How to parent teens?

I’d take her to a psychiatrist,theres a reason for her behavior

6 Likes

No, you can’t kick her out. But, you also can take EVERYTHING. and I mean everything out of her room. Id leave her with 2 outfits both ugly and from a thrift store. A mattress, pillow and blanket. Other than a bible, crayon and spiral notebook. Her room would be empty when she got home. If shes so grown, she can get her own stuff.

7 Likes

While she’s gone put her things out side with a note change locks on the doors and lock all Windows so she can’t get in

My mom went to court when I was 15 and said I can’t control her anymore and after juvie I went to state custody. I’m not saying take that route but I’d make her aware it is possible. Being that age and drawing on the walls and stuff makes me think she may have alot going on in her head. Like someone else suggested though you may not be able to kick her out, even though I’m sure there is a way, but take everything out her room. She can earn it back.

2 Likes

Legal yes until she is 18 u have to take care of her. But she can not take over the household. But to me she needs one good ass whipping. My mom in her 80s n I would never disrespect her. That’s the problem these days they don’t have respect

Military school. Ask the judge. They love giving it to unruly kids. Especially teenage ones.

1 Like

Send her ass to a scared straight program… Talk to your local sherrifs department and see what they got… The inmates will set her straight :joy::joy::joy:

Military schools on boot camp. Sometimes some girls need to be scared straight to get on the right path

1 Like

If she wants to act grown I would stop buying het special things o would stop doing laundry for her… o wouldn’t be buying her makeup… paying cell phone bill if she has one… and if she is spending night with boyfriend best believe I be making sure I take her to family planning and getting her the I.U.D. birth control! Just to prevent a pregnancy! How old is the boyfriend? Where are his parents in all this? If she is vandalizing your home… she loosing a bedroom! She can sleep on couch when she’s home… since she is having a tantrum in her room… and I be pressing charges on her for the vandalize walls! I’m sure if u call or talk to a cop he will tell u what you could do! And I be talking to child protective services! But I would stop buying things she really doesn’t need… Oh and that cell phone well guess who would be getting a old school flip phone? If she wants to act like she is in control u need to reverse the roles and snow her that if it wasn’t for u she wouldn’t have the things she has… clean clothes, phone, make-up , new clothes, hey thrift stores has awesome clothes, being 16 makeup and how she looks is everything down to clothes and shoes… but u can’t get in trouble because she has clothes on her back and a place to sleep. Does she need a ride well vueaa what she has to perfectly good legs to walk with…
She needs to remember who makes the rules and who is in charge! She sounds like she has been spoiled far to long…
I had a issue with my 16 year old and guess what I did all these things and when she had only what she. Needed and nothing extra the table changed… and then it all came out! I got the whole you love Jon (My oldest son) more then me you always have always Will! Speech and then I realized she was jellouse of her brother who was 19 had a job has worked since he was 16, who bought his own car with his own money who bought his own 52 inch flat screen tv and x box with his own money, and his own cell phone and tablet… I told her yes I’m proud of him because he’s out there since 16 trying to work for the things he wants! So yes I’m very proud but that doesn’t mean I love him more… I told her he didn’t disrespect the rules he didn’t scream yell or cuss at me… and then she spilled her whole heart out… but it wasn’t till I took away the stuff she wanted and not needed… I’m really sorry your going through this it was a hard time tough love is so hard I bawled my eyes out for days when she was home… but I would defnitly find out what the laws are for you about telling her to go live with her boyfriend… and if u do let her go live there i would change locks on the house keep windows locked when not home… don’t message her unless she messages you… I did this with my daughter… she was gone for a month… and reality hit her hard! She eventually messaged me with a huge apology note we talked and poured our hearts to eachother i let her back in with rules! She had chores and she had a curphew! But if it had not been for that tough love Lord i would not of made it through… I’m not saying this is what you should do… but this is what I Did! Good luck!

6 Likes

Am I missing something here? Military school for writing on the walls? I’d be trying to stay with my boyfriend too!

This girl sounds like she’s struggling. She might need a more tender approach. And I’m speaking as a mother of 3 teenagers.

5 Likes

You are the parent and she has to listen. Tell her if doesnt like your rules then a local girls home would be the only other option.

1 Like

You can call the police on her for vandalizing your home. Just because she is 17 doesn’t mean she has to live there a group home will straighten her ass out.

Don’t kick her out … figure out the root of the issues.

3 Likes

Turn her into Adult protective services. Abuse goes both ways and rights are protected.

5 Likes

First of all.

Retrain this brat.
Take everything out of her room. Give her a mattress on the floor.
You wana act like a dog you gonna get the dog treatment.
She wants food? Best believe she better respect you and do housework in order to eat.
You wana use our power and water best believe u not using shit if u act like a spoilt rotten kid.

U wana go stay at ur boyfriends and be a adult u gon get treated like a adult. I assume she’s unemployed so she can pay her way with chores and a attitude check.

Get her one white hanes t shirt, an ugly sports bra, granny panties and a pair of grey hanes sweatpants. Then take everything out of her room expect her bed and a toothbrush. I assume you’ve bought her everything and since shes under your roof, shes under your rules. Why doesnt she want to leave if he thinks it’s so bad there?? Brat.

2 Likes

Minnesota Teen Challenge!

Intervention program
Youth services information & help. Report her damaging your house so its noted with authories.

3 Likes

STOP being her friend, be a parent. YOU are the adult, not her. Its YOUR house, not hers. Better question…why are YOU also raising 4 grandkids? Sounds like she needs a dose of reality. Take away everything you provide, if shes such and adult. Let her GO and be one. Insane parents cater to this shit. This is what’s wrong with our kids. We cant discipline them or its abuse. We cant tell.them No because then youre mean and not the cool parent. Screw that. My kids have a healthy fear of me. Im good with that. Make mistakes…deal, with consequences. Think before you talk. Its called old fashion RESPECT.

Have you considered having her admitted for psyche eval/treatment? They will only have her for a limited time as paid for by your insurance. She may have some improved behavior with therapy, you will get a break, and she gets the idea that you can do this til she’s 18 when you CAN make her leave. Calling the authorities is an option but they can wind up keeping her longer than you intended and your control is over the moment they place her in cuffs and the vehicle.

1 Like

Even 17 year olds can be charged with destruction of property, threats, and disturbing the peace. I’d be getting a -you’re-outta-here calendar and smiley face sticker for each day closer.

Give away the clothes you bought her and leave her a set to change into in order to wash the other set. Same deal with jackets and coats and shoes. Give her room to the other kids and she can sleep on the couch when she shows up.

2 Likes

Don’t give her a key, and take the kids to school and lock tbe doors when you leave. Reward the other kids for not acting like her.

If you fit in her stuff and you bought it, wear them places like to the school where everyone else can see the stylish new you.

No paying for the little psycho’s phone.

It depends on your state. In some states, like mine, as long as she’s in school, you’re responsible for her and that includes college. My friend was almost arrested for taking her daughter’s cell phone and she was the one paying the bill!! Now days these kids have more power then the parents and they are taught just that. I would be checking out the laws in your state. Good luck!!

2 Likes

If in victoria Australia she can go 2 the court & say she has no where 2 go & under section 83 of the family law u can’t kik her out