How to make your house smell good?

How do you make your house smell good all day? with 3 dogs, 2 cats and 4 sons…my house doesnt always smell the best

55 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. https://answers.mamasuncut.com/t/how-to-make-your-house-smell-good/21202

Get rid of the sons :eyes:

17 Likes

Hope it isn’t the son’s but make sure litter is done everyday and upkeep. Candles

Get rid of the house get a new one :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

4 son’s. Are they teenagers?

I have 4 rabbits, 3 cats, pet rats and a turtle and we clean the rabbit cages daily otherwise itd smell. If it’s your sons wash their stuff with vinegar and wipe things and walls down with vinegar as well.

2 Likes

Scentsy wax Warmers and wax bars

3 Likes

Wax warmers! Also hop over to Amazon and get a bottle of Angry Orange…it’s a little pricey but I’m a housekeeper and all of my clients love it for pet and other odors…it’s truly the best!

7 Likes

stay soft works for any smell and dust I don’t buy any air freshener any more

It’s the cats…I got 2 dogs. My bf 2 sons n a daughter and house smells good. Anytime I go in a house with cats that’s first thing I smell I’d assume prolly litter boxes. Recommend a deep clean…vacuum. carpet clean everything. All dirty clothes to laundry room. And upkeep daily on litter box.

3 Likes

Clean everything that has potential to cause a bad smell everyday cat litter dirty laundry take out trash wash dishes

Wax warmers, febreze or yankee brand oil plug ins

1 Like

Dogs always seem to smell even when they’re clean! Essential oil diffusers, open it up to air out whenever you can, mop and wipe down surfaces with disinfectant.

1 Like

Insence cones/sticks, fabreeze or baking soda? They make scented baking soda for litter boxes that smell good.

1 Like

Goose Creek candles! They are AMAZING!!

1 Like

Odoban for the dogs
It has multi uses and is also a disinfectant.
And vacuuming every day.
Change your filters in EVERYTHING.

1 Like

I have 1 dog, 1 cat & 2 sons… I just make sure our dog is bathed regularly & brushed, I use Arm&Hammer Double Duty Deoderizer for kitty litter & also make sure it’s changed every 2 weeks, if not weekly. I also use a covered litter box. As far as my boys, they shower every single night before school & I have chores as far as putting their dirty clothes in the laundry & never leaving dirty clothes out laying around. They also help me with laundry, loading washers/dryers, folding & putting away. I hope this might give a couple tips! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: You’re doing great! Boys are definitely dirty & wild a lot of times! & then pets seem to add like extra kids to take care of!! It’s a lot, but it’s do-able. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Also, not sure why anyone would be laugh reacting at this post. Their home lives must be PERFECT!!! :rofl::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

twisted fizzers room sprays :raised_hands:

I use plug-ins and an automatic air freshener. Try putting dryer sheets in your vents too or in furniture and other places.

3 Likes

Pull all of your carpet out. Took the smell out of my house.

4 Likes

Bathe your animals regularly, carpet clean and wash sheets/blankets often.

1 Like

CHLOROX BLEACH, HOT WATER & a little elbow grease?! :ok_hand:t3:

Scentsy
A Scent ADDICTION With Christina

Pink Zebra is a good choice. It’s a home fragrance company and you can buy sprinkles (wax melts) and you can get up to 100 hours of fragrance! Regular vacuuming with carpet freshener, air freshener in each room, yankee candles, or dryer balls. You can buy a pack of dryer balls on amazon and if you buy a soak (liquid fragrance with a squirt or spray nozzle) you can use the squirt nozzle, put a little on the dryer ball and throw those in your dryer to freshen up your clothes! The spray nozzle is to freshen up carpets and furniture. Pink zebra is skin safe, non toxic, pet safe, soy based etc!
Here’s a friend of mines website in case you’re interested!

Boil water and add cinnamon, cloves or lemon and fresh sage. Or boil water and add vanilla extract. Its amazing

3 Likes

Putting the animals outside for a few hours in the sunshine, opening windows, vaccuming, washing animal bedding and oil diffusers

1 Like

I have alot of wax warmers

1 Like

Why do people laugh at this even with bathing pets etc houses can smell some when u have that many. Let’s just hope u don’t have male cats that spray everywhere

4 Likes

Laura’s Scentsy (Independant Scentsy Consultant)

Put them all up for adoption or make them sleep outside :grin:

2 Likes

Laura’s Scentsy (Independant Scentsy Consultant)

1 Like

Partylite lol loooove the stuff. I could never sell it cause I’d be forever buying it lol
Pretty smelling things aside, if you have carpet, that will absorb the smells of pets. Throw bicarb down and let it sit before vacumming or change the flooring. Throws on couches etc but wash regularly.

Gonesh #2 or patchouli incense.

I only get to open my house weekends or the occasional during the week if in home. I vacuum everything, wash all the digs blankets and air the pillows and our blankets. Have candles and plug ins on. And try to wash the dog regularly. It all helps if you can air out more regular

1 Like

As a mom too…throw them kids out :rofl:

9 Likes

Plug ins!! Keep the carpet clean

2 Likes

It helps to frequently scoop the litter boxes and to use dry shampoo on the dogs between baths. Wash their bedding once or twice a week. Vacuum a couple of times a week. Also if you burn the incense of your choice, that helps too.

1 Like

I have air purifiers going almost all of the time but I also TRY to bathe the dogs every two weeks… typically more in the summer.
Any time I can open all of the windows, I do. That is also prime time to clean the floors! Vacuum rugs and mop my kitchen. I will use the hottest water possible with a splash of Pine-Sol. That spin mop pulls up everything with that hot water!

1 Like

I have room spray that I spray on the couch before guests come over, I spray the carpet with febreeze and then vacuum (or you can get the powder) I have wall plug ins from bath and body works, and then candles that I light when company comes over as well.

I have a stinky old dog and a toddler, and all of these things mask the smells they make.

Definitely Wax warmers. I have one in each room we use often.

3 Likes

I got these things called small spaces by freebreeze and put them out thru the house

1 Like

Smoke lots of Marijuana or either rub :poop: on your :nose:

2 Likes

Put two caps of vanilla extract in a coffee cup, then place it in the oven at 300 degrees for one hour. The whole house will soon smell like vanilla heaven without using harsh chemical air fresheners.

13 Likes

Febreze like tons of bottles and keep your home picked up, if sons have stinky sports stuff make them keep it in garage or on a porch or mud room etc not in rooms. Make sure they are showering etc… my aunt had 4 boys and multiple pets. She shampoos her carpets often and tries to keep windows open in nice weather. Keep your pets clean too.

1 Like

I have air purifiers going 24/7. I vacuum few times a week/ bathe the dogs/ wash their bedding weekly and i light candles nightly

I wash may walls and floors frequently with my ocedar mop ( walls at least once a week)
Vacuum and febreeze soft surfaces daily ( I add unstoppables and a little rubbing alcohol to my febreeze to make it a bit stronger and last longer)
I also scoop my cat boxes 2 times a day ( I have 3 boxes to 4 cats and 2 litter trained rabbits)
Use baking soda and vinegar down your drains to keep any sink smells at bay.
As for your sons wellll that’s tough my sons room smelled like a gym locker through his whole teenaged years and he was clean but I can’t help you with that. Now that he is grown and out of the house it’s not my problem.

1 Like

Once we pulled our carpet up, most of the smell went away. I also use scentsy in all rooms except the bathroom and kitchen(I tend to always spill it in the kitchen). Open the windows and doors, fresh air does a lot for you and your home.

Hide dyer sheets under your rugs, Couches, spray for the curtains, and baking soda before you vacuum!

You can buy candles for pet smells. A good cleaner is called odo ban. That can go on fabrics.

Get rid of the animals, make the sons bathe everyday, and if tge have stinky clothes get a hamper only for them and if you have a covered porch put it out there. As the boys become adults let them get their own place they can come visit after they have bathed and changed into clean clothes

6 Likes

Vacuum powder on The floors wait 10 mins and then vacuum! So fresh!

1 Like

Get Back to Nature Sells deodorizing sprays

Also Open the windows sometimes and let fresh air in and stank out

Simmer potpourri on the stove or cinnamon sticks

1 Like

I have 3 boys and 5 cats and I have no issue with my house smelling bad… It’s just a little messy from the 4yr old and his toys lol

1 Like

Get rid of all of them.

6 Likes

I have six dogs and one cat. You need to wash your dog bedding once a week and bath you dogs every six weeks or so. I bleach tile floors and mop my hardwoods three times per week. swiffer everyday & vacuum. I use fabreze plug ins for the dog smell.

1 Like

Clean your carpet and your walls regularly…

Anyone suggesting wax warmers or whatever just wanna hide the smell not clean it. I have 2 reef tanks so I can’t use a lot of things like that. House doesn’t smell like dogs either…

2 Likes

Keep it clean N it won’t smell

2 Likes

1- Scoop cat little daily, and add some.
2- bath dogs regularly and then use a daily Deodorizing dog spray
3-vacuum 2 x a day morning and evening.
4- wax warmer (not to cover but to help)
5- shampoo the carpet’s regularly they hold so much grime
6-wash pet items weekly
7-shoe sprays
8- also clean sporting equipment weekly
9- shampoo Furniture and rugs and in between shampoos use a fabric refresher

I have 1 dog, turtle, 4 cats, 2 littler boxes, it’s a lot to stay on top of.

Clear every day wax melts too

Bathe dogs weekly, clean litter box, if that don’t help change the scent of the litter, open windows and doors and let in fresh air and the stank out, get a fabreeze air spray thingy that goes off every so often, make sure the boys take baths everyday or after they come inside from being outside. Wash bedding weekly, same as with clothes obviously lol make sure they throw trash away, old food or food that doesn’t get eaten put in separate trash can outside the home that way it doesn’t stink up the house. Vacuum daily and wash dishes daily and clean toilets once a week and mop floors once a week.

Bath and body works candles :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: n ditch the cat crapping in a box IN the house :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

4 kids, 2 dogs and 2 cats
I use max melter and Mr clean on everything.

For litter box I have powder that goes at the bottom to make it smell good and I use scented litter

2 Likes

Keep it clean vaccume ,laundry floors

Wax warmers oil diffusers and simmer pots can help tremendously. I also buy a bunch of febreeze

1 Like

Boil water with some lemon, rosemary and vanilla extract… you can add cinnamon sticks OR slices of orange too if you’d like.

1 Like

Candles from aldi. They’re like $4 and smell sooo good. I feel like other candles only smell good when you smell them. These actually make the WHOLE house smell good. I’m in a town house and if I light one in the kitchen I can smell it from upstairs!

1 Like

2 dog, 3 cat home in Florida, where windows can’t always be opened due to high humidity…
My routine.
Arm & hammer pet odor powder on carpets before vacuuming, vacuum furniture the dogs get on and febreze, endless dusting w lemon scented furniture polish, plop a few melts in the wax warmers … .
My son said the house smelled like Christmas when he came in yesterday.

Get rid of the cats and the kids​:tipping_hand_woman::rofl:

2 Likes

l Get paid over $118 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $14685 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://DollarsBox592.pages.dev/

I have one of these. Def worth the money I got it when I had 5 kids, 4 dogs and 2 cats and could always smell dog. This took the animal smell away completely. Shark HE402AMZ Air Purifier 4 True HEPA with Microban Protection, up to 1000 Sq. Ft., Captures 99.98% of particles, allergens, viruses, smoke, odors to 0.1–0.2 microns, Advanced Odor Lock, 4 Fan, Grey https://a.co/d/8kjfLzL

Baking soda in all the stinky areas, litter box, trash cans, laundry baskets, bedrooms, inside your couch, everywhere

Put dryer sheets in your vents and mope with hot hot water with little bleach and pine-Sol vacuum your carpets with the pet carpet freshener and then a different  scent of carpet freshener not for pets and vacuum again.

I feel ya in that one! This definitely helps me! Get a spray bottle put some warm water in it then those downy dryer beads pour some of those inside the bottle doesn’t take much shake spray you will smell it the next morning!!!:cat:

I have 2 dogs and I vacuum daily. Dust once a week. Have those glade spray things in all rooms. I have febreeze fabric spray that in my daily routine of cleaning I spray curtains, furniture etc.

1 Like

Get those washer beads, mix it with hot water to where it melts and makes that mixture, spray your home.

l Get paid over $118 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $14685 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://DollarsBox619.pages.dev/

Clean the litter box everyday, use fabric sprays, wax warmers and automatic air freshers

1 Like

Scentsy! And I sell it

I like Bath & Body Works wallflowers plug ins; they’re exceptionally strong. Those automatic litter boxes are pricey ($400), but could be worth it if it saves time, hassle and keeps the house smelling better.

Keep everyone out of the house as much as possible to keep smells outdoors. Yes to opening windows as much as possible.

Dry clothes outside if you are able.

Talk with the boys about hygiene. Have them pick deodorant and body spray. Also have them pick fabric softener or dryer sheets to make clothes smell better. Tell them others (especially girls) won’t like them if they smell bad. Showers and shampoo every day followed by deodorant until the worst of puberty is over.

Don’t have husbands, kids or animals.

:woman_shrugging:t2::joy: totally joking I have everything except pets.

I have wallflowers, diffusers and wax warmers and they do the job!

4 Likes

I cleaned my floors every single day and wash all bedding towels rugs etc every week I light candles and use febreeze plug ins. Dust daily. I only have 1 big dog but it helps! When I had a cat it went to bathroom outside like a dog bc I hate litter boxes. I spend a lot on cleaning supplies and smell good stuff lol :laughing: but worth it

Boil some water with orange peels, and cinnamon sticks… let simmer… Smells amazing.

4 Likes

Apple peels, lemon, cinnamon stick , orange peels, water. Bring to boil then simmer on stove…entire house smells amazing

1 Like

Airwick plug ins Definitely help. I have all tile and that Definitely makes a difference. When we had carpet it just traps everything. So a good carpet cleaner if you have carpet. Febreeze sprays. Scented candles. And a little hack I learned is buy strong scented bath salts and put them in your garbage under the bag. I do it for my kitchen garbage and bathroom garbage, makes a difference. I change it out once a week.

Lots of wax melt warmers, they have all different kinds at Walmart and lots of different scents

Constantly wiping floors up with cleaners I’m multiple dog home
Also the plug in the wall air fresheners

I like to burn incense

Enchanted Sugar all natural candles

With that many animals you have to clean clean clean and clean constantly

2 Likes

Keeping vents clean, air purifiers, changing filters, wax warmers, those renuzit twist open things hidden in corners, OdoBan spray, dryer sheets in pillow cases, a very specific way of washing my linens to keep them smelling good for longer, febreze plugins, airing out the house when I can, cleaning the carpets, cleaning with vinegar or baking soda as needed, make sure to clean your garbage disposal and your drains, I also put stuff in the trash can under where the bag goes to keep it from smelling, gave the cats their own little closet to keep their litter box in, and cut a small hole for them to go in and out, and section off that bottom part of the closet so that we could keep the door closed and still use it for storage in the upper part. Also kept the litter box in a small tote and cleaned it more often than some people tend to, also experimented with different room sprays on my curtains and throw pillows and rugs. Making sure to groom dogs really helps too

I use Wal-Mart candles hazel nut is the best …

Girl, if you set your house on fire, then it’ll smell like a camp fire! Lol #SmellsLikeAutumn

3 Likes

Glade auto sprayers lol

An air purifier is really the only way… all the others just smell like perfumed animals.

4 Likes

Constant cleaning (2 dogs, 2 rabbits, 2 cats) you have to clean everything regularly, floors walls furniture it all holds an odor. Constant cleaning and fabric refresher and you won’t smell them.

4 Likes

Constantly cleaning keeping a windows open almost 24/7 and candles and wall plug ins . Even laundry just always rotate and clean maybe if you have a liter box put outside and also wash your animals more often and yiur kids lmao shoes outside I mean there are so many tips clean your carpets and vacuum with powder in between cleanings

1 Like