I Need Advice About Using Tampons: Help!

QUESTION:

"When you’re on your cycle and wear tampons, how do you stop getting your panties soaking wet with urine?

Every time I pee with a tampon in, obviously, my tampon string gets soaked with pee. What do y’all do? I wear panty liners, but they are so uncomfortable for me. Any other tips?"

RELATED QUESTION: I accidentally had 2 tampons in: Will I be okay?

TOP ANSWERS (AS SELECTED BY MODERATOR):

“You do not need to change your tampon every time you pee like some people are suggesting. You simply need to move the tampon string out of the way.”

“No you don’t need to change it every time, they can stay for hours in place. After using the bathroom, just pat the string dry.”

“Or change the tampon when you go to the bathroom.”

“HOLD ON, I was taught you change your tampon/pad EVERY TIME you use the bathroom. if you go to the bathroom a lot, use a smaller size so it’s not uncomfortable to take it. I legit thought every female was taught this way.”

“Um you move the string out of the way when you pee?”

“I always change mine whenever I go to the bathroom… try that.”

“Wow… so many negative comments for someone just asking a question. I personally could not change every time I pee bc after three kids there’s no way. I pee every 2 seconds it seems lol.”

“Am I the only one that just holds the string to the side to avoid the pee?”

“Hold the string out of the way. And no. I do not change it every time I pee. Quite often, ill wake up, pee/change my tampon, drink my coffee, and have to pee again in 30 minutes.”

“Just hold the string forward. Ignore the people saying it’s gross to not change it every time you pee. Tampons are expensive. You don’t have to change it every time you go. As long as you pat/wipe dry, and wash your hands, there’s no reason why you can’t just hold the string forward if you know you don’t need to change your tampon yet.”

" All of you who say you change every time you pee must have heavy flows or loads of money. Tampons are expensive, at least the good kind are. Lightly tug and if it comes out then change it otherwise hold the string back and pee. If I take it out too soon it hurts. Now for #2, I take it out before you go. I just forget all that and I use a cup. One time charge and take out as much or little as you please!"

Have a response to this question? Leave it below to help a mama out! Or leave your own question and get responses from real moms!

READ ALL ANSWERS BELOW:

51 Likes

Um you move the string out of the way when you pee??

23 Likes

Move the string out of the line of urine

1 Like

How do you get pee on a tampon?! It should be far enough up your vagina to be no where near your urethra. Or do you mean the string?

Move the string before you pee

1 Like

Or change the tampon when you go to the bathroom

15 Likes

If you cant comfortably hold the string out of the way tuck the string up into the outer lips before you pee…its like god made us a little string holder lol, i works everytime for me. Untuck the string when your done or else it will be uncomfortable lol

12 Likes

Move the string or change missiles, lol

15 Likes

Yep make sure that string is tucked somewhere lol, and if it gets too sopping just change ya product fir a fresh one

2 Likes

I bleed heavy so I change them every time I pee

6 Likes

Am I the only one who changes their tampon everytime I use the restroom?!

39 Likes

Change your tampon when you go to the bathroom

3 Likes

I change mine everytime I pee

3 Likes

I change my tampon every time I go to the bathroom

3 Likes

Uh you change the tampon after you pee.

I change mine every time I use the toilet, but I bleed heavily

I always change mine when I peed

I change my tampon everytime i use tye bathroom.

What the hell did I just read …

10 Likes

I always take it out when I use the bathroom!! Only time I’ve peed with it is when I use to drink haha an meeeee to be every 2 mins an got sick a putting a new one in… because there’s not way to avoid it from soaking up peee… it’s gross.

Put A Cup In It Community

3 Likes

Change it everytime you pee

Tuck the string inside

2 Likes

No judgment but this one made me say WTF

9 Likes

Hold the string towards your bottom…

1 Like

Uumm I was under the impression you’re supposed to change it everytime you use the bathroom, ooorrr am I doing it wrong here ? :eyes::flushed:

17 Likes

Change your tampon everytime you use the bathroom thats what most people do

2 Likes

You change the tampon everytime you pee

1 Like

Gross. You don’t change it every time you go to the restroom? :face_with_raised_eyebrow::flushed:

2 Likes

Hold the string to the side so it doesnt get pee on it.

1 Like

Hold the string back towards your bum…

No you don’t need to change it every time, they can stay for hours in place. After using bathroom, just pat the string dry.

17 Likes

All of you who say you change every time you pee must have heavy flows or loads of money. Tampons are expensive, at least the good kind are. Lightly tug and if it comes out then change it otherwise hold the string back and pee. If I take it out too soon it hurts :woman_shrugging:t3: Now for #2 I take it out before you go. I just forget all that and I use a cup. One time charge and take out as much or little as you please!

20 Likes

HOLD ON, I was taught you change your tampon/pad EVERY TIME you use the bathroom… if you go to the bathroom a lot, use a smaller size so its not uncomfortable to take it. I legit thought every female was taught this way…

12 Likes

Seriously gross. This has to be a joke. You dont pee with a tampon in

4 Likes

Check out the menstrual cup and disc life!! Changed my cycles for the better. For more info check out Put A Cup In It Community

I always change mine everytime i pee

2 Likes

Sorry but what? I’m diabetic and I go to the toilet at lot to pee so perhaps this lady has the same issue? I go at least 20 times during the day, if not more depending on my sugar levels. Im supposed to use 20 different tamps for 7 days? Think of the expense! Perhaps this lady has the same issue. No need to judge her or mock her for asking the question x

30 Likes

Change it everytime or cam create a bacteria.

2 Likes

I’ve held the string and used toilet paper and squeezed the string with it and it dries it off. Also depends on how much you use the bathroom throughout the day and how heavy your flow is.

3 Likes

Wow…so many negative comments for someone just asking a question. I personally could neither change every time i pee bc after three kids theres no way. I pee every 2 seconds it seems lol.

11 Likes

Change the tampon every time…

2 Likes

I change the tampon every time I pee. I also wear thin pads while wearing tampons just in case.

2 Likes

I certainly never heard any complaints from my girlfriend the whole time she was on her cycle and we both rode some pretty big bikes!

3 Likes

You should be taking it out to wee and then put a fresh one in…

3 Likes

NO u dont take it out every single time u pee,u change it when its full,changing them too much can be harmful…

12 Likes

I don’t anymore but I would just hold to the side. Since having kids, I can’t wear them anymore. I’ve switched to the cup which has been a game changer.

1 Like

Hold the string out of the way.
And no. I do not change it every time I pee. Quite often, ill wake up, pee/change my tampon, drink my coffee, and have to pee again in 30 minutes.

7 Likes

I change tampons when i pee

2 Likes

I always change mine lol but I guess just hold the string up while you’re peeing if you don’t want to change it

For everyone saying its gross or unhealthy, here is an article with literal MD’s saying ITS OK TO PEE WITH A TAMPON IN! :grin: Can You Pee With A Tampon In?

9 Likes

Most of you guys are being so fucking rude!

“Eww”
“Gross”
“Wtf?”

Like why even use those words? I don’t change mine every time I pee…I do pull the string to the side or back though.

It’s just weird to me that so many of y’all are stating how “yuck” it is if someone doesn’t change it every time. Give me a break!

Umm just asking but anyone realize there is a MALE on this feed? Isn’t this a mom’s group?

6 Likes

I change everytime i go but in saying that, i have an awesome bladder (on a bad day, 24hrs ill go to the toilet around 3-4 times) and my flow is heaaaavy so its usually time to change when i go to the toilet.

Every single Google page says changing every time you pee is personal preference. Not necessary.

2 Likes

I change mine every time I pee…

You can’t fix stupid !!

2 Likes

I don’t let the string dangle, I tuck it up.

4 Likes

I always changed mine when I went to the bathroom but if you don’t want to do that, hold the string to the side.

2 Likes

I change mine when I use the restroom When I have lighter days I keep panty liners but oanty liners are a must

Pull the string back between your butt cheeks a little

2 Likes

Change every 4 hours, dab the string dry with toilet roll xxx

Huge reason why I love the Diva Cup :slight_smile:

2 Likes

They sell panties for this type of thing they are reusable

Your vagina and urethra are two different holes . For the women that are changing them Everytime you go to the bathroom you are wasting money. Plus tampons are full of cancerous causing chemicals. Pads or diva cups are a lot safer

I change mine every time I use the restroom

2 Likes

I always change mine

2 Likes

You pee with the tampon in ? :flushed:
Please, PLEASE, do not do that.
Use the menstral ring or cup,
I like the ring. Those you can pee with.

5 Likes

I personally change everytime I pee but you can tuck the string up and back a bit. Remember that the urethra is between your clitoris and vaginal opening. Towards the end where the tampon is too much for a light flow I switch to thin pads. Also I have used menstrual cup since I was 15 I’m 22 now. Hop on the cup train!!

I change my every time :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Don’t pee with a tampon in

2 Likes

I was always told to NEVER pee with a tampon in. ALWAYS take it out before u pee then put a new one in. I know it will make u go thru them quicker but that’s just what your suppose to do. I personally don’t wear them. I wear pads cause I can’t stand the way tampons feel but when I did wear one I was always terrified to pee with one in cause my sis told me the pee will make the tampon expand an make it harder to come out. (Don’t know if that’s true or not) but it still can’t be good

4 Likes

You tuck the string in the crease between your thigh and vag. Upwards like towards your navel direction. That stops it from getting soaked.

3 Likes

I genuinely know someone who used to take her tampon out to pee then shove the same one back inside :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing: when she told me I think my entire body cringed.

8 Likes

Never knew anyone left the tampon in??!?! I’ve always taken it out.

7 Likes

Change it at every bathroom break. I only used them when I was at work and used pads at home. But I think after I have my baby I’ll try the cups… after I’m all healed of course

1 Like

Gudd one…der change or tuct the string…or just pull it out and tampon it… Bad mouse

1 Like

I’ll never, ever try tampon humor again!

Change it every time you go to the restroom

1 Like

Like… what!? :joy::thinking::eyes::exploding_head:

1 Like

Your suppose to change it when you pee.

2 Likes

You don’t pee out of the same hole a tampon goes in, you can leave it in, urine does not get into your vagina when you pee. Take the string, roll it up or gold it a little, place it at the opening of your vagina, don’t shove it all the way in. It will stay there and not get wet when you pee…I’m blown away this isn’t a common thing :joy:

It is a legit question guys. If you have a little bladder, you have to pee a lot. Changing it everytime is unreasonable. Sometimes I have to pee a half hour after I pee! Just pull the string to the side. If you have a short canal you might not be able to get around changing it every time. I sit down and the damn thing is right there about to come out regardless of how far I try to put it in.

Stick it in ya booty crack lmfao. Thats where my ended up. But I switched to a cup a long time ago lol

3 Likes

You’re supposed to change it every you go to the bathroom.

3 Likes

I changed mine everytime i went to the bathroom…

1 Like

You do not need to change your tampon every time you pee like some people are suggesting. You simply need to move the tampon string out of the way.

26 Likes

Omg just shove it up there far enough that it doesn’t get wet… there is no reason to change it every time

5 Likes

Umm you’re not suppose to pee with a tampon in!!! Wtf !!! That’s just a bacterial infection waiting to happen

5 Likes

Try a Diva cup! It will change your life and no toxic shock syndrome risk!

Aren’t you supposed to change it every time you pee? That’s kinda gross having a string of pee sitting on there…

8 Likes

I literally just change mine everytime I use the bathroom but my flows are heavy and i have to change them every hour anyway😭

3 Likes

Kind of funny but wipe the string good :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

Soak it up with some paper on the string, or move the string out of the way, or like I do - tuck it up inside a bit.

1 Like

Idk if it’s only me but If i don’t remove it when pee i won’t be able to fully empty my bladder

2 Likes

For those of you who change it everytime you pee… umm some of us don’t soak through them every 45 minutes… and its wasting money and personally sometimes I dont bleed for hours and taking it out dry hurt like a motherfxxxer try putting the string inside the vagina where the tampon is or hold it out of the way sweetie. Just make sure to change your tampon at least every 6 hours to avoid toxic shock syndrome. The box says 8 but I would change it sooner just to make sure

I just change mine if i have to pee

1 Like

Okay so… option 1 hold string to the side while you pee. 2 change tampon every time (this can suck if you have a lite flow) option 3 different products like a cup (also come with its own challenges) whatever you choose please for the love of all vaginas do not wear a pee string.

7 Likes

Before peeing , gently put it between your vagina and inner thigh (pantie line area)and hold it there or tuck it under your leg between your thigh and the toilet seat,
(clean seat before and after use when doing the second option)

I just squeeze toilet paper on to it and soak it up and then its not got pee on it.