I am upset about how my grandma is being treated: Advice?

Report him to the Philadelphia corporation for aging. They will deal with them. Tell them what you said your dad is doing.

3 Likes

Have your grandma evict them. It has to go to court but no one should be treated in that manner.

3 Likes

Call the sheriff!!!

1 Like

You need to call your local department of human resources or go in there and report elder abuse… don’t wait get on it asap!

4 Likes

Get ALL of the rest of the family involved.

Sadly your dad really took advantage. He needs to go

4 Likes

Get him out of. Her. House i know i was having a lot of trouble that way myself ive got it fixed now but it was awful i was ready to leave my home to get them out

1 Like

This is called elderly abuse. Contact department of Aging, an attorney, and the police. Start a paper trail. Talk to your grandmother and have her sign an Affidavit about what is happening to her. What is happening is not acceptable and is against the law. We have laws to protect the elderly.

5 Likes

Go and apply for power of attorney over ur Grandmother. U will be the one to make all decisions for her. I can make sure all of her wishes will be done. Good luck

4 Likes

First, tell her to give them 30 days notice to move out in writing. Make sure you are there and have a copy. Then contact social services and see if there’s someone who can help you with elder abuse. If they don’t leave in 30 days help your grandma evict them

7 Likes

Get some innards and get the ball rolling to get your Grandmother back to where she should be. She looked after you now it’s your turn to look after her.

2 Likes

call cps they should handle it or they can give you a number for elder abuse.

First I would call the police for elder abuse then I would talk to my grandmother before they get their cause unless grandmother tells them to get out the cops wont tell them they had to live or if your dad and girl live like gone to the store or something change all the locks so he couldn’t get in and set there stuff out

3 Likes

Grandma is never ever going to make them leave. You need to do it. Call an attorney. Grandma doesn’t want to throw her son out. I didn’t either but eventually realized he’d milk me dry and doesn’t give a damn. They think we owe them. We don’t!! If you live there, then you can go through an attorney or try senior services and get them out ASAP!

Talk to a lawyer now see if you can become executor of her estate and get them evicted.

3 Likes

might wanna check to see if she has him as her exceutor of state. or is she even has a will. take her into the courthouse and get her one that shows you as her exceutor

1 Like

Well a good lawyer would come in handy and he could write a notice to them that they have 20days to leave the house they are not allowed to take any furniture that belongs to grandma also maybe a scare tactic involve police. As because your father was a drug user he must have a police record and you could use that against them. But get professional advice before any drastic measures

3 Likes

Have your gma give you power of attorney over her and property. Then go to court house and start eviction on your father and the girl freind. Also call a elderly social worker and father and girlfriend Investigated for elderly abuse.

2 Likes

You need to get power of attorney. You will be able to call all the shots. Then you can take care of your grandmother and deal with your father. Personally I think since he is a grown man and has a girl friend they need to start taking care of themselves. Sometimes people need to be kicked out to get them motivated in the right direction.

2 Likes

Can you bring her to live with you??

Call department of the aging n report abuse

2 Likes

Call adult protective services. They will help Grandma .

6 Likes

You can report elder abuse now! But you need to be calm and have all you ducks in a row. Don’t sound like your just mad at your dad. Go in as a concerned granddaughter. If you can get her friends to right some statements if you feel comfortable. Good luck honey. It’s good to hear of a granddaughter watching out for her grandmother.

4 Likes

Call the police report elderly abuse get a restraining order and take his ass to court for any damages

I could never ever do that to my grandma. Ever. That’s her house and Her bedroom. Elderly use and neglect time to report them and get those ppl gone.

1 Like

I will F**k anyone up of they EVER treated my grandma that way!

3 Likes

Call and have police do a welfare check. Its anonymous

3 Likes

Call APS, they can help Grandma with this situation

Talk to grandma first! Let her know what you know. Tell her you are worried & want to help her. Let her know it’s your turn to look after her, like she did for you for so long! Do your research, get grandma to get a living will done with an executor of estate in living & death. FYI if she puts you on as an owner of the house, if something happens to her the house is your no transfer, no taxes & no one can dispute it.

1 Like

First get power of attorney. Call elder abuse! ( putting her on a cot on the floor) that’s sad! Poor grandma. Get them put out of HER house.

3 Likes

Talk to a lawyer so he knows the situation then talk to your grandma with the lawyer and see if she will agree that you will be the executor of her estate, withe the lawyers advice… and then tske proper action.

1 Like

Calldept. Of elder abuse they will take care her and your dad and his girl friend your grandma’s house not his .She might. Be upset but then she will realize you did it for her .best of luck to you now show your grandma you love her.

1 Like

your grandmother isn’t stupid. But a enabler. She has allowed this to happen for too long & only she can change it. Invite her to your house & sit down & talk to her… As for the advice as being the executor of your grandmother estate, that is when she is dead & that is not the case now . But it isn’t a bad idea. Also for you to be named POA. And to be POA, your grandmother has to be enable to make her own decisions, & that doesn’t seem to be the case now. But the advice of calling whatever agency where you live for elderly abuse. But I also think since your grandma has been doing this (allowing him to live off of her ) for a long time, she probably won’t say anything. But again invite your grandmother to your house out to lunch/dinner & talk to her. And talk to her about her will & if she doesn’t have one, encourage her to get one done & see if you can be her POA & executor of her estate to make sure her wishes are fulfilled

Elder abuse. Can you report it?

Make yourself known in that house and do what is right for your grandma. Gvats abuse and they need a wake up call

1 Like

Call the authorities and report Elder Abuse. Then have your self or an attorney appointed as her Conservator.

1 Like

Wow! Stick up for your grandmother how ever possible. Wow!

Call elder abuse hotline asap

2 Likes

Elder abuse. Contact your local authorities and they should be able to put you in touch with the proper offices.

Get you grandmother with you…
Then go to legal advice to get them out of house…if was me I would put him in jail …

Talk to your Grandmother. Tell her you are hurt and upset about the situation at her house. Ask her how she feels about it. Offer to help her deal with the changes she is wanting and willing to make.

1 Like

It does not work for you to try to make changes without her support. She has to want the changes.

I tried to help my mother when she was in an abusive situation with my sister. I was told to mind my own buisness.

Oh hell no. You need to take grandma to an attorney and talk to them
And report the girlfriend and your father for elder abuse.
Try to get your grandma to have it arranged that you control the estate- being the house- and evict them and so if anything happens to her they cant leach anymore and take the house and sell it for drug money. Get them out of that house for her. She wont do it.

If she’s paying for the house and it’s in HER name then she should have the legal right to evict them.

His will be an everlasting shame.

People only walk over you if you let them. She’s gonna need to stand up to them

1 Like

Honestly if you can’t confront him hall the cops report elderly abuse explain the situation to them and let them deal with it (u could even do it anonymously)

Defend your grandma!!! Your dad and his baby mama gotta go!!! Fuck that…You don’t wanna make your grandmother feel like she’s not loved . my grandmother passed away wondering how much her children and grandchildren really loved her …We we’re also wrapped up in “living our lives “ that we put the matriarch of our family somewhat on the back burner … we loved her to the moon and back but it’s one thing to say that you love someone but it’s a whole other ball game to show it every day … that shit eats me up every day … Girl you better let your grandmother know that you have her back and her best interest at heart

7 Likes

Screw your dad thats your grandmothers home. Standing up for her is the only right thing to do. Your dad needs to get out and support his family. Not make his mom support them. And if he’s living there not paying anything he’s not supporting his family.

3 Likes

Call Adult Protective Services and get them involved (may be a senior protective services)

If he’s a time bomb it want be long before he start to hitting on grandma this is probably stressing her out and stress could cause health problems and death. Get power of attorney over her then you can help her this is elderly abuse it will cause family problems dam that i would die trying to help my gramdma she needs your help bad please help grandma before it’s to late check her bank accounts they are probably going through it without nobody knowing it

3 Likes

He’s treating his own mother like this? If true report it. What your dad is doing is called elder abuse. It is a felony, I believe. Protect your grandmother from your dad and his girlfriend.

The dad, girlfriend and baby have got to go!!! Your grandma needs to reclaim her home! You grandma’s home is her safe haven not your dad’s and his dead beat girlfriend that need to get out!! You sound like a wonderful granddaughter that cares deeply for your grandmother. I agree…let your dad explode! When he does, call the cops and get him out! Your grandmother should never have to leave what is her’s….her home. NOT YOUR DAD’S! Grow up dad and get your lil family out of grandmothers house and find your own place to live!!!

4 Likes

Got to the local council on Aging siting elder abuse :exclamation: Change her locks; go to county and find out who owns the house; if she has a mortgage ask her if she’s current and see a family law attorney to get advice on custody of her affairs, she needs living assistance :+1:t4::100:

Don’t know what state your in but most all states have a department where you can report elder abuse. You can remain anonymous. But if it were my grandma i would report and let authorities get involved and help your grandma. Good luck to you and grandma.

4 Likes

That’s elderly abuse unless you speak up they will continue try to get grandmom away and see what she says or try to become her POA so you get to make her decisions. Good luck

5 Likes

You need to go now today and talk to your grandma let her know you are beside her and help her. Call protective services and they will guide you in the right direction. I would contact them before you even see your grandma and get the ball rolling. I would imagine she will have to serve them an eviction notice first.

18 Likes

Yes, call adult protective services right away. This is elderly abuse. Prayers for you and your grandmother

7 Likes

Get a attorney and call police the house n her name by law her house not his not theirs her. So by law they have 0 I mean 0 rights to place. If ur gmal is not all there become her legal guardian and file and fight for what is hers yes this will get messy at times but you can get a evection notice drawn up and they will be served if refuse leave cops by law will remove them. Idk what state you living in but most states will fight for rightful owner oh home. Something has change. Not right how they treating her. They should sleep n cot in floor not her. Once she gets house back change all locks all em and also put a restraining order against em even if it is a temporary one this will make the woman upset but sounds like she needs a good belt to butt cause apperantly she a spoiled self entitle brat. But dont back down stay strong but get attorney and have him ir her file the election notice and a restraining order. But stay strong and fight for her rights.

4 Likes

Have your grandmother sign papers making you her guardian/proxy so to speak. You will then have the power to get your father and his girl toy evicted!! Do it before they think of it first!!!

1 Like

I would contact the Elder Abuse centers in your area. The county should be able to help you locate in your area. This is considered elder abuse and there may be other things going on that you are not aware of. Unfortunately your dad has got to go and grandma needs someone to advocate for her…

This is elder abuse and it’s AGAINST THE LAW. Contact any hospital and they will be able to get you in touch with the elder abuse services in your area. Or just look it up online. Best wishes.

Peg is right. Call Protective Services
Let them advise you as to procedure. Your grandmother needs to have all her legal papers, payment receipts, etc to show proof of ownership. Also make sure to get another bank account, close the existing. It’s possible they could get their hands on everything if y’all aren’t careful. Just be sure you have everything before you act. Then when all is legal, serve them papers to evict them out. Make sure also that you have a police officer and a friend or two present to see that they only take THEIR belongings. God Bless…

1 Like

Call adult protective services they should be able to give you advice on what to do

2 Likes

Call an “Area for Aging” agency! Get some legal advice, get support from someone outside the family to see what can be done, they are stealing and taking advantage of her!

2 Likes

Defending your Grandma who raised you is your #1 priority!!! Dad can go head and tic tock with his young baby mama somewhere else!
Don’t you let something happen to your grandmother and then You live with regret!!

I would call adult protective services asap and file a report. Your grandma would need to serve them a 30 day vacate notice to legally get them out. There are advocates for elderly because unfortunately this is very common. Praying your grandma gets the help she needs.

11 Likes

Take grandma to get a retraining order against them. The county sheriff’s off will be there to remove them

1 Like

One hundred percent have your grandma’s back. If dad is working he can rent a place or get a motel room or whatever. Get her back in her house, her room and her bed. Trust me it hurts to think your family dosent have your back. I depend on people who are paid to be here. Take care of her.

Contact Elder Abuse and report him and his girlfriend to the police as well. Your grandmother will have to speak up and her friend can be a witness. I would show up at the house unannounced with the police and Social Services to catch what is going on against your grandmother.

3 Likes

Get an attorney, have your grandma let you become the primary conservator which allows you to make decisions for her. Kick their asses out of the house. He works he can provide for HIS family. It’s not your Grandma’s place to take care of them.

2 Likes

Call adult protective services that’s called exploitation of an elderly person .

1 Like

Yeah time to cut the umbilical cord gma. Kick everyone out so gma can have her home back. Sry not sry.

1 Like

Call the dept. of Social Services. Explain what is going on.They will not reveal that it was you who called also they will tell you what you should be doing.

1 Like

There are laws protecting the elderly from this type of situation. If their names are not on a lease, mortgage, or rent agreement… they can be easily taken away.

He’s probably taking her checks and savings and she’s not saying anything.

Are they abusing grandma? File an APS report.

You need to make sure they aren’t taking advantage of her.

Adult protective services

And DON’T CONFRONT A TICKING TIME BOMB! Would you approach a real BOMB? Too dangerous. Think something won’t happen to you? Never say never. It happens everyday.

I would call APS and file a report

4 Likes

Deff do what you need to to protect your grandma

Call policecfilecreporrs with the state about eldercabuse. Usually with the adept bbn of aging. Get them to come and evaluate the premises. Help her pursue eviction and report the drug use in the home.

Please stop him do what ever you can but get him out of there…I really hate people like that

2 Likes

Consult a lawyer and contact elder abuse and your counties Senior services

Simple: an attorney ASAP

Report this to the bureau of the aging…ask them to investigate this is a case of elder abuse.

Call your local Department of Human Services…this is elder abuse…they will you grandma.

Go get power of ATTORNEY over ur grandmother and reclaim her home

That’s elder abuse. Contact law enforcement

Report them to olderly and then let them know the status of the house

Call the department on aging and report elder abuse

Call the cops there is a hoy line to report ederly abuse

Get the deed and the cops and get her house back.

Defend your grandma especially if she stepped up to take care of you if you had no one else to. Your dad and his baby mama need to go fuck themselves and get a different place.

1 Like

Damn! I’d go hard for my nana. Go hard for yours :100::clap:

2 Likes

Talk to legal Aid or police department God bless please be strong don’t take no for a answer

Call ur state elder abuse

Take her home with you and love her

Elderly people have rights!! Protect your grandma go with her to the court house. You hear stories of people collecting Grandma’s check after they kill them and hide their bodies.