How to parent teens?

You can start by cutting off her cell phone and taking the house keys away, change garage code too. This way she learns respect and structure for your time. If she is driving a car you gave her, sell it. Tell her to buy or own or call her bf to pick her up. Her bf will get tired of her very fast. Start collecting rent and tell her you do have legal rights to kick her out and you will get a court order for a restraining order against her bc she is dangerous to you and your grandkids. If you can get her out, she will finally learn to appreciate you. I wish you the best of luck

I would buy her a one person pup tent set it up in the far corner of the back yard and that is where she would stay , giver her a cooler with ,water. A loaf of bread and a jar of peanut butterā€¦ Let her in the home in the morning to shower , with a 10 minute timer on it. Put her clothes in bathroom that she is to wear to school.
Put pad locks on what use to be her bedroomā€¦
No other privaleges.
Come on parents it is your home Not Hers.
Give her A Big Dose Of Tough Loveā€¦

1 Like

SHE WOULD LIVE BY MY RULES R THERE IS THE DOOR DONā€™T LET IT HIT YOU IN THE ASS. YOU REALLY NEED. Start cking things out that u can an cannot do the law has changed so much. Now days u canā€™t do shit 2 straight thingā€™s out. Might not be bad idea 2 txt Dr. Phil heā€™s had a few of these prob on his show. Pls donā€™t wait take steps now sleep one eye open. good luck

Id take everything away though. Lock the doors when she doesnt come home. Leave her matress and nothing else in the room she gets her pillows and blankets at bed time and her clothes when she gets dressed in the morning. The clothes you pick out for her. She writes on the walls then she scrubs every wall in the house. Technically you can have her sent to jail if shes too out of control but it has to be pretty bad for that

Go talk to a judge, they will give her a chance to either straighten up or be awarded to the court, If she comes & goes as she wishes maybe she should move in with her boyfriend, sheā€™s old enough to get a job & treat yā€™all better, if she canā€™t go see a judge & see what they say. Good luckā€¦

2 Likes

Call social services. Surrender her. Shell stay in a group home for a cpl months and theyā€™ll kick her ass out

Please keep telling yourself that this is your last chance at trying before she can move out on her own. Talk to her without yelling even when she does. Call her boyfriendā€™s parents and tell them you donā€™t want her staying over until sheā€™s an adult. Ask them to send her home or call you to pick her up. Your little girl is in there somewhere and thereā€™s a reason she is doing what she is doing however much of it is age appropriate I have a feeling. Tell her that it hurts when she talks to you like that. Make time for her. It is disrespectful to write on the walls and doors with something new that you have worked hard for but walls can be painted. In her mind she is probably just trying to express herself. Wishing you all the best and hoping your choices now make a positive effect on her future.

3 Likes

Children have to answer for their own actions at 16 .Know the law. Do not let a child tell you what you can and cannot do. Do not let a child hold you hostage. Make sure she knows that, if you cannot kick her out,(even if you can) you CAN have her committed for long-term mental evaluation, maybe till she is 18, at least, for being uncontrollable. See how she likes the thought of that!

3 Likes

Take off her bedroom door

1 Like

I would report all the damage to the police and ask them your legal rights. Even if you cannot kick her out, you can make her responsible and charge her for the damage to your house.

1 Like

Send her to Juvenile Detention until shes 18 lol

4 Likes

Call the cops everytime she yells at u, hits u or attempts to hit u, leaves without your permission n stays out, destroys ur property or even if youā€™re afraid of her. Just went through this with my daughter. She finally fucked up enough n was court ordered to girls school. Keep making attempts to help her cuz it looks good in the eyes of the law. Start documenting everything that happens. When she skips school, call the police, the school resource officer, guidance counselor, her teacher whomever u need to. Sheā€™ll end up hanging herself eventually and the courts will take over n itā€™ll be out of your hands.

Consider military school? Sounds self-destructive and needs to turn her life around.

5 Likes

Bring her to Jamaica and deal and deal with her the old skool way

1 Like

Check dr Phil help for both of u

May god bless you I feel your pain

Hahahaha. Kick her out. Or have the police come police come get her.

2 Likes

Take everything away, set a curfew and contact the cops each time she breaks it, put your foot down stop letting her think she can walk all over you because if you donā€™t the other kids in your house will learn from her that they can do it too without consequences. Set the rules stick to the rules and donā€™t back down.

9 Likes

Take her to court and emancipate her.

1 Like

Depending on what state you live inā€¦you can go to jail and lose custody of your grand children for child neglect. Look up the state laws

3 Likes

Kick her out. They are legally allowed to live alone at 16. Maybe sheā€™ll realize how good she has it.

1 Like

Take everything you bought away from her. I dont know how it is where you live but where I live you can kick her out right now.

Sign her over as a ward of the state & change the locks.

3 Likes

Farrkk ungrateful little bitch kick her to the curb u dont need that bullshit boof out she goes

Send her to a bootcamp!

2 Likes

Whoop her butt she needs a butt whooping

take everything out of her room except her nessessaties.the nessessities being her bed ,bedding and and few outfits.take away all her makeup her phone and anything else in her bedroom.she is also entitled to food as well.she will pitch a fit and probably get worse for a short time, thinking you will give in.though you cant legally kick her out you would still be legally within your rights to provide her with only the nesesaties. She my learn to appreciate you,respect you and learn that life doesnā€™t revolve around her.if she follows the rules then slowly reward her by letting her earn one thing at a time back.leaving the things that mean most to her until until she has behaved and earned her other things back.she may learn not to take you for granted and prevent her from disrespecting others as well as you and your husband.she needs to realize you make the rules not her.whatever you decide to do I hope it works.

2 Likes

No why would a 64-year-old have a 16-year-old daughter something funny there

1 Like

Send her ass to boot camp or a military school ā€¦

Wowā€¦ Iā€™m out of breathe from reading this article without a single punctuationā€¦

4 Likes

You can kick her out when sheā€™s uncontolable. Because by law your kids can leave home at 17. So if they can leave home at 17 then you can kick her out at 17.

Does she have a job? Do you pay her phone bill? Do you take care of all of her needs? Take shit away from her and sign your rights away. My boyfriends parents werenā€™t there for him so he got emancipated at 16 and had a job and his own apartment. She thinks she has it so rough right now and wants to be her own boss, let her. Change the locks and wish her luck.

Had the same problem with my son and had to call police on him neva wanted too but kids pull u too a point wer u have too pull the line with them and they gave him a warning and believe me I couldnā€™t asked for a much better son todayā€¦

1 Like

She needs an old fashion Ass Beating ! But we know when she donā€™t have you guys no more what she would nt do just to share one moment with the only people who truly cared !

Get her emancipated and then you canā€™t evict her

It is ALL your fault. You didnā€™t teach her respect starting at young age (5). Where were you the first time that she disrespected you? I feel sorry for her , for having a soft mother & father.

4 Likes

Freak her out and get an emancipation form and get her to sign it :+1:t2:

1 Like

She needs a reality check dont donā€™t get her anything make her work for dont donā€™t wash her clothesā€¦ clean her roomā€¦ dont pay for her phone bill nothing ā€¦ gave her hard love time to be home or lock her out ā€¦ put yur foot down ā€¦ dont donā€™t let her run your home yur the boss own it ā€¦ much love :heart:

2 Likes

Call someone else in law enforcement and report abuse from her and that you want her to be put in juvenile, for her behaviour. Thatā€™s abuse to you and everyone else in the household just let the cops know that your worried about the other children, and that she is totally out of control.

6 Likes

I was kicked out at 17. Not for being bad, but bc my mom wanted to party and wanted privacy. I learned a lot though real quick.

Kick her out, Tough Love but notify the youth section of your local police to give them a heads up. You Do Not have to put up with her total disrespect and domineering nature. She needs to respect the rules otherwise she deserves no respect. She is using emotional blackmail and this is not acceptable. You also donā€™t have to deal with her ā€œTellingā€ you what she will do and when.

Kick her out dont let her be that way

Make it OK again for legal wooden spoon accross her backside and probably wouldnā€™t have the issue

2 Likes

Change the locks . No one needs that crap

One day while sheā€™s at school or one night when sheā€™s out, Iā€™d clean out her room. Her matress would be in the floor with necessary bedding, enough clothes and jammies for a week, and necessary personal hygiene products. Everything else would either be locked up, sold, or donated. If you pay for her cell cut the service off. Make her feel like sheā€™s in prison in her own home. I have one step daughter pushing boundaries, I flat out told her to knock her shit off or pay me rent then she can do what she wants. Next step I will be gutting her room just like I said. I donā€™t put up with that. I donā€™t want my young kids thinking itā€™s acceptable behavior.

There are teenage girls being abducted, put into sex trafficking and killed every single day. You do not put a teenage girl on the street. Teenagers arenā€™t easy but if you have any love in your heart for her, you donā€™t abandon her. There are many other ways to go about dealing with her behavior. No her behavior is not ideal or okay, but YOU will be held responsible legally for putting her out. She can leave on her will at 17, but you cannot put her out until 18.

5 Likes

Send her on holiday with Kate and Jerry McCann theyā€™ll soon lose her

2 Likes

You need to talk to a lawyer and found out if you have to take care of her or not.

What mother would kick her own son or daughter out ? :frowning: how hard it is , she is still your child , sounds to me you want the easy way out of motherhood ā€¦

2 Likes

Put her up for adoption

1 Like

Removal of privileges, phone, car, any access she has to money & nice things, she wants to behave like sheā€™s an adult already and knows all. Let her see whatā€™s it like in the real world without kicking her out. Have a yard sale of her stuff to pay for the damages sheā€™s caused to your home.

8 Likes

They have a behavioral center put her in one if she keep acting out

2 Likes

She is a teen going through some stuff she definitely needs help

Take things away, call juvenile, child protection services, call mental health in your community, call police. Call her school counselor. You can kick her out with conditions. Leaving and staying out all night with boyfriend is grounds for juvenile or child protective services to get involved if you donā€™t do something you will be raising grandkid number 5. You can send her to juvenile behavior boot camp through your mental health.

1 Like

Iā€™d definitely get the police involved. Call them. Maybe they can take her to juvy for a weekend. Call them when she leaves and goes missing, vandalizing your home. Pretty much call them as on everything you can. You have 4 other small children to worry about and care for while keeping them safe.

2 Likes

Call the cops and have them take her juvenile detention after 1night there I bet she changes her mind , she just needs to get a real eye full of where she could be living , such disrespect for her parents is uncalled for , and kids today donā€™t even respect themselves ā€¦

1 Like

It really depends on where youā€™re from. I lived in Missouri and was able to get emancipated at 17. I moved in with my teacher and was able to sign myself for stuff at school. My dad was still legally responsible for me which I know pissed him off. Good luck

I would put her in group home for wayward teens never let a child control ur life she needs help see if u can get her that help itā€™s called tough love

2 Likes

It really depends on where youā€™re from. I lived in Missouri and was able to get emancipated at 17. I moved in with my teacher and was able to sign myself for stuff at school. My dad was still legally responsible for me which I know pissed him off. Good luck

Kick her ass out. Some states you can live on your own at 17. Make a report with law enforcement on her. Call the cops on her when sheā€™s at home. Go to her school make her life hell for her to want to move out. If she is claiming she has to live at home then shes still a minor, if the law sees her as a child (and shes acting like one) then you have the right to make changes. I would have her locked up for a night maybe she might have time to think!

Ship her off to military school.

1 Like

Right because instead of getting her therapy or trying to get to know why sheā€™s acting out. Kicking her out seems way better of an option. Cause I mean sheā€™s only your kid

17 Likes

Its hard being a teenagerā€¦something is definitely going on in her life why she is behaving this wayā€¦I would sit and talk to her first to see where the behavior is coming fromā€¦I personally wouldnā€™t kick my daughter out its a crazy world out thereā€¦i would take away everything she loves and just stop doing things for her prove to her that she needs you more than she thinksā€¦dont put your daughter in any group hope mental health or anything like thatā€¦that stuff stays on your record for life even if they tell you it donā€™tā€¦have a friend that experience thisā€¦even councling they can pull up on your recordā€¦councling is not a bad thingā€¦but you dont want all that mental healthā€¦group home stuff on your childs recordā€¦shell be 18 soon where she knows she will have to be responsible for herselfā€¦donā€™t spoil her future at this pointā€¦ā€œonly if she becomes a threat to you and the family then its time to considerā€ sounds like a typical teenager to me that just needs more attentionā€¦and that boy is probably given it to herā€¦sit and have a talk with your daughterā€¦you may be suprise to whats bothering herā€¦kids dont act out for no reasonā€¦the majority of timesā€¦even if you give them the world sometimes its still a piece of puzzle missing out there life that they just dont know how to express itā€¦have a talk!!

Give her to the state ā€¦ bye bye :handbag:

2 Likes

My nephew was like that he beat the walls in ,2 64 in tvā€™s were shattered,beay dents in the cars,turn my mom over in chairs and jump up and down on her, cuss everybody out when things didnt go his way.we took him to mental health that place was a joke so they put him in a mental hospital so they could test him he had anger management,ADHD, by polar they give him medicine for his problems it helped alt if he missed his meds we all was put through hell and i know this sounds bad but smoking pot helped better than anything. Now he is 30 years old met the love of his life and doing very well he still takes his meds smoke his pot and he is a very pleasant petson yo be around now oh and i forgot he also went to jail for a year for hurting his brother that straightened him up along with his meds if you get violet and the cops are called i think 3 times they will put him in jail get to know your policeman without her knowing and they can help through these outburst ((good luck been there , done what your doing took years to figure it all out so now that you know you might not have to go through as many years as we did feel free to text me if you need to talk hang in there i know its hard

1 Like

I honestly think she is acting out for attention. I wouldnā€™t kick her out. She may need therapy. I obviously donā€™t know the reasons you have custody, but she sounds like she doesnā€™t know how to express her hurt or emotions properly. She needs love right now.

4 Likes

She is going through stuff in life right now. No matter how hard she pushes you away or acts out this is when she needs you the most. Kicking her out is ridiculous parenting, you need to get her help she is crying out for help and no body is helping. Kicking her out is going to give her false beliefs that her family doesnā€™t care about her. You owe it to her as the adults in her life to not give up on her just because she is being difficultā€¦

2 Likes

May I point out some of youā€™s ideas for disciplining her and what they should do are beyond horrendousā€¦
No wonder why the newer generations are growing up to be like this.
ā€œThrow her outā€ ā€œcheck her into a mental hospitalā€ ā€œcall the copsā€ ā€œgive her to the foster systemā€

I pray to God you people saying this donā€™t raise children.

This girl is going through stuff and yes there other kids involved but in NO WAY should a teenage be thrown out or have any disciplinary suggestions half of you all are giving them.
She needs help, to figure out the root of the problem not just throw her away because sheā€™s out lashing. PARENTIG IS ABOUT UNCONDITIONAL LOVE!
Why donā€™t you throw yourselves away because God knows no of you are perfect making those accusations.
No wonder why these kids are being raised to have more and more mental health problems and that suicide is the second leading cause if death among teens and that someone attempts suicide every 40 seconds and suicide rates have gone up by 60% over the last 45 years.

5 Likes

Kicking her out is just going to end up pushing her away. You need to sit down with her and tell her that you love her beyond all words and comprehension and you want whatā€™s best for her, but this acting out is hurting you. You need to tell her that youā€™re willing to listen whenever she is ready. As for bedroom walls, those can be painted over. Your relationship with her cannot be painted over.

2 Likes

Emancipation is a last resort but yeah you can put her disrespectful self out and legally.

Hell no. I left at 16. Take her to a homeless shelter

3 Likes

These kids need to stop being coddled

2 Likes

Kick her out, Iā€™ve had same problem with kids an adult grdkids, it hurt me to do it but Iā€™m not the grdma to fuck with ,my house is mine not yours I offered help but they also thought they could take over so I threw them out the door an threw all there shit which I had bought most of it out in the yard an locked my doors!

Get help. Law enforcement canā€™t help unless she breaks the law or physically hurts someone. If itā€™s not stopped it will get worse. When she leaves society will have to deal with her. If she is vandalizing the house you could press charges and then start the process of getting her into a home thatā€™s for troubled children. Good luck hope all turns out well.:pray:

1 Like

Kick her out she is 16 legally old enough to work and old enough to sleep at her boyfriend. He should take her in then. Hell no if she has no respect and doesnā€™t falter u rules well guess what itā€™s time for her to grow up the hard way.

3 Likes

Sheā€™s a child, your her parent. You need to take her phone away, ground her and make her stay home or call the police and report runaway. Sheā€™s a minor you have custody of herā€¦ donā€™t allow a kid to walk all over you. Fuck that.

And if need be homeschool her ass keep her away from other kids

And this is supposed to be a mamas group!!! Nothing motherly about half the crap yā€™all saying

Call the cops on her! If she breaks the law in anyway including threatening anyone she can be put in a detention center where she can live for free as well. Only difference is thereā€™s no talking back there you want breakfast you better be up at 5am with your floor mopped and room cleaned. Been there I know

1 Like

Find a group home for her, a place with rules and reason. You cannot control her and she isnā€™t safe on the streets. Does boyfriend have parents? What are they saying?

Maybe you should try and talk to her. Maybe something tramatic has happened to her ahes to embarrassed to bring upā€¦ Shes clearly angry over something. Sounds like a cry for help.

Simple, kick her out! Stop disrespecting our elders smh

To all yā€™all saying just kick her outā€¦do you have kids? Would YOU DO THAT TO YOUR KIDS?! Like how can anyone even suggest that?! This girl needs help, thereā€™s many underlying reasons she is doing this. She needs to he sat down and LISTENED TO!!! Without being yelled at, disregarded and such. She just needs some help. You got two years to fix your relationship with your daughter before you either kick her out or she leaves, when either of those happen, without her getting the proper help, youā€™ll likely never see your daughter again.

4 Likes

If she wants to go with the boyfriend tell her to pack her stuff and go permanently. If she stays she should pay for her actions. Take her door off the hinges and if ahe destroys the house then call the cops and they will put her in a mental institution. Probably only be there a couple days but maybe she needs a wakeup call

1 Like

But what are you doing? I dunno though. I watched where Dr Phil ends up with these type of girlsā€¦

Call child protective

3 Likes

Sounds like sheā€™s abusing you and your husband. I would file a protective order-for your safety and grandkids. She needs to leave. Love and hugs-been there done that.

3 Likes

In Texas legal age to move out is 17. But if they are in school I do not believe they can leave. But you cant kick her out un till she is 18 because by law you have to .

By law you have to take care of her till she is 18 but that doesnā€™t mean you have to put up with all of it. So I actually dont know what you could došŸ˜ž

Clearly she needs to seek therapy. She has anger and resentment built up probably from her upbringing. And you legally canā€™t kick her out at 17 she could call on you

3 Likes

Take privileges away, give her the smallest room and the absolute basics. Donā€™t kick her out, lay down ground rules and be consistent. If she wants privilege, she must earn it.

Send her off to a detention center for troubled teenagers. One time away she will realize you are serious and probably calm down.

1 Like

Talk to the magistrate judge, take a warrant for UNRULY CHILD, belive me that will do something, or call your local family and children service and explain sheā€™s causing probelems, and sleeping with boys at their house. How old is this boyfriend, if heā€™s 17 or older he can be charged with staturetore rape and between the two youā€™ll receive help. Do this unless you just needed to vent.

1 Like

Whatā€™s that show called where the kids are put in jail (pretend) to see what itā€™s like if they donā€™t straighten up? Scared Straight!

You know sometimes teens act out when they need you the most. Especially girls, they dont hate you. She might be going through something that she doesnt yet feel able to tell you. From experience the more they push you away, the more they actually need you. As for cussing thats become such a norm that it cant be your sole purpose for kicking her out. Your love for her should get u over this hurtle. If you cant embrace her at her worst then you dont deserve to be there at her best. She WILL remember this

5 Likes

Kick her out. Lock the doors and donā€™t let her back in. Did you buy the cloths? Did you buy everything she uses? Thatā€™s yours too. Bye little slut struggle and see what lifes really likeā€‹:raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed: if she calls the cops sheā€™s a runaway, unruly, you fear for your safety and any other childrenā€™s safety in the home and can not allow someone aggressive back into your home. Tell them to take her, tell them she will break things and hit you, whatever you have to say, say it. :ok_hand:

Call the cops and have her removed when she acts out

You have to feed and clothe her provide a roof over her headā€¦however that does not mean that she should get what she wantsā€¦like liver and onions for dinner, plain inexpensive jeans and shirts from resale store wool blanket on floorā€¦no cell phone etc.

Pack her stuff. Put it outside the front door. Leave a note saying if you want to act grown and talk to your parents like dirt and not follow our house rules. Then go on be an adult but it wont be here. We dont allow disrespectful kids in this house.
You can kick her out at 17. So dont let her tell you different. If she saids no you cant. Then say ok. We will take you to a mental hospital. And you can stay there till your 18. Dont let her talk or treat you like dirt. Stand up and put your foot down. Its not a good environment for the grand kids to be around. They see her being disrespectful then they will think its ok for them to be. And then the cycle repeats itself

2 Likes

Just have her committed

1 Like