How to show your husband that you appreciate him?

He works from home so sometimes I’ll make him coffee and take it to him or make his favorite meal. We have a pretty equal balance of responsibilities, but if he’s been working extra hard, I’ll take some off his plate so he can have time to relax. He does the same for me when I need it. We appreciate the little things.

I randomly send him cute texts, and remind him how handsome and loved he is. I also offer to help him with chores, and encourage him to relax and play his video games after work. We’ve been watching a spooky movie every night, and it’s like a date night, we make it special!!! :ghost:

1 Like

I change the poopy diapers :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I tell him often, buy him special little things randomly and always try to get him to take it easy at home. I also keep up the house, keep myself up, make sure all the bills are paid and so on. He insists on helping with housework, but I try to never let him, unless it’s heavy lifting, repairs or outside work, which he absolutely won’t let me do. I don’t consider sex as showing appreciation. I enjoy it every day just as much as him. To me, it’s more about love than appreciation.

Every day, I write in a notebook how much I appreciate him and what he does for me and our daughter. He works security overnights, so we don’t see him a lot during the day. He reads them when he comes home, and it lets him know we think of him

1 Like

Women can buy and send their men flowers too. He wasn’t a romantic type, but I’d plan a weekend away on our anniversary. One time we went to a famous inn for dinner & the weekend about an hour and a half away. He thought it was just dinner & I surprised him that we had reservations and I’d packed a bag for him. Another time we went to a beautiful area in the mountains (he likes mountains).

Also praise him in front of others—brag about him, especially to people who mean a lot to him. And yes to notes & cards, whether out in the open or hidden for him to find.

You can surprise him by arranging him to have time with an old friend/family member he hasn’t seen in ages by inviting that person for dinner or the weekend, arranging a trip for them to see each other, whether it’s at your house, the other person’s house, somewhere in between or another place entirely.

It could range from a movie or bowling or axe-throwing to a breakfast, lunch or dinner, or from a sports event or concert, to fishing/hunting/camping/boating day trip or weekend all the way to an exotic distant vacation destination or sky diving (or the iFLY experience) or motorcycle lessons together.

You are sweet to ask!

I buy him truck parts or hunting things :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Cook for him, do things they enjoy that u don’t necessarily like

same as he gives me nada!

6 Likes

I rub his feet, I play his favorite games, I try to ask questions about stuff he likes, I kiss his forehead when it’s within range…. I yell really nice things at him when he’s sitting peacefully :smiling_imp: (that one’s just for me :rofl: he always jumps, but then laughs).

I lay his clothes out in the bathroom so when he comes in and takes a shower they are there. I lay his work clothes out for the mornings. He always has supper when he gets in and I always make enough to send him homemade food for lunch. Every few days his lunch includes a note. I could go on and on I guess. :joy: We text every two hours or so throughout the day. I remind him how blessed I am to be a SAHM and how much he’s loved.

5 Likes

Sometimes I make the dogs sleep on the couch and let him sleep on the bed :joy:

19 Likes

I ask how was his day & listen, cook him dinner, give him a kiss and a hug every night, we joke around, I get him a rockstar to start his day because we don’t drink coffee…little things. Love him to the moon & back and around again.

1 Like

Fill his truck/car, detail his truck or car, get his favorite snacks. Cook what he suggests for dinner. Always make sure he has clean clothes especially for work fitting the weather. Ask him “if I could help you with 1 thing today, 1 thing thats causing you stress what would it be”? Dont stop the attitude :rofl:

He gets clean clothes, clean house, and food cooked. :facepunch: I’m legit serious. We’re so busy we hardly see each other and that’s how he knows I care. I make sure he’s good to go for work and comes home to a clean house.

3 Likes

He loves physical touch in non sexual ways. One of my favorites is after we get the kids buckled in the car we take 30 seconds to just hold each other, back scratches, before our day begins just laying together spending extra time together. The little moments mean the most

4 Likes

I wash his clothes, clean the house, make him dinner, take care of the kids…he should know he’s appreciated by the stuff you do.

2 Likes

Make sure he has clean clothes and a full stomach. Make sure to ask about his day and give him 100% of my attention while listening.

I cook , I clean , I take care of two boys and him and two dogs and a fish, I work a full time job. If that doesn’t say appreciation idk what does.

1 Like

Be his friend when you are old you will be glad

3 Likes

Figure out his love language and do things according to that.

1 Like

Lol… I asked my husband this question n my daughter overheard n said I “kishy-kishy” with him. Hubby said, you make my lunch.

Same as he gives me… NOT A DAMN THING.

Always kiss good night, say I love you & sweet dreams before bed! Also, I prep his coffee every morning during the work week and leave him a lil love note! Going on 14 years strong but not married yet! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Write him notes for his lunchbox, back rubs, flirt with him, listen to him, have his lunch and clothes ready for the next day.

I don’t know about husbands but I know that I like being shown that I’m appreciated with food :joy:, everyone is different, look for something that he really likes :blush:

I always verbalize it. I will tell him all the time how much I appreciate his hard work to ensure we are taken care of. I make sure that he knows I see his sacrifices all the way down to the smallest task of taking the garbage out or stopping at the store on his way home to grab what I need to finish to dinner. I want him to know that I see all the little things, not just the big things that he does. On top of telling him, (words only go so far); I will pack his breakfast and lunch with a few snacks throughout the day and I’ll leave a little note in their of some type either telling him how ridiculously hot he looks when he smiles or wears his favorite shirt- sometimes they are motivational and sometimes they just say, I am so lucky to have you as my husband thank you for everything you do for us. When he gets home, I let him have about 30 minutes in the nothing box before I ask him to do anything. If he had a rough day at work, I’ll switch up my meal plan and make his favorite meal. I’ll randomly pick up things that I know he needs or has wanted, if I run across them. If it’s his turn to host game day, I’ll help prepare all the food and snacks and then when the game starts I’ll take the younger kids on a little outing so that they don’t interrupt the game and my husband doesn’t feel like he has to keep it down so they don’t disturb us. I don’t always pick where we go to eat and what movie we are going to watch. It’s important to me that we do things that he likes too so we switch it up and most importantly, I am not afraid to tell him he was right and I was wrong. Respect and appreciation go hand in and hand. I enjoy doing things for him because he always gives me the same respect and shows me he appreciates all the things I do for our home and kids, etc.

1 Like

Pack his lunch for work and leave little notes also good morning texts

I cook, I clean, I’m raising our children that I gave birth to, all while working full time outside the home. He should be appreciating me! I work outside the home more hours a week than he does, and I still keep the house clean, dishes washed, laundry washed, dried, and put away, while he sits around watching TV, or sleeping. Do I see any appreciation, no. But I could see someone who does not work outside the home needing to appreciate their spouse, men and women alike. Remember, there is stay at home dads too.

7 Likes

I showed it by doing everything I possible could. Kids, house, cooking his favourite meals It still backfired because he thought I was too busy to care about him and he cheated. All because it wasn’t like the pre kid days where we could spend all day together.

Easy! Do something unexpected and simple. Small things tend to get noticed! Like put gas in his car, surprise him with lunch, or even a massage.

1 Like

I made his lunch and dinner everyday… I wash all his clothes do all the housework, and spend lots of quality time with him at weekends. I support him and motivate him to do bigger and better things with his life. Always make sure the water is hot for him coming in… and if he ever found these things weren’t enough he can go and f**k himself. Im his best friend and his most loyal life guide. I also put great thought and details into his birthday and Christmas gifts. Ladies we do enough as it is. Give yourself a break and stop over applying yourself.

4 Likes

It’s food with my husband, if I cook at least a few times during the week for him to him is just showing that I care. He does not like much physical contact but I do tell him how I feel all the time.

Let him pick the boring/ridiculous movies/music 99% of the time and let him play video games :video_game:

3 Likes

Buy him flowers :blush: yeah it might sound silly, but a lot of men actually like them more than you’d think.

6 Likes

When he used to take a lunch box - I would randomly but little Notes or letters in there

Now I leave them on his work clothes that are set out for the next day after he’s asleep.

He’s kept them all and even has a couple in his wallet that apparently he takes them out on a bad day and reads them

4 Likes

Rub his hair/neck while he’s driving. Point out what he does every day to contribute to your lives, the little stuff he does that he may feel goes unnoticed. Just like we like. Witness him. When he makes a terrible joke appreciate he is trying to make you smile. I can’t wait to one day love on my man like this, wherever he is.

3 Likes

BTW what a good person you are to try to find new ways to show love. Gosh, the world needs more of that!

13 Likes

Lmao…my husband says…bj’s :woman_facepalming:

8 Likes

Well besides the obvious lol I make sure I tell him everyday how much I love him and how thankful I am to have him in my life I give him a kiss in the morning before he goes to work when he get home I do the same if he’s super tired ill help him take off his work boots and put a clean towel and clothes in the bathroom for him he works construction out in the sun all day to provide for our family we have been together 10 years married 7 and I love him and our beautiful babies more than anything on this earth

3 Likes

Spontaneous gifts of something his been wanting.

I’m not that creative. Hot meals, laundry, and working with him on household duties

For my SO I cook his favorite dinner or just get him little thinking of you gifts. I will even wash his work clothes while he’s asleep

cook his favorite dinner and dessert

4 Likes

Depends on their love language

7 Likes

Honestly I bring him home a beer or 2 after I get off work and he really appreciates it :heart::blush:

3 Likes

Cindy Betzabet Washington some ideas…

My wife and i have been having lots of problem living together, she never gives me attention or make me happy all because she has fallen in love with another man outside our marriage. I tried my best to make sure that my wife leaves this man but the more i talk to her about it the more she makes me feel sad and unhappy, my marriage started leading to divorce because she no longer gives me attention. but seriously i adore her so much, I lost my integrity, all my project stopped, i was DOWN for 3 months both Health-wise and mentally. I tried to forget about her but i love her beyond measure and didn’t want to lose her to any man outside my home, we’ve been married for 5 good years and she’s all i could call a true best friend and best in all, she’s the only woman that handles my problems perfectly, the woman that sacrifices for my happiness. I wanted her back in my life. I was so confused. Until a Friend from college told me to book an appointment with Prophet Lago, whom she claimed she had been consulting for years for “CLARITY”. I read about him and saw his family has been in the business and he picked it right off from his father, also had lot of great amazing testimonies about this man then I decided to give him a try so i contacted him immediately, explained my predicament to him. Same day Prophet Lago did some Wonderful prayers and counseling for me and assured me that in 3 days my wife will return to me and to my greatest surprise the 2nd day my wife came knocking on my door and start pleading begging me for forgiveness. I am so happy that my love is back again and not only that, we are about to say our vows again, i proposed. And I wouldn’t stop talking about this miraculous hand work of God in my life. so for any assistance Contact him today for urgent help via email address: [email protected] or WhatsApp him: +2347060550594.

2 Likes

I get him cards now and then. While sitting in our recliners watching tv, taking a drive or working in the yard I will randomly tell him that I love him and thank him for all he does. He loves planes and we just recently had our 9th wedding anniversary. We went to Key West and I booked us a seaplane ride to the dry tortugas. He loved it!

I know what he is interested in and surprise him with stuff related to what he likes

It’s the little things that make the difference let him know you love him and he is doing a good job … or a boat … guys love boats :rofl:

1 Like

Coming from someone who can’t do a lot at home (due to untimely circumstances) I’ve felt increasingly sad about what I can’t do so I focus on just loving him. Be sweet, always say thank you, be kind and be caring, do what he wants to do, actually listen like a human being, do random cute shit like buy HIM flowers. If he loves you, and you actually show your love besides sex (like being a best friend) than he knows already but I do commend you also. Some women feel unwanted and leave instead of trying to make it work, but if you guys truly love each other, it can’t be forced, it’ll be natural and beautiful.

I do a lot of the chores. I touch him almost every second I am able (his primary love language). Is I need to go in the bedroom while he is sleeping, I always do kiss his shoulders to let him know he is safe and loved. I do my best to remain differentiated in hard conversation, the goal is always to do better. I’ve gone to every concert he’s had since weve been together.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How to show your husband that you appreciate him? - Mamas Uncut

Going out, buy his favorite team jersey or game tickets, a friend’s trip, his fav food or tools.

having his coffee ready for him when he gets home from work. leaving little notes for him. making his favorite food for dinner if i know he’s had a hard day. surprising him with his favorite snacks. watching his kind of shows/movie at night and just cuddle. the little things always mean the most.

5 Likes

I have coffee ready, daily clothes laid out, I fix his lunchbox for work, I cook on the weekends when he works, we have movie night, Bible time together, we grocery shop together for alone time if we can’t go out.
Showing appreciation is anything from the heart no matter how big or small!!
They will know and see you truly love them!!

1 Like

Picking up his favorite cigars when I’m out shopping, scratching his back, cooking his favorite meal of meatloaf, not strangling him…ya know the little things :laughing:

16 Likes

I ordered these and I wrote something positive on each little note and told him to open one up whenever he needs a pick me up. Let me tell you my hand was cramping so bad when I was done writing out 100 different things but, he appreciated the effort. He even taped one of the messages to his nightstand because it meant a lot to him. I also got him a 2 liter of his favorite pop and had it next to the jar of notes. It’s the very little things!

1 Like

We don’t live together but i make sure he has any and everything he may want if I’m not there, his coffee is set up for the next day, when he gets home from work i being him a cold glass of tea, try my best to just simply take care of him and let him know daily that i adore him …and yes it drives him nuts and so do I but ain’t that the way its suppose to work …

2 Likes

I set the coffee pot for him before bed so he doesn’t have to deal with it in the morning. Cook him a nice delicious hot meal every evening after work. Put a few beers in the fridge before he gets home from work so they are cold and ready for him to relax.

1 Like

As a husband for 21 years now , my wife does a lot more than I give her credit for. Picks up my meds , does a lot for me. I love to clean so that helps her . It’s a true team effort with kids. But I appreciate her a lot

17 Likes

It’s little things! A simple good morning text or have a great day drive safe text, stopping at the gas station and picking him up a can of chew, soda and a candy bar, getting coffee ready for in the morning. I was told it’s little appreciated things :heart:

1 Like

Take him out on dates.cook his favorite meals. Listen to him vent when he needs to. Do things to help him out.

1 Like

Make his coffee for him, pack his lunch and clothes, make his dinner plate, stuff like that

Fav dinner (second way to a mans heart is through a great meal), you have ruled out the first way :joy::joy::joy::joy:

Depending on what he does for work, a night away somewhere romantic (which will lead to his fav thing) :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

When me and my hubby first met he had a truck that he bought brand new and it was his pride and joy! Had a customized bug shield! Well eventually the truck wore out we had to let it go! He cried! Years passed we bought another truck and I came home and surprised him with a customized bug shield! He cried :nerd_face::nerd_face::nerd_face:

2 Likes

:stew: is good idea. My husband loved to eat

My husband works in a steel plant plus helps my father on his farm and helps anyone that needs it no matter what it is so he is on his feet a lot and those things get rather nasty so I do pedicures for him I don’t paint his nails but the soaking and scrubs lotion I also do back massages things like that

1 Like

I cook his fave meal nbuy him a wee gift from kids nhave date night wen kids r in bed

I cook, clean, take care of the kids, make his lunch, and many other things.

1 Like

I leave him notes in random places :grin:

We have been married 46 years. It is the little things. I hate black licorice, he loves it, so I buy the good stuff for him once in a while. I love to cook and he does the dishes. I could go on, but it might take too long. Remember the little things!

5 Likes

Make sure he feels looked after cook clean cups of tea always got his clothes ready,let him have rest days have quality time just make sure he knows that besides my kids he’s the most amazing and appreciated person in ur life Richard Pearce

I always make sure cloths are clean for work, try and cook his fav meal or meals he likes, keep house somewhat clean and we write letters to one another and hide them like I put his in his truck so he sees it when he leaves for work

1 Like

Pack his lunch and add sweet notes to it. Surprise him with his favorite candy or snack. Bring home his favorite take out. Rub his back or feet after a long night at work. Taking the kids out so he can have some him time or get him a new game.

Finding out their love language goes a long way.

3 Likes

Since I know how to do massage therapy I give him full body massages before bed. He constantly hurts from his blue collar job and a massage makes him feel better and puts him out like a light.
If I’m really tired I use the massage gun on him especially his lower back, calves, shoulders.
I work on his feet for him. He has bad callouses on his big toes and heels so after a shower I’ll help him with that mostly cause I can’t stand to see it cause it looks painful even though he says it’s not.
He’s actually very grateful for the attention so I’ll keep doing it until I can’t anymore.
As the poster before me said love language is important.
His and mine are both touch so it works out really well.

1 Like

Make his favorite dinner, have a movie night with one of his fav movies. Buy him a drink you know he likes. Its little things just to show that you do pay attention to him and what he likes.

My husband loves it when I pamper him.
Pack his lunch,
back massages,
take him on a date,
random I love you or I’m a lucky woman text messages,
I have bought him flowers & a love card just because,
I suprise him with lil notes on his lunch bag,

2 Likes

Letting him sleep as late as I can (he works night shift.) and bringing him coffee when it’s time to get up. Also rubbing his head or playing with his hair.

Little things, bring him a coffee, kiss him goodbye and hello, fill up his car, let him drive the remote, pick the show or movie, clear his window off snow before work, take the kids out when I know he has a project/work. I try and do the big stuff for a date night or something but that’s not the stuff that he reacts too, always the little things! And we do give and take or it just dose not work!

3 Likes

I usually make him his favorite foods and then shower with him to wash his hair and give him a nice massage with the soap (he loves that) then lay him down and lotion him up and rub his back somemore while we watch something he wants and ill give him head rubs and back scratches

2 Likes

Feed him, take care of his children and give him some love. Men don’t need much they are very simple creatures :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

I haven’t suffocated him yet lol

16 Likes

Make sure he takes his meds on time…buy him small gifts, sweets when I’m shopping if I have the spare cash…I take care of the house, kids, I work so he can reach his dream of being an illustrator through university courses…occasionally, when we actually have time alone we go out for something to eat… my treat

Take care of the kids, clean, make him dinner every night besides on occasion, i will write him a little note every once in awhile an put it in his luch bag, grab something i know he likes from the gas station or store. Just little things matter!!

3 Likes

I set out his running gear last night while I was folding clothes for this morning. :woman_shrugging: It’s the little things.

I don’t think you have to cook, clean, take care of the house completely, and wait on him to show you appreciate him. I did all that for my exhusband and he just wanted more from me. He didn’t appreciate me.

3 Likes

My ways of showing him love and appreciation is by making an effort in showing interest in his projects, work and shows. Even if I truly don’t understand what he’s talking about I’ll just sit and listen and converse back with him mostly questions but he knows I’m listening. Other ways is by making sure he has clean clothes waiting for him after his shower. Making his favorite dinner once or twice a month. Just little things. The little things are what matters most. We’ve been together for almost 13 years and we still absolutely adore eachother everyday :heart:

2 Likes

Depends on the man. Take the time to learn his love language, and tailor a way based on that.

3 Likes

Mine is happy as long as he has clean clothes, plenty of snacks and when I don’t ask him to do a bunch of things in a row.

33 years…have given up. Just stay the hell out of his way!:grin::grin::grin:

3 Likes

Spoil him with groceries and nice surprises. Do things for him, like laundry, making his lunch, and cooking. Get his chores done for him. Send cute, unexpected texts to express my feelings. Run errands for him. Bringing him a morning monster. Clean before I go to work so he comes home to a clean home. Buy him beer. Take him out to eat at bdubs. Stop what I’m doing to spend time together.

1 Like

Picking up a new coffee mug and filling it with a few different lil things, small bag of his favorite chips, candy, a body spray

I give him little gifts, tell him that I respect him, give him massages, suggest he makes plans with his friends, ask him to go on a date with me, watch something he wants to watch. Mostly just little things. I playfully spank his butt a lot too. lol

2 Likes

Flirt like there’s no tomorrow, grab his favorite drink or snack when I go to the grocery store, take care of a task for him when I notice he’s overwhelmed tired, play games with him, listen to his stories, share cute or funny pictures and videos with him, thank him for the tasks he did that he didn’t have to do. I could go on and on. We never seemed to get out of the honeymoon phase and we’ve been married for almost 7 years and have 3 kids.

2 Likes

Flowers! Men like them too.

3 Likes

I popped out 3 children for him… he’s forever in my debt. :joy:

9 Likes

Ive been with my fella gor 14 years and have 5 children he works away during the week. I show that i have missed him we have date nights play the xbox and have a few drinks spend quality time together all the time x

1 Like

Give him affection when he gives me time