I am nervous to tell my doctor I am pregnant again: Advice?

Souuunds like you need a new doctor. Unless there’s a life and death medical reason as to why she’s acting like that, it’s none of her concern :woman_shrugging:t2: MANY MANY women get pregnant before the 18 month mark. I got pregnant with our third when our second was 15 months old.

My 2 youngest are 9 months apart Feb 98 and Nov 98 . My doctor was great. If you don’t feel confident with telling her then maybe she is not the right doctor for you. What works for one mother does not always work for another mother.

2 Likes

Go see a different doctor. She should be more supportive.

1 Like

I work at a Drs surgery & women don’t need a drs apt to confirm pregnancy… (unless on medications) if u were to ring up and ask to be put in the midwife folder then u should get a call back from the midwife at around 10 weeks to discuss when u need ur 1st apt with her so u should bypass the Dr. & congratulations X

I became pregnant with my eldest child July 2011 and had him in March 2012, I was pregnant with my middle child December 2012 and gave birth September 2013, I was again pregnant with my youngest in June 2014 and gave birth February 2015. Each baby was 17 months apart, almost 18 months between my eldest and middle boy. I had 3 baby’s in under 3 years (my eldest was 35 months old when my youngest was born) and my last 2 children were c sections because my middle son was a feet down breech baby who couldn’t be turned for a natural birth. I’m in the uk and everything was absolutely fine!!! :blue_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart:

Each family is different and if your want to add another member to your family, that is you and your spouse business. If you don’t feel comfortable speaking to your doctor I would suggest getting a new one. I’m sorry you are feeling this stress and tension.

My Dr didn’t mind when I discovered I was pregnant when son #1 turned 15mo old; they’re 23.5 mo apart…do not harm but take no shit :metal::100:

Irish twins here 12 months 3 days apart. Both due on same day but due to csection that’s where the 3 days came in it would have been born exact day a yr apart

If she judges you, fire her. Move on.

4 Likes

If you had a c-section. The 18 months is pretty important. If you had any serious medical health issues, the 18 months is pretty important. You need to call her & tell her.
Or you can find a new doctor. Explain the situation. In addition to not waiting. Who doesn’t know you. So its really up to you.
But its not the end of the world. My kids are 20 months, only waited a year (surprise pregnancy). It was a hard pregnancy but it was worth it. You need to look at it from a medical point.

1 Like

Girlfriend, YOUR doctor WORKS for YOU. Tell her you’ll have babies when you want and she can continue caring for you and them while keeping her opinions to herself or you can fire her and find a new doctor. Women have babies close in age every day!

2 Likes

You need a new doctor. No doctor should make you uncomfortable.

4 Likes

If you feel that uncomfortable, get a new Dr.
Remember you pay the Dr, she don’t pay you.

4 Likes

My bestfriend’s mother was pregnant at her 6-week checkup!!! Another friend of mine’s sister was born in January and she was born in October OF THE SAME YEAR! Why is it your doctor’s business WHEN you get pregnant? She’s just your doctor and she doesn’t own your uterus!! She’s a doctor, why does she “tense up” when talking about birth control? Something is VERY wrong here. If you’re healthy enough to be pregnant again, planned or otherwise, then why is your doctor going to be upset? You need to SERIOUSLY consider finding a new doctor…
#caps4emphasis
#notyelling

3 Likes

You need a new doctor because your doctor shouldn’t judge you

2 Likes

Girl I got four kids three under 2.5 I have Irish triplets when I went for my six week check up in June my doctor was so funny wow Samantha I won’t see you again for a year I’m not used to this. It was all perfectly fine

My sister and I are the same age for 3 days. My mom had no problems at all.

1 Like

You need a new dr. this is asinine. Your body, your family, your choice.

3 Likes

My son was 14 months when I found out I was pregnant again. I’m due in January and he will be two in March!

3 babies in a row, got pregnant when each baby was only 9 months old. You will be fine.

Don’t worry! A baby is a blessing. I know the feeling I got pregnant with my 3rd when my second baby was 9 months old. Family and doctors can be rude but honestly don’t let it bother you. Everything is fine and it’s your body and your baby. Honestly now they are best friends because there so close in age they have been able to grow up together. Tell your docter with confidence that’s your baby. You got this. Congrats!

My first two are 14 months apart and my second and third are only 10 months apart.all csections. You shouldn’t be scared of your doctor. It’s your life and your body. If your that nervous I would find another doctor.

1 Like

Remember she works for YOU. YOU call the shots, YOU control the visit. Put her in her place if you feel the need to stay with her for this pregnancy. Otherwise, I would just find a new Doctor.

5 Likes

Me and my sister are less than a yr apart we are the same age for 3 days

Did you have a c-section? Do you have health issues? There’s got to be a reason why your doctor was insisting you not get pregnant right away.

1 Like

Okay for 1 my daughter was born in March I had a miscarriage when she was 2m old and then got pregnant with my rainbow in Jan of 2018 had her in sept of 2018. My daughters are 16 months apart.

My Sophie was 3 months old when I got pregnant with my Zek. The biggest problem I had was breast feeding because it caused to much cramping for my Zek.

I was pregnant 6weeks after my eldest son was born then 7 years later fell pregnant with my third and literally a month after he was born i was pregnant again with my 4th :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Your doctor is telling you this because it’s just dangerous for your body. Pregnant within 3 months of giving birth, your body hasn’t had a chance to heal properly. She’s not being rude or condescending. She’s giving correct medical advice.

1 Like

You should never be made to feel “too afraid” to see any medical professional. I would find a new Doctor if I were you.

It just a concern of theirs when you don’t wait a year and a half to conceive again. If your dr still makes you feel uncomfortable after the fact then switch doctors. It is what it is. It’s no ones place to lecture you. You’re an adult not a child.

1 Like

I was pregnant with my second when my son was 11 months old… My boys are 20 months to the day apart…

You need a new doctor! You should never feel this much anxiety trying to explain life circumstances REGARDLESS of the health risk!

1 Like

My boys will be 14 months apart. I found out I was pregnant again a week before my son turned 6 months. We moved when my first was 3 months so I have a new doctor but she never judged when I told her how old my son was when I went in for my appointment for this pregnancy. Our families also were happy for us. Or at least thats what they said lol. No one has ever said anything rude or out of the way, which is kinda surprising lol. But, I would be finding a new doctor. It’s your life, no one has the right to judge you or make you feel uncomfortable.

1 Like

My to older girls are a year and 15 days apart…no problems with either

If your doctor is making you feel bad you need a new doctor.

3 Likes

No doctor should make you feel this uncomfortable…

5 Likes

I’d say get a new doctor. No medical personnel should ever make you feel uncomfortable. I have 5 boys (13,12, 10.5, 8.5 and 6.5)almost all of them are less then 18 months apart. They were all preemies but that was my body not because they were so close in age. Birth control never worked for me. Congratulations mama

1 Like

Ultimately, its not up to your doctor. 🤷 and if shes making you uncomfortable, may be time to find another one. :heart:

2 Likes

My daughter’s are just under 13 months apart. I ended up moving back to my home town around the time I found out I was pregnant with second. So I had a whole new doc for second pregnancy and didn’t have to experience going back to the first. Thank the Lord cuz my first doctor never listened when I voiced concerns about it feeling like I was having early labor symptoms. I asked to be checked at my 32 week check but he didn’t want to and said symptoms were normal. My daughter was born 2 days later.

The only thing my new doctor was concerned about was me going into preterm labor again. But he always made sure to make me feel heard and included in the plan. He started me on Makena shots just to be safe and I made it to 37 weeks and she’s perfectly healthy.

My son was 3mnths old when I fell pregnant with my second :blush:

My boys are 19 months apart. No issues.

Get a new damn doctor! Period. That’s ridiculous. I would have dropped mine and found a new one if she made me uncomfortable at all.

My boys are 11 months apart and it’s amazing! They are 8 and 9 right now and soooo close. My advice as a nurse is if you’re uncomfortable talking to your Dr about anything then it’s time for a new one.

4 Likes

It’s not your doctors place to judge. If she is … well then it’s time to get a new one. If you decide to keep her, you need to let her know as prenatal care is of upmost important and you need to be taking extra good care of yourself as your body hasn’t had time to fully recover.

2 Likes

If your the one taking care of your babies, don’t be ashame. Things happen. The dr. may be worried about your health.

My mom went in for her post birth checkup after having my sister and found out she was pregnant with me. We spend 18 days the same age. Congratulations on your pregnancy and don’t let you doctor feel guilty. She has a job to do and should be nothing but professional.

1 Like

I’ve had 2 perfectly fine pregnancies less than a year, 1 was 3 months after 1 was 10 months

Find another Doctor you should never be nervous with them :tipping_hand_woman:t2:

3 Likes

I have a doc the same way. but with me i amn high risk with all my babies. I’ve lost one between my 3rd and 4th. it was hard. 2 falls and baby was gone.
now on to my 5th and my baby isnt one yet… but soon.
it’s always a risk to your health that’s why they try to reccomend birth control so it can hopen just not as soon. on your terms.
be safe

1 Like

My girls are 16 months apart

Its your preference when you get prego again. Its just easier on your body the longer you let it recouperate. Good luck, find a new doc and enjoy the new baby if that’s what you wanted.

You need a new Dr lol I’d be damn if a Dr would shame me for getting pregnancy before SHE thought I was ready.

I got pregnant with my second baby when my first was six or seven months old. And then got pregnant with the third when the second was two and the oldest was three. My doctor never said anything about it. I would find a new one.

Also no issues with any pregnancies.

Same thing with timing happened to me. You’ll be ok. She may be concerned cause of how long it takes the body to heal. But I know many people that got pregnant very soon after the birth of a child. Its not her place to tell you when you should have kids.

My oldest two were 10 months apart. My doggone ex refused to wait six weeks and refused to believe that you could get pregnant that close to having delivered :woman_facepalming:

I had all 3 of my children in less than 36 months.

You should never be afraid or embarrassed to go to your doctor, which means you need a new one.

My last 3 pregnancies were all less than 18 months apart. They definitely got harder and harder but that may have been my chronic pain issues too. There were no problems with the babies, it was just my body.

2 Likes

Take care of yourself! You are still recovering from the last pregnancy!

I got pregnant six weeks after the birth of my daughter. I’m 20 weeks and everything seems fine. My midwife had nothing negative to say about it being so soon.

Why did your doctor not put you on Birth Control? She could have so she shouldn’t be upset or did you not want that? 3 months and 9 months is 12 months so is your body/health at risk? Don’t go in right away see how it goes for a bit. Then after you know for sure go in. Home tests sometimes aren’t correct. I was almost 5 months before I found out.

First of all, find a new doctor. You shouldn’t feel ‘judged’ by your doctor.

8 Likes

The doctor shouldn’t make you feel uncomfortable. But 3 months is quickly to be pregnant again. Your body isn’t even completely healed from the last baby. Sometimes it’s medical advice for health and safety more then anything. Time to call your doctor.

My son was 6 months when we started trying for our second, conceived our daughter when he was 7 months. First things first, consider finding a new doctor. Not because of what they are advising but because you should NEVER feel embarrassed or that you can’t talk to your doctor about something. Second, if there are other medical issues that are reason for concern regarding you getting pregnant again, that’s a different story. Without knowing medical history, pregnancies so close together are not the safest scenario but it’s also not necessarily fatal by any means. To sum it up; start with a new doctor that you are more comfortable with and go from there.

1 Like

Change doctors to someone more positive

1 Like

Ha I never heard of having to wait 18 months! Unless there is some specific issue with you and pregnancy I just don’t get it.

5 Likes

Honestly I’d find a new doctor
You should feel 100% comfortable talking about anything to your doctor

4 Likes

Okay you’re pregnant it’s not her life. Let’s just get the show on the road. No it’s not best because a womans body needs a year to heal, but it happened and so it goes

I mean u can always change drs. I had my kids very close in age 13 months apart I dont remember much it was 10 years ago. I do remember thier toddler years were a nightmare lol.good luck momma

When my son was 2 months old I found out I was pregnant with my youngest. He was born at 30 weeks and I lost quite a bit of blood but they were able to stop the bleeding. My boys are 9 months apart.

Find a new doctor and it’s your life

My two youngest kids are 9 months and 4 days apart, (my daughter was 2 months early) both born in 2016, and never once did my OB make me feel bad for back to back pregnancies. She actually laughed and thought seeing my name was a mistake… your doctor shouldn’t make you feel worried, asked from health risks.

Why are u worried about what anyone else thinks, regardless if he or she is a doctor or not? Doctors are all about money. Do u think he or she’d really be mad if u came back? Heck no…more money for them! If u feel this kind of pressure, there are millions of other doctors who deliver babies. Find one!

1 Like

Get a new doctor. Never should a doctor make you feel that way. They might be like holy cow that was quick but then they need to treat you right and be happy especially if you’re happy

I had my second one when my first one was 18 months old, they were very close to each other growing up

I work in an OB/GYN office. I have 6 doctors I work for. If your doctor is judging you instead of doing her job as a doctor maybe ask around and go to another doctor.

Women’s health is meant to rally around all women without being shamed of choices.
All of our personal opinions are put aside, you and your baby become the focus.

5 Likes

You need a provider you feel comfortable with. If your afraid to see your Dr your putting your life at risk.

Honestly if your Dr makes you that uncomfortable about YOUR decision then you should change. :heart:

Get a better doctor. You should be able to be comfortable talking to them about anything.

She needs to worry about her own vagina :roll_eyes: girl just tell her & if she gives u shit teller she’s supposed to be a damn professional. What u decide to do shouldn’t bother her on any level. Unless u were putting ur life at risk.

Waiting 18 months for your body to rest and recuperate is a recommendation from studies done. Getting pregnant so quickly is not the end of the world. It is hard on your body, but possible. I got pregnant when my daughter was 11 months, but felt I had recuperated pretty well. Best wishes!

1 Like

I am pregnant now and my daughter was 10 months old when we conceived, my Dr. wasn’t concerned at all!

I would switch to a different Dr. if I were you!

Best of luck and congrats! :heart:

1 Like

There has to be a medical reason that your dr wants you to wait & she’s passionate about her pt’s so you may want to consider what she’s saying & why she’s saying it.

1 Like

Got pregnant WAY before my daughter was 18 months old. My doctor never said a bad thing about it! You need a new doctor! Both babies were perfect, healthy and delivered on time!

1 Like

I have 9 kids. And with most of them I was pregnant again within a year, all of my babies were term and quite large, lol. Smallest was 8lbs 5oz largest were 11lbs 1oz and 11lbs 2oz. I didn’t have any complications. No anemia, no prolapsed uterus. Congratulations if you are. I like having mu babies close in age. I am sure all will be just fine

2 Likes

Is it possible to find a new doctor? She can get her point across without making you feel anxious or nervous. I mean I understand why you’re feeling this way but you’re not the only one to get pregnant so quickly. It happens. It didnt happen to me personally but I did have a close call so I get it. Good luck

It’s really none of her buiness how long you wait! My sons we’re only 19 months apart and my youngest girls are 13 months apart. They are all fine and I had 5 c sections

1 Like

See a different doctor

1 Like

My youngest 2 are not quite 13 months apart. I was so embarrassed I didnt even tell my family until I had her. :disappointed:

Did you have a csection, complications, high risk pregnancy, these all factor into why you were told to wait! I have high risk pregnancies that end in csections so i very strictly follow drs reccomendations

3 Likes

It is what it is. Your dr shouldn’t make you feel bad. Switch to a new dr.

Just tell her you guys decided to have your kids close in age. You shouldn’t be embarrassed to see your doctor.

3 Likes

Get a new dr. You’re in charge of when or if you get pregnant again not her

6 Likes

Mine are only 16 months apart and were healthy happy babies

1 Like

My kids are 8 days away from a year apart i had a c section and when i got pregnant with my son and my scar busted open

1 Like

I have a 9 month old and I’m 16 weeks pregnant right now. My doctor told me to wait 18 months, but when I went in for my first appointment she was so happy for me. So far everything is going great!

1 Like

I went back for my 6 week post partum and was pregnant. I loved my OB they stood by me and everything. Plus I had c sections. If your OB is making you feel that way you need to find another one.

4 Likes

You need a new doctor

3 Likes

Find a new doctor. It should be a happy time for you not a scared one.

3 Likes

It’s their job to let you know the risks of having pregnancies back to back BUT if she is rude about it and makes you uncomfortable that is NOT acceptable and I would immediately switch providers.

1 Like