I am pregnant and my husband didnt acknowledge me on Mother's Day

Did anyone else not get anything for mothers day? i am not huge on gifts or anything and dont expect the most expensive things but my husband didnt even sayhappy mothers day to me…I am pregnant with our first and wasnt even acknowleged…but he went to his moms and bought her a necklace and some flowers…am i wrong to feel some type of way? i mean i know we technically arent parents yet…but it would have been nice to even get a happy mothers day from him…but no it was just another day in our house

634 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. I am pregnant and my husband didnt acknowledge me on Mother's Day - Mamas Uncut

Get used to it girl :girl:

8 Likes

I don’t care about birthdays I don’t care about Christmas but if I’m not acknowledged on Mother’s Day I get really salty. We battled infertility for years and are again so the fact that I finally got to become a mother means a lot to me

5 Likes

Sames… just another day…

1 Like

Seriously just get used to it :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I know why you would be upset because I would, but it does seem that guys don’t take it more seriously until the baby is born which is bizarre I know

1 Like

Girl i have 2 kids with my husband I did get told happy Mother’s Day but no gift which is normal for him as I don’t get gifts for birthday, Christmas, anniversary and etc! Yes it hurts because he use to buy his ex wife stuff from his other kids

1 Like

Get used to it. I’m a single mom of four and don’t get mother’s day gifts. Mother’s day is over rated.

1 Like

Well, he’s probably waiting till the baby is born, your pregnant yes but Mother’s Day means a lil more after the kiddo is actually here, I certainly wouldn’t take it to heart

2 Likes

Treat fathers day the same

6 Likes

I’m pregnant also with a 3 yearold and didn’t even get a “Happy Mothers Day” until I said something :roll_eyes:

I also got nothing. I never get gifts for Mother’s Day, Valentine’s Day, Christmas or my birthday. You become numb to it.

2 Likes

You are a mother the moment you conceive ….

4 Likes

Many many people choose not to celebrate these days until baby is here. My husband and I never celebrated them prior to baby being here. So he probably never thought of it. That being said, did you clearly communicate to him that you wanted to celebrate this year? If not then it’s hard to fault him especially since baby isn’t here yet. You need to communicate your expectations clearly. He’s not a mind reader

6 Likes

If he doesn’t recognize it after you have you child i would be upset.

Good luck my husband still sucks at it

Time to find a new husband

1 Like

I know I’ll get slack for this BUT Technically the child isn’t here yet so can’t really get mad until next year if he doesn’t acknowledge u…

8 Likes

I mean they do have cards for expecting mom’s for mothers day :person_shrugging: I got a bunch of them when I was pregnant with my first and I was barely pregnant. But trust me it is much different once the baby is here. I’ve been a mother for 16 years. This is the first time my husband didn’t say happy mother’s day until he heard my kids say it. But he did take me away on a mini get away for the weekend so I won’t be salty about it.

1 Like

Hmmm. Well, maybe next year. Maybe he’s waiting for your bundle to get here. Men are not really emotional creatures. They need a brick wall to fall on them. Hoping for the best for you next year.

2 Likes

My biggest problem is having expectations of my man. I’ve been with him for 5 years, I know how it goes I’m not new to this. But yet every year I’m still disappointed. Best advice I can give is try not to have expectations so you don’t get let down.

3 Likes

I didn’t even get to have my kids for mother’s Day

Nope nothing, same old same old… im to the point i give up on expectations

2 Likes

The worst is your adult kids dont reconize their mother!Maybe hell acknowledge you when the baby is born…hugs

This is a guy that will say you are not my mother. I had a husband like that

2 Likes

I’ve learned that some people just don’t consider you a mother till your baby is born. It’s wrong, and sad, but that’s how it was with alot of people until my daughter was actually born and outside of me. :woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging: However now that she’s outside of me and living/breathing fairly independently, now I finally am getting acknowledged on mothers day…

you’re not his mom though, so I guess I’m confused as to why that would upset you…

1 Like

Shooting straight here. When I was pg with our first I didn’t get anything on MD either, but I also didn’t expect anything. For me, I didn’t see it as something I should be celebrated yet. Had the same happened the following year that would have been a different story.

And that was after a loss & years of infertility treatments. I just didn’t think it was appropriate to include me because I was growing her.

Women if you feel unappreciated time to find a new husband and stop making excuses

1 Like

I’m truly amazed at what women will settle for these days. It’s a common mistake as some men feel you’re not “technically” a mother (even though you are) tell him how you feel and go from there. Hang in there momma

2 Likes

If you aren’t being appreciated leave before the baby comes it won’t change 9 times out of 10 and you will just become recentful for so many things.

I got nothing and I have 2 kiddos

My husband deployed the day before Mother’s Day so :woman_shrugging:t2:

I genuinely think some men don’t realize they need to celebrate mothers outside of their own mother.

My first mother’s day My husband was like “But your not my mom?” :rofl: and over the years I’ve seen so many other men also feel that way and just need to be informed :rofl:

Sorry you didn’t feel celebrated though! Happy 1st belated mother’s day!

Don’t feel bad, last year on Mother’s Day I wasn’t acknowledged either….

Don’t recognize him on Father’s day :woman_shrugging:t3:

8 Likes

Youre literally nourishing and growing his baby inside of you, that definitely warrants a “Happy Mother’s day”. I’m sorry you didn’t get that.

1 Like

Your growing a child inside you… your a mother! Yeah he should of did something for you as well. Maybe talk to him and tell him how you feel. Communication is key!

1 Like

See how he feels on Father’s Day and then open up to discuss expectations around these days.

Yes you guys are parents.

Go ahead and get used to it then.

1 Like

I mean, you haven’t given birth yet, so :tipping_hand_woman:t2: I didn’t celebrate it when I was pregnant. But then again this was 19 years when ppl weren’t such cry babies :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

I got nothing but I’m single parent to 5 lol. He might not acknowledge until baby is here.

You’re not alone, same happened to me… I started giving him the same kind of energy he gives me & it seems to bother him more than it bothers me yet, he still refuses to change :woman_shrugging:t2:

My ex also told me I wasn’t his Mother and my new bf barely ever buts a gift but he pays the rent

Yeah, sorry some guys will get you nothing, you’re not their mother, doesn’t matter if you have kids or not.

2 Likes

He’s just probably not used to it. It’s new to him. Just let him know how it made you feel

2 Likes

He should of still acknowledged you…. But don’t get mad at him for giving his mom a necklace and flowers… that’s his mom, but even though you are pregnant he should of made it special for you.

Maybe just calmly talk to him and tell him you were hoping to get something for Mother’s Day because you are carrying the baby. Maybe he just didn’t realize it.

you’re not a mom yet….

1 Like

I would let him know for future reference that you would like a show of appreciate and/or a gift for Mother’s Day, same as you will do for him on Father’s Day. It could be he didn’t consider it because you haven’t given birth to baby yet. Hopefully he does better next year. Honestly, my SO is bad with getting me gifts but he does a lot of other things to show appreciation instead.

I was told I’m not his mom, so why should he get me anything. So if that is the way he feels, he’s not my dad so…

2 Likes

I didn’t even get a “Happy Mother’s Day” I’m keeping the same energy come Father’s Day.

3 Likes

I have 3, he has 2, pregnant with our 1. He didn’t say anything to me til his mom was over in the evening.

My ex would say you’re not my mother so why would I buy you something or say happy Mothers Day.

Being pregnant with your first for Mother’s Day is a big deal. He was thoughtless at best and selfish at worst.

4 Likes

Did you express to him that you were upset? I mean he should have at least told you… even hey next year we’ll get to celebrate with our child here… like I’d be upset

1 Like

Some men don’t celebrate the mother of their kids. they celebrate their mom.

1 Like

That’s shitty for sure

Don’t tell him happy Father’s Day next month . If it bothers him then you need a better person!

2 Likes

My kids dad used to say “I wasn’t his mother”

My ex actually sent a happy mother’s day message :woozy_face:

1 Like

Us women are sensitive to the little things :cry: the smallest acknowledgment would’ve been awesome…. I know the feeling

1 Like

My husband never says happy Mother’s Day to me I’m not his mother :rage:
I am the mother of his 3 kids though! At least this year they all remembered to say happy Mother’s Day at least

I didn’t. 3 kids. :rofl::rofl:

I feel this, My stepson lives with us full time and i was hurt he didn’t tell me and that my husband didn’t ask him to.

Yep nothing. Not even a happy mother’s Day from either of my kids this yr.

Your not his mother, sorry but he doesn’t have to acknowledge you on mother’s Day

5 Likes

My fiance didn’t even tell me happy mother’s day

I got a 3 year old and wasn’t acknowledged by my boyfriend. Some days it is what it is.

When i was pregnant with my first baby, my mom’s exact words were “Today is not for you. Your baby isn’t born yet. You’re not a mother, you’re an incubator.”
Let me tell you, shes wrong. She may not have wanted to celebrate me, so i celebrated myself. If you’re pregnant, youre a mom. If you’ve lost a baby, youre a mom. If you only have pets, youre a mom.
If he doesnt wanna spoil you, spoil yourself. Wont be disappointed that way.
I gave my husband 1 job this mothers day, to take our kids to the dollar store and have them pick me a gift, and i made a list of ideas. He went to the store, but i didnt get any gifts. The next day, i took his card, got myself a new hair dryer, lashes, and slippers.
Treated myself and loved my gifts. Been doing this for 4 years now

7 Likes

What’s sad is I am in the same boat. Not sure if I am overreacting by feeling some kind of way that the only time he even said happy Mother’s Day is when I asked him if he had told his mom that day. 6 & 1/2 months pregnant with our first and he only acknowledged it when I brought it to his attention. I have been back and fourth about if I am wrong for feeling something about it

It’s normal in my house… my husband doesn’t see mother’s day as a holiday… we have 9 kids… I just do something special for myself that day… (Starbucks and a brownie) as I do shopping or I might stop in for lunch

1 Like

I mean, communicate this to him. Why are you telling us on Facebook? We’re not in your marriage.

3 Likes

U are a mother & deserve to be acknowledged.

He may be literally minded and you are not a “mother” yet. Make sure he brings you something next year. Love.

2 Likes

You haven’t had the baby yet so he might not see it as a big deal

1 Like

Apparently mothers day is non existent to me and my kids. No one said anything to me. No cards no nothing.

1 Like

Technically you’re not his mother. That’s man thought 101 my opinion of course

3 Likes

If you receive gifts it should be from those who call you their mother. Your husband should be busy with flowers at his mother’s side or her grave.

I’ve been a mother for 23 years. I barely even remembered it until the last moment.

One of my daughters didn’t call me ,it’s OK

Technically it’s not your first Mother’s Day. I wouldn’t be so mad at it. Baby isn’t here yet.

8 Likes

I would tell
him… because he doesn’t feel the baby…doesn’t mean you’re not a Mom. Hurting in Silence is not communicating.

4 Likes

I have kids and didn’t get anything :rofl: we bought his mom stuff and he went to visit her because I told him to. My mom is no longer here

1 Like

Girl if you are going to get all upset over that, you will never survive being married :rofl:

9 Likes

A pregnant woman is a mother. You are the mother of his child and going forward it’s up to him to teach your children to honour you on Mother’s Day.

4 Likes

Out of my 2 kids and my husband the only one that got me anything was my daughter. they both wished me happy mothers day but that was it

I would be upset also. We’re not big gift givers but we at least get each other a card with a thoughtful message written inside. This year he got me a card and a new frappe machine.

1 Like

I’m sorry, it sucks. My husband has never wanted to tell me happy mother’s day even though I’m the mother of our children. He really believes that because I’m not his mom he doesn’t have to say it. He does not usually buy me mother’s day gifts but will usually do what I want and pay for it. He also does not buy me birthday gifts but, buys me nice gifts throughout the year and if I want something, he will buy it.

1 Like

Maybe he is thinking of making next year extra special when the baby is here?

Some men are fools they don’t think about their partner… don’t sweat this girl just mention it to him how it obviously hurt your feelings…

1 Like

Your time is when you have the baby and you can celebrate your very first Mothers day. So I wouldn’t get too upset because he will probably make a fuss of you when the baby is born. Just remember men don’t think like we do

7 Likes

Your feelings are valid. Unfortunately, it is commonplace for men to be thoughtless sometimes. Talk to him about your feelings on the matter. Another perspective to consider is how many women out there never get to be mothers, so feel fortunate that you get to be one. Happy (Belated) Mother’s Day, love! :heart::+1::heart:

My husband almost 15 years and we have two teenage kids, every year he acknowledges me. He takes our teenage kids and they go to the store and surprise me. Also takes me out for dinner the whole weekend. Does not just recognize me on Mother’s Day he always surprises me with little gifts here and there.

1 Like

Everyone has different ideas. My Dad always told my Mom,your not my Mother but she was the mother of his children. I told my husband he didn’t need to.get me anything he.took me out to my favorite Seaford restaurant. My daughter always gets me all the outside plants she plants for me.too. My son calls says Happy Mother’s Day he.does things with his wife and 2 girls. I honestly have everything at 70 anyways.

2 Likes

The day you conceived, you are a Mother and should be celebrated!!!

Well I mean you’re technically not a mom yet, so maybe that’s why he didn’t get you anything. I’d save your anger for next year lol.

3 Likes

Maybe he thought your not a mum yet…does he buy u bday and xmas gifts… if so he will probably get you a gift next year but tell him u felt disappointed this year and see what he says…hes not a mind reader…

Normally the only people that tell me happy mother’s day are my kids.:woman_shrugging:t2: