I am 6-weeks-pregnant and bleeding but my levels are doubling: Thoughts?

When I was pregnant with my son (2nd child) I had a full period & then a half. He’s totally normal now. Try not to stress

I bled for my whole 1st trimester with my 2nd baby. He is 15 and doing great. I thought I was going to lose him the whole time.

You poor thing I know this is putting undue stress on you. I’m sorry for that, please try to stay calm and don’t stress on it to much or that can be harmful to your pregnancy. It has happened to ladies before and I’m praying for you to just be having an irregular pregnancy. I had a period when I was pregnant and it was ok. I hope the same for you.

I had a period every month with my son all the way to 1 week before delivery…he’s 13 months now…

I bleed heavy from 5 months to 9 cramped all the way threw I found laying on the floor with my legs up on my bed helped to stop it , yet every time I bent over or wore clothes that were a bit snug started it again no straining no reaching no pushing and No sex sorry I know that might be hard for some for me my baby was more important to me

I bleed untill I was 7 months pregnant. Didn’t even know I was preggo at first

Some continue having full periods if your numbers are raising like they should then don’t stress out to much about it.

Ovulation can occur later making you not as far along as you think. Sometimes there is 1st trimester bleeding. Cant tell if the sac is separating from the wall till alittle later like 6-8 wks. Also can’t tell if its a blighted ovum till around7-9 wks to be sure. There should be a fetal pole but heart motion at around 7 weeks or 8wks by lmp for sure. Might have to go to several ultrasounds to be diffently certain it a msd ab or blighted ovum. Have to see a fetus with heart motion. Or theres s twin preg maybe one fetus will develop and one wont. Thats called vanishing twin. You could bleed with that as well Just have to keep having Beta HcGs and Ultrasounds. If you are at the gestation where a fetus should be seen and theres no fetus and betas are decreasing then msd ab. Its a roller coaster for sure. Its a waiting game. Good luck

Im a ob/gyn sonographer here in chgo. Seen many of these even with good outcome. Just have to wait it out with blood tests and scans

I bled for 4 months. Heavily. And had a healthy baby girl. #7. Lol turns out my placenta was on the opening of my cervix and happens a lot. But all was fine. Don’t worry too much. Sometimes the worry makes it worse.

I bled for a little while and was put on bed rest delivered a beautiful little girl nine months later.

Rest try to relax put your feet up

Forgive me if it’s been asked but is it possible you’re having twins? This is very similar to what happened to me.

I had cramping and spotting during the begining of my second pregnancy. My obgyn suggested for me to stay off my feet as much as possible. I followed doctor’s orders and my baby girl is 13 now. I wish you the best.

With my first pregnancy I bled the entire time. They watched me super closely and had me on bedrest

I spotted through my first trimester at 42. I have a healthy 9yrs old. Take it easy hunny.

I bled for 4 months with and SCH. He’s 3 years old now and healthy as can be.

yes n it was my 8 week dr suggested me duphaston n then I had my smooth pregnancy…so stay positive n keep praying

Im rh negative and lost alot of blood with my first had to get a rhogam shot

Sadly the same thing happened to my daughter, she had a blighted ovum. But now she’s having a healthy pregnancy and is almost 4 mos along

I bled heavily for my whole 3rd month of pregnancy. And everything was fine my doctors said.

Happened to me as well. Doctor explained to me the baby was just settling into its home in the lining and some women was just sensitive to pregnancy. He’s 6 years old today.

I know a girl who had her period all through her pregnancy but then again she didn’t even know she was pregnant

I bled for 6 month’s of my pregnancy, and thank god i have a beautiful 29 year old.

I had similar things with one of my pregnancies. Turns out it was called blighted ovum where just the sac grew…

Everyone is different you can still get your period while being pregnant try not to stress much you got this :muscle::pray:

Stay off your feet only get up to use the bathroom and try not to have any stress about other things.

This happened to me, it was my placenta had attached over the opening of my uterus.

My daughter in law starting bleeding so heavy she went to ER we thought she miscarried…the baby was fine she just had to stay off her feet for a few days.

I had what seemed like normal periods all through my first pregnancy. Everything turned out ok

I had a normal period at 4 weeks. I didn’t find out I was pregnant till I was 2 months along because of it.

I had my period for the first three months I was pregnant. My son Will be 14 in September. Healthy and “normal”

You’re early int the pregnancy. It’s not too common but some women have periods for the first 3 months. If your numbers are still increasing your baby is ok

I bled a couple of times with my second baby. He is 15! Hang in there!

I did. I was told possible miscarrying multiple times. I wasnt I had a hematoma cysts that was containing draining

Yes , all my pregnancys I bled from spotting to like regular periods. No complications at all

Yes I blend the whole pregnancy I had to be put on bed rest but still my baby’s

My son was a Missed Miscarriage. He just turned 3 I’ll keep you in my prayers mama.

I bled
all through my pregnancy thought I was miscarrying She just graduated from college! Don’t worry Pray Praying for u and your baby

Regular flow and cramping is most likely a miscarriage

My grandmother had a normal cycle while pregnant with all her kids. 15 total. Had to be so confusing in the early 1900’s.

Could be a “Molar Pregnancy”.
Look that up…I had one when I was 23.

1 Like

My last pregnancy I found out I was pregnant day before Thanksgiving. Around dec 5th I had a gush of blood went to the ER ultrasound showed 2 sacs. But everything was fine. Beginning of Jan had another gush of blood figured everything was fine. At my appointment Jan 28th they told me there was only 1 sac. February another gush of blood everything still fine. March they gave me papers to get lab work done then covid hit. Managed to still get to my appointments everything good. Week before mother’s day I kept waking up thought I just had an accident. On mother’s day before bed I was in a lot of pain. It subsided after taking some Tylenol. Later that night I went to get off the ground. Couldn’t sleep went n sat outside n got up gush of blood. Went to the Dr as a walk in next day said everything looked fine. Throughout the week tho I kept leaking blood n fluid. At my scheduled appointment they did an ultra sound n amniotic fluid was almost non existent. They ended up admitting n transferring to health park. Told me when this happens baby comes within 10 to 14 days. Well it was coming up on 14 still leaking n she was born may 23rd at 29.5 weeks. Still remember that night. It was my mom’s bday n I just knew she was coming.

I bleed off and on throughout my first full term pregnancy. It is very scary

Did the same thing with my third child. She was born right on time and healthy.

Happened to my boss it was scary for a long time but she had a happy healthy baby

I had this issue. Doctor put me on Progesterone and it stopped.

They gave a friend a pill to finish abourting the baby come to find out out she was just stressed out and the pill killed the baby

I did that at 8 weeks…I thought I had miscarried and I did but I was pregnant with twins and lost one.

I has a sub chorionic hemorrhage at 10 weeks. I bled for 2 weeks but the baby was fine. He’s now 2. Go to the hospital if you are worried!

Sometimes you can have implantation bleeding . Happened to me at 2 mo. with my son’

I had a period for 4 months with my first pregnancy. I had a healthy 6lb 6oz baby boy.

Yeah my friend bed the first four months spent most of pregnancy on bereft has a beautiful baby girl

My sister did that and had large fibroids. My niece is a healthy 4 year old. Best wishes.

I bleed like a regular period for 7 months when the doctors finally found that i was pregnant :upside_down_face:

This happened with my second pregnancy. It lasted 6 months. Had a 4lb baby girl super healthy.

I had the same thing and they found out when i was 21wks that i was pregnant of twins… also when your uterus is laying low you can have bleedings in the first 3months…

I bled through all 4 of my pregnancies…40 weeks with all. And, 4 healthy babies

You can have normal periods while pregnant. It’s not unheard of

I had this happen and I was carrying twins (didn’t know) and I miscarried one of the twins

My sister bleed through her whole first trimester and into the 2nd. Healthy baby girl who’s 42 now. We just never know

I had a tear in my uterus and I bleed hopefully everything turns out ok for u.

i bled for my first 6months with my 6th child and everthing was fine hes now 13yrs old

Some women have full on periods their whole pregnancy

I had back to back UTIs with my last one and would bleed from those.

I was that way with my son the first 4 months . I carried him to 36 weeks.

I bled and after 4 months they realized I was having twins … stay positive… lay down with feet uo

Placenta is attaching most likely…try not to worry :heart:

I bleed to at almost that many weeks and it was like a lite pinkish and i was told its implantation bleed

Maybe u where pregnant with twins and lost one

1 Like

Sounds to me like you should find a different doctor.

My cousin was 6 months pregnant when she found out she was expecting. She had her period forbtheb1st 7 months.

My aunt had 8 children and never missed a period. Keep heart.

Yes ask them to check your thyroid levels yes you’ll need then to take medicine for life but that’s what I’d recommend for you to do.

I never skipped even one period with my son.

Could be a tear in the placenta I had this

I bled at first. It stopped after a few days

I had a subchorionic hematoma…i bled since 6 weeks up until delivery…

Since your levels are doubling. I think its a keeper.

I had my period the whole 9 months keep faith

I lost a supposed twin that way, but at 4 weeks

No sex no heavy lifting over a gallon of milk get an ultrasound could be a subchorionic hemorrhage.

My aunt had a regular period for the first 6 months.

I had my period for 5 month while pregnant with my daughter

Some light spotting is fine I was told (when early)

Me I bleed for the first 2 weeks than I gave birth early but she’s 27 now

Did they say if they saw a fetus. You may have what they call a blighted ovum

Some people do have a normal period for one or two months after getting pregnant

Why are you asking social media, call your doctor. All the time you wasted writing what was wrong the doctor would have had your answer. Fed up of stupid people

I had a period for 5 mos with my one pregnancy. He’s now 23

I had a normal period with my daughter for the first three months.

Did they check for a sub chorionic bleed? I had them with both of my pregnancies and bled a lot up until I was 20 weeks.

2 Likes

I had my period the first 3 months of my pregnancy so could be that 🤷

It’s hard when things are not the usual.

Have they seen anything in the sac? Because at 6. 5 wks a yolk sac and fetal pole should be visible even if no heartbeat yet

I bled from 5 weeks to 7 months and had placenta previa

If your HCG is doubling I wouldn’t worry…

Pinched placenta in my case . All ended with a normal pregnancy with a 6lb 15oz baby girl who is now 45 years old .

I bled until 12 weeks.

I spotted in my 2nd month and i was told to stay in bed a few days

just try snd rest and relax it could be a sign of stress to just becareful it will be whst it will be i guesd

My mother in law bleed the entire time with one of her sons
Ok?