How would you feel if your boyfriend went out with a girl "friend" for dinner?

As long as i get dessert when they get back im good. Proceed partner.

4 Likes

First of my husband would never tell me I couldn’t go. And if he did then I would rethink my relationship.

1 Like

Would he be okay with you if roles were reversed? Peoe be putting others in situations they thenselves find unacceptable.

5 Likes

I think there is a difference you can’t go or he told you you’re not allowed to go. If you simply can’t make it but we’re invited then I wouldn’t be concerned if you’re not allowed to go then kick him to the curb.

13 Likes

If I am not “allowed” to go, that’s super shady and I would not be okay with it. If they’re scheduling dinner when they know I can’t attend, that’s shady, too. If I am supposed to trust him, he has to be trustworthy. That’s not a partnership. That’s ol’ boy wanting to have his cake and eat it, too. I would be gone, 100%.

18 Likes

My husband goes to lunch with his “work wife” often. That’s basically his best friend. So that’s not a big deal to me that the guy has a female friend. The “not allowed to go” is the issue I see. If you are not comfortable with being excluded, tell him that. Better yet, tell her that. You have to communicate the things that bother you. Obviously don’t make accusations because if there really is nothing going on, it won’t go over well. But they HAVE to see that it doesn’t look good. I mean even if he was having dinner with another guy, not “allowing” you to go is a red flag. Like, why? If he occasionally preferred to go without you, just for the needing space factor of relationships, then cool. But never wanting you to go. Nope. Red flag.

4 Likes

A guy and a girl going to dinner together is a date unless they’re family members.

5 Likes

If you’re not allowed to go then she’s not just a “friend.” That’s his side piece. He went on a date with her and he’s either testing the waters to see if he wants to be with her while staying with you until he’s ready to run or he’s been seeing her and is playing both of you.

4 Likes

Are you not allowed to go? I have all male friends but like 3. I go out all the time with my male friends. Heck one hits the gym with me every Friday night. It’s completely friends nothing else. But my husband is welcome to join anytime he wants no notice given. I have nothing to hide. For me not being allowed would be q huge red flag.

5 Likes

If you weren’t allowed to go and just flat out doesn’t include you along then something is up. I would sure wouldn’t be with someone who wants to act super shady especially when their female friends happen to pop up. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I wouldn’t be ok with it. In fact he probably wouldnt be my bf anymore.

3 Likes

I’d go and watch them and see what happens. Then you will know what to do from there.

My husband has a good friend that is a girl and I trust him. And if he messes up then I trust myself to walk away.

1 Like

Help him pick out an outfit, ask him where they are going to eat (make sure you’re upbeat about it), show up and say oh my gosh!!! Was that today?! I am so sorry babe, can you bring me something home? :laughing: Don’t forget a peck on the cheek as you leave.

5 Likes

You can’t go…as in you’re not allowed? That’s a red flag. I may go out with my best guy friend to eat, but my husband can go anytime he wants.

It’s not ok. Yes super shady

Let me put it this way. Did that, he’s now married to her

It wouldn’t happen 🤷

2 Likes

Its a respect thing. Why would he want to go without you? Whether your allowed or not?

Since you’re not allowed to go then yes it’s a red flag and I would dump him.

That’s a red flag for sure. If you’re not allowed, there’s something nasty going on.

3 Likes

It’s a nope from me… :-1:t2:

I’d be pissed, trust or not, you don’t do that.

4 Likes

Honesty! Key! Who ever cant take it he was or she was never meant for u in the first place!

Nope it’s not happening

Are they not allowing you to go? Or is it that they’re just trying to hang out together? I’ve gone to movies and eat with my guy best friend, sometimes we just want a break and with our kids in sports and busy schedules it’s hard to find time to just hangout. And my husband completely understands that.

1 Like

If you trust him, shouldnt be an issue.

Well schedule a date with your male friend. No husbands allowed!

3 Likes

I better be invited.

Sounds like a date. Not ok

Lol time to start going to dinner with some male friends

At the end of the day, its all about trust. If there is no trust, then there is NO relationship between the two.

Call me crazy, but that is coming from someone, me, who has been in some pretty shitty relationships over the last 25 years.
My current boyfriend has gone to dinner with his female friends and it had no impact with me, because I trust him. He has never given me any reason to not trust him over the past year and half we’ve been together.

The hiding lieing opens the door to cheating!

He’d be single :woman_shrugging:t3:

5 Likes

Totally sketch. Do not allow that disrespect!

I would be single lol.

1 Like

If my boyfriend has plans with his friends it’s fine. I don’t need to be included in every single thing. I’ll just make some plans with my own friends or hang out with our kids. Friends are friends no matter what their gender is because you never know, your man could be gay or bi and all you’re worried about is women :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

She’s not a friend at all and your boyfriend/husband is an ass. It would never happen again

Why cant you go? How long have they been friends? Was you invited? Do you know her? I need more information.

I’d think he wanted a liquid diet since he’s about to lose all his teeth!

I would not be cool with it. Would he let you go with another guy?

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How would you feel if your boyfriend went out with a girl "friend" for dinner? - Mamas Uncut

It wouldn’t fly here

Follow them and see.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I think that sums it up

Umm that’s weird asf

Yeah that’s a huge NO

1 Like

Bahahah, byyyyeeeeeee

Um. Why can you not go. Ask yourself if this is what you are wanting

3 Likes

Just break up with him. He’s cheating. That’s bullshit

6 Likes

First of all, why can’t you go? Has he said that you can’t go? If he has than yeah that would be a no, because I don’t get why you wouldn’t be able to go if there wasn’t an ulterior motive behind it.

If he hasn’t said that you can’t go then I don’t see what the issue is? I have a lot of male friends and we go out for dinner time to time, maybe you should do the same with yours? You should trust him, and know that he would say no IF a situation were to arise from the girl’s side.

It is healthy for males and females to have friends of the opposite sex, & that does include going out together for lunch, dinner or go to the cinema etc, just like you would do with your girls and he would with his boys.

2 Likes

I have several male friends I’ve known for longer than I’ve been with my husband. From time to time, we meet up for lunch. I’m not opposed to them meeting, but it’s never happened.

My husband has female friends that he’ll have lunch with. They don’t try and hit on him. Neither of us try and go with the other because we each deserve to have our own friends. My husband married ME, and, if he messes it up, I know my worth, and I’ll leave.

The ONLY time I would be uncomfortable is if it’s a girl that I have expressed my concern about, and he continues to go out with her, but I do not expect to be the only female he hangs out with other than his family.

2 Likes

I mean the fact you know what his doing, is a good sign. I feel if he was up to no good, he’d lie about it but, he’s being honest about his plans with you.
But, what matters is what your comfortable with. It’s only human to feel a little jealousy and curious but, in relationships there must be trust.
And in response to someone who has commented saying its ‘like a date,’… No, its really really not - I had a best friend who was a guy and going out for dinner with him wasn’t like a date because he was just a friend.

Did he say why you can’t go? or did you just assume you can’t? I go for lunch with my guy friends all the time and it’s nothing! Also, are they going to a fancy place or like McDonald’s lol

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How would you feel if your boyfriend went out with a girl "friend" for dinner? - Mamas Uncut

Males and females can be friends, don’t be weird about it.

Hubby and I have done this many times. We were older when we married and already had diverse groups of friends. Sometimes,i would go out with my guy pals. Or he would go out with his female coworkers after.work.
We botk knew who the friends involved were i never even gave it 2 thoughts. Sometimes, especially work friends always ends up being boring for spouse as we talk about work mostly.
Trust your judgment.

42 Likes

I had a guy friend and we were always together. We worked together went out together and I was married. My husband didn’t have any problems. He was like a brother to me. No we never went to the movies or anything like that

15 Likes

My husband would not allow this and would not suggest it whatsoever. Luckily this is a boyfriend. This is YOUR boyfriend, does it bother YOU? If so, SAY SOMETHING. If your feelings are disregarded, BREAK UP WITH HIM.

25 Likes

If you feel like one of them cannot be trusted, then you already answered your question. If they are good people and trustworthy, then absolutely. Your situation and feelings will be what you need to bring up to your boyfriend.

5 Likes

The thing is, it doesn’t matter how the rest of us feel. I personally wouldn’t mind if I had a bf who went to dinner with a female friend. But if it bothers YOU, then it’s a problem in your relationship and it needs to be discussed. Trust is important and so is validating your feelings. We are not all the same, not every relationship is the same. Only you know your own relationship.

7 Likes

As long as he’s willing to bring her around you I’d say lean on the side of trusting him. But if you’re not allowed to meet her, something is up

16 Likes

It’s ALL about longterm trust. I love rock music but can’t drive so quite a few times a year l will go to festival type bashes with a very dear friend called Dave. Dave has been married to Rosie for nigh on 35 years but she loathes rock, even though her husband has always played bass guitar in bands! She refers to me affectionately as her husband’s girlfriend! Similarly she loves folk music which Dave loathes but his friend LOVES and so often Rosie will go off to a folky bash with ‘her boyfriend!’ Total trust, and all of us would recoil in absolute horror if anyone suggested anything untoward. Dave and Rosie absolutely adore each other, they just dont share same music tastes. So it CAN work but l’d imagine more so in longer established relationships.

27 Likes

One of my husband’s best friend is a woman, but I’ll join them sometimes and I attend “book club” at her home with other women. If you are concerned, see if you can join them someday. Or maybe get some girlfriends together and invite her too. You don’t have to become best friends, but you can get to know each other.

3 Likes

My partner goes round his female friends house to eat sometimes and I don’t feel anything about it, apart from I’m glad he has good friends and gets out sometimes. I know he would not do anything inappropriate because I know who he is.
I trust him 100% that said I have always followed my gut instinct. If I did feel uncomfortable I wouldn’t stop him but I would do some deep searching inside as to why I felt that way. My partner has never given me reason to doubt him or distrust anything he says or does.

9 Likes

The only thing that concerns me is that you’re not “allowed” to go. Sit him down and ask him why that is. If you feel off about his answer, then reevaluate whats really going on. Trust your instincts. My hubs can go to whatever he wants and I trust him because I can tell when hes not being genuine with me (very rare and never that extreme compared to my past SO’s). He also goes out of his way to let me know when he gets there, checks in with me, and when he’s on his way home. All without me pressuring him about it. If your mans can’t give you that respect when in the presence of others without you, then its not the kind of person you need in your life.

5 Likes

My husband and I did. But we also weren’t remotely jealous. Regarding him seeing a former girlfriend who was in town to see family, he came home and said, “It was nice to see her but I remember why we broke up. She really is not bright AT ALL!”

I’ve had this happen, when I was married. I allowed it but was very curious and hurt. I kept the feelings inside until I couldn’t any longer and said something and when I did I was basically told my feelings were irrelevant.

13 Likes

Go out for a meal with a lad friend and ask him the question how it makes him feel :disappointed:I personally would not feel comfortable with that and if I expressed my feelings to him about it and he didn’t care then he clearly doesn’t validate my feelings enough to care xx

41 Likes

My only thing is why were you not invited? I mean if it’s im going to hangout with friends tonight we’re gonna eat then whatever . I mean depends … if it doesn’t become a habit then I don’t see the problem . Just trust your gut

15 Likes

He’s entitled to have his friends .

As long as it doesn’t become a habit…I would trust him

13 Likes

Trust is key! Jealousy kills relationships. My hubby is happy for me to go out whenever and where ever I want. I trust him so much.

4 Likes

My husband would not choose to do that. I wouldn’t do it to him either. Of course, if he wanted to and told me about it, I would never tell him no. He’s an adult. He can do whatever he wants. Same here–we love and trust each other.

14 Likes

If you can’t trust your man to go out to dinner with a friend(male or female) then why are you together? Everyone deserves time with their friends and not feeling guilty for asking for it.

8 Likes

I may be different from the rest but we were married nearly 65 years before he passed away.I would have been hurt if he would have done things with his other girlfriends and I’m sure he would have been hurt if I’d have wanted to go places with old guy friends.We always did things together and wouldn’t have wanted it any other way.Thats just me.

5 Likes

Well if I had to be nervous or insecure about trusting my partner to be faithful while having time with friends i’ld be way more concerned about why I was involved with someone I’m not ok trusting. If you have to ask this question you need to rethink your relationships and limits. Find yourself and your needs.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t care. My husband has lots of female friends and he will sometimes have lunch/dinner with them.

6 Likes

He’s allowed to have his own friends. I expect him to be honest. I will trust him until I have a real reason not to.

6 Likes

I worked in a place with almost all men. I sometimes ate alone and sometimes when out with a male co worker. I never felt I had to explain this to my boyfriend. Some guy would say he was going to make a run to this or that restaurant and did I want to ride along and I’d go. :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

My bf is a Male and his Beautiful wife has no issues with us going to dinner or out of town together. She has trust in all of us. Why would I ever want to ruin my bf relationship? We were bf before they met and I truly love her and their family. She is an amazing wife! Maybe there’s trust issues in your marriage. He’s being honest with you about her. Were you invited?

7 Likes

I wouldn’t care. He’s entitled to friendships regardless of gender. Sounds like you might be projecting a bit of your insecurity onto the situation. If you can’t trust ya mans to go out and not entertain other women, then you shouldn’t be dating him :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Have fun bye!!! We’re secure in our relationship

11 Likes

The insecurities in this thread are rampant…… I’m also not sure why loser humans struggle with being loyal to their spouse.

4 Likes

I was a school governor and still meet up with 2 others ( both men) my husband drops me off as does one of their wives ( the other walks) nothing in it but friendship. We meet locally, nothing to hide , nothing wrong in having friends of the opposite sex

3 Likes

I always trusted my husband because he was the most trust with person I knew. So it depends on the person wether or not you trust them.

2 Likes

You know if the bf/gf gave u a reason to be worried then i understand why u would be upset
BUT
ur allowed to have friends of ANY gender…
PLUS…
I know of a few people that were insecure with their own sexual prefrences and got married did the whole “picture perfect family” then later on went and either cheated or left because they realized and came to terms with who they are and decided to come out as gay/lesbian/etc

So you techniclly have just as much to be worried about when they get together with the same sex…

5 Likes

My ex daughter in law did this and would go home every day with my sons best friend, they went to same college before this, to “feed the dog”, they were feeding their sexual appetite. She is now with my sons BEST friend.

4 Likes

I don’t think its appropriate for your husband to go out to dinner with another woman. I think that is a bad decision. It could lead to infidelity. Why would he want to make you feel uncomfortable and not take your feelings into consideration. Does this happen a lot? Is this the first time?

3 Likes

I don’t think so it is just to much of a temptation. It would be more appropriate if it was a double date type thing

3 Likes

As long as he wasn’t sneaky and letting me know about it, I wouldn’t care. 5 years and 3 kids later, we’re beyond needless jealousy lol if anything, the only thing that would piss me off is that he gets to go out without the kids and I don’t :joy:

3 Likes

Depends on if I know her or not. If it’s a friendship he is trying to hide, then no. If it’s out in the open and we’ve met, then I have no problem with it.

20 Likes

Its all about trust. He is free to eat dinner with anyone he chooses. I don’t have to be included. We all need friends of both genders.

1 Like

If you can’t go you should ask yourself why. If they are just friends he would not mind you joining them and meeting her
My ex husband had a “friend”… Jane. he said she was plain and fat…( she was very big…about three times my weight(
He took half the equity out of our house and drove off to Lowestoft to go and live with her. She kicked him out when the money was gone
So…having a friend of the opposite sex is ok providing you aren’t excluded…

2 Likes

I’m sorry, I wasn’t aware I was supposed to care :woman_shrugging:t2:
He’s allowed to have a social circle outside of me and if he is grabbing food with a friend, more power to him.

1 Like

If you know your boyfriend’s lady friend personally and you trust her and your boyfriend that there’s no sexual attraction between those two it is fine. I’m a jealous person, but I will know by witnessing who she is so I can trust her to hangout with my partner.

2 Likes

The funny part is the let’s do it back and see what he thinks comments, that will not end well. Tit-for-tatnever does. Coming to social media already says alot about the relationship. Talk to him about it, the response should be enough to make a decision of whether you share the same ideas of what should or shouldn’t be.

2 Likes

My husband and I did this often. He always said that I had friends before we met, and he wasn’t going to stand in the way of that.

I have had many male friends and all we ever did was hang out nothing went on between us. And yes my husband is the jealous type but he also trusted me and knew my friends We have been together for 46 years married for 44 going on 45 this year.

I go out with my guy friend for dinner at least twice a month, but we ALWAYS give my partner the option to join us. Why can’t you go? I’d be upset also …

1 Like

That would be a weird relationship,if you can’t trust your partner to go anywhere do anything without you.thats not fair at all and definitely not worth sticking around for.so your not allowed to have any friends outside your relationship.no thanks bye…and it sucks cause I’ve personally lost someone I used to be so close to because of it.

2 Likes