I am pregnant and my husband didnt acknowledge me on Mother's Day

baby hasnt arrived yet, yes you are a mother carrying her child but said child hasnt been born yet , next mothers day im sure you will get flowers etc from your child (which dad has bought) and all in the world will be good

4 Likes

For holidays like mother’s day, valentine’s or whatever, we skip cards and go out for an ice cream sundae. It’s a mutual agreed upon thing and I look forward to it

2 Likes

I would be upset too, but im super sensitive. Our kids are almost grown and all these years mothers day is basically nothing until the last minute but we always cook out and all that for fathers day. Idk, i dont get it myself.

Time for you to let him know how things are going to be

3 Likes

You are pregnant, so you ARE, in fact, a mom. That baby is alive in your belly. He/she exists. It’s not an opinion; it’s objective fact. The same exact way that women who have lost babies are still mothers. Growing a baby is one of the hardest, yet most rewarding things you could ever do. You should have been acknowledged, and I’m sorry that you weren’t. :heart: Your feelings are valid, and I’m sorry people have been so rude on this post.

To all of the stupid comments saying “You’re not his mother,” insert SpongeBob meme here. He made the OP a mother, and she should be acknowledged. Do you tell your girlfriends happy mothers day? Aunts, cousins, sisters, etc.? Probably. All mothers deserve to be acknowledged.

Maybe try asking him if you can sit down with him and share how you’re feeling. Sometimes men just don’t get it!

Some of these women commenting should be ashamed! RAISE YOUR BAR FOR STANDARD! Then my ex husband got me something! STANDARDS MATTER!!! Your boyfriend or husband is a dick! Plain and simple and shame on everyone that exuses his bad behavior!!! These are the same people that say boys will be boys! These are the same people that ALWAYS take a man side over a women side!

I wouldn’t stress it too hard as you’re technically not a mommy yet

5 Likes

I didn’t. I got a mental health day? No kids and watched tv and ate food all day in bed. We do it so often tho the only magic was me cheeks clapping. :woman_shrugging:t4: it would be nice for a change but I did express that out loud so we’ll see!

You’re not a mother. It seems right he spent it with his mom.

7 Likes

Why is Mother’s Day in May, & Father’s day in June? Well planned timing. What they give (thoughtful, caring & appreciative gift) they will receive in June. Glad my hubby made the effort.

1 Like

If you wouldnt wish your husband happy fathers day without the baby yet either dont overthink it your time will come. And if you feel that it’s important to you then express how you feel to him. Most men wont get it if you dont say anything.

2 Likes

My husband was mad at me- he bought me a card from my son and from him but never gave them to me. He also got himself a new outfit, shoes, and shoes for my son while I got nothing. Karma is coming on Father’s Day!

4 Likes

Not wrong. Some may disagree with me but I became a mother the second I saw two lines.

Also, it’s not okay to not be acknowledged on Mother’s Day when you’re pregnant. It’s unnecessary drama that can easily be avoided by saying three simple words: Happy Mother’s Day. That’s it. You’re carrying his child, it’s the least he could do.

10 Likes

He’s a guy and you haven’t had the baby yet so he doesn’t get it… don’t acknowledge him for father’s day next month

3 Likes

definitely talk to him about it. it makes no sense he wouldn’t acknowledge you. You’re carrying his mother and you are a mama. My husband told me happy mothers day when I was pregnant. it’s just thoughtful and special. talk to him about your feelings love. <3

my husband has always said I’m not his mother. That’s true. If your husband isn’t the overly romantic type he probably wouldn’t think to say it to you

Some people don’t celebrate Mother’s Day before the baby is born. Mostly men. If it’s bothering you that much say something to him. Or don’t celebrate Father’s Day when it comes around, since “he’s not a dad yet. He should get the point that when the baby is there that you matter too when it comes to Mother’s Day. It sucks when we get disappointed but there’s not much you can do about it now.

I didn’t get anything either, you aren’t alone. I didn’t even get a quiet day lol

2 Likes

My husband took our daughter and went and got me a thing petunias and a rose bush to plant,as well as chocolates and ice cream cake. Maybe reserve judgement until the baby is there. If still nothing,then just don’t do anything on Father’s Day.

2 Likes

I feel like even if he is someone who doesn’t celebrate until baby is born, he still should have at least acknowledged

2 Likes

I don’t get anything period so I don’t stress my daughter calls and thats all i needed

1 Like

Honey, Mother’s Day is for those that have already given birth. But I’m sure you will be acknowledged next year!!

5 Likes

You’re parents as soon as you find out you’re pregnant!

7 Likes

A lot of people don’t acknowledge pregnant people as ‘mother’ until the baby is born.

2 Likes

Screw people saying your not a mom yet that shit is dumb you have a real life baby in your belly YOU ARE A MOM!!!

I wouldn’t take much offence to it. Mother’s/father’s Day is really just a money grab. Just like Valentine’s Day.
You should show love and appreciation for your partner every day without requiring gifts or salutations for the day.
My Mother’s Day was just like any other day. I still got up, fed my 4 kids, still cleaned my house, still cooked dinner. Sure I got a gift. But to me the day wasn’t for me. It was for the kids. I wouldn’t be a mother if it wasn’t for them. So while people want their spouse to celebrate for them, celebrate your baby instead. Be happy you’re carrying a healthy, growing baby. That you will get to cherish every day once they’re here.

If it really bugs you, don’t get anything or wish him a happy Father’s Day when the time comes either.

But some don’t consider it being a legit mother’s/Father’s Day unless the baby is actually there.
Happy late Mother’s Day to you mama to be.

3 Likes

Simply say something to him. Some people just don’t celebrate mother day until the baby is here. He may not even understand it upset you if you haven’t said anything. I personally didn’t celebrate Mother’s Day until I had my baby. All of my family is like that and I have 3 sisters and a brother. I wouldn’t do anything for him for Father’s Day either because he’s not technically a father yet either.

He probably didn’t think of it. He’s always honored his mom. Now he needs to do both.

Mother’s day is to celebrate our mother’s not the mothers of your children. If it’s something that’s Important to you then you should talk to him about it. Little things like this can become big issues later if you don’t communicate

1 Like

Father’s day is coming up… do NOT acknowledge him.

6 Likes

Yes u are a parent once you conceived. So sorry sweetie. That’s hard.

4 Likes

Has your body already started changing? Have you already had to make sacrifices for this baby?

Yes you are a mom, and should have been acknowledged.

2 Likes

Since your baby isn’t here he honestly probably didn’t even think of it. Personally I think you’re overreacting :woman_shrugging:t2:

When I was pregnant I didn’t get anything for mothers day but I also didn’t expect anything since I wasn’t a mom yet. I still got my husband something for Father’s day because it wasn’t that big of a deal lol.

But after our daughter was born he’s done something for me each year.

3 Likes

Some guys feels since your not his Mom he doesn’t need to do anything for you.

2 Likes

I have three kids and I didn’t even told happy mother’s day by anyone until I told my kids it was mother’s day. I didn’t get shit, never do. It’s just another day so we don’t celebrate anymore

Yes, it would have. Even nice (and thoughtful) if he had. I’ve been married 56 years and popped out 3 children. I’ve never gotten a Mother’s Day gift or card from him, because I’m “not his mother”. Doesn’t mean I’m not hurt, every single year. On the other hand, he’s not my father so I don’t do anything for him in June. Two can play at that!

5 Likes

Just keep in mind that he may not feel the need to celebrate as you are not his mom - I would make sure you voice your opinion to Hubby and see what he says. You may live a future where he doesn’t celebrate you and doesn’t teach your children to do it either.

I personally didn’t celebrate Mother’s Day until I had my baby. I would probably let him know, he can’t read minds. Have a talk about all the holidays and your expectations, likes and dislikes.

2 Likes

I didn’t receive any gifts but my kids called

Try having two children, seven step children and ten grandchildren and nothing. One had an excuse being in hospital. The rest are just a disgrace . But the minute they want something .alone all day with the granddaughter I care for because her parents didn’t have fuel money to come and get her this week. Wtf they both work and she smokes but they can’t get 5heir child because they can’t buy fuel. as partner went interstate to visit his mother. Had to cook our dinner that night and he only ate half a beautiful roast lamb dinner. I’m done. I care for one granddaughter for four or five days and nights a week so her parents can work and not even a hand made card.
Such a cruel selfish world we live in. :broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart:

2 Likes

I get why you’d feel disappointed and sad, but guys don’t pay attention to little details like we do, it doesn’t mean he doesn’t care… you should bring it up and let him know how it made you feel so he’s aware and more attentive in the future

2 Likes

My fiancé got me nothing for my first Mother’s Day. Prior to Mother’s Day, my bday was April 21st and it was my 30th bday. Nothing. I don’t care about expensive things either, just a card and a simple gift. I’m still with him today and trust me , at least from my stand point - I never subconsciously forgot it. Wounds turn to scars.

4 Likes

Does he want to be a father, or was that your decision…

My husband just looked at me and said I’d say Happy Mother’s day but you ain’t my mom.
I said I’m the mother of your son. Then he turns to me and sarcastically says Oh well happy mother’s day then.
This is the same man who almost forgot my birthday !
My son however came over with his girlfriend and they got me a new crockpot and installed Roku on my TV

4 Likes

My son is almost 2. I have to put a reminder on the calendar a month before mother’s day with ideas of what I’d like so he remembers to get me something.

Men are dumb I’m thinking since the baby isn’t born yet he didn’t feel like he needed to acknowledge it. I damn sure wouldn’t do anything on Father’s day for him that’s for sure

I agree with you, totally.

1 Like

I’m sorry. I know that hurt. U are a mom, your baby just hasn’t arrived yet but u r every bit a mom & your husband should have shared that joy with u. Try talking to him & telling him how u feel. I hope u just didn’t think (as opposed to being a clod). Happy belated Mother’s Day to u :heart:

I didn’t expect anything for mother’s day when I was pregnant

7 Likes

Your not his mom…simple

4 Likes

I don’t agree with those saying Mother’s Day is for your mom only. No it’s not. She’s the mother of his child which means he should celebrate Mother’s Day for the woman having his baby. I’ve always gotten gifts from my husband on Mother’s Day. My father always bought my mom gifts on Mother’s Day. It’s not about the gifts, it’s about showing appreciation. He could have given her a simple card just to show his appreciation and respect.

3 Likes

You’re not a mother. If you wanted to do something for mothers day you should have made plans

9 Likes

yes i agree i never got any thing this year not even a card sad when your family don’t at least attempt to do something special once a year

5 Likes

My kids have never even acknowledged mothers day, ever. One reason their dad told me “your not my mom” and so being single mom I never showed them mother’s day stuff plus their dad took them every mother’s day but I had them on father’s day which I did show them more than he ever did cz he is a big bitchy cunt. :grin:

Mariyam Aysha this is sad :confused::pensive:

1 Like

They DO Mother to Be cards for Mother’s Day… that wouldn’t have killed him!

3 Likes

My husband always told me I wasn’t his mother, so…

2 Likes

Get over it now. He knows who his mother is. You are his wife. End of story. I know that’s how men think. I’m married for 45 years. You honor your Mother on Mother’s Day.

2 Likes

Wait till you have the baby and mother’s day comes and he says your not my mother.

6 Likes

Feel blessed that he did that for his Mom !! Once baby is here in person I’m betting you’ll be treated similarly … I’m positive it didn’t occur to him that you were expecting anything since baby isn’t “here” yet !!

3 Likes

Men literally don’t understand holidays. They aren’t like women who go above and beyond for acknowledgment. You don’t even know the amount of first time dads that are like… she’s not my mom and I’m not her dad, why would there be an exchange of gifts for said holidays? Or the technicality of a child not being born to officially make you a mom or dad. I don’t know of its hormonal or just your actual feelings but men aren’t raised to pick up clues, they are raised to follow directions. Sadly women are raised to have awareness of verbal cues and body language so that they can cater to needs. Men are raised to follow precise directions to provide the need. If you were just sitting around hoping for a a grand gesture and now I’m your feelings about it, share some blame. If you straight out told him you want to be acknowledged and he still did nothing then, it’s totally on him. And if you say… how would you feel if I didn’t do anything for you on Father’s Day, I guarantee he’ll say something like… I wouldn’t feel anything because I’m not your dad and the child isn’t born yet for me to be acknowledged. LoL

3 Likes

My wife got a homemade apple pie and sex from me that was it the kids made her gifts at school

Oh no honey I’m sorry. He absolutely should’ve done something. All these people saying no you’re not his mother is bs. I’d say something to him and he’d be making up for it.

2 Likes

My ex still wishes me a Happy Mothers Day, because I am the mother of his Child!

3 Likes

I didn’t get acknowledged until after I had my child because I wasn’t a mom until after I had my baby

6 Likes

Did you ask him for something? Sometimes people aren’t natural gift givers or anything like that. Closed mouths don’t get fed.

1 Like

I got a steak and cheese pie for breakfast

You ain’t a mom yet, you become a mom when u give birth!!! And u mad cause he buy his mom a .present… your future will be full of disappointment because you feel entitled!

4 Likes

IF YOUR PREGNANT YOUR A MOM NOBODY WILL CHANGE MY MIND.:heart::heart: congratulations hunny and you have the right to be upset my family acknowledged me as a mother the moment we found out I was pregnant

5 Likes

It could have been an innocent mistake… let him know how it made you feel

4 Likes

Even if she hasnt given birth he still could have acknowledged her carrying his child. Yall so disrespectful i swear. Just an acknowledgment yall acting like she is asking for 1million dollar gift :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Burn his Breakfast on Father’s Day?
:joy::joy:

5 Likes

You do deserve something! You are pregnant with his baby. Let him know this! You have every right my dear. Happy Mother’s Day to you! :cherry_blossom::two_hearts::cherry_blossom:

In his mind you are technically not a mom yet so he probably didn’t do it on purpose. You are definitely a soon to be mom though so he still could have done something for you.

3 Likes

I’m not my husband’s mother. I don’t expect anything from him.

1 Like

It is almost Father’s Day. Don’t do anything. Before remark what a good Father he will be, etc. Make him feel like a potential father and don’t do anything. Sometimes people have to be shown. And if he gives you that you’re not my mother crap, find out how he learned to give his mother. Children learn by example. Oh, and if he didn’t learn…good luck.

5 Likes

I might not be my husband’s mom, but he takes care of me everyday., not just Mother’s Day. I get flowers randomly, dinner cooked every night and I have everything I need. Though he didn’t buy me anything for Mother’s Day I still get the best of him every other day so I can’t complain. Hopefully your guy makes up for his lack of acknowledgment on other days.

1 Like

You don’t have a child yet…so your not a mother yet !! He’s an awesome son

I had a baby this Mother’s Day weekend. And an emergency C-section. Still didn’t get a present.

4 Likes

Back in the day no one said anything Maybe he didn’t see it as a kid? :woman_shrugging:t2:

Could just be hormones but personally, I wouldn’t acknowledge fathers day. I live by the rule “treat people how they treat you”

5 Likes

Its fine because it doesn’t really matter. Just like Fathers day, you already know nobody cares about Fathers day. Just let it go, no need to be so petty.

1 Like

Talk to him and let him know. I bet he didn’t even think about it. Innocent mistake. Guys do that shit

1 Like

When I was pregnant 39 years ago,my then husband wouldn’t acknowledge Mother’s Day for me that year. Said he thought it would be bad luck.
His mom got me a gift.

1 Like

He should have but he really might have just not realized as a 1st time dad just let him know how u feel

3 Likes

You’re a mother in current state. When my wife was pregnant that was our baby growing in there. Motherhood tasks were different in the times but she still cared for the baby. Eating healthy and lugging around 40+ extra pounds certainly qualifies to me.

5 Likes

You are parents the moment of conception

3 Likes

Wait…I was supposed to wish everyone that’s pregnant for the first time a Happy Mothers Day? I was under the impression that would happen next year when the baby is actually here.

7 Likes

You’re not a mother yet!

4 Likes

You are not his mom tho, honestly your upset that your expectations were not met. But you didn’t indicate that you communicated that you were expecting anything l
As you prepare for your first child i cant stress enough that your expectations are your worst enemy if you can not express them in a healthy and comprehensive way

10 Likes

you have a genuine mamas boy…mama will always cause you trouble…move as far away for mother in law as possible

3 Likes

He may not realize the situation. Let him know.

2 Likes

Maybe he didn’t know it was important to you. Most people think it should be “kid led” so if the kid is not born they don’t do anything.

You aren’t a mom yet and you’re never going to be his mom.
Next year not if you get gifts for the other from the baby and it’ll be fine.
Congrats!

3 Likes

Men aren’t very good at taking initiative. I have found after 3 failed relationships that if you want something to be important to a man you need to tell him how important it is to you. Men and woman are just different. I just had my 40th birthday and I planned all the events myself. He showed up, he paid for most, and he was attentive and caring but I had to let him know how much this milestone birthday meant to me. If I had been as understanding with my previous relationships they probably would have been a lot better than they were.

2 Likes

I didn’t get shit neither never do!

Because your not his Mom
Your turn will come next year

4 Likes

Father’s day is coming soon. See how he feels then…

3 Likes

You’re a mother to be… I would assume that after the baby is born that will change and your husband & baby will give you a mother’s day from then on out

Did you talk to him about it

3 Likes

He probably just didn’t even think about it as u said ur self this is ur guy’s first kid together don’t make him a mommas boy or anything u just expected him to since u are pregnant if he dose it after the baby’s born

1 Like