How would you feel if your boyfriend went out with a girl "friend" for dinner?

My best friend and my boyfriend know each other so there isn’t really a problem when i go hang out with him and my boyfriend doesn’t go 🤷
There are times where my best friend will also invite my bf and our daughter as well to go eat somewhere or to go hang out at his house with him,his fiancée and their kids ^^ José Medina

I’d be fine with it because adults are allowed to have friends outside of their partners. If you’re uncomfortable with him having female friends, either he’s giving you a reason to mistrust him, or you need to work on your insecurity issues.

1 Like

I mean I’ve went out with guy friends but if my husband wanted to go that badly I would have said yes. At least he’s not hiding it.

Yes I would say it’s fine. However, I will spend the next few weeks, telling her to ask “him“ whenever she asked me to do anything.

That’s no different than my girlfriend going out with female friends. Your partner is allowed to have friends. My gf went on a girl’s weekend out of state with her friends without me. If you don’t trust your husband then maybe the issue is you

I mean, I’d be kinda suspicious if I wasn’t allowed to go, if that’s what you mean by you can’t go. But if I was invited and just had other plans AND I didn’t have horrible trust issues instilled by every man who entered my life, I’d be cool with it. :woman_shrugging: I can get pretty dark and twisty though so once you lose my trust, every act is suspicious.

However, you know you and you know your other half. Trust your gut.

The girl can swan around him naked flirting like her life depended on it and if he loves you he wouldn’t want to touch her. If you don’t trust the girl you’re really saying you think he can be swayed by her so you don’t truly trust him. If you trust him you’ve got nothing to worry about. If you’re worried do you really want to be in a relationship with him? My partner is an actor and he’s been in a few instances of being naked kissing people during filming. Do I worry he’s off doing stuff behind my back? No. He has no interest and if he ever did I know he would break up with me before pursuing it and I would do the same.

It depends on who the girl is and whether I’ve met her or not.
My husbands best friend is a girl and I absolutely adore her, I know it’s purely platonic. If I didn’t know her I’d be pissed, I trust him, I don’t trust girls.
But he wouldn’t go unless I could come with.

Going out with a group from work or old school friends is one thing. Going out with just the one “friend” is a date.

2 Likes

If he didn’t ask me if I wanted to go and give me the choice of saying yes or no then I would have a problem with it. Its including me and letting me know its just a friendly lunch/dinner

The part where you say “ you can’t go!” would make me think about the situation!!
Unfortunately, I wouldn’t be a fan if my husband did this!! And if it WAS my boyfriend, I would look deeper into what I want in a relationship!!

One on one dinner tho guys?? She didn’t say they were going out or to the bar or anything casual. It’s one on one dinner and I’m sorry but that changes things for me.

That would not be acceptable. If i could not go out too. I most likely would not be with him long. The only acception wlould be if we were just friends only. Then I would expect to be able to go out too.

1 Like

I have guy friends, I don’t hang out with them…at all…lol we aren’t that close. I do have one that when he comes to Dallas, I make an effort go and visit. And that’s all it is. I invite my SO, but most of the time he declines.

Why do you feel the need to have to go with your significant other when they hang out with friends? It is ok to have friends outside of your relationship, and you don’t have to be apart of it.

If you feel something is up, talk about it. But you don’t NEED to be there or be invited.

Depends how long he has known her. Plus you can tell if they have chemistry. If they did, I would be concerned. Lol

Hmmm well… now NO . If it’s someone he knew before we were married ,and was still friends through out yes .

The end, that would be the end, I would not accept that I don’t have an invitation to go anywhere with my partner, and he can also attend any and all of my social engagements

Same if he went out with a guy he also wouldn’t want his gf there…an id be fine with it if he had been friends with her a long time wouldn’t bother me…I figure if they are going to do something they are going to do it regardless an winding myself up about it isn’t going to help anything…and I wouldn’t like my partner being weird about it!
He’s with u…worry when there’s something to worry about …until then just chill :slightly_smiling_face:

Find a new boyfriend! If he isn’t absolutely crazy about you before you marry, well he will sure not be after marriage and kids and sick kids and money problems and relatives. If you can go with them, then that changes things.

As long as I know of her. It’s fine. Only girls that I say NFW to is girls that have crossed the inappropriate line with their comments. Otherwise, I don’t care.

1 Like

Why CANT you go that would determine everything. If you can’t go because something else has come up fine no worrys at all, if you can’t go because they don’t want you to then run like you have never run before.

Nothing wrong with being friends. But going out to dinner and not inviting you is another thing. Did you ever meet this other person?

People are allowed to have friends that aren’t their partner. It’s insecure and controlling to keep your partner from having friendships outside of your relationship.

I don’t think it matters how it makes “us” feel. Because without much context, it’s hard to say. How does it make YOU feel?

marriages and relationships should based on trust and if you cant trust your partner if he says it is a friend (and if he is lying then karma will catch up with him one day!! )

It depends if she was just a friend or he was just telling you that do he could go out with her

Come on people you know men and women better than that, it’s just opening the door for trouble.

Just fine … you either know and trust the guy your with or you don’t … having you there changes the dynamic of why he’s meeting …

I will be going out the next week with a boyfriend then we would be equal

Same way he’d feel if you went out with a boyfriend for dinner…Do IT!

It depends but… if it becomes a habit without you being invited then hed become my ex real quick! That’s how most things evolve… .friends! I prob. Wouldn’t advise that alot because he should know you are left out!

If I had an issue with it, that would mean there is already trust issues in the relationship

If you genuinely trust each other, then it shouldn’t be an issue. If you have any doubts then you shouldn’t be in the relationship, a relationship needs 100% from each partner.

It’s not weird unless he specifically said you’re not allowed to go

It would make me feel “single” :smirk:

My thing is the whole you aren’t allowed to come too part…

My boyfriend and I have a rule: look but don’t touch! You can be friends with the opposite sex and still be in a relationship!

Why your not allowed to go ? Odd and 2 is he trust Worthy ,that’s what I’d ask myself

1 Like

If your boyfriend goes out of his way to tell you he doesn’t want you included you should listen to him and stop dating him because he’s not the man for you sis

13 Likes

Hell NO! You all go out together! Or not at all!

1 Like

When you say you can’t go, is he saying you can’t or do you have another obligation during that time? The former would make me concerned, the latter wouldn’t be a big deal. Guys are allowed to have girls who are friends. Do you have any reason to believe that this girl is any more than a friend other than her gender? If so, that might warrant talking to your boyfriend, but you don’t get to ban him from seeing his friends.

Only if you’re comfortable with it. Personally. I wouldn’t be.

If he told me I can’t come I’d be fuming but if there happy for me to come no problem they only wouldn’t want u there if there hiding something from u

Could I not go because I was orherwised engaged…or was I excluded??

Well men and women can both have friends outside of their relationship, some of you acting like it’s against the law. If you can’t handle your insecurities, then don’t be in the relationship. Don’t sit there and make someone else feel bad for having friends, it’s almost like emotional blackmail and none of us, man or woman, appreciate it. So the question is really irrelevant.

If you “aren’t allowed to go” then there is something he is hiding.

If hes gonging out on dates with other people on your time and not job related and you let it happen you get what you get so dont ask stupid questions you know the ancer to

Try the shoe on the other foot

1 Like

He would be kicked to the curb so fast.

I left my first husband do things like that . Guess what I got for it ? :rage::rage:

When you say can’t go what do you mean by that?

Maybe it’s business related. If it’s just socially, where’s the trust level? Because that’s what this is. Insecurities. Jealousy. Judging.

If you aren’t allowed to go, there is a problem

If you’re not allowed to go that’s a red flag to me :thinking:

Have you met her? I think he should introduce her to you. But I don’t think

Its YOUR boyfriend, how do YOU feel? Trust your gut.

I’d be fine with it… Our partners are ALLOWED to form their own social circle and they aren’t obligated to keep us under their armpit while they interact with it.
It’s really creepy how many people feel these forms of control are acceptable. Either you trust and respect him or you don’t… But no one should have to give up relationships with people they care about to cater to your control and self esteem issues.
If you know that he’s fucking around, there’s nothing you can do to stop him… If you don’t have any REAL reason to think that then respect his freedom and his friendships… And get some therapy…
There’s no shame in having baggage and issues… That’s perfectly natural… But that’s up to us to sort out, not something others should have to cater to.
And as the female friend who has had oodles of male friends walk away with insecure and controlling women, it hurts… A LOT!!!
It’s not fair, it’s not right… Frankly, it’s abusive as fuck.

6 Likes

I’m fine with it because my best friend for 50 years is a guy.
I trust my man completely without trust you have nothing

did he tell ya he was doing it?

This is not appropriate!! That relationship is in danger.

1 Like

Anyone that has a problem with this is ridiculous. If you don’t trust the person your in a relationship with to have plutonic relationships with other people your the issue.

Wether or not you were cheated on in the past, or if you yourself are un trustworthy (making you insecure) that’s no excuse to limit someones social life for your own sense of security. Grow up, date people you trust or stay single.

6 Likes

He trusts me and I trust him. We can hang out with whomever we want.

I mean when i get married. To my partner then maybe but right now I would have a problem with it honestly

I’d trust him… most of my friends are Men as well…

The not being allowed to come is where the problem lies. If they’re just friends, they wouldn’t care.

Mine has gone with a female friend. I have gone with a male friend. It’s all about trust

Hell no she can come to the house for dinner

1 Like

He will never even propose that bull to me.

If it was just a friend you would have been invited

Make me feel like giving him a black eye

I wouldn’t care as long as I got a plate

Saying you can’t go implies you tried to invite yourself. Dont do that it’s not cute

It’s true what Harry said to Sally.

Lol. I’m very secure, but dinner is off limits lol.

1 Like

No if I wasn’t Invited i would be concerned.

he shldnt consider anything ur uncomfortable with…

It depends on how secure you are in the relationship

Freedom of choice. If she wants to go I’m not going to stop her. Be it dinner or if they hook up . If it’s going to happen it will one way or another. It wasn’t meant to be.

1 Like

My husband has a work wife.I trust my husband, period.

He wouldn’t be my boyfriend any longer…

Don’t you suppose to be enough for him
I would talk to be him about it . If he didn’t listen I would leave
Ella Washington.

Odd, any friend of a persons SO, especially of the opposite sex, should be a friend of them… being excluded purposely is rather odd, if not down right rude.

Trust him. You’ll find out later.

He wouldn’t be my. Man for long

He shouldn’t want to
To start with

Like shit. But sometimes it’s a trust issue.

The thing that alerts me is that you aren’t allowed to go…

He would be out the door

I mean, why weren’t you invited?

Your spouse isn’t your property or slave. They can have their own friends and you can have your own, too. They don’t always have to coincide.

At the core of the issue here is whether or not you trust him. Unless there’s some reason not to or to be suspicious other than insecurity/jealousy, it doesn’t seem like a big deal unless it’s made into one.

If they were long time friends with no romantic history, I don’t see an issue really. I have guy friends that I would be able to be alone with. My husband and I just choose not to be alone with the opposite sex, out of respect for each other. Not because of distrust.

Why can’t you go? It’s ok for it to happen but meals are better with more people, unless it’s an intimate dinner… I’m interested in the can’t part of this, why is it you can’t eat with your partner and his friend?

Would make me feel single✨

If you aren’t comfortable, I would say something

Enasculate him first before releasing so that he will be pathetic n calm

Time to change boy “friends”

Bring me back something

I’d be single again!!

Or how about you be a big girl and TALK to him about it​:roll_eyes::woman_facepalming:t3:

Like he’s dead to me.