How to tell my ex about my new relationship?

Only because children are in the picture, you should tell him ONLY if it’s really going into a relationship. Because that brings in the conversation of when and if you will introduce them to the kids. I’m not sorry, i would want to know who is around my kids and who could be a potential other parent.

3 Likes

I waited 5 years to date and then dated for 2 years before I introduced my then fiancé now husband to my adult children. I was raised to place my children first. I waited until they were grown to divorce and I wanted to give my next his place that meant forgetting the first one and healing.

Bro same situation. After 8 years and a break up I’ve been single for 2 years now and we have a 6 yr old together. I like this guy and we’ve been hanging out for a month and I don’t know how to tell him

Don’t say anything to him until you bring the kids into it. Then yeah, have an adult conversation about it because even though he’s an ex, those are still his children and he deserves to know who is going to be around them. Assuming yall coparent pretty well?

Wait a few years to introduce the kids, how ever I as the father wouldn’t want my kids to be around another man

You don’t. It’s none of his business unless the new guy is meeting your kid.

Why say anything if you’re not 100% sure that this new relationship is going to be serious? Until you two are official & he starts hanging around your children…don’t bring it up.

Not until you are certain that the relationship is actually serious to your new partner and since children are involved, not until he proposes marriage should he even be a part of your children’s lives. With that, your ex doesn’t need to know unless you’re just wanting to let him know that you can get another man.

You don’t need to tell your ex anything. It’s none of their business.

Until you decide to involve the kids ( by him being introduced to them) it’s none of your exes business x

You started to talk to someone “new” not “knew”

is it any of his business?

You don’t have to tell him anything your divorced

You do not have to tell him anything; he is your ex!

It’s none of his business.

You don’t owe them any explanation…

You don’t have to tell him anything. Carry on.

1 Like

Not his business… you do you

Hey…im seeing someone…

Simple

Is this foreal hahahaha

Learn to spell new first

Michelle Alexander except from the op he is the father

None of his business anymore

U owe him no explanation

what a stupid question. luh

You don’t owe him anything

1 Like

He doesn’t need details.

1 Like

If you and you ex are on good terms then go on and tell him as the new guy will spend more time around the kids. If your not on good terms then don’t tell him until there is something to tell, like ya’ll are moving in together, or you get engaged.

1 Like

Honestly its none of his business…but you have kids and thats different.
He doesn’t need to know you’re chatting or dating but I do feel he has a right to know when you introduce your kids or have him stay over.

Its not really his business but if you get serious then you can discuss it for the children . You do not need his permission. My 1rst husband was a narcissist and tried everything to destroy my new relationship that led to a beautiful marriage. Your ex may not be that way but you don’t need to tell him everything. I used caution because I had 4 children but it was a great marriage until he passed away. Best wishes for your happiness :heart:

Why would you even think.of telling him ? You don’t need his permission or approval. Wait until you have committed to this new person and until you introduce your children to his new friend. I’d wait at least 6 months and after your children have met your new friend then for the benefit of the children I might mentjon.it to him. Otherwise keep your dating options to yourself !

1 Like

None of his business really but just keep new man away from children untill your sure you and he will have a future together

You don’t need to tell him. Your private life is your private life… you only have to talk to your ex about the kids and that is it

Wait until your actually starting a relationship? In the beginning you say -possibly- leading to a relationship and the end say you are starting a new relationship. Wait till your positive on what’s going on.
But to me you don’t really need to notify him on your relationship status unless you guys have still been sleeping together :woman_shrugging:t3: it’s been 2 years, hard to believe neither of you have seen/ talked to or slept with anyone since.

It’s none of his business he’ll find out soon enough on his own

1 Like

I try to see everything as if I was the other person. If me and my husband divorced I would want to know if he was potentially thinking about bringing someone into my children’s life

Wait until you know if it’s going to be a good relationship before you bring him around the kids to start with and when the time is right you let the kids know mommy has a new guy … ex has no say over anything

At any point if you’re thinking of introducing him to your children then I would talk to their father first. Maybe let him meet him before the kids do as well. I think good co-parenting starts with y’all be honest and upfront with each other. Not that he can say “no you can’t date him” but just as a respect thing.

1 Like

I would let him know you’ve started dating again. But wait until something is serious to tell any more than that.

Lol ask daddy for ur permission :rofl::rofl::rofl::+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2:

Personally I would keep it between yourselves and then once you have been together for 6months of so and know that you are stable I would let the partner know that you are in a relationship and are going to introduce your children only as I believe as a parent he has the right to know who will be in his children’s day to day lives. I would expect the same if it was the other way around.

After you say I DO !

You don’t have to say anything but if you feel like you have to then just wait until it’s an official relationship.

I’m a firm believer we can jinx good things from happening to us if we speak too soon

33 Likes

Does she still need the permission of her Ex even after divorce!? She needs to speak to her children taking them into confidence and make them understanding about her plans for them and her future. If there is consensus and if the new man in her life is ready to accept her children then it’s well and good, else she shouldn’t be doing anything in haste.

I’d be careful bringing anyone around my kids for a long while. Take your time enjoying your own company and really get to know yourself before inviting a new relationship. That way you’ll be confident and confidence invites better people into your life.

3 Likes

Ur ex lost the right to need to know about your relationships when they became your ex Kids involved or not

When would you like to know when he got in to a relationship? Whatever you expect from him you should hold yourself to a well.

you’re divorced so none of his business

Its got nothing to do with him so why tell him

`How to tell your ex about your new relationship? “Hey Tom, just thought you should know that I’m screwing Harry…:smiling_face:”…just a thought…

Just do it, and not tell him

1 Like

You have problems if you ask how to tell and ex you have a new relationship starting with someone else. Get off the internet open up Google search for a councilor in your area, call set up appointment, go and ask them why you feel you need approval from your ex to move the fuck on with your life.

Why does he need to know?? It’s not his business. When you know this person is going to be around for awhile you introduce him to your KIDS not your ex !