How to properly change a girls diaper?

This might sound silly but I am genuinely asking how to change a girls diaper appropriately? I have boys, I have seen the blowout poops that can happen and it worries me, theres so many more places for the poop to go with girls!!

108 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How to properly change a girls diaper?

Start at the front and work your way back!

8 Likes

Remove , clean , replace. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

The vagina is self cleaning. So just wipe the parts you can see.

Clean from front to back to avoid infection.
Blowouts…with girls its easier to clean as much as you can then a quick bath to clean properly

5 Likes

Same as you wipe I assume. Front to back. I only have boys also

2 Likes

sounds rude but I fold the wipe and go in the crease of the vagina to get out the poo

1 Like

Wipe in a down motion

2 Likes

Same as a boy ,just the opposite direction,front to back basically and yes you can clean in all areas just gently .

1 Like

always wipe front to back…

Wipe front to back, gently open the labia majora wipe front to back on each side and that’s it. The same way you’d wipe yourself clean.

14 Likes

Just clean all the places that need cleaned. Yes…all the places :woman_shrugging:t2:

5 Likes

.front to back and you could always wash them off in the sink or tub . Just run warm water over them to get it off of them then dry off .

I had all boys! If you don’t feel she is clean… Bathe her. Or quick dip

4 Likes

Use the diaper by using the front of it to wipe to the back which pretty much removes the poop, then just use wipes.

1 Like

Bruh, these comments are not passing the vibe check. Why so rude?

Front to back like you do yourself

WAIT MY MOTHERS A GENIUS!
So I noticed that sometimes chunks would get stuck… in THERE… my mom bought me this bbq squirt bottle. Room temp or Lukewarm water… don’t stick the bottle in ok it’s not that serious… just do a quick squirt flush… it doesn’t knock it further up, the body automatically kicks it back out… wiping it tends to stuff it in more but the water flush works like a dream.

15 Likes

I always use a wipe even with pee, always front to back and always get all the little crevices in their leg rolls! Use a new wipe if you’ve gone front to back, never go back to the front after you’ve wiped the rear end. That’ll give your baby girl bacterial/yeast infections. Also something I didn’t know until I had my own baby girl, is that baby girls will pee on you just as much as boys. :face_holding_back_tears::face_holding_back_tears: and they shoot poop too, so try to swap out the diaper as quickly as you can to keep it covered. :joy:

Front to back, inside all the folds and crevices. 🫱🏻‍🫲🏼
If there’s a blowout in a onesie- take the onesie off by pulling it down over her tummy instead of over her head to avoid a bigger mess. :call_me_hand:t3:

6 Likes

It’s easier because they got no wrinkly :soccer:

14 Likes

Front to back always =) I would also make sure to clean my daughter properly around the labia majora very carefully in case there was poop stuck there.

You’ve got a vagina too Mom, how do you clean it?:joy: Wipe DOWN, that’s it. Clean the folds​:100:

Since everyone else is giving the same correct advice I’m going to share how NOT to do it.
When I was 4 my younger sister was less than a year old. My parents had left us with their friends while they went to an appointment for my dad at the VA. The wife had to run to the store so left my sister and I with her husband (I think his name was Delmar). I don’t remember the sequence of events but my mom said when they pulled up in the driveway, I was sitting on the porch watching Delmar hose my sister off with the outside water hose because she had poo’ed :sweat_smile:

22 Likes

Yeah you gotta get all up in there. Just remember front to back always. And be gentle

4 Likes

If available, just hose them down in the sink/tub with some baby soap. Did this for both my son and my daughter when I saw it was going to be a more than 2-3 wipe job.

1 Like

The same way you wipe your self you wipe a child…

1 Like

I always washed my girl butt after a poop. Always whoops front to back tho and all the in betweens

Girl mom:
Yes, clean all the places and crevasses.
Yes, it can get “everywhere”.
Sometimes you’ll use like 6 wipes.
And sometimes you’ll have to opt just to bathe her bottom.
:blue_heart:

9 Likes

So judging by the comments I am going to say my mom didn’t teach me the RIGHT way to wipe. And I am just learning about it.

9 Likes

Man I have a boy and the thought of this happening stresses me tf outttt. Like I’m well aware of all the things that can go wrong when poo gets in the wrong places and idk that just seems like a huge responsibility. So much of parenthood is just protecting babies and toddlers from themselves.

1 Like

I was in your same boat. I know it is so different from cleaning boys. I had to google how to clean a baby girls bottom. If need be, bathe her to make sure she is clean. Congratulations!

Front to back. If newborn you can wrap a wipe around a q-tip and gently clean around the area if #2 gets in there. Body will naturally flush it out but sometimes it’s a little too much. Running water is good too. I like the peri bottle idea, they are super cheap and dollar stores have little squirt bottles too. Usually you won’t need more than a wipe. Also when they’re first born a little bit of blood or discharge is normal because of moms hormones that passes to the baby when born.

6 Likes

Good grief people that are “stressing” over changing a girls diaper. I’ve never heard of a child ending up in a hospital bc someone didn’t clean her bottom properly. Front to back and be sure to wipe the creases well. The end

14 Likes

Okay, this may sound crazy, but I had a little girl first. And I found that she was SO EASY to clean compared to my little fella!!

There are more folds and crevices for poo to hide on a little boy, whereas my lil lady Was fairly straight forward to wipe. Just be sure to wiper her front to back and the entire area needs to be cleaned at each diaper change. also, dry is better for little girls.

Im also not entirely sure how hard y’all are wiping your kids, but there shouldn’t be any Doo shoved up her hoo-ha if you’re wiping her the right way… :woozy_face:

11 Likes

I feel like boy diapers are worse because there so many nooks and crannies to make sure to get.

Like creases on the legs separate all creases wipe gently or use a warm soft cloth

1 Like

Front to back.
Back to front can cause many issues including UTIs.

2 Likes

Front to back. Open her legs so you get all the crevices in her skin. I always made sure to check inside the lips too because poop can get in there without you knowing.

Always clean front to back. Get into all the crevices. Baby wipes are wonderful. Just make sure you aren’t pulling bacteria toward the front.

2 Likes

Y’all are being too judgmental. She’s not asking about regular poop… she’s meaning BLOWOUT diapers and how it can literally get INTO the girls private area. If you’re gonna bash her for asking a legitimate question then don’t answer :woman_facepalming:t2:

Wipe front to back don’t reside wipe on front once you wipe the bum with it. If it’s a really bad poop just wash her in the shower it’s easier and you know she won’t get a uti or anything. It was my fear too of not cleaning my daughter right even tho I have the same I still worried. She is 1 now never had a problem. I do go through a lot of wipes though

When my cousin told me the things you had to do when changing a girl diaper I was like nah….I’m good. This is the only time I’ve ever “needed” my mom as an adult. Babysitting a baby girl and she poop? MOOOOOMMM…. I ain’t doin it. I only have one kid, a boy, and I am THANKFUL.

I’m glad I have a pre teen boy and am to old to have another the thought of a girl makes me cringe :joy::joy:

1 Like

I feel this is a legit question I’m sure new moms at one point thought this just didn’t say anything

13 Likes

Baby is on her back, start at the top of her pelvic bone and wipe down to her bum. Never go from the bum to the top. Use the side of your hand and a wipe for the in-between parts a few times to make sure it’s out of the crevices.

2 Likes

I just had my first son after 3 girls and for me it was more difficult to change my sons diaper

5 Likes

I had three daughters and one son. I also have many many grandchildren and great grandchildren. I always held their head in back and wash their bottom under a warm running Faucet. When they are a little bigger you can use the spray. It works great

3 Likes

When my girls had a messy enough poo, I’d throw them In the tubby to soak a bit. They never had a uti or anything of the sort (until it came time for them to wipe themselves).
I mean let’s be honest, if your or I pooped our pants, we’d want a shower/bath too!! Sometimes just ‘wiping’ a mess isn’t sufficient enough…

Sincerely,
A mom to 3 girls :blush:

10 Likes

So, always wipe from front to back. Usually if it’s poop and it’s in her folds, just wash her bottom in the sink if possible. If not then get a much out the folds as possible. Anything that remains can cause infections

1 Like

It’s ok I didn’t know either bc I had two Boys and then a girl I had to learn while my daughter was in the nicu and I literally felt weird to ask the nurse but I did so as above there’s some great comments like Nadine’s…believe it or not there is such a thing as keeping her to clean… it happened to me and u should know that it’s normal for ur babygirl to have some discharge, and even a little blood when she’s first born…it freaked me out and noone told me…u can always talk to labor and delivery nurses and your baby’s pediatrician…noone should ever feel like they are wrong by asking a question…good luck mama u got this

5 Likes

I’ve got 5 girls. 14 to 2 mos in the age range. Wipe front to back. Do not neglect any of the creases, but dont be too aggressive also. Per my pediatrician, the middle crease does not always have to be wiped, but I always do when there is poo, to prevent utis. Let a little bit of air get to the area to dry before closing new diaper. Moisture for too long in the diaper is not good, especially for little girls. With blowouts, a bath is your best route, unless you’re out and about or in a time pinch.

If you are home don’t use wipes , always warm water and baby soap .

Front to back ALWAYS and clean every bit of her. When bathing her, try not to use soap down there, I always only used unscented wipes for her bum and vagina and baby face cloths for the rest of her body…

Front to back and all the creases

8 Likes

Always front to back. If its a nasty poop that went all to the front youll have to gentley wipe in between the inner and outer labia. U can fold a wipe and use it as a crease to get in there. Make sure u get it all out as any fecal matter bacteria can cause infection to the vagina. Always be gentle as that skin is very fragile & can tear if wiped too hard.

Wipe front to back. Get in there and clean everything.

2 Likes

It can, and will. You gotta check all the folds … little girls can and will get yeast infections and utis if not properly cleaned.

4 Likes

Here’s the thing. Poop CAN get into all those crevices and yes you have to get it out. Yes obviously wipe bqck to front like eberyone says but yes even if you feel awkward you have to clean the poop out. If you aren’t sure if you did a good enough job you can always give her a bath to be extra sure.

If it ia a really messy one- a tub bath should be had.

6 Likes

l get paid over $177 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $18696 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

M0re Info. https://amazingearning593.pages.dev/

Girls are easier to clean than boys there lil thing and balls get stuck together from A big poop to much ! Lol

See people say this but I feel the opposite with boys. Because theres balls lol  just make sure you credit card swipe and front to back

After successful sniff and finger check and necessary prepping * diaper wipes cream* continue with these steps.

Step 1: put baby on back

Step 2: remove diaper proceed with caution

Step 3: grab baby legs like chicken legs right foot in between index and middle finger left foot between ring finger and pinky. Thumb for support

Step 3: lift baby buns off table by feet/ankles*

Step 4 : wipe from front to back.

Also!! If you fold the back of the diaper inwards and down and then seal it up, up the back poopies should be minimized.

Gloves mask and air freshener is all optional!!

If all else fails I love the garden hose option and the extendable shower heads!! Be warned poop splatters when sprayed.

Um the same way you’d wipe yourself (if you’re a woman)? Front to back and make sure you get any creases and folds and that there is nothing left behind. This is common sense and a ridiculous thing to ask smh

13 Likes

Front to back, as always. Make sure to get in-between EVERY fold

1 Like

Front to back. And make sure that would open all her creases and make sure nothing is left. If a blow out happens and your home just throw her in water and it will clean with soap. If your out and it happens just make sure you clean front to back and get in all her creases. And then when you get gone throw her in a bath in case you missed anything so she doesn’t get a yeast infection!

1 Like

Swish in the tub with water if it’s messy. Done and done!:wink:

Thank you for asking this :slightly_smiling_face: I needed it too just hadn’t realized it yet lol

1 Like

Front to back, front to back!

6 Likes

l get paid over $ 185 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $ 17931 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://DollarWizard47.pages.dev/

Front to back. Also, the little creases. If it’s a blow out, give her a bath.

4 Likes

Front to back always

You just clean them after, bad poops go everywhere its unavoidable. Baths work too.

2 Likes

If you ever need to use cloth diapers
Always put the fold in the back

Boy momma here as well but as a female I would say front to back and make sure to get in there well so she doesn’t get sick get in all folds if you are worried that she’s not getting Clean enough take her to a bath or sink and wash her after a bath use butt paste on her because water is a skin irritant

Don’t be afraid to ask
Because I had ALL boys and knew nothing of this until I babysit for a friend who had girls

As a woman you should be able to clean the genitalia YOU have. Unless you walk around with a dirty ass and :cat: all day :nauseated_face::face_vomiting: A guy asking this makes sense but not another woman. Like just don’t leave :poop: or pee on her and wipe front to back and you’re straight

Wipe front to back, and be prepared for a bath with blowouts !

4 Likes

You can wipe back to front as long as you don’t get anything in her vagina. Stop at the taint Sometimes that is a lot easier than front to back. Just make sure she is clean.

As long as you clean up front to back, you’ll be fine. Always.

I wish I had asked this question when my grandson was born. I had 3 girls. No one told me that you should cover their little junk. The frist time I changed him , I got peed in the eye :smiley::smile:

16 Likes

If it was that bad we just ran some fresh water

1 Like

Back to front, get all rolls.

5 Likes

Make sure you get in all the crevices and get her really clean . Very important to keep her from getting infections . I also had boys and had no clue what I was doing when I had a girl !

1 Like

Top to bottom aka front to back. Do not allow any poop to enter her vagina. Do need to open up them lips. Boys you need to pull the skin back.

Wipe front to back. Wipe gently but thoroughly. For blowouts, always wash under running water to prevent uti and rashes. (Also good to wash boys under running water for blowouts.)

2 Likes

With my daughter I’ve always whipped best as I could then I would sit on the Edge of tub and lay her on my lap and wash those areas soap and water just to make sure she is clean.

2 Likes

I have a daughter and when my grand daughter was born I felt the same, I knew what to do but freaked out :woman_facepalming::rofl::rofl:

Nah my baby got sprayed down when that happened. Which was all of the time. Front to back, you don’t want to wipe too much at the front, obviously ensure that it is clean but you can irriate by wiping too much as well so try not to get too carried away. I got one of those spray bottles and filled it with organic baby wipe solution (it looks like a little sugar cube but made out of solid oils and dissolves in water), it was very gentle and helped to flush away any poo. My daughter never got any diaper rashes.

Stick them in the sink and give a half bath

2 Likes

No shame in asking. I have 2 girls and still get anxious about their lady parts staying clean so there isn’t any issues… definitely agree with the baths for blowouts! Huge help and just easier clean up than going through a whole pack of wipes and it getting everywhere!

4 Likes

Don’t forget to clean in the little crease with light pressure

3 Likes

Definitely front to back… the other way around could cause UTI’s or other problems. Clean all up in the folds, especially with a bad #2. Any sign of mild redness use a diaper cream to prevent a rash.

9 Likes

When in doubt, use the bath tub and good old soap and water

7 Likes

Wipe front to back. That’s it

2 Likes

You always wipe front to back

1 Like

just wipe downwards always using a clean side of the cloth with each wipe. she’s a baby so things are tiny and it isn’t going to be as bad as you’re thinking

7 Likes

I have 2 girls and my third girl is due in a few months. I wipe front to back ALWAYS and use a clean side of the wipe when you go to wipe again every time, check all the creases and folds and I always gently wipe in between the labia because they can definitely get little bits of poop in there too. Just keep cleaning until it’s all gone I would say and check everywhere, but be gentle in doing so