I am really struggling with morning sickness: Advice?

Sea sickness meds helped. I used Dramamine.

Unisom works and is safe to take during pregnancy. It’s over the counter. Take a vit b6 if taking it during the day so you don’t get too tired. Once you see your doctor you can take zofran. I was sick my entire pregnancy. Smelling an alcohol pad helps take the edge off if you’re about to throw up and there’s no where to go. Good luck I hope your morning sickness eases up 2nd trimester

Marijuana. I’m pregnant too, I’ve use marijuana my last two pregnancies. I have severe hyperemesis gravidarum. I will not stop vomiting, the nausea medication they prescribe won’t even touch the amount of nausea I get. My options the last pregnancy were marijuana, living in the hospital on IVs for dehydration, or getting a PIC line. I have a family to take care of, I chose marijuana. I now advocate a little more for marijuana use during pregnancy. The US has no research on it, I had to look at Canada’s information to get any medical knowledge. Despite the propaganda, marijuana is safe to use during pregnancy, it’s safer than zofran/ondansetron, the most effective nausea medication. Each pregnancy, because of my HG, I’ve lost around 30-40 lbs from the nausea and vomiting, even with the help from marijuana. Dehydration is dangerous, if you can’t even hold water, I suggest that. Drink. Eat. Our healthcare systems here are so flawed, pregnant women do not get the quality of care we need.

9 Likes

Bonjesta! It was the ONLY thing that helped me, highly recommend💜

B6 peppermint lifesavers lots of water frozen grapes. Stay hydrated

I had extreme morning sickness with all my babies and I was told by my doctor if I can’t keep water down to go to the ER. I sucked on peppermint and that helped me. Unisom and B6 is a life saver too. They don’t recommend you take zofran until after 12 weeks as it can cause birth defects. You can always call 1800-fat-baby as well. They have all the updated information as to what you can and cannot take.

Hello everyone am so Happy to share my wonderful experience about Dr Nathan he is a powerful spell caster from west Africa he helped me to cast a love spell that brought back my lover to me in 24hrs just as he promised he is a man of his words and i so much believe in him and I have directed many of my frpiends to him and they always get the result that they are looking for if you need his help below here is his Email: (Nathanayakasolutionhome@gmail. com) or you can also reach him in his WhatsApp number: +2347019014544 Dr Nathan spell caster he can help you no matter where you are?

I was like that when I was pregnant with my daughter, I lost 16lbs and was in and out of the hospital and my doctor finally prescribed me meds for nausea. It’s a condition that some women get that can be life threatening for the woman and the baby if it’s not treated.

Either drink whatever you can, literally whatever. and if you can’t keep anything at all down you need to go to the hospital and get IV fluids.

Preggie pops always helped with me being sick all the time

1 Like

Drink some coke. It helped with my morning sickness. Also lots of cold water. I lived off if subway sandwiches my entire first trimester

Vitamin B6! I was the exact same way my whole pregnancy couldn’t eat anything couldn’t drink anything. Started taking the B6 and it worked!

Gingerale mini cans and toast worked a bit… but also, try Pepcid AC. It’s safe for pregnancy! It helped me a ton in my third trimester (I never felt heartburn, but it worked immensely for nausea). I also had to get a RX. There was Zofran, which did NOTHING, and Phenergan, which made me feel like a zombie but actually helped me sleep AND stop being so sick. I just had to cut the dose in half (meds affected me sooooo much different while pregnant!). You could try, while waiting for your dr, unisom & B6. There are also pills for motion sickness called Bonine and they’re safe … it can help (along with toast and Gatorade and gingerale)

I suffered awfully with morning sickness and the only thing that worked for me was have a packet of rich tea or ginger biscuits if you like them next to the bed and eat one or two laying down before you get up. Might not work for you but it worked wonders for me x

With both of my pregnancies I was horribly sick until about 18weeks in. I took unisom every night which helped a little bit. My doctors prescribed all the different anti nausea meds and they actually made me worse. I ended up trying magnesium spray. I was so desperate that I tried everything. It worked! I used the pink stork brand. It could’ve been a coincidence that my nausea went away at the same time but it’s worth at shot for 15 bucks. Good luck to you!

Candied ginger worked for me

I keep reading lemon with salt.

Ginger lemon hot tea!

Just lay there and drink or eat what you can. Small tiny sips.

Marijuana. Worked for my last pregnancy and baby is now 6 weeks old and perfectly healthy

Ginger-ale with crackers or ginger ale gum is what helped me survive my first trimester with my second pregnancy

My hubby is latino, snd he always tell me to suck on a lime to help with nausea. Good luck!!

I found salt and vinegar crisps settled me

With my first pregnancy I couldn’t barely eat until I was 9 weeks pregnant. I basically only had lollipops and o.j. That whole time cus it’s all I could tolerate. Sometimes a PBJ would stay down

Just small sips until you can tolerate. Ice pops or even just ice chips

Make sure you dont have a UTI. I know 2 people that had the same thing happen during first trimester . And vomiting was there only symptom

I had severe HG with both of my pregnancies. I used tiny sip of room temp water and chex cereal. What helped me was tiny portions. I just had to eat often which was not easy at all. If you get to a point where you can’t even keep enough water down you may have to go in for an i.v. bag. I have had to do that several times.

Try cbd honey sticks or anything with cbd in them . I would say marijuana but not every state in marijuana friendly when it comes to pregnancy. So just try the cbd . Honestly there are so many side effects from medicines they will give you at the hospital. So please try the natural way first . I hope this helps

Dry ginger snap cookies worked for me…get them from woolies…that and chamomile or peppermint tea

Also try sucking on small ice cubes…that used to help alot too

I would ask the doc to prescribe zofran I got started on mine at 7 weeks because nausea was so bad. I have not had any problems with it and helps me eat. My baby is perfectly healthy no side effects or anything been on it since week 7 about to be 37 weeks and still able to eat at least twice a day. Don’t let the medications scare you with HG sometimes it’s the only thing that helps I’d also ask about maybe a combo of promethazine and phenegren with the zofran. I found after my fourth hospital visit that this combo was a life saver for me until now my third trimester where I’m only on zofran.

My grandmother had me do this and for me it helped alot… Try doing oatmeal with butter and salt, in a liquidy/creamy consistency, not thick or clumpy and do not use any type of sugars/syrups those will make you feel worse. Good luck, i hope you find relief. Morning sickness is the worst ever :pensive:

Nothing worked for me. Not even nausea medicine. I had to lay down on my side. I was sick for 15 weeks with my first and 6 months straight with my second. I have heard that it will be a healthy pregnancy if you have bad morning sickness! Good luck momma!

1 Like

I was the same way for both my daughters and the first one they gave me Zofran, then I got diclegis (I night have spelled that wrong) but hard candies helped on the good days when I just felt a bit nauseous. Preggie pops, jolly ranchers, life savors. Something to suck on. But basically nothing stopped it except medicine😅 good luck!

3 Likes

My doc recommended vitamin B6 taken with an over the counter sleep medication (I cannot recall the ingredient in it that helped with nausea). Anyways this worked for me! I was very sick too.

2 Likes

If you’re taking prenatels then make sure you eat before you do… my worst cases happened when I didn’t eat and took one of those … and try sprite … I still had morning sickness but it wasn’t as bad … and make sure you still eat so that when you do throw up at least it’s not just bile… That’s all I have… Good luck momma and hopefully doc will have a cancellation soon !!!

Try over the counter Prilosec or omeprazole until you can get to the doctor. I had really bad acid reflux during pregnancy that made the morning sickness even worse. Once I got on an acid reducer, the morning sickness was manageable.

When I had that problem my OB told me dry, salty foods and carbonated beverages. I am an old lady now and still do the same thing for “old lady” nausea and vomiting. I couldn’t stand eating Fritos when I was prego but if that’s all that stays down, you learn to like almost anything. Best wishes for a wonderful blessing

Worked in obgyn for a few years. Most important, keep drinking fluids whether you want to or not. Eat small meals/snacks throughout the day. Youre getting sick either way, at least try to get some nutrients. The ultrasound tech always recommended ginger beer. Ive seen it at tjmaxx before, not sure where else to look.
Talk to your doctor about medication to take.
What worked best for me with both my pregnancies was Mommy to be tea. Used to sell at babies r us. Maybe you can order online. Feel better

5 Likes

Good luck! I’m 15 weeks pregnant, still throwing up anything I eat!! :frowning: At my last doc appt. They said they couldn’t prescribe anything until the second trimester. Crossing my fingers this either ends soon or they give me something at my next doctor visits. This is my 3rd pregnancy and I’ve never had morning sickness. This is horrible!!

When pregnant with my daughter I had the worst morning sickness. Could keep almost nothing down. She weighed 8lb 6oz and I only gained 8lbs 4oz, I left the hospital skinnier than before I had gotten pregnant. I used tums, half a peanut butter sandwich, apples, cold french fries, chicken broth, ice chips (in place of water), ginger ale. Baby loved ice cream and cupcakes, those stayed down everytime lol. I hope you find some relief soon, mine was the entire pregnancy.

3 Likes

I was super nauseous for months with my first baby. I did the vitamin b6 with unisom and that helped some. Then I just had to figure out what would taste ok for me. All bland foods. White rice, chicken breast, mashed potatoes. Then my second pregnancy, which was not nearly as bad, my doc gave me a prescribed pill. For the life of me, I can’t remember the name. I don’t think it was zofran…but could it could be. It was 8 years ago…

1 Like

I was crazy nauseous the first whole trimester (currently 23w 4d) and ended up losing weight because of it. My ob nurse prescribed anti nausea medicine and it worked amazing. Try calling your ob to see if they have something that can help. Hopefully it calms down for you soon.

Take your prenatal vitamins at night was my experience years ago and also eat two or three crackers before you even get out of the bed. The doctor said it will absorb all the stuff in your stomach and not make you queasy

3 Likes

Might have to wait it out. You’re only six weeks along. Prime morning sickness time. I was sick for three months and could only eat fresh fruit and water and even that sometimes didn’t work :slightly_frowning_face: Good luck

1 Like

My doctor prescribed me an anti-nausea medication. I had morning sickness the entire pregnancy. So bad that I only gained 10 pounds which wasn’t healthy for me or baby. They have some you can buy over the counter; just talk to the pharmacist to see which one they would recommend.

1 Like

Your OB should be able to just send a script to the pharmacy. Until then try vitamin b6 with half a unisom. If can make you a little sleepy so don’t take it when your going to be driving. I think you can have it every 6hrs but im not sure. If I were you I’d call the OB and tell them you can’t even keep water down so you need something to help. The ER also can’t turn you away. If you are dehydrated (which is very possible) a bag of fluid at the ER to rehydrate you will help a ton

2 Likes

I had 4 kids with severe morning sickness all 4 pregnancies. Every single day til I delivered. There was no relief. Was hospitalized once due to dehydration. Had issues during 3rd trimesters caused by low fluids. I learned to choose wisely what I ate. Everything tastes good going in but not coming out. I literally threw up everything I ate. I hope you find some relief. Hang in there. It’ll end.

2 Likes

Peppermint candies anything that sugary will do. Then once the nausea calms eat some protein. I always ate a hot dog plain on a bun. It will end in about 2 months. I carried 4 babies and the first 3 made me so sick, but the last one I wasn’t sick at all. Best wishes for you and the little one.:two_hearts:

Good luck, I had the worst morning sickness (all day) with my first one! I tried everything! Keep drinking small amounts! I ended up giving birth to a healthy baby girl 18 years ago! I was so skinny after delivery!

1 Like

Peppermints are usually helpful with nausea. They gave me zofran for the nausea which helped. You could try the sea sick bracelets they apply pressure to a pressure point in your wrist connected to nausea as well. good luck sister you’ll get through this

3 Likes

People say Zofran is bad but it worked amazing for me on my 3rd it was the only pregnancy i didnt spend all day every day getting sick. None of the home remedies worked for me either. And if your dehydrated and not eating urgent care should take care of you thats ridiculous women used to DIE from this before modern meds! Its a separate sickness it jas a name (i cant remember it but was told i had it all 3 times). You need to get someone to listen and realize its not just morning sickness. Hope it gets better

1 Like

I used to have to eat something before I even got out of bed or i would be sick. I kept water and pretzels by the bed and had some as soon as I woke up. I really didn’t have much morning sickness but would feel sick if I didn’t eat something right away

Go to regular dr who can prescribe nausea medicine that’s safe durning pregnancy

That’s what I had to do was go to regular dr who prescribe me nausea medicine, until my appointment with the OB

1 Like

I had extreme “morning sickness” all day everyday. I was even hospitalized because I couldn’t hold down water. I found ginger gum, which seemed to help a bit. It can be pricey though. I found it at CVS.

1 Like

I tried switching prenatal vitamins. Some were better then others with nausea. They are hard on your stomach.

This pregnancy i actually cant take them at all, just esring a super good diet.

1 Like

Go to the hospital. I’m sure you have dehydration at this point. I did in my first trimester. Same thing, couldn’t even keep water down. Ended up having extreme dehydration, gallbladder sludge, and kidney failure.

1 Like

What really helped me when I was pregnant with my twins, I bought Sea bands , for Boats, it helped , I wore on my wrists, a button on the back pushes down on a part of the wrist, stopped it for a few weeks, I never took it off

1 Like

Ask your doctor to prescribe you anti nausea medication until you get past the first trimester. Make sure to tell him that you can’t keep anything down.

2 Likes

The only thing that helped me was IV and prescription meds. Some morning sickness is more than over-the-counter meds can handle. Don’t be ashamed to get help. I went through it 3 times and had to get my tubes tied because pregnancy almost killed me.

1 Like

Eat crackers before sitting up. I had to eat a few crackers while laying down wait a few minutes and then drink little sips of water. The main thing is not letting your stomach be empty especially early am. The acids will make nausea worse

1 Like

U can get a script over the phone. It was like that for my 1st pregnancy and went on for 7 months. I was hospitalized on a couple occasions for dehydration and the only thing that worked was zofran. Around the time they started warning against zofran for pregnant women, but it saved me and my child from starvation and dehydration and he’s healthy. It’s essential to find something that works for you, natural remedies worked for regular morning sickness with the other two, but that first time was dangerous and not your average morning sickness. You might hear a lot of “your body is built to protect you and your child, it won’t let you starve.” Do not rely on that inaccurate information. Insist your Dr send over a script.

1 Like

May sound weird, but it’s something I do for my migraines and it worked during morning sickness for me too. Pretzels and marshmallows (don’t eat a bunch, just enough to settle your stomach). And a small cup of coffee helped me a lot during my last pregnancy too

With both of my pregnancies, my morning sickness (all day nausea) stopped at 13 weeks.

1 Like

I know it sucks but truly the best thing is just wait it out there is no medication that is good for your baby ,i work in pharmacy with the best pharmacist and they printed a paper for the drugs and none were completely approved, it will be worth it

1 Like

Good luck, nothing worked for me with my first daughter. Sick all 9 months, induced me for failure to thrive. I hope you find something that works for you!

I had this issue and I was diagnosed with hyperemesis gravidarma. I had to take Zofran every day. The dissolvable ones work better than the pills. I thought so anyways. Good luck!!!

If you know someone with Doterra oils, it helped me to rub digestzen on my stomach and I smelled peppermint oil

1 Like

Sometimes nothing works. I was so sick my entire pregnancy…i was very thin, all belly. Could only eat fruirs, cottage chz, and toast/bread during most of my pregnancy.

1 Like

I had morning sickness the whole pregnancy with both my kids. There were times I couldn’t eat or drink for a week and ended up getting IV’s in me. The one thing that helped was peppermint with water. I drank it slowly.

Peppermints and Zofran were the only thing that saved me with my last pregnancy. I puked from well before I even knew I was pregnant up to the day I gave birth- it was horrific. Lost weight and everything.

1 Like

I wore seabands. They are amazing. Get them right at any drugstore, walmart etc

1 Like

Smell alcohol pads, try peppermint (I preferred altoids), try popsicles, and zofran if you can get it. I had it my entire second pregnancy but the one thing I kept reminding myself is it only lasts for a little while either it goes away or you will have the baby and it’ll go away, just gotta be strong till then

For 5 months I survived on mint mentos, water, real ginger cookies, and plain noodles. The Dr did give me medicine, which is how I could eat those things at least. Rest as much as possible, and eat/drink what u can. Maybe frozen fruit pops? I couldn’t take prenatals at all. My Dr told me to take Flintstones vitamins. Take care! I hope it gets better.

Oranges :tangerine: the smell, when I was pregnant with my 2nd daughter I was nauseous all the time, I was on the train thought I was going to faint and this sweet old lady gave me her seat and gave me an orange told me to keep one with me at all times to scape it and smell it and if hungry eat it. And I always did even with my 3rd daughter. I told my 1st daughter when she was pregnant with my granddaughter the same. I was in my first trimester…you might be having a girl…

It’s one thing you can’t stop unfortunately, but you can ease the symptoms by eating little and often and soft foods. Take vitamins when you know your not going to throw up and drink squash with some salt to keep some energy. Xxx

When I was pregnant with my first daughter I was sick the whole pregnancy, I couldn’t even tolerate water,it was so miserable…They have meds for nausea now that can help you tolerate some foods,my daughter had to take them everyday it doesn’t harm the baby and stay away from greasy,spicy or foods high in acid…

Nausea feeling never went away for me, but to make it tolerable I would eat sour things or salty things and taking deep breaths. Also taking your vitamins at night before bed helps…

Just out of curiosity…are you taking prenatal vitamins? I only ask because I cant take multi vitamins because they nauseate me. After some experimenting I found that it was the zinc. I did some research and Zinc can cause nausea and vomiting. Just a thought.
I had some morning sickness with my oldest…all I can offer is what has been suggested already…dry crackers, peppermint, ginger and the BRAT diet (bananas, rice, applesauce and toast) best of luck

Zofran was recalled for prego women, don’t take it. Try not to let your stomach get empty. In the morning a spoon of honey and then lay down for 20 mins. Ginger candies do help too, but I went through it all 9 months and not letting my stomach get completely empty is what helped me the most.

I suffered with all four of my pregnancies with morning sickness that lasted till the day i gave birth :sob: with my first two was the worst I couldn’t even stomach water but something my gyane said was no matter what comes out there’s a small percentage that’s staying down. I tried every home remedy yet nothing worked. However with my 4th pregnancy I used to eat macadamia nuts and that seemed to help. Good luck and hope your morning sickness ends soon if not just know once you give birth you realise it was all worth it.

I did Jolly Ranchers and popsicles when I was pregnant with my son 3 years ago. He was giving me the same problem as you. So I tried the jolly ranchers and popsicles and they worked like a charm.

Pretzels and pregnancy pops specific for morning sickness were what helped me.

If you experience excessive vomiting and cannot manage to keep your food down, you may have hyperemesis gravidarum. Hyperemesis gravidarum can be harmful to you and your baby if severe and left untreated due to the possible lack of nutrients and electrolyte imbalances. Even if they can’t see you, see your doctor would be willing to write you a prescription to help.

Hi there…
I know exactly how u feel only mine lasted the entire pregnancy and left me physically exhausted…
I had to take medication called Caraben… it was they only thing tat helped me to face the day ahead…

I had hyporemesis gravadia with my youngest. Meds were involved (she’s more than fine). I also liked peppermint water (just a drop or two of peppermint extract in whatever temperature water you like - I liked ice cold). And we’ve switched from Gatorade to Pedialyte (store brand is cool) when we are dehydrated. It seems to work better.

I had 24/7 sickness…I actually lost 40lbs because of how bad it was. I could only eat peanut butter sandwiches and tomato soup which is weird as can be but they didnt make me feel as sick

I’m in the same boat going to see my OB in and hour. She prescribed me something with my last pregnancy I’d consider talking to your doctor!

1 Like

Either me anything mint was a God send mint helps settle the tummy mint gum mint candies. I also only lived on Jerky forever was the only thing I could keep down

Peppermint after dinner mints were my best friend. I kept them in my car, at work, and like 3 at home. I was sick from the beginning to the end of my pregnancy. Like even during delivery I was throwing up.

My Dr said to take B6 during the day, eat whatever I could stomach and take the B6 with unisom at night. The unisom def worked. Helped me sleep too. The B6 helped a little. I felt sipping on a small glass of coke helped some times. And obviously drinking as much water and I could handle.

Ginger in anyway that you can stomach it. Maybe sips of the pop or small candied ginger or even raw sliced thinly. Try baths . My saving grace during both my pregnancies was the bath tub. Practically slept in there :see_no_evil: and sometimes zofran or phenergan helped a bit

I ate Stouffer’s frosted animal cookies. Like you everything was making me sick. My daughter had them are one and was holy crap! They have ginger in them. Also I’ve been pregnant 4 times sick with everyone. When you wake in morning leave saltines next to your bed and don’t jump right out of bed. Nibble a bite or two on crackers. Then wait five minutes and sit up a little. Then repeat. Put feet on floor. Then repeat and stand. Also…give in to your cravings. I don’t think I ever threw up a craving

Ginger ale and mint gum helped me. I was constantly chewing gum, if I didn’t have it then I was gagging and throwing up more. I also took gummi vitamins. I would gag on the prenatal pills because they were so big. Also peppermint oils, I would run them under my nose.

Eat something before bed. Bagel, home made bread. I swear by the home made bread . When my friend was pregnant I had to make her 3 loaves of bread the first couple months. She swore by it. Good luck!
I

Welcome to motherhood talk to your doctor my doctor gave me Nasauses pills they helped so much i get really bad morning sickness too yuck good luck girl

I lived on wintergreen lifesavers. I also couldn’t really eat meals. I had to have small snacks all day, the second I was hungry, I got really sick. So I snacked.

Sipping lemonade was the only thing that helped my nausea. Sprite or 7up were way too sweet for me and made me sicker. I liked lemonade more sourish. But, luckily I never threw up. Just nausea. Sucked on lemon drops or peppermints too.

nothing helped me the entire 1st trimester. Not even prescription zofran. I hope you find something soon. many of my friends did good with ginger tea, eating very small frequent meals, hard candy

My doctors told me to take b6 vitamin. And at night you can take half a unisom if you need to. That what I had to do but it only helped a little. I had terrible morning sickness until around 18 weeks :frowning: ended up losing like 15lbs from it. Hang in there momma it does get better!

Sounds just like what I went through I couldn’t even keep water down couldn’t even take my prenatal sometimes because I would just get sick right after swallowing it i went to the dr. a few times they said it was natural I lost 25lbs. I had to wait it out for the first three months and then just like that it vanished