How to potty train a boy?

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How do you send your breastfed baby to daycare? - Mamas Uncut

My son stand right up against the toilet and holds it off the toilet lol and goes. Hes never peed on my toilet or my floor. And I’m not meaning to brag. I’m really proud lol.

2 Likes

Take the potty seat off and let him try. Or have him sit.
Or aim for a cheerio!

1 Like

Why not try having him sit down to pee?

Teach him that it is ok to sit. His future wife will thank you forever.

3 Likes

Cheerios or fruit loops in the potty to aim at.

7 Likes

I put my son on the toilet backwards sitting down. No issues and now he is 26 years old.

1 Like

I use to push it down myself… after a few times he didn’t like me doing it and did it himself.

If he can reach have him lean and put his hands on the back of the toilet. That’s how I potty trained my boys at school.

1 Like

Give him something to aim for! Cereal of any kind!

I had the same problem with my son, I taught both my grandsons to pee standing up. It was so much easier!

3 Likes

Toss a couple of cheerios and ask him to hit the target. #momof4

1 Like

Float something in the toilet and challenge him to hit it. A crouton, a small pretzel, a potato chip… Something that will be flushable

Teach him how to hold and aim and even sitting down he’ll learn to push it down while he’s going my son is 3 and is finally potty trained and his favorite this is his frog urinal off of Amazon for $8 and he’s learned to aim and hold his penis so he doesn’t pee everywhere, or a step stool so he can stand and aim in the actual toilet versus sitting on the potty seat

Have the daddy take him in there.

2 Likes

We used froot loops and told him to shoot them it worked really good #5boyslater

Ping pong ball in the toilet

Teach him to hold it down or have him stand and use fruit loops for aiming.

They sell little boy toddler urinals like frogs I believe with an aimer of some sort I think Google it I think they sell even at wallmart!

Teach Him to PEE, Between, the Roots of a Tree Outside, Practice Makes Perfect…
FYI… Don’t Tell Him, “Trees Eat Dirt” …
Dirty Tree Pee Splashes n All…

My oldest potty trained outside :sweat_smile: i lived somewhere that was possible at the time. It took no time for him that way litteraly. That was the easiest time I’ve ever potty trained a kid.

Works great for my 2.5 year old . Adjust the height and teach to aim before the big potty

Float Cheerios , and have him try and sink them .:slightly_smiling_face:

I used tiny pieces of color sponges floating, to help with “aim”!?

Get him a stool so he can stand up in front of the potty and toss some Fruit Loops in the potty and make it an “aim for the Fruit Loops” game. Worked perfectly for my 2 boys.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How do you send your breastfed baby to daycare? - Mamas Uncut

Can you go in and be like look you gotta aim young man?

Get a stool and try having him stand on it. Put some Cheerios in the toilet and have him try to hit them.

5 Likes

Buy the cheap off brand cherrios throw a handful in the toilet tell him to hit the targets

1 Like

It doesnt end. Ive got 2 boys 12 and 9.

3 Likes

I potty trained 3 boys. I put cheerios in the toilet and had them aim at them. It became a game.

4 Likes

At the beginning I would sit him on the toilet backwards now we use a standing potty for boys

1 Like

Teach him to stand and aim much easier… either way they pee all over …my boys clean the pee now …there are more boys then girl in this house and us girls certainly dont get pee down the side of the toliet lol

Cheerios. Point and shoot.

1 Like

Try a step stool or get him a smaller toilet. Or we use ti have them sit we use and straddle the toilet ,(sit backwards) it takes more work) but that way he prefects his aim. And ut may be his ability to control and reach to aim

1 Like

Have him face the tank. Straddling and leaning forward to pee. When he figures it out, have him stand instead.

1 Like

I put cheerios in the stool so he could aim at them. Standing up.

1 Like

Agree, cheerios in the toilet and shoot em.

2 Likes

Put him on the toilet backwards…

How about a little step stool by the toilet

Try having him sit backwards on the potty and lean forward to his the tank. Kinda aims it downward… lol

Lean forward to hold onto the tank…

Put some Cheerios in the toilet and have him aim to sink them… worked with my son and grandsons…

Put a ping pong ball in the bowl to aim at, it won’t flush, also helps the older males hahaha

2 Likes

Cheerios! Toss a few in the toilet and tell him to aim for them

You can get urinals for boys on Amazon

I thought i knew alot but u learn something new everyday! Never heard of straddling backwards!! Hey if it works it works. Both my boys watched their father do it to teach them. They didnt sit down on it for very long. Before u know it bam its happening. Heard of cherrios

My brother in law used cheerios in the toilet to train his boys to hit the cheerios

Have Daddy teach him!

Try a ping pong ball in the bowl,he can aim for that and it won’t flush.

We mastered peeing sitting down first. Then worked on peeing when standing.

Order a kids urinal it will teach him to stand… then once he gets to big for that. Get a stool for front of potty… and bullseye stickers for bottom of toilet

Sit down on the potty at first x

It sounds like he’s still sitting down to pee? All you can do is remind him every time to make sure he pushes his penis down.
You could see if he prefers standing up? Get a step/box for him to stand on?

Fruit loops to aim at.

Cheerios in potty for aiming and M&Ms for when her hits them

Swear by this after it working on 4 boys. Throw a few Cheerios in the toilet and tell him he has to hit the Cheerios for a treat.

10 Likes

Put a cheerio in the toilet and tell him to try and sink It

5 Likes

There are small urinals u put on the wall they work great!

2 Likes

Another vote for having him aim at a Cheerio! Or Fruitloop or even a piece of toilet paper!

6 Likes

Froggy urinal,or just teach him to stand on a stool close to the toilet and how to hold his pee pee down

2 Likes

You literally have to teach him by showing him yourself to hold his penis down. But I alsonlet my son pee outside the back door too lol, either way he learned

Omg…I was a single mother with my son, I couldn’t get him to pee in the toilet because I couldn’t show him how to use it, was so frustrating, had to have a male friend brave enough to show him how to do it, it ain’t easy good luck!

We offered a reward. Finish being potty trained and we will take you to KC for a full weekend of fun.
That worked for a week.
Then he wanted to go back to KC, so he put himself back into pull-ups.
We told him he couldn’t have another weekend get away again.

We taught our son to hold “it” down. So he knows to push it down when sitting. Just remind him.

1 Like

My 3 year old grandson get on commode by himself and pees he hold it down so he can pee in commode. Did it on his own

I always start by having them sit backwards. Pants/undies off then face the back of the toilet. Bigger opening=less chance to miss. Then when they’re old enough to understand, I have them turn and face forward and have them either put their butt lower into the toilet or aim

3 Likes

Put them in underwear and let them pee on a tree at least while they’re outside then you can get them used to the bathroom

Float a cheerio in the bowl. Have him sink it.

I just told my son to push his Willie down lol :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Put him on the toilet backwards for awhile.

1 Like

I taught my son to sit and tuck at first. Kept my bathroom clean. It didn’t take long for him to stand and pee.

Pop a cheerio in the bowl and tell him to aim for it.

1 Like

You could try one the urinals and teach him to stand and aim.

Put some Cheerios in the toilet and tell him to sink it.:rofl:

I taught mine alone, its hard af
But youbjust gotta slow down and teach to aim
Offer rewards after

We told our son to hold it down

Teach him how to aim when standing. Boys love to pee on things so have him toss a Cheerio into the bowl so he has something to “shoot” at.

I don’t have any boys just girls , but if it was me I’d sit him on the potty chair lol :joy: then when he got old enough to pee standing up then let Him lol I might be wrong but that’s what I would do .

3 Likes

I have that problem too with my son and I got him a little kids urinal that you can get for Fairly cheap he uses that to go pee in good luck

I make my boys pee in the shower. They love it. Lol

2 Likes

Let me tell you what not to do. A little story from my ex mother in law. This was a story about my then brother in law. She trained him to sit on the potty by giving him a sandwich. They all thought it was so funny that ( in his 30’s ) to this day he still sat on the potty with a sandwich🤢 bunch of freaking weirdos !!!

Tell him how to hold himself down. Those guards never was big enough.

2 Likes

Get a big coffee can !! They love the noise it makes

Put a cheerio in the toilet tell him to aim for the center of it to see if he can pee in the cheerio believe me they will try their hardest

6 Likes

Good luck, My oldest son is 24yrs old and still misses the toilet…

3 Likes

I heard you put a ping pong ball in the loo and let them sim at it lol I’m pretty suremost boys do that even as adults lol

Maybe this lol it worked with my boys

1 Like

Sit him backwards… was a life saver with my son

I have up with the seat had him stand. He still pees everywhere sometimes but he knows he needs to wipe it up if he misses.

1 Like

It was years ago but we drew a :dart: at the bottom. After washing hands he got a treat! Lol

2 Likes

I had a step stool for them to stand on and put a few fruit loops in the toilet. They love to shoot them and the biodegrade easily.

2 Likes

Kiddy Patty’s work best…yes they will splatter and miss…but will get better…help dump it in toilet and praise praise praise

I put both of my boys backwards, facing the tank, with a cereal target.

2 Likes

I put a sheet of TP in the toilet and told my nephew to obliterate it. He loved watching the paper fall to pieces.

4 Likes

I took my boys out side and we all would all pee off the front porch ! Till that got good control then we did the mood . Didn’t take long .if it was snowing we would aim for the same hole

2 Likes

Don’t laugh at this, because it worked REALLY WELL ! A clean empty soup can they can hold and stand also which they are meant to do
Empty when finished, rinse and we are ready for next visit. Just a few days and they were all trained

2 Likes

My son’s grandpa taught him. I tried but he just didn’t get it. Going to the bathroom with papa helped him figure it out within a few days.

3 Likes