I accidentally had 2 tampons in: Will I be okay?

I went on a fun trip yesterday out all day long, left my tampon in on ACCIDENT from 9 pm and put one in at like noon and took it out later to realize I had two in. Will I be okay?

50 Likes

No go to er…my one of friend had that happened it wont able get out of it …did you able to taken out of it both?.

Look up toxic shock syndrome due to tampons. Watch for those symptoms. But u should be ok. It has happened to me once before as well.

10 Likes

It’s like a super tampon. You will be ok. Just look for toxic shock as you forget one…

Hopefully they both came out in one piece? It might be a good idea to see a doctor just in case. But keep on the lookout for TSS symptoms!

1 Like

You will be totally fine!

3 Likes

As long as they both came out, you’ll be ok, I’ve accidentally put two in before, but didnt realize until I took 2 out. Lol

6 Likes

You’ll be fine. I used to wear 2 at a time when my flow was very heavy.

6 Likes

As long as you can get them both out you should be fine. My mother used to wear two tampons in a pad at the same time because of the heavy bleeding.

2 Likes

…how? How does one do that :woman_facepalming:t2:

18 Likes

If it having proble.s getting them out, do some deep coughing. Lol

3 Likes

I would go to the doc or ER just so they can make sure everything came out, sometimes fibers can get stuck still.

1 Like

I hope she didn’t wait from the time of submittal to the time it got posted to figure it out.

2 Likes

I have done this before, not for as long but yeah a few hours doubled up. Keep eye open for tss as the others have already said. Take a nice long shower to relax and unwind and let yourself bleed naturally in the shower before replacing the tampon

1 Like

As long as you can get it out you will be fine. You would be surprised at the number of women who forget they have tampons in… I’m talking for days or weeks at a time.

5 Likes

lol.
i am sure this has happened to more woman then you think​:laughing::raised_hands:t2::woman_facepalming:t3::woman_shrugging:t2::tipping_hand_woman:t3:

5 Likes

You could always call a nurse hotline.

As long as you got them both out, you’re fine.

1 Like

Happened to me when I was younger … Took it out omce I realized and wore pads for a few days… Watched to see if i had any TSS symptoms … Checked my temp and everything every hr for 24 hrs… Didnt have any symptoms …but if I did I was going to go to the dr right away

Uhhhh it’s hard enough getting one in…how do you have room for 2???..

13 Likes

I’ve done the same thing on accident. You’ll be okay.

U should be ok seek medical attention if u start with a fever but all in all u will and should be ok

1 Like

I’m shook by how many people uses 2 or has done this… had no clue it was a thing​:rofl::woman_shrugging:
Whelp learn something new every day

5 Likes

Honestly, I’ve done this before also and was fine. I was a lot younger and when I went to take one out, I realized I had 2 in there.

It’s happened to more women than you’d think. As long as you got both out and feel okay, I wouldn’t worry about it.

2 Likes

Been there :joy:. You’ll be fine as long as both are out.

1 Like

I’ve accidentally done this before also, years ago. Hubby and I laughed about it together. As long as you got them both out and aren’t feeling off at all, you’re okay.

You could risk yourself of having toxic shock syndrome, one of my friends died from having that in middle school :disappointed:

3 Likes

Ok so I’ma be the weird one here.
Am I doing something wrong? I can NOT wear tampons they hurt so freaking bad.
I have tried every brand and every size and they still hurt so bad I can’t wear them…
Anyone ever have this problem and know how to fix it?

You could always call a nurse. I would imagine they will ask you some questions.

Call dr not social media

3 Likes

How do you forget it’s in there? It has a string on it and you would feel it while trying to put another one in. I’d say someone’s looking for attention. 🤷

8 Likes

Did this when I was drunk, accidentally put another one in when had one in already. Realized a couple hours later. But you should be fine.

Eww :sweat_smile: I use a cup. Much easier and more sanitary

4 Likes

First off I do not know how you can accidentally put 2 tampons in :joy:…(this actually happened to a friend of mine as well, but she had to get hers professionally removed)… i’m pretty sure if you have no symptoms of toxic shock syndrom and BOTH tampons are out your most likely fine.

I think we’ve all done this at some point in our lives. It happens . You’ll be fine :wink:

5 Likes

I’ve done it. Was drunk woke up next day with 2. :flushed::fist_right: weird feeling. Lol you should be fine. If you start getting sick get seen asap.

1 Like

I still don’t quite understand how you forget to take one out before putting another one in. I imagine that causes a shit ton of discomfort. Keep an eye out for fever or anything though you should be fine if you got them both out.

So glad someone finally asked this question :laughing: seriously, I have been so busy, mind wise, that after I had put one in I could not remember if I took the first one out :laughing:🤷. Always told myself after, well if something is going to kill me, it’ll be two tampons :laughing::laughing:

5 Likes

Been there…:woman_facepalming: you’ll be okay

No. You’re gonna die

7 Likes

Legitimate question though. How does that happen? If I had two tampons in, I’d know right away. Plus, wouldn’t you have felt the first string when you put the second one in? :open_mouth:

4 Likes

It’s happened to me too

I did this before but my period was so heavy that they both only stayed in 3 hours tops. The first was in for 2 hours and the 2nd was in an hour.

I had this happen. String on first came off when inserted so I thought I had already taken it out when I put second in. Just shoved the first farther up. If you got both out you will be fine.

It is so comforting to hear that other women have done this, I thought I was the only one that had done that.

2 Likes

I’ve made that mistake before as well. You will be fine LOL

1 Like

I’m sorry but how does that even happen?? There’s literally a string that hangs out of your body lol

3 Likes

Your okay you got it out thats all that matters ive done it once

So long as you get them both out, you will be fine.

2 Likes

I always notice there is a tampon in. It’s so uncomfortable to me. But I have read some ob horror stories on Reddit and apparently this happens frequently.
One lady had left 7 and forgot about them

9 Likes

Freaking disgusting!!:nauseated_face: I don’t care how many women have done this.

8 Likes

If you’re not feeling sick, you are okay.

As long as you got both out - you should be okay … but I would wear a pad for a few days instead. :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I’ve done this and I’m fine. Idk how we do it but we do

If you start feeling sick, go to the hospital. Don’t wait.
If you don’t feel sick, you’ll be just fine.

1 Like

My sister inlaw forgot about one for a few weeks.

3 Likes

Done that. Lol you’ll be okay

I know a lady who had sex with one in, she kept smelling something down there and on observing in a mirror she realised there was one in but pushed quite far up. Totally disgusting :nauseated_face:

3 Likes

Lol yes you’re fine.

Lol you should be fine as long as you’re not feeling sick and it didn’t completely stop your flow

I had a coworker that told me she forgot about one.
She didn’t find out until she could actually smell the thing :nauseated_face:

It was pretty far up in her lady bits. But her obgyn got it out :woman_facepalming:

5 Likes

How does stuff like this happen :joy:

11 Likes

No, no you won’t be ok…you literally forgot about two chunks of cotton inside your pussy…how big is that thing to “not know” what’s in there? Sad. Please hand over your vagina, you’re not responsible.

All else fails, goto a doctor or a sexual health unit. With how long the first tampon was in would be the concerning bit

This has always been my fear lol like when I go out drinking i now only wear pads so when I go to pass out I never forget that one is in there

I have done it you will be ok. If yoy get to worried called the nurse line for doctor.

If you still believe that girls are made of sugar and spice and everything nice, just read this thread. :joy: Girl are gross. Grosser than guys sometimes. :joy::nauseated_face:

5 Likes

I’ve never done that but I’ve peed while it was still in and forgot untill I started peeing

1 Like

You should b fine. If you start running a temp or feel crampy get checked asap.

The lesson today…
Don’t Drink and Tampon

7 Likes

Been there done that! You’ll be fine! As long as both came out. I’ve put 2 in and never noticed and then when pulled them out I’m like WHAT!

1 Like

I had a friend forget she had one in MULTIPLE TIMES and had to go to ER to get them removed and checked out. Just because of that, whenever I have one in, I like triple check myself :joy: so scared.

1 Like

It happened to me once when I was a teenager, you will be fine if you aren’t already sick.

TSS is extremely rare btw.

Wonder how many more are in there ? :thinking:

7 Likes

Use menstrual cups. Wayyy better and that won’t ever happen again lol.

3 Likes

I know someone that has had sex multiple different times and forgot they had a tampon in every time. And everything turned out fine with her.

4 Likes

O m g Are you for real this don’t belong one the internet

3 Likes

Kaitlyn Ott looks like someone had to play Edward Scissorhands the other day😂

Apparently this is common but I don’t get how you forget something like that is inside you??? Nasty asses

Did unget both out? Lol. Oh man haha. You will be ok.
I forgot I had one in once…it was in there from like 9pm, until almost 4pm the next day. I felt like a dumb ass. It happens. I completely forgot about it.
Lol :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

As long as you’re feeling ok then I would think you’ll be alright. But absolutely seek medical attention immediately if you feel any little bit off or sick. I worked in a nursing home for a while and one of the residents there was an elderly woman who had to have an entire hysterectomy and almost died from infection from that exact thing. She had forgotten she had a tampon in and put in another one. It caused the first one to get pushed really far back to where she couldn’t see or feel it. She developed an infection and went to the hospital. They diagnosed her with a simple bladder infection and sent her home. Like a week later she started urinating blood and was experiencing horrible pain. She called an ambulance for herself and she ended up needing emergency surgery once they realized what the problem was. Horrible story :pensive:

3 Likes

ah oof ow my vagooter

Some of y’alls comments :woman_facepalming:

As long as you got both out - you should be okay. Watch for any symptoms though because TSS happens more often than people think.

I got drunk as shit one time and did that…
Didnt realize until the morning when I went to change it and pulled two out :joy: and I’m still good

How do you forget? You must be loose! Kegels try them!

1 Like

Of course you’ll be okay goofy! Don’t you people know anyting?

Some of y’all woman are so rude… We seek advice from one another not to me judged and ridiculed for others questions and answer… Im very disappointed in all the grown woman on here acting rude in the comments…

4 Likes

This is a mom group. We’re supposed to support each other or seek advice and help on another. if you have something rude or ignorant keep it to yourself, I can’t believe how many of you are so rude and judgmental. You’re a mom and they’re a mom we all go thru shit regardless the situation.

This is a stupid question for “my husband is a blessing” good grief… I’m done with this page… out of here… goodbye…

4 Likes

This is ridiculous!!! This page has gone to crap!!!

You’re fine. If you spike a fever go straight to the er and tell them what happened. But I’m sure you are fine.

6 Likes

Honestly I think you’re going to be OK. TSS is not as big of a concern due to the different manufacturing method of tampons at this point. However do you be wary of any fever or chills you might experience

1 Like

What does this have to do with my husband is a blessing??? Sorry not being mean

10 Likes

I really don’t understand this page…It is called, “My Husband is a Blessing,” correct? Then why am I always seeing mamma/daddy/baby drama from people who are not MARRIED?
And now tampon questions? :woman_facepalming:

21 Likes

Maybe you should ask your real doctor loosey goosey!What the hell happen to this page it was about husbands?

4 Likes

Just relax dig deep and pull it out,you will be fine. If u have a man with longer fingers ask him itll be fun lol trust me😒

3 Likes

As long as you removed both, you should be okay. Switch to pads the rest of your period though. Toxic shock syndrome is no joke. If you get a fever go into the ER asap.

5 Likes

Just watch for any signs of infection but most likely you will be fine.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t you realize you had one in when you went to put the other in? Lol I’m sure you’ll be fine stuff 2 at a time from now on for extra protection lol😆

3 Likes