I am nervous to tell my doctor I am pregnant again: Advice?

My 3rd child was 2 months old when I found out I pregnant and at 6 weeks i thought i was having a miscarriage went to the dr and found out I was having twins! Both babies were doing great the whole pregnancy, I suddenly developed preeclampsia on a sunday morning at 38 weeks and 4 days got to the hospital and the babies were delivered within the hour via c section baby a was smaller at 5lbs 11oz baby b was 8lbs 14oz little did we know baby a is the reason we thought we were having a miscarriage in January i had a hemorrhage and my body was trying to abort him thankfully he held on everything is fine with him hes just a little guy right now.

4 Likes

get a new doctor dont go to doc who makes you feel this way congratulations. Got pregnant with my son when my daughter was 6mo.

If you are on prescription meds that you were not on while pregnant she may need to know immediately.

I would find another doctor she had no right to make you feel uncomfortable about something so beautiful

3 Likes

I would also find a new doctor. She shouldn’t be uncomfortable talking about birth control. It’s her job. You shouldn’t be scared to see her. If you had a normal delivery, then there shouldn’t be an issue. More time is ideal, but it happens…

my hubby stays abroad its the only reason i survive :joy::joy::joy: otherwise i could be pregnant every year :joy::joy: i concieved while even taking precautions. my sis in law is pregnant again her first daughter is only 2,3 months old

My older 2 kids are that close in age, def get a diff doctor though

u need to change ur doctor honestly. my doctor said that nobody can stop the soul… which has to come.

Your doctor is a medical provider, not your spouse, right? Your emotional response is very odd.
Perhaps you need to see a counselor as misplaced importance anxiety could be a symptom of a mental health disorder.

2 Likes

Get a new doctor that’s less judgy

Get a new Dr my on never brought up when be a good time to get pregnant again and I had a c section

1 Like

You need to find a dr that isn’t going to shame you and make you nervous to go in.

5 Likes

You need a different doctor, she shouldn’t make you feel this way. My mom has 7 kids oldest was born in 1980 youngest was born in 1988.

2 Likes

I had two a year apart :slight_smile:
I think you need a less judgmental doctor!

2 Likes

I agree new doctor, congratulations :balloon:

1 Like

My oldest 2 boys are 15 months apart then my 3rd son and 4th son are 10 months apart no problems with any of my 4 pregnancys except at the end of the 4th my blood pressure went up. Then for our 5th and 6th child I had high blood pressure at the end of both pregnancys

I got pregnant with my daughter was 3 months old, but I miscarried and now she just turned 17 months old yesterday and I’m 6 months pregnant again lol

1 Like

Definitely find a new doctor!

2 Likes

I had two babies in 2016, one in January and one in December :joy: just get a new doctor or own it and tell her “oh well, it happened.” I will say having two babies back to back is hard on your body so you do need to see the doctor as soon as you can.

2 Likes

There must be a reason she was so very clearly against your getting pregnant, make the appointment and find out why.

4 Likes

To everyone saying get a new doctor there is a lot of the story missing here. It doesn’t necessarily sound like the doctor is being judgmental, it sounds like she was looking out for the heath or her patient. Whether that is because she had a traumatic birth and needed to give her body more time to heal or maybe because of mental health reasons. The whole story isn’t here. I understand there are instances where doctors are being judgmental and that’s a reason to leave but in this case I don’t think we have the full story here.

9 Likes

It’s your body and your life. If your Dr makes you feel that uncomfortable maybe it’s time for a change. Rather it was a choice to get pregnant or just happened. Your Dr’s only advice should be how to manage a healthy pregnancy. Congratulations and best wishes.

New doctor! I wouldn’t put up with judgment like that.

I was an infertility patient and I was told to start trying 6 months after the first pregnancy, I got pregnant about 9 weeks after giving birth. A lot of women have children 11- 15 months apart!

I’ve had 9 children and was pregnant before the 18 month mark with most of them. Most of my kids are 23-26 months apart.

3 of my kids were 3 kids in 3 years. Those were really hard years.

I don’t know why you’re so afraid, telling your doctor is going to be the easy part.

2 Likes

I would find a new Dr if she makes you that uncomfortable.

4 Likes

Get a new doctor if she makes you feel uncomfortable about telling her that you’re pregnant then

1 Like

Mine were that close together

I had 2 babies in the space of 8months I fell pregnant 5 days after 3rd baby May the 13th 2017 then gave birth on January 21st 2018 xx

Go to the doctor and just tell her - shit happens. But you and your baby is first priority.

I was pregnant before my son turned a year old, my old dr. Told me to try my best to wait 2 years but if it happens it happens.

Good doctor or not. You should never feel this way meeting with you DOCTOR. You shouldnt feel judged or ashamed to discuss anything with them. They took an oath to treat a patient regardless of their beliefs.

7 Likes

First off, congrats on the new little one. Second, get a new Dr. She has no right to do any of that to you.

4 Likes

I’m in the same boat :rowing_woman: my son is 5 months and I to took a home pregnancy test and am pregnant again… besides the fear of telling my doctor I’m afraid :worried: for myself because my body hasn’t fully healed so they say and I’m scared I’m going to die during delivery for some reason…

1 Like

I’ve gotten pregnant twice before the 18 month mark. Your doctor shouldn’t be telling you that you can’t. That’s your decision.

2 Likes

Shit happens in life… an shes not the one who’s getting up with these kids … an shes not going to be buying nothing for them…so why should u care what she thinks… u dont know how far apart her kids are… so I would go in an get checked an let her tell you an act like oh ok… !!

It’s your body and your life. You should never feel nervous to tell your doctor anything. Time for a new doctor.

2 Likes

My kids are 11 months apart. I was pregnant at my 6 week check up. I would find another doctor if she makes you that uncomfortable

9 Likes

I would change doctors that’s pretty unprofessional she gets upset with you.

7 Likes

Get a new doctor if she makes you feel uncomfortable! It’s not her job to make you feel judged.

4 Likes

Girl there are so many 10 and 11 months apart babies out there. None of my babies were planned. Best accidents I ever had. Go in there and get her to confirm it. And be happy!! It’s gonna be okay.:two_hearts:

2 Likes

Maybe she doesn’t need a new doctor. Maybe the doctor has her best interest in mind, and was trying to sell her on the point of being careful. My doctor was very serious about that after my son, as well. But I also didn’t take it like she was lecturing me. Maybe the OP is a people pleaser, and the doctor wasn’t really trying to take her head off? Or maybe the OP is super young? Maybe she’s not financially independent and doesn’t need to add more kids into the mix, and the doctor was trying to get through to her? And ultimately, if the doctor was trying to warn her, there was a good reason. She was told in no uncertain terms she shouldn’t be having un/underprotected sex yet and OP ignored her. Y’all too quick to blame the doctor.

4 Likes

Your doctor is worried about you completely healing both physically and emotionally before going through childbirth again. Call your doctors right away so she can take care of baby #2.

3 Likes

My sister and brother are 11 months apart. It happens. When I had my son my doctor told me to wait 6 months before getting pregnant again but if it happened earlier than so be it! 18 months is a bit of a stretch honestly! Def find a new doctor if you’re that uncomfortable talking to her

2 Likes

The most important question I have is what type of birth did you have c-section or vaginal? Vaginal it’s fine c-section it’s because your uterus scar hasn’t fully healed and can be dangerous with the placenta growing through the scar and attaching to organs on the outside or rupture of the uterus it puts you as high risk I work with high risk ob and see it way to often

3 Likes

My youngest 2 are 10 months 3 weeks apart. I went in for my tubal at 6 weeks pp and found out I was 3 weeks pregnant. No complications with my youngest at all even though I had severe complications in the previous 2 pregnancies. They are 11 and 12 now. Don’t be scared at all.

1 Like

I was pregnant 3 months after a c section. Had two c sections a year and a week apart.

1 Like

Your doctor is your employee and they do not have the power or the privilege to sit in judgment of you. Their job is to educate you about your options and protect your best interest. If you are in doubt of their ability to provide those tasks, find a new Dr, pronto. This is unnecessary stress.

3 Likes

My daughters are 12 months 2 days apart

Is there some kind of new law saying women can’t get pregnant again until their other child is at least 18 months old or something? It’s literally none of your doctor’s damn business if you’re pregnant again. He/she can’t dictate when someone is allowed to have a baby. Get a new doctor. :woman_shrugging:t3:

What can they do? ‘It’s up to u. Be happy

My 2 eldest girls are only 11 months apart and they have an amazing bond now they are 12 and 13 and I’ve got 5 children altogether don’t worry too much as long as you are happy X

1 Like

Find another dr if possible.

3 Likes

Go to a different doctor.

3 Likes

My boys are 16 months apart. It happens :woman_shrugging:t2: u shouldn’t have to worry about ur DR judging u. I’d find another DR

4 Likes

Change doctors🤷🏽‍♀️ you should NEVER feel that way, she sounds like a bully!

3 Likes

My first thought is did you have a healthy pregnancy? Did anything go wrong? If no. My second thought get a new doctor. You should never be scared or upset at a doctor that’s caring for you and your baby.

3 Likes

Find another doctor. Two of my kiddos are 13 months and 1 day apart.

I got pregnant when my son was 9 months i was nervous of what people would think but at the end of the day its my body and my children no one will be taking care of them but me and their daddy so no one’s opinion matters either way the baby’s coming :woman_shrugging:t3: no complications for me and my body really knows what its doing this time I expect a fast easy labor

3 Likes

I got pregnant while my first was 10 months with my second and with my third while my second was 12 months. What is causing her to tell you to wait. My doctor never gave me a time line and always greeted me with a huge smile and congratulations. If your doctor is making you nervous/upset/embarrassed you need a new doctor.

3 Likes

Get a new doc. LOTS of ppl get pregnant right after having a new baby

1 Like

I don’t remember even wanting to have sex that soon after having my babies! I was always told by my doctors to wait 6 weeks after childbirth (vaginal) before having sex again, which was no problem! I didn’t have the time or the energy anyway! Lol! That being said, I know that it does happen to people sometimes. Your doctor is most likely just looking out for your best health interests. In any case, you still need to confirm this new pregnancy. It could be a false positive. Your body still has pregnancy hormones coursing through it that soon after giving birth, and that’s what your home pregnancy test detects. Good luck, and congratulations on your new baby!

2 Likes

My oldest and middle are less than 18 months apart she really doesn’t get to be upset with you but she will tell you about how your body didn’t get a chance to fully heal from the previous pregnancy and that’s why they want you to wait for af least 18 months but if she seems to get angry with you then report her and change doctors

1 Like

My cousin has three kids under a year and a half… she got pregnant with twins and had them not long after her eldest turned one.
Just go to a different doctor. Having kids close apart is pretty normal

1 Like

She was likely just being stern because it takes 18 months for your body to fully heal from pregnancy and if you get pregnant before then you’re at a higher risk for preterm labor (that doesn’t mean you will though!)

I agree with the other moms, you should find a new doctor. You shouldn’t feel this way about telling her you’re pregnant. Congratulations!

3 Likes

I got pregnant when my son was 9 months, it was a balance struggle at first because my son was so used to having all of my attention, at it still can be a struggle sometimes but he’s learning that mommy doesn’t love him any less he’s just gotta wait for his partner in crime to grow up a little. They’re starting to play together, she’s 1 1/2 yrs old and he’s now 3. I like them close in age actually. He’s got a playmate and they’re bonding which is cool to watch

I was pregnant right away too. My boys are 15 months and 1 week apart

My 2 youngest are exactly 1 year and 1 day apart. Don’t be nervous just be upfront and honest with your doctor. I was glad my doctor was very nice about it. And said it happens all the time.

1 Like

My 2 oldest are 16 months apart. I wouldn’t have it any other way. I was really nervous and anxious about it when I got pregnant for the second time but like I said I wouldn’t have it any other way

My older two are 11 months apart.

It is your prerogative on what you choose to do with your body. Accident or not. She cant tell you that your not allowed to get pregnant. Just go in and get checked out. Your not the first women to go thru this and letting your dr bully you is not acceptable at all.

Get a new Dr. your dr should give you health facts, not make you feel guilty or scared. Shame on them.

2 Likes

Maybe find another doctor. She sounds like a real piece of work. You should not feel nervous to tell your doctor anything. That’s what she is there for.

2 Likes

I have been a nurse for 20 years. You need a new Dr!

2 Likes

i would get a different doctor…

1 Like

My mother got pregnant with with me when my brother was only 3 months old and I was born five days before he was a year old so we are twins and age for 5 days!!:relaxed:

2 Likes

My mates gf got pregnant when thier second baby was only 8 weeks old it was a struggle to cope but they managed it

I got pregnant with my second daughter when my first daughter was like 7 months old

Your Dr is just that…a Dr. She has no right telling you when to have more children. I fell pregnant with my Son 3 months after my daughter was born, their age gap is 1 year and 1 day, so their birthdays are 1 day apart which is awesome (joint birthday parties etc). Plenty of people gave me their opinions but I didn’t listen to a single one. It took us 3 1/2 years to have our daughter so to fall pregnant so quickly with my son was amazing. Surround yourself with positive people and change Drs/midwives if needed. Do what is best for you and your baby :blue_heart:

6 Likes

If you are that scared please get a different Dr. Things happen, but she shouldn’t shame you. Make an appointment & see a Dr. so you can take good care of yourself.

3 Likes

I had 4 kids in under 4 years. No twins. And I had normal healthy pregnancies and births.
I feel like there is more to the story,

3 Likes

It sounds like you need a new doctor

1 Like

My 1st and 2nd babies are 18 months apart, so I got pregnant around the 9 month mark, and my 2nd and 3rd babies are 1 week less than a year apart. I was a little embarrassed when I was pregnant with my 3rd, about going to the doctor, but it wasn’t because of my doctor. It was just because I had gotten pregnant again so fast, and it was nothing to worry about.
All 3 of my pregnancies were healthy. No complications, until labor, and that was only with my 1st. I had an emergency c-section with him, then easy, unmedicated VBACs with my 2nd and 3rd.
I would find a new doctor if she makes you feel like that. A lot of women get pregnant under 18 months from birth. It’s pretty common, so I’m not sure why your OB would be so against it.

1 Like

I’m just gonna throw this out there. My aunt had babies back to back to back. And her last one… her dr told her enough is enough. Your uterus needs time to heal… your body needs time to recover. I’m sorry but pregnancy takes a toll on your whole body!!! I’m pretty sure if your doctor is saying wait… there probably is a good reason.

2 Likes

My mom had 3 babies within 30 months.

2 Likes

Doesn’t sound like a good doctor if you can’t go to her about it. My daughter was four months old when I was pregnant again, they’re 13 months apart and the sweetest babies. Best decision I ever made was to have them close in age!

2 Likes

I went through the same with my last two. My second was 5 mos old when I was pregnant again. My dr advised me not to have another because of my blood pressure. I was so nervous about going in. She was great though and just shook her head and said what are you going omg! Lol but she was cool and watched me so closely and took extra care of me and had me seeing a high risk dr just to make sure all was good. I was at the dr 2-3 times a week but they were great and everything worked out good. Except for these wild toddlers lol. They are 2 and 3 now!

My kids are 10.5 months apart. I had c-sections. I got pregnant on birth control. What could anyone say? But yes! I was very embarrassed. It will be ok for you too. :blush:

My oldest 3 were all conceived within 12 months of each other I fell pregnant 2 months after I had my 3rd I was extremely ill I was advised to have an abortion as my body just couldn’t cope. Everyone is different good luck

Go get a new dr. :astonished: My baby boys are 14month apart
Not once did any of the drs I seen get mad at me or scorn me… Life happens. My 2nd baby had a more easier pregnancy and labor was definitely easier that his older brother. Get a new dr. And take all the help you can

My brother and I are 10 and a half months apart. So my mom literally got pregnant a month later with me.
I know where the Dr may be coming from telling you to not get pregnant so soon after having a baby.
It did terrible things to my mom while she was pregnant with me.
All the nutrients that she didn’t get for 9 months, she was finally getting for a month just to get pregnant with me, and she ended up losing all of her teeth bc of how tired her body got having kids so close together.

1 Like

My youngest two are 15 mths apart…besides it’s none of your doctor’s business how soon you get pregnant plus if said dr is making you that uncomfortable maybe you should find another dr

1 Like

So many saying you need a new dr, but no one is questioning why the dr may have said that. There needs to be more info to really give an answer. Was there complications? Are you under the age of 18 and maybe the dr thinks two children under 18 might be too difficult. Or other things.

2 Likes

I was pregnant 4 months after. Oops. I dont care what the doctor had to say. My babies are 2yr old and 3yr old. 1 yr 2 weeks apart.

Sounds like you need a new doctor. A doctor shouldn’t put her opinions on you, it’s not ethical of her as a doctor. If there is no medical reason as to why she doesn’t want you pregnant so soon, it shouldn’t matter.

1 Like

Medically speaking, you should wait between babies, at least a year. Three months is not ample time for your body to recover. That being said, crap happens and life happens. If you are able to take care of the little one, then it’s your business, because at the end of the day it’s her job to assist you through pregnancy. You shouldn’t be scared of her. My doctor told me the same thing, but in a way that was like this is just medical information and what is best for you.

Sounds like you need to find a new doctor who isn’t so judgemental.

1 Like

My first two daughters are a year, a month and a day apart. They were 3 1/2 and 2 1/2 when my youngest daughter was born. They are close in age but close to each other and I wouldn’t want it any other way. You should be comfortable with your doctor no matter what. Good luck sweetie

I got pregnant with 3rd when my 2nd was only 5 months old they are 13 1/2 months apart. My mom was very shocked and probably a bit disappointed (even though I was 24 years old), but she got over it quickly she loves being a grandma. My mom n law on the other hand was happy. I would recommend getting a new dr they shouldn’t make you feel bad about anything or make you scared they should be there for you and support you.