I am 7 weeks pregnant and started spotting: Advice?

I’m currently pregnant with my second child, seven weeks along. I started spotting this morning. It was brown and not a lot. I called my doctor’s office, and they said as long as it’s not bright red, and I’m not cramping, then I’m fine. It is now turning redder. Still not a lot, not transferring to my panties, only when I wipe. Should I be concerned? Should I go to the hospital? I’m a nervous wreck because I struggle to get pregnant, and I’ve also never experienced this before.

1 Like

i would go to the hospital have them run some tests and do an ultrasound to be safe.

1 Like

Rest, put your feet up

1 Like

I had full period like implantation bleeding with my 2 pregnancies. Babes were all fine.

1 Like

I had light bleeding through my first trimester. I would call the dr again just to be safe.

1 Like

If you’re worried, go to the hospital. I’m sure you’d rather go to the hospital to be told all is normal than leave it thinking there’s nothing wrong and then something happens.

You know your body better than anyone else. :heart:

2 Likes

Always go get checked out. Better to be safe.
Also, I feel like if it’s concerning you enough to ask here, then you know the answer you just needed validation of those feelings.

1 Like

I had light brown then to light red/pink with my daughter during implantation. But I had a blighted ovum with my second pregnancy and that was bright red blood around 7-8weeks. It’s better to just go to the hospital and have it checked hun! Theyll give you an ultrasound and if nothing is wrong it will give you peace of mind.

Im now pregnant for the third time, with my second viable baby. At 17 weeks, I still go to my doctor and the hospital for anything out of the normal because it makes me stress

I bled on and off from week 4 to 7 with my 2nd as well. I called my ob and they sent me to get my hcg level checked. Im currently 17 weeks and everything is going well. If you ever feel like something is wrong, please go checked out. I always say better safe than sorry
Good luck!!:heart:

I had this at 7 weeks, I was told the sac wasn’t attached properly and said it was 50/50 on whether the pregnancy would continue… I bled till 12 weeks and now have a healthy happy beautiful nearly 5 year old. If you are concerned then get checked hun xx

I had brown spotting when wiped and it wasn’t a viable pregnancy at 9 weeks

I’d go… better to be safe than sorry. If you’re concerned… go even if it’s for your peace of mind.

Go get checked out.Better to be safe.

Have your progesterone checked. Also you can go get checked but honestly if you are going to miscarry they can not do anything about it. It may be nothing. I had one of my pregnancies that I had an " irritated cervix " and carried her full term

Everyone’s different. I’d go get checked better to be safe and out your mind at ease or you will constantly think about it and not stress yourself out which isn’t good either. Hope all is OK :heart:

I had this happen and did go to the hospital and was told there is nothing they can do for me, if I was going to miscarry they couldn’t do anything this early. I bled until I was 13 weeks pregnant but now have a healthy 16mo old daughter. If it was me having dealt with this once I personally wouldn’t go but you have to do what you feel is best for you. I wish you luck!!

When this happened with me I miscarried within 12 hours. Praying for you though :heart:

1 Like

It’s definitely possible it could be nothing. Having the progesterone checked might be a good idea. If you are worried you can go bad have it checked out. There may not be anything they can do but at least you will know.

I had something called a subchroinic hematoma. They said this caused my spotting and would until the second trimester.

1 Like

Call labor and delivery to get checked. I had heavy red bleeding at 12 weeks but it was a subchorionic hemorrhage that passed on its own and there was no cramping at all that I can recall.

I had this with my first. Everything was fine. BUT, my body is not your body, go get seen if you feel you should. :purple_heart:

1 Like

I had some bleeding like that during my first pregnancy early on several different occasions. One time it was even a bit heavier, brighter and continued for several hours. They brought me in for an ultra sound that time. I ended up having some pockets of blood around the sac. Just try to stay calm, monitor, and call your dr if it gets worse. It’s scary, but your dr is right.

Just talk to your Doctor!

I would go to your obgyn. Not hospital. I went to hospital with my second pregnancy and honestly should have just gone to obgyn when they could see me. What you are describing is exactly what happened to me two weeks ago when i lost my third baby. Started brown and then gradually got redder and heavier. Try to get in with your obgyn. But theres nothing the hospital can do for you. Watch the bleeding. If it gets heavier to the point u are soaking through a pad every hour for more than two hours then go to hospital immediately.

Go to the hospital just be sure u and the baby is fine

No i spotted for a couple weeks when i was 7-8 weeks. Same thing not a lot but i had 2 ultrasounds because of it and they showed me it was where the baby was attaching to the lining of my uterus causing the bleeding. You should be fine it will go away. If its gets obviously worse call your obgyn

That happened to me it was like I had a period at 2 months. I had two emergency ultrasounds throughout the week but then everything was fine

I passed clots around 7 weeks with both my pregnancies, it ended up being all good, I have a healthy 10 year old and 2.5 year old now :heart: just get checked out and try not to worry

1 Like

It sounds like implant bleeding to me. I had the same thing at about that time when I got pregnant…

Sounds like implantation bleeding. Nothing to worry about, but I would call your dr and let them know. They may want to see you anyways.

I bled clots with my 1st. 9 weeks. Went to hospital. They did an ultrasound and she was a happy wriggly bean. I then had a big bleed at 38 weeks. She was born 6 hours after. Healthy. Shes now 10yo. So dont panic. Not all bleeding is a misscarriage.

See your GP and ask for blood test to check HCG level and an ultrasound. I had a subchronic hematoma which cause some bleeding for a few weeks. Unfortunately nothing can be done but I had the same and now have a healthy 19 month old. Wishing you all the best :purple_heart:

1 Like

I would contact ur hospital even if it’s just to put ur mind at rest ! Red blood = fresh/ orange or pink blood = old blood ! Phone the hospital hun ! Good luck :sparkling_heart:

I’d say speak to your GP. With everything going on you don’t need the additional worry. Hope they put you at ease :heart:

1 Like

Go to the hospital, brown blood not too much to worry its usually old blood that wasn’t expelled, but getting redder I’d go and get checked out

1 Like

With my daughter who is now 5 I had the same thing. I went to the hospital and was told there was a pocket of fluid behind her placenta and it was starting to detach. I was also a nervous wreck but took it easy and was able to carry her to full term. I am now pregnant and the same thing happened with this pregnancy. I worried like crazy but after a week it stopped and I am now 32 and a half weeks along. Do what you feel is best in your gut.

I bled with my eldest for the first few months… Sadly after having 12 miscarriages in the past 11 years our body will do what it’s going to do. You can go to emergency and have them check your blood levels and possibly do an ultrasound. Also stressing will not help in this matter I know easier said than done. I wish you all the luck in whatever you decide an really sending love and light for a happy ending

Speak to your midwife… their there 24 7 they will not judge you, ring them. They will check x

I had bleeding at 6 weeks, 7 weeks, and 9 weeks
Turned out I had a subchronic haemorrhage and needed constant ultrasounds and bed rest
Baby is 8 months old now and fine but definitely get checked out

I had spotting first when I would wipe and progressively got worse and unfortunately I had a miscarriage at about 5 weeks :disappointed: earlier this year, hopefully yours is just implantation bleeding. Just to be safe I’d go get checked. I completely understand your concern. I hope everything is ok!

I had a full on periods for the first 3 months (didn’t know at the time) but if i did know… I would panick like yourself… Get it checked just incase it can be a number of reasons most of them not being serious x

Literally the exact same thing happened with me in the beginning (now I’m 25 weeks with a healthy baby boy) my Dr said it was normal & not to worry. I did go to the dr as soon as I started bleeding to ease my mind.

Sounds like implantation but it wouldn’t hurt to get checked for a UTI and then they might check you out via ultrasound to make sure things are OK as well

1 Like

I spotted from throwing up so hard. Baby ended up totally fine but if you’re throwing up with any intensity like I was it could just be that

Go get checked. I just miscarried my 2nd three weeks ago, at 5+3. My doctor wasn’t concerned when the spotting was minor, but I experienced what you’re describing now - and by the next day, cramping & bleeding had intensified. Good luck, mama! :heartbeat:

I’d go in just to be on the safe side of things & help ease your mind!

I would go just to be safe bc I had bleeding like that and it was from a uti they said everything down there was more sensitive from.being pregnant and wiping plus uti caused bleeding. But I wouldn’t take any chances if it were me.

I spotted for the first 20 weeks . my ob told me that as long as it wasn’t enough to cover a pad fully in less than an hour i was okay. But I would still go get checked . anything under 12 weeks is iffy.

I spotted my whole first trimester and it went away the second and came back a little during the third. Try not to worry and just watch for bright red and cramps.

Congrats :tada:

I had that with my first around 8 weeks, nothing was wrong & she was born full term perfectly healthy

Unfortunately the hospital can’t do anything, only confirm or deny what’s going on. Just try your best to relax (I know difficult), sit down, put your legs up, and drink tons of fluids.
Spotting can be completely normal as baby grows and imbeds more.
They say tons of bleeding and pain are miscarriages.

Try not to fear the worst.

I bled my entire second pregnancy for no explained reason if you’re nervous go get it checked but try and calm yourself if you can bleeding can be nothing

It could be implant bleeding

1 Like

Always ask your doctor if you’re concerned, or go in if you feel nervous! It’s better to be safe and feel heard! Spotting and even some heavier bleeding can be really common. I was not prepared for that! I spotted most of my first trimester (so much I actually thought I was having periods… and didn’t find out I was pregnant until 10 weeks!). I also had really heavy gushing around 15 weeks which was so scary… but everything was ok. I ended up having a subchorionic hematoma (bleed on the placenta), and needed to go on pelvic rest until it healed. I say, if you’re nervous… have it looked at!

Why are you asking fb over listening to your DOCTOR?

I hope u an baby are OK, hopefully it’s jst ur period, I had my period for 5 months of my pregnancy…

I spotted for nearly a month during my first few weeks, then again shortly after I found out I was about 10/11 weeks pregnant, they saw me right away just to check everything was ok. Now I’m just over 20 weeks and baby is doing perfectly fine. Always get checked if you are worried though

Better go to hospital to check it out. With my first pregnancy I had blood at 8 weeks and it was just a blood cloth and my son was fine. Second pregnancy I had blood and miscarried at 6 weeks. You cant be sure unless a professional sees you. Good luck

Everyone is different but I spotted too at 8 weeks and 10. I was heartbroken but my boyfriend really calmed me and told me everything was fine and not to stress out more and cause anything to happen. I’m now at a healthy 19 week mark and so far so good. We got this mama. Relax and put your feet up!

i would go to the hospital have them run some tests and do an ultrasound to be safe.

4 Likes

Rest, put your feet up

I had full period like implantation bleeding with my 2 pregnancies. Babes were all fine.

Always go get checked out. Better to be safe.
Also, I feel like if it’s concerning you enough to ask here, then you know the answer you just needed validation of those feelings.

1 Like

I bled on and off from week 4 to 7 with my 2nd as well. I called my ob and they sent me to get my hcg level checked. Im currently 17 weeks and everything is going well. If you ever feel like something is wrong, please go checked out. I always say better safe than sorry
Good luck!!:heart:

I had this at 7 weeks, I was told the sac wasn’t attached properly and said it was 50/50 on whether the pregnancy would continue… I bled till 12 weeks and now have a healthy happy beautiful nearly 5 year old. If you are concerned then get checked hun xx

I’d go… better to be safe than sorry. If you’re concerned… go even if it’s for your peace of mind.

Go get checked out.Better to be safe.

I had this happen and did go to the hospital and was told there is nothing they can do for me, if I was going to miscarry they couldn’t do anything this early. I bled until I was 13 weeks pregnant but now have a healthy 16mo old daughter. If it was me having dealt with this once I personally wouldn’t go but you have to do what you feel is best for you. I wish you luck!!

When this happened with me I miscarried within 12 hours. Praying for you though :heart:

1 Like

I had something called a subchroinic hematoma. They said this caused my spotting and would until the second trimester.

1 Like

I had this with my first. Everything was fine. BUT, my body is not your body, go get seen if you feel you should. :purple_heart:

1 Like

I had some bleeding like that during my first pregnancy early on several different occasions. One time it was even a bit heavier, brighter and continued for several hours. They brought me in for an ultra sound that time. I ended up having some pockets of blood around the sac. Just try to stay calm, monitor, and call your dr if it gets worse. It’s scary, but your dr is right.

I would go to your obgyn. Not hospital. I went to hospital with my second pregnancy and honestly should have just gone to obgyn when they could see me. What you are describing is exactly what happened to me two weeks ago when i lost my third baby. Started brown and then gradually got redder and heavier. Try to get in with your obgyn. But theres nothing the hospital can do for you. Watch the bleeding. If it gets heavier to the point u are soaking through a pad every hour for more than two hours then go to hospital immediately.

No i spotted for a couple weeks when i was 7-8 weeks. Same thing not a lot but i had 2 ultrasounds because of it and they showed me it was where the baby was attaching to the lining of my uterus causing the bleeding. You should be fine it will go away. If its gets obviously worse call your obgyn

I passed clots around 7 weeks with both my pregnancies, it ended up being all good, I have a healthy 10 year old and 2.5 year old now :heart: just get checked out and try not to worry

1 Like

It sounds like implant bleeding to me. I had the same thing at about that time when I got pregnant…

Sounds like implantation bleeding. Nothing to worry about, but I would call your dr and let them know. They may want to see you anyways.

I bled clots with my 1st. 9 weeks. Went to hospital. They did an ultrasound and she was a happy wriggly bean. I then had a big bleed at 38 weeks. She was born 6 hours after. Healthy. Shes now 10yo. So dont panic. Not all bleeding is a misscarriage.

I would contact ur hospital even if it’s just to put ur mind at rest ! Red blood = fresh/ orange or pink blood = old blood ! Phone the hospital hun ! Good luck :sparkling_heart:

I’d say speak to your GP. With everything going on you don’t need the additional worry. Hope they put you at ease :heart:

1 Like

Go to the hospital, brown blood not too much to worry its usually old blood that wasn’t expelled, but getting redder I’d go and get checked out

1 Like

Speak to your midwife… their there 24 7 they will not judge you, ring them. They will check x

I had bleeding at 6 weeks, 7 weeks, and 9 weeks
Turned out I had a subchronic haemorrhage and needed constant ultrasounds and bed rest
Baby is 8 months old now and fine but definitely get checked out

I had spotting first when I would wipe and progressively got worse and unfortunately I had a miscarriage at about 5 weeks :disappointed: earlier this year, hopefully yours is just implantation bleeding. Just to be safe I’d go get checked. I completely understand your concern. I hope everything is ok!

I had a full on periods for the first 3 months (didn’t know at the time) but if i did know… I would panick like yourself… Get it checked just incase it can be a number of reasons most of them not being serious x

Sounds like implantation but it wouldn’t hurt to get checked for a UTI and then they might check you out via ultrasound to make sure things are OK as well

1 Like

Go get checked. I just miscarried my 2nd three weeks ago, at 5+3. My doctor wasn’t concerned when the spotting was minor, but I experienced what you’re describing now - and by the next day, cramping & bleeding had intensified. Good luck, mama! :heartbeat:

I would go just to be safe bc I had bleeding like that and it was from a uti they said everything down there was more sensitive from.being pregnant and wiping plus uti caused bleeding. But I wouldn’t take any chances if it were me.

I spotted my whole first trimester and it went away the second and came back a little during the third. Try not to worry and just watch for bright red and cramps.

Congrats :tada:

Unfortunately the hospital can’t do anything, only confirm or deny what’s going on. Just try your best to relax (I know difficult), sit down, put your legs up, and drink tons of fluids.
Spotting can be completely normal as baby grows and imbeds more.
They say tons of bleeding and pain are miscarriages.

Try not to fear the worst.

I bled my entire second pregnancy for no explained reason if you’re nervous go get it checked but try and calm yourself if you can bleeding can be nothing

Always ask your doctor if you’re concerned, or go in if you feel nervous! It’s better to be safe and feel heard! Spotting and even some heavier bleeding can be really common. I was not prepared for that! I spotted most of my first trimester (so much I actually thought I was having periods… and didn’t find out I was pregnant until 10 weeks!). I also had really heavy gushing around 15 weeks which was so scary… but everything was ok. I ended up having a subchorionic hematoma (bleed on the placenta), and needed to go on pelvic rest until it healed. I say, if you’re nervous… have it looked at!

Why are you asking fb over listening to your DOCTOR?

I spotted for nearly a month during my first few weeks, then again shortly after I found out I was about 10/11 weeks pregnant, they saw me right away just to check everything was ok. Now I’m just over 20 weeks and baby is doing perfectly fine. Always get checked if you are worried though

Better go to hospital to check it out. With my first pregnancy I had blood at 8 weeks and it was just a blood cloth and my son was fine. Second pregnancy I had blood and miscarried at 6 weeks. You cant be sure unless a professional sees you. Good luck

Everyone is different but I spotted too at 8 weeks and 10. I was heartbroken but my boyfriend really calmed me and told me everything was fine and not to stress out more and cause anything to happen. I’m now at a healthy 19 week mark and so far so good. We got this mama. Relax and put your feet up!

I had this with both of my pregnanys and it was just spotting

I bled for the first few weeks with my most recent pregnancy. Went for a reassurance early scan at 5 weeks and they saw a sac but couldn’t tell me anymore at that stage. The bleeding had been stringy and bright red mixed in with discharge and a fair bit when I wiped. I was told at the scan I had a big cyst on my right ovary which is the one that released the egg… This cyst burst the day or two after my scan and I was floored by the pain! 7 week scan showed a heartbeat and I was still bleeding a bit… It all just kinda stopped then and he’s now almost 8 months old :heart::grin: I bled again at the end for about 3 or 4 weeks, went 5 days overdue and had him induced when the bleeding turned period type heavy. Was never given a reason for it or where the blood was coming from but he was perfectly healthy and never had any complications/issues at any scan. Just try to take it easy and rest up if you’re worried about the bleeding, maybe push for extra scans as reassurance if you can :blush:

Could be implantation spotting. If you are not having cramps, no bright red blood, and very little you are probably fine. But check with your Dr to be safe

1 Like

I bled until I was 12 weeks and it scared me…but now he is 2 years old, so don’t worry too much!!

1 Like