mine are perfect every time!

2 Likes

Baking soda in the water while you cook them. Like a table spoon. And dont use fresh eggs

Last time I made hard boiled eggs I put salt in the water and they peeled really easy .I peeled them when they were warm

After boiled, dump water and put ice cold water. Best peel. :ok_hand: if it’s refrigerated, do the opposite. Put hard boiled cold egg in hot water for a few seconds :yum: perfect everytime

Zidiao Egg Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs without the Shell, 6 Egg Cups,Non Stick Silicone Boiled Steamer Eggies, BPA Free They are on amazon for $11. Never peel another egg again. I am just lazy though.

Little bit of salt and poke a small hole in them with. Thumb tack, that’s for you get them to peel easy when marinating them for ramen

I put salt in the water, they come right out every time

1 Like

Soak in cold water for 5 mins or more after cooking them … she’ll comes right off

Cool them off and use water to peel it I dip the egg into the water and it helps get the shell sticking to the egg

I bought an egg steamer and they come out perfect everytime :slightly_smiling_face:

I boil mine for 13 mins n put it once water boiling
Fresh eggs right out the coop I feel peel the best
I’ve also used baking soda in the boiling water n I think it helps peel

I cook mine 16 minutes. Dump the hot water out immediatly, run cold water on them. Let them set under running cold water a minute to cool off. Keep letting it run on the eggs while your peeling them.

1 Like

Use eggs that are 2 weeks old…fresh eggs do not peel easily.

Peel with a spoon

When they are done …one at a time put egg in an air tight container half filled with water…shake hard for a few seconds… shells come right off

Don’t use store bought. Full of chemicals. Fresh peel SO much easier (Yes I understand not everyone has access to fresh eggs) salt works as well

1 Like

I add salt in the water & put in cool water, the shell slides off smoothly.

Put vinegar or lemon juice in the water while the eggs are boiling! Shell comes right off

I use my pressure cooker for hard boiled eggs. After trying all of the other tricks like baking soda and ice baths, I’ve found that pressure cooking works best for an easy peel.

I run cold water over the egg ,then peel it. Walmart also sells hard boiled eggs they’re like $2. For 6 already peeled, if I’m in a hurry, I’ll get them ,they are not bad

1 Like

I boil my water an then gently put them in the boiling water with a slotted spoon. Boil 20 minutes drain an rinse with cold water. Let cool an peels come right off.

Instant pot on the steam rack that comes with the pot. 5 minutes on high. 5 minutes to release pressure. 5 mines to cool in cold/ice water. They practically falll out of the shell once cracked.

I put eggs in cold water after there done for 5 mins and I’ve a much easier time peeling them

Add to cold water once cooked, crack the shell and leave for a few seconds. Water gets under the shell and makes it easier to peel.

Put a little cooking oil in the water while cooking

Boil them, move pan to sink run cold water on them until they’re still warm, hit the bottom on the side of the pan, shell will slide right off rinse them in the same water to remove any pieces, all the shells will fall to the bottom of the pan, dump down disposal…one pot method!!

I was shocked when I tried adding vinegar to the water. It’s a game changer!

Boil for 12 minutes, then put them in ice water. The shell comes right off.

I let cold water run on them then I’ll crack it and squeeze it like a stress ball till the shell is broken all over and then it slips off super easy

Instapot 7-7-7 perfect every time. :grinning:

I’ve found that the fresher the egg the harder they are to peel. If I’m going to be making deviled eggs or Easter eggs or whatever I always buy them like a week ahead of time.
Also, after they’re done boiling make sure you cool them down. I dump the hot water and then run really cold water in the pan for about 5+ min (depending on how many eggs are in there, need to run it longer the more eggs because the hot eggs will warm the water back up if you don’t run it for a few) and then let them sit in cold water til they are cooled completely.

1 Like

Insta pot or in the oven

I heard adding baking soda helps the shells come off…

I put mine in my air fryer. Only thing is looking up the wattage of it to makes sure you at the correct temp and time. Ice water to cool them off and never had a problem

Boil 2 minutes let set in hot water 11 min then put in ice water to cool down

1 Like

Roll them on the counter to crack the shell and then put them in cold water. The shell will just slide off

Rinse under cold water and peel immediately after boiling

Sit in cold water after it’s boiled.

Sit in cold water 10 minutes

These are all Great suggestions- make sure you’re adjusting time if you have store bought or farm eggs. Farm eggs have a thicker shell and often take longer :smiley:

Salt in the water then make sure to cook them completely in cold water

It really helps if the eggs are fresh.

I find brown eggs far easier to peel than white ones. Maybe try some different breeds. Or just cut the egg in half shell and all?

I boil the water first then put the eggs in… then I put them in cold water after I take them out from boiling :slight_smile:

Salt in water then boil

1 Like

Tap both ends, then roll and peel.

2 Likes

Add salt to water before boiling, and soak in cold water for a few minutes after. Crack the shell really well before you peel it.

Put salt in the water

I just boil them for 12 minutes and then when I’m ready to peel, I crack the shell around the entire egg- usually comes off in one piece with no damage to the egg at all!

1 Like

Baking soda in your boiling water then strain them then put in ice cold water! Peels right off :heart:

2 Likes

I put a little baking soda in the bottom of the pan before I add the eggs and water! Works like a charm.

Use room temperature eggs before boiling, then place in an ice bath for 5 mins before peeling.

Peel under cold water!

1 Like

I purchased an egg cooker. They come perfect

Baking soda in the water when boiling

1 Like

Covered by at least 2” of water in the pot. Rolling boil for 4 minutes. 12 minutes in the water with heat off and lid on. Shock them in an ice bath after you boil.

1 Like

I’ve got my own hens …Ive found out, if they don’t go in the fridge… they’re very difficult to peel…so although eggs don’t need refrigeration to keep them fresh,it does help peeling them after being boiled.

I’ve peeled mine after just a few minutes from the pan warm

My PawPaw has a boiled egg maker thing that you microwave and he says they come out perfect every time

What works great for me is, set the eggs out on the counter while the water is boiling n gives them time to get close to room temperature… add them to boiling water (I don’t add salt, but some do) with a ladel one at a time… when adding them all I boil them 14 mins… when done, add then straight to ice water enough to cover just for about 5 mins… tap each end on counter gently then roll gently and peel…should pop out easy… super easy and works great!

1 Like

I.put them in cold water for a few mins.

Ice water bath right after cooking.

1 Like

Vinegar in the boiling water

2 Likes

Crack the big end of the egg a little before boiling …. They come right off

I just received $4765 for my work of previous week. my widow friend has 2 kids and she made over $12754 last month working on this. it feels awesome making so much income when people arounds you are working very hard for very less money. Details here.

Detail about this here. https://DollarSuccess470.pages.dev/

They have egg makers at Walmart for about 9$ and they boil the eggs perfectly!!! Only takes about 5 minutes and no boiling water on the stove. I love mine!!!

I just received $4765 for my work of previous week. my widow friend has 2 kids and she made over $12754 last month working on this. it feels awesome making so much income when people arounds you are working very hard for very less money. Details here.

Detail about this here. https://DollarSuccess470.pages.dev/

Add baking soda to your water.

Bring to a boil, add eggs, return to boil, cover, turn off heat, let sit for 12 minutes.
Done.

Put salt in the water

2 Likes

Ice bath after boiling.

3 Likes

Add salt to your water bring to a boil then add the eggs and a spoon full of baking soda. When done put straight under cold water shell comes right off.

1 Like

Add vinegar to the water while boiling :slightly_smiling_face:

I add a little cooking oil to the water while they’re boiling.