I am pregnant and my boyfriend makes comments about how much I eat: Thoughts?

My boyfriend and I are expecting our first child together. He’s been very supportive in every way, but one thing that bothers me is his jokes about me eating. I’m currently six months, and my appetite is increasing. I find myself in the kitchen all day and night. He’s starting to hurt my feelings with his teasing. He says things like, “Let me hurry up and get something before it’s all gone.” Or “Damn you just ate? You eating again??!” And then laughs about it. He knows it upsets me, and he says I’m just kidding calm down. But my feelings are really hurt. I don’t know how to get him to understand that my body is going through all types of changes, and I would like for him to be more sensitive. Any tips??

85 Likes

That’s rude. I would smack my husband if he ever did that

2 Likes

Tell him to fuck off🤷🏻‍♀️

You’re both probably blowing this out of proportion. Firmly tell him to knock it off, you’re eating for two. If he doesn’t, eat him too! :rofl:

13 Likes

Tell him to stop being an asshole?

Too bad you cant get him pregnant hed understand then

you are eating for two people.you do not want a malnourished child to come into the world.

While shoving something in your mouth tell him to shut tf up.

1 Like

Tell him to shut the hell up then go get a donut

1 Like

I think your just emotional lol if he says hes kidding have a laugh with him, not like hes insulting you. Everyone seems so PC these days.

7 Likes

I joke like that to my husband :joy: I ask him if he’s having my baby… I guess it depends on your relationship. Cause I would joke back like yes I am, me and baby are hungry.

4 Likes

Have him go to a doctor’s appointment with you. He is being an idoit.

Sit him down and tell him how it makes you feel when he makes these type of comments towards youuuuuuuu

Sit down with him and straight up tell him, the way you joke about my eating is inappropriate, hurts my feelings and you need to grow the hell up and stop it!!
Men will treat you the way you allow them to treat you.

1 Like

My husband does that too and it truly hurts. He doesnt care.

Tell him he is hurting you.

1 Like

take him to your OBGYM with you and have them explain it also there is a PG tummy you can get and have him wear it will teach him how your tummy and back feel now

Pregnancy hormones are making you emotional about it because you yourself do not like the increased appetite. Should go away

3 Likes

coming from a fellow huge pregnant chick, you are probably being overly sensitive… but, if you’ve already explained that the “excessive” teasing hurts your feelings then your boyfriend should work a little harder at teasing you less

2 Likes

So what, you’re pregnant, you get a pass to eat whatever whenever. I didn’t bother me when people joked about my eating when I was pregnant, I was proud to be pregnant and I didn’t give a damn what people said about my eating habits. That you’re probably a little bit more sensitive now also. If it bothers you and he knows it tell him to shut the f******.

Tell him your eating for two…Yourself n the baby…n Be honest on how his making you feel…

Well my significant other ate everytime I did. He now has dad bod :joy::joy:

Tell him you’re feeding for two, when you’re hungry or craving something it’s your baby!!! I’d start doing the same to him, everytime he eats, damn didn’t you just eat :rofl: that’s just me though

Smack the hell out of him, again, pregnant equals free pass.lol

Me and my husband joke like that all the time, men dont understand that sometimes jokes gets to us and being pregnant the hormones are all over the place, know in your heart he doesnt mean it. Try explaining it to him. Best wishes

2 Likes

Show him your post and tell him to grow up.

1 Like

Don’t be so sensitive lol :woman_shrugging:t2: just have fun with it. I laughed when my husband joked. All part of the memory. Remember you’re eating for two but you don’t have to eat the amount for two. Just increase your calories 

7 Likes

He won’t understand because he doesn’t care. You told him that it bothers you and you stated that he knows that it hurts your feelings and he still does it and laughs at you. He’s an asshole

I would probably get mad and go off at some point if he doesn’t get it or care when I calmly tell him it bothers me. End of the day it doesn’t matter if he is joking, once you say it hurts your feelings it should stop. Simple as that. If he can’t understand that, I’d let my crazy hormone monster out and make him understand.

13 Likes

I’d just eat him too.:woman_shrugging:t3::rofl:

30 Likes

Oh its your first child. Lol it’s normal to feel insecure about your changes and take jokes really personally. My second and third kid I didnt care anymore. Now I joke all the time about my eating and weight and my fiance tells me to cut it out.

1 Like

When you address that something has hurt your feelings and it keeps happening it does hurt on top of that your hormonal and should eat up and enjoy every bit of it.

1 Like

Punch him in the mouth and make fun of him slurping on that straw.

11 Likes

Just tell him it’s hurting your feelings. My hubby did the same thing but to be honest I thought it was funny also especially since I never really ate large portions before getting pregnant

What you allow will continue…he obviously thinks you are over reacting…make sure he knows your feelings are valid

4 Likes

I hate when people say “you’re eating for 2”
You are eating for yourself and and a fetus not a whole ass full grown second person lol
He’s JOKING with you
You KNOW he’s joking
You’re hormones are just making you overly sensitive

Stop taking shit to heart. I said the same thing about myself when I was pregnant. Who cares

Tell him how you feel. Communicate.

1 Like

Tell him to shut up, unless he is growing another human being in his body, he doesn’t have the right to any opinions

12 Likes

Eat some more, then that bit more an shrug it off.

1 Like

Punch him in the face then laugh at him when he complains about his face hurting and say u were just kidding

18 Likes

Have your Dr speak to him so he understands on medical level

your overly sensitive, Currently 6 months pregnant my self and my husband can just look at me weird and i get upset.

4 Likes

I think just about all men do this at some point during pregnancies. My husband made jokes when I was pregnant with our son when we would be driving by cow pastures he would ask if I wanted to get out of the car and graze with the other cows for example…none of it ever bothered me. I thought it was funny…I’m pregnant again now and he was calling me Butterball and some other things but my hormones are so out of wack this round that it actually did bother me. So I talked to him about it and he quit. Just talk to your s.o. and let him know that it’s genuinely hurting your feelings and ask him to stop. He probably doesn’t realize it’s bothering you

2 Likes

Eat him too baby girl .
We preggers aint got time for that bullshit . we too busy making brownies .

Maybe take this opportunity to have him attend your appointment and talk to a nutritionist. I think the jokes would stop if you got him involved in making meals that are good for you and the baby. He would learn the right amount of foods you should be eating to provide for your child and start to understand how it all works.

He is being verbally abusive. This is not “being funny.” And it will get worse if you allow it to continue. Mo

8 Likes

My husband joked about this when I was pregnant!! I just shrugged it off while I stuffed my face more lmfao

I mean hey, as long as you’re eating healthy, tell him to Stfu before you eat him. I get it pregnancy made me super insecure about my body & two years later I still am. You have a right to feel how you feel.

1 Like

I wish I had that issue… I barely eat as it is, and I’m at 22 weeks… next to no appetite at all

Tell him to shut up, the baby is hungry. Then eat the last bite of whatever he was wanting lol

1 Like

Tell him to shut the F up. You’re growing a person. When he can do that then he can comment on it.

2 Likes

Girl eat. Shit fuck him . My mom still makes fat jokes and I just continue to eat and I’m almost three months pp.

Tell him to watch out, or he’s next.

Hormones.

Also, tell him to sleep on the couch. It is insensitive to make fun of that.

I would make him sleep on the couch since he refuses to respect your feelings

Just talk to him and let him know how it makes you feel.
My husband and I do this to each other but we KNOW we never actually mean it, and if we do it’s because one of our fatasses wanted more food.

If he loves you and is supportive in every other aspect, opening up about how it makes you insecure should help him see that even the most “harmless” jokes still hurt.

I’m with katlyn, just eat him!

Tell him to shut the fuck up and that he can starve.

Tell him he better watch out or he maybe next one you eat 🤷🙈 lol just kidding. They dont understand we are growing a human inside us. Tell him if you dont eat then he will see your very crabby side

1 Like

I would probably find an advertisement for a doctor who specializes in erectile dysfunction and paste that on the bathroom mirror. Then tell him you are just kidding. Don’t mess with pregnant women.

3 Likes

You sound super sensitive but if it bothers you then say so. I have a sense of humor as well as my husband. We joke like that all the time

Meh it’s just your hormones it happens we all eat so what he’s not the one carrying the baby you are he doesn’t like it don’t watch plain and simple , he’s just jealous you have an excuse to eat that much not him :smiling_imp:

Your hormones probably have a lot to do with why you’re getting so upset about it. I would just tell him it hurts your feelings and you’re already emotional being pregnant. Mine did this and didnt realize he was hurting my feeling until I told him. And then he would happily bring me tacos at any hour I needed them and let me chow down in peace. :blush:

1 Like

While I dont think it’s fair he makes fun of you, you dont actually need to eat for 2, you dont actually need to eat much more than before pregnancy. My first I gained 80 pounds eating all the time, it was SO hard to get off. Make sure you drink lots of water as thirst can be mistaken for hunger

2 Likes

It may be that he is concerned about your weight. Or that he doesn’t want you to have to work so hard to take it back off after the baby is born

1 Like

Tell him he wishes he had a reason to eat as much :rofl:

My hubby did the same thing but it didnt bother me that bad i joked back plus we both had some weird cravings

Smile
Then eat him too

5 Likes

Karate chop to the neck should do the trick

3 Likes

Joking at another’s expense isn’t funny at all! Especially when a woman is pregnant with the joker’s child! What a jerk!!

1 Like

Tell him you’re growing an actual whole human right now and it requires A LOT of extra energy which you need to get from food and sleep. Remind him that all he contributed was a sperm and now he needs to support you in growing his child by going out and bringing you home your favorite take out so that you can continue to grow that human!

3 Likes

My husband does the same thing. I know he’s joking but it still does hurt my feelings sometimes. If it gets too bad i just tell him hey ive got a parasite that you gave me and its hungry do you want some of this or no cause i will eat it all lol

2 Likes

Oh man. I’m only 8 weeks and I eat alot and he just eats with me🤣

I’d say it’s funny once in a while, but the sounds of its every time…? Keep him in check, put him on a diet for a single serving. A lot of people tried and couldn’t handle it.

A pregnant woman on average needs like 3000 calories or some shit if I remember right. Calories aside, your body is doing some amazing things right now. Girl, you have that extra taco or snack! You deserve it.

1 Like

What are you eating ? Are you snacking on fruits and veggies and yogurts or are you eating unhealthy things. Does he have an unhealthy diet ? Being pregnant doesn’t mean you have to eat all of the time and if you’re eating a lot of a certain type of food you might need more of something like vitamins. And simply tell him to cut the shit.

1 Like

Literally tell him to fuck off or you’ll eat him too.

Why would u ask hundreds of women… it’s simple, TALK TO HIM OR HIT HIM AND TELL HIM WHY :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Its hormones just talk to him. just keep in mind you only need a few hundred calories more.

Yes tell him your feeding yourself and his son or daughter and it’s not funny just making you upset as long as you and baby are well hun that’s what matters the puppy fat will go after baby is born with a little exercise and help :blush:

1 Like

Ask him why he is doing it and show him this post first

Tell him you’re going to eat him next :joy::grin:

5 Likes

Literally tell him that he needs to understand your body is changing and you would like if he would be more sensitive

Most guys say the same ignorant things trying to be funny. No worries, your feeding 2 people

Let him say what ever he wants. He loves you regardless!! Men go through hormone changes also…:relaxed:

Y’all are nicer than me cuz my advice is punch him in the mouth :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Tell him to shut up before he’s next. Or just start doing the same everytime you see him eat

1 Like

I’d tell him not funny
If he keeps doing it . Hes a tool

Try not to get upset… your hormones are all over the place… He’s just joking with you. I know it hurts your feelings but guys honestly have no friggin idea about how many hormonal and physical changes women go through during pregnancy… Just tell him to stfu and cut it out w the jokes before you kill him lol…try to make a joke right back at him… and move on… I know it’s hard to keep your emotions in check while pregnant. I personally have 3 children and I’ve totally been where you are… especially when I was pregnant w my first. I took everything so seriously and wanted to kill my husband. Lolol. By our third I could’ve gave a shit what he said to me :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

If you sit him down and explain to him how hurtful it is and he still does it, a bigger problem needs addressed-he doesn’t respect Your feelings.

Throat punch.
I’m kidding.

1 Like

He might be worried about your health and doesn’t know how to talk to you about it. I literally ate for two my second pregnancy and was really unhealthy.

4 Likes

Cuss him out and eat it anyway. If he keeps going, just stop talking to him. Dont acknowledge his existence. You have already told him he is being hurtful. You don’t need to repeat it.

Don’t get butt hurt . Lol just tell him well you must have a disability to not know I’m eating for two ? Duhh and tell him he’s so slow :rofl: make him feel like you don’t care by out smarting him . I do that wen mine try’s to “try” me . Hell no you wan to play with me making jokes ok I got some for you too .

2 Likes

Tell him to look in the mirror and then tell him to piss off

I don’t know it’s probably just his insensitive way of cracking a joke boys can be insensitive without really even knowing it

1 Like

My husband did that too until one day I just started crying. He felt so bad after and never did it again

2 Likes

Lmao it honestly seems like he’s joking … I don’t see anything
Wrong

1 Like

Talk to him…that or tell him to shut up or you will eat him next!

2 Likes

Try not to let it bother you too much. Guys are dumb. They dont get it. They dont understand how hormones work or how sensitive you are bc your preggo. He prob just teasing you. I highly doubt he really means it.

2 Likes