I Am 37 Weeks Pregnant and Bleeding with Clots, but Doctors Sent Me Home: Advice?

Sounds like back labor. Go to another hospital

1 Like

Question: where is your OB in all of this? That should be the first call and the call after you leave. Not to mention the ER doc should be calling your OB. You should be sent to labor and delivery for monitoring. If you’re bleeding do not take a bath. Where the hell did you go???!?!

4 Likes

Sounds like you’re in labour. I had this and when I passed clots the second time, I had an emergency c-section.

1 Like

Dont sound very professional that for hospital :face_with_monocle:

Go back don’t let it go you could be having back labor

2 Likes

Go to another hospital. Call ob

1 Like

I would call your ob and let them know what’s going or ho back to the hospital and tell them you’re not leaving until you get answers

1 Like

Go back to the hospital!!! I just lost my baby at 34 weeks that could have been prevented if I had followed my first mind. Go back.

29 Likes

Go to a different hospital

1 Like

Back labor! Sounds like what I went thru. I was in labor and didn’t know til I was hooked up to the monitor to time them

Definitely get in touch with your ob! Don’t wait. Go to a different hospital or if you have to go to same demand a different dr than you just had. Stay strong mama sounds like your in labor

Also most hospital have something where you can rate your visit. If you feel like it I’d call higher up and tell them about your experience, especially, if it’s worse than they told you

1 Like

You need to go back. Call your OB and go back in or go to a different hospital.

Sounds like back labor. I felt like I had to poop but couldn’t then contractions came and went. Lost mucus plug a day or two before… some women don’t until they deliver. You very well might be having that baby! Good luck.

Go back to the hospital!

I would go back I had this an mine little boy came six hours later I had bad back pain with both of mine

It sounds like you’re in labor hun. Call your ob

Go to l&d if you didn’t before. They have to monitor you and check you.

Honestly it sounds like your in labor! That is soo crazy no one checked you and that they told you to take a bath! I delivered my daughter at 37 weeks and this is exactly what it was like! I would say go to a different hospital or go back to that one and request different people. Also call your OB. They should have done that right when you got there. I don’t know where you went but they definitely dropped the ball.

4 Likes

Go back! And also request a different nurse and please advocate for yourself and your baby! And a different doctor if you must.

1 Like

You go back to the hospital and do not leave and no they cannot force you to leave cause if something happens to your baby they will liable for not keeping you

1 Like

I would go to another hospital and get checked. This is your child and your health. Bleeding is not normal and it sounds like labor to me. I can’t believe you was not checked to see if you were dilated. Just go to another hospital and see what they tell you. Prayer’s may God bless you and your child.

Call your actual OBGYN

2 Likes

Call you ob and explain what is going on

i think you are going into labor, time the pain, and go to another hospital as well

Did they hear your babies heart beat. If they didn’t you need to go back asap. That happened to me and it wasn’t good. Go back!!!

Go to another hospital and explain to them what happened at the last hospital.

Go to another hospital

Different hospital and call your OB

If there’s another hospital go there. Or wait till shift change at 7. Doctors/ nurses can really be pricks sometimes

2 Likes

I had that, I was bleeding from my placenta! They had to take my baby at 35 weeks…

Go back. And request someone different

Please go back to the hospital or another hospital. That’s just awful and so unprofessional on their part to send you home without examining you more. And to say to have a hot bath while pregnant is a big no no!

1 Like

Go back! Labor is different for every woman! I was told I couldn’t be in labor because I was 0 at my OB appointment 4 hours earlier and and the blood was just a plug…but sure enough my water was broken! Go back!

Contact hospital administration and ask to speak with their Compliance Officer, Risk Manager or Patient Advocate. Tell them you are concerned with the care you were provided and state that you’d like to make a formal complaint or file a grievance.

You may or may not like the outcome, but they are responsible to conduct a fair and thorough investigation.

Include peoples names, dates, and times. Include any specific instructions you were provided when you file the grievance.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Please go back or go to a diff hosp. I bled at 34 weeks and had my baby at 35 weeks.

3 Likes

Go back, or go to another. Dont wait just in case. Go get them to check you and check on your baby

They most probably don’t want you there for covid reasons but sounds like you need to get advise go back or to another hospital if local to you or call 111 please don’t leave it go with your heart . Hope you and your baby both stay safe . Good luck . X

1 Like

go back and make sure u make a scene or go to a diff one.

think of it this way. if that baby dies and its their fault they still wont take responsibility.

so go again and let them know ur still in pain and let them know if this baby dies itll be their fault. even at my OB i take a list of questions and i always make sure they r doing their job.

also if the nurse was flirting with ur bf then u need to say something right then and there. make sure she knows she can flirt after she does her fucking job…

damn girl u do and say whatever u need to do. but makesure that baby is ok.

Disgusting treatment babe :heart:

Also worst thing to do is hot bath it stimulates contractions miscarriage and labour!! Go else where good luck x

2 Likes

Disgusting treatment, seems you are in labour and you need examination, find a hospital that will treat you properly. Please let us know how you get on x

Go to another hospital. Or the same one. Don’t take any chances. Demand an ultrasound and to be checked

I’d definitely go to a different hospital!!

Go back ASAP. That’s bs. No way I’d of gone home and no way she’d still be my nurse.

1 Like

Sounds like back labor go back or to a a different hospital ask them to check if you’re dialted and of you’re having contractions

Go to Different Hospital. If not go back and ask for a different Doctor!!!

Please go to another hospital.

I would go to another hospital for a check up don’t let them fob you off you could be in early stages of labour babe

1 Like

You are the voice for your baby! it sucks being in the situation, but you know what you’re experiencing! A man doctor may know the textbook and the anatomy, but they will never understand what it actually feels like. When I went to the hospital with concern the ER wouldn’t even touch me they sent me straight to L&D where they hook you up and always check you! I would call your OB on the after hours phone and explain what’s going on they’ll have you go back in I’m sure.

Don’t let them fob you off GET SEEN TOO ASAP

Questions: Did they put the monitors on you to check the baby’s heart beat and contractions?
Check for dilation?
Do an ultrasound?
Check to see if you were dehydrated?
These are all the things that should of been done. Go back or a different hospital!
Also download an app that tracks your contractions. So when you go in you can tell them: they are this for part and they are lasting this long.

1 Like

Sounds like early labor🤷🏻‍♀️ if you are concerned, go back in or call your doctor.

Go to the hospital now

Ask a doctor not a nurse!

Go back or go to another one if you can

Hospital go back use your mom voice get pissy omg be a Karen if you must

Go to another hospital

Tell them ur in labor and having contractions close together time the back pain and how often the pain is coming

My first labor started because I lost my mucus plug, or had my “bloody show” as some call it, please go back to the hospital

Go to a different hospital asap

Call your OB. Your OB should have someone on call to meet you at the hospital.

2 Likes

Go back to the hospital straight away .

Mucus plug can be bloody but not normally clots from what u describing ad go to hospital this sound like u have being ignored doctors cant make dessions on pregnant women only midwives and consultants in the pecfic area am in the uk go to a pregnancy assessment unit as we call it you are entitled to a second opinion xx

Go back! With my youngest I went in because I was contracting. They tried to tell me I wasn’t and told me to go home and lay down. I told them that was my third baby and I know my body, I refused to leave and 2 hours later my son was born.

Go back to the hospital, those are the labor pain, any time of the day you are going to give birth.

Go straight bk to hospital hope ur wee baby is here soon

Go back to the hospital you are in labor

Sounds like braxton hicks. Just keep an eye on the cramping, timing between cramps, duration of cramps. If they aren’t regular it’s not labour

I had HORRENDOUSLY huge clots from about 37-39 weeks, that even baffled my OB. They happened every time I went in and had my cervix checked, so at least I was prepared for them. I’m not kidding you when I say they were HOCKEY PUCK sized. We never really knew why I was passing such large clots, but baby boy turned out fine! I lost my mucous plug at 22 weeks (crazy, I know) and didn’t have my “bloody show” until I was about an hour into labor.

I did have back labor though, and the cramping pains sound exactly like what I had. You may have lost your mucous plug and are having your “bloody show,” so get ready!

Go to another hospital. I passed a clot the size of a golf ball and I was in the hospital for a week till I was done bleeding. When I left the hospital I had to have someone with me at all times and I was on bed rest from 24-37 weeks when they took baby girl by c section.

Go back to a hospital. I am talking from experience.

Im guessing its back labor and contractions,I had bad back labor with my kids,I would go back in after shift change so u will get different doctors or maybe another hospital

I had this also Dr checked me & it ended up being my cervix getting ready for labour & I was dilating I’d go back ask for an internal

I was. Bleeding as well and sent home bc i was 36 weeks if continues after 4 hours go back.

I’d go back or to different hospital I had a baby born at 37 weeks, 38 weeks and 36 weeks 5 days

Sounds like you may be having a placenta abruption, please go back xx

Go to another hospital if u can or if ur insurance will let u, but most definitely call ur OB they should have a emergency line. Good luck, prayers everything is fine.

I definitely don’t recommend taking a hot bath…

Go back i would try dif hosp

I had the same thing from July until October 2019 pregnant with my daughter the dr was stumped he couldn’t figure out where the hell it was coming from

Hospital, now! Different one if possible. Something is happening, sounds like you’re having back labor, put your foot down, turn into mama bear, and don’t back down

2 Likes

Go back demand to be thoroughly checked

1 Like

Call your OB to meet you at the hospital.

If you don’t want to lose your baby…pray first…go to the hosp now.and deal with your bf once baby is ok…take care

Go to a different hospital or call your ob to meet you in the hospital. Don’t take chances

1 Like

I lost a baby at full term that could have been prevented if the hospital I was at had listened to me !! Please go back and demand to be checked over properly, nothing is more important than that precious cargo you are carrying :heart:

3 Likes

I hope all is okay. I just wanted to say I didn’t have the normal contractions that is thought in labour I had really bad back pain. Was told I wasn’t in labour and told to go to the loo and I ended up having my baby in the toilet.
Go with your gut and don’t take no for a answer. Best of luck :crossed_fingers:

Go back to hospital it’s your baby follow your instincts,gut feeling :kissing_closed_eyes:

Get back to hospital again mrs good luck! Xxx

If your mucous plug has come out, do NOT take a bath! Shower but bath can introduce infection.

I’m sorry if this offends… but since when does being pregnant give a person special treatment? I’m 65 years old and I don’t ask for special treatment because I don’t want to stand in a queue!

At 35 weeks, I got up in the morning to go to the bathroom, on the way I bleed and clots galore came out. I panicked. Rushed to the hospital and they did an internal sonogram to check on the baby, which he was fine. They kept me overnight for observation. Later that night my water broke and labor started. He came a month early and now he’s 21. I would go back to the hospital and stay there.

1. You should of told the nurse about herself and to go spread her legs to somewhere else, and your hubby should of also said something as well. You need to get intouch with your OB and if they dont take you seriously then go to a different hospital.

Sounds just like the same early labour i had with my first. (Shes 9 now) but mine start with lower back in the early morning and moved into contractions as the day went on.

And yeah dont tske a warm bath that will put off labour thats a terrible idea.

I would be going back to the hospital and demanding they do another set of tests. That would be your best bet!

I went into Labour at 35 weeks , started just like this , nurse told me to go home and have a warm bath…3:32am he was here…lucky a doc came in and said I was to go to Oxford John Radcliffe Hospital.baby is telling us something…(complications ment I was under both hospitals care). Go back and seek a second opinion good luck…