I cannot take birth control and my husband will not get a vasectomy: Advice?

I’m at a loss, I need birth control but have an issue. My husband doesn’t want to get a vasectomy. I cant take hormones because I have a blood clotting disorder. And I’m not feeling the IUD and other options bc of the possible side effects. What would you do? By the way, I have a very high drive.

50 Likes

paraguard iud no hormones

4 Likes

Can you track your ovulation?

Bilateral salpingectomy

1 Like

Get your tubes tied or learn your ovulation schedule if possible. I have never been on birth control and use no form of protection. We obviously go into it knowing surprises could happen but so far we have had 3 planned babies.
You can’t make him do anything he doesn’t want to do so really it’s how much do you want to prevent it?

1 Like

Weak. Tell him to take one for the team. Assuming you have kids, you gave birth for crying out loud. It is countless times worse than a vasectomy.

18 Likes

There are no hormone options or you could just get your tubes tied. You can also learn when you ovulate, not 100% but it helps.

Then there are good ol’ condoms lol

1 Like

I would definitely talk to your ob/gyn for this one. There are many options out there these days and your dr will be best and safer to give you advice based on your particular health issues.

1 Like

Tubes tied, condom, pull out method (depending on how fertile you are & if you get pregnant easily).

1 Like

Sponges, spermicide and condoms, use together . Can get all at the lacal farmacy. If he cant get fixed he can glove up!

2 Likes

Tell him no sex until he gets a vasectomy. Tell him your concerns with birth control and that he needs to do this for you both

7 Likes

Get the iud… side effects are minimal and short lived plus no period and last 5+ years

You could talk to your Dr about the depo shot last 3 months I have a blood clotting issue and irreversible anemia and no issues

1 Like

Natural family planning! :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ve had a copper IUD twice. No hormones… no complications.

1 Like

R side affects worse than an unwanted pregnancy???

1 Like

Get a tubal ligation done! I got mine done and I’m so glad I did!

I’ve read about something called phexxi. Never tried it but I see ads for it often.

Tell him to take one for the team. And by team… I mean the team of kids y’all are gonna have if he doesn’t.

13 Likes

The Paraguard is a no hormone iud. I have it and love it.

2 Likes

Don’t give him any punany.

3 Likes

Have sex with someone who will get a vasectomy

16 Likes

Condoms or a tubal.
Natural family planning. You can actually track for Ovulation so you don’t get pregnant. I did that for a few years.
You can’t force your husband to get snipped. If doesn’t want one, he doesn’t need to have one.
I’d talk to your Doctor to see if you can get a tubal.
Also no sex. You can’t get pregnant while not having sex.

I have a blood clot disorder. MTHFR. Im on depo

1 Like

So than get your tubes tied ? :woman_shrugging:

Do not get an IUD. I had one for two years and it made me feel absolutely psycho and actually fell down out of my uterus into my vaginal canal and was stabbing my SO. The reason why you can’t get pregnant on an IUD and stop getting a period is because the IUD tricks your body into constantly thinking it’s pregnant. So if you’re down with increased anxiety and feeling pregnant all the time go for it. Also Vasectomies are completely reversible. Don’t let his toxic masculinity affect your health

3 Likes

If you’re done having kids, then YOU get fixed. Win-win.

3 Likes

IUD is the safest way to go in my opinion! I’m on my 2nd one and I’ve had no issues!

3 Likes

Probably best to get your tubes tied & he also get’s a vasectomy, especielly if both of you don’t want anymore children, what if you separated, not saying you will but it can happen :woman_shrugging: or just use condoms!

1 Like

Just suck it then that’s your husband. Get the female condoms if need be. Don’t stop having sex with your husband. This a minor issue. Spermcides work just fine if you can’t get up sometimes. Don’t mean come off so raw but do what’s best for your marriage.

2 Likes

They make a mini pill that doesn’t have any hormones, copper IUD, condoms, tracking your cycle, tubes removed

1 Like

He gotta take one for the team or no sexy time for him lol

5 Likes

I used a period tracker to know when to avoid sex due to ovulation. My bf would be aware so we could play protected. Today i had my fallopian tubes removed. No more babies, talk to ur doctor n’ get the ball rolling. I look forward to healing and having all the playtime in life without the stress of posdibly gettin pregnant. Good luck hun!

Some of yall telling her to get her tubes tied… ummmm that don’t always work and can’t be undone if she wants to maybe have more kids one day. However a Vesectomy can be undone and poses little risk to the husband. But hey his choice right? Not like we women are being suppressed in anyway when it comes to our bodies…

24 Likes

Copper IUD.
No hormones.

Tubes tied. The recovery time is quick

2 Likes

Tell him to FUCKING man up

Your husband sucks. Just my two cents. He should be thinking about what is best for the family, your health and your marriage. If this was me, I wouldn’t put up with this. Talk about self centered.

9 Likes

I couldn’t take birth control, same issue. I have a blood clotting disorder. Had my tubes clipped at 20 years old. I had 2 kids tho, but worst decision I’ve ever made. They say there is no side effects, that’s a lie!!! Nothing but problems for years. Finally a doctor decided to just remove them. Well one clip is floating near my uterus, other is lodged in my spleen. Use condoms!

1 Like

Stop having sex with him then

Get your tubes removed

Get a sex toy and tell him you are available to him after he gets a vasectomy because you don’t want more kids and bc is not an option for you. Keep some condoms nearby in case you get frisky and forget your toy. Push for the vasectomy. I can honestly tell you that I hade the esure done (coils that permanently block fallopian tubes with scarring) and I am really happy with it.

5 Likes

New husband! Problem solved.

1 Like

There are several non-hormone birth control options. I feel like this is basic knowledge that any sexually active person should know. Let alone a married mother. Get more informed so you can pass on this knowledge to your children one day.

3 Likes

Hopefully convince him

I also have a blood clot disorder they have a pill you can take.( it’s for birth control but it’s a very low dose it take like a month to actually work but it’s better then nothing.)

1 Like

His body, his choice. He isn’t a jerk because he doesn’t want to.

16 Likes

Yeah let’s not pretend that forcing someone to do something with there own body is not already a problem for females . But let’s ignore men’s rights when it fits us best . I also have a blood issue with platelets and wouldn’t want birth control either. But yes there’s the iud and the implant in the arm . There are other options . Don’t force someone so to do anything with there body.

16 Likes

I’m not sure what blood clotting disorder you have, but I have factor v Leiden and there are many birth control options that are non hormonal

Then it sounds like both of y’all are too unwilling to sacrifice and would rather bring more children into the world to me. Condoms work but it seems like you probably just don’t want to hear that. Idk man. Do what you need to do.

23 Likes

No sex lol . If he can’t be responsible, don’t give him any

2 Likes

Why won’t he get a vasectomy? It’s so quick and easy.

1 Like

It isn’t the most effective but I did NFP (natural family planning). I tracked ovulation every month so I knew when I was ovulating and would make sure to avoid sex those couple of days or have him use a condom or spermicidal lube and we also used the pull out method every. single. time. Even when I wasn’t ovulating, it was pull out method PERIOD. It was mutually agreed upon that if I was not going to take birth control and we didn’t want to use condoms then we would at least do what we could to avoid pregnancy. We were together 5 years and never got pregnant. Again; that is only about 80% effective so you gotta take it seriously if that’s the route you go. I would talk to your Obgyn though first of all. There’s plenty of options nowadays that cater to women with certain conditions.

2 Likes

I was put on birth control to regulate my that time of the month. Took many to go through to get the right one. I have von wilda brants disease i think its factor 8 difficientcy. Sorry i suck at spelling. Getting pregnant for me was dangerous after my birth control failed 3 times i ended up getting my tubes tied, we also found out im allergic to all the medications to correct it temporarily. If your done having kids i would maybe suggest that. If not maybe an insert? I have no experience with them but its worth a shot. Sorry i couldnt help more.

He can wear condoms. He needs to help prevent as well this doesn’t all fall on your shoulders

10 Likes

Bull band in his sleep?

7 Likes

We do natural family planning bc we’re catholic and it’s worked for almost 2 years fine. I take ovulation tests every month to track when I normally ovulate and also pay attention to cervical mucus etc. I don’t do temperature.

3 Likes

If he got a vasectomy only because you pressured him into it he could wind up feeling resentful towards you.
Sounds like an issue you need to discuss with your doctor, meanwhile stock up on condoms.

4 Likes

Tell him no sex with out condom or get snipped

7 Likes

I’m on a low dose pill. My doctor said there is so many options for different disorders woman may have that im sure u can find one that’s works for u

I mean…you could get your tubes tied…

Yea that’s a no for me!
I had the kids, could have died, went through all the changes that pregnancy puts u through, My husband will be getting cut!..BUT this is also something we talked about BEFORE having kids!
Good luck to u! :heart:

4 Likes

Why are you against the IUD? I was at first, but when all the others failed i turned to it and its the best decision I’ve made. It works. Alot of the side effects (puncturing the cervix is the main one) literally can only happen in the first hour afterwards. My midwife put it in. Cramped for a few days and now i forget its even there. I still get a short period but most womens period stops completely

OMG people. There is still the old fashion crap that even I did at 16 because I couldn’t use the pill. Sponge and foam, diaphragm, female condom,spermacidal gels, mirena…

1 Like

No tubal ligations unless you have had at least 3 kids

1 Like

Invest in a good toy for yourself… and tell him no sex unless he puts a condom on or has the snip… you are asking him not just because… if he really gave a shit he would get the snip… it’s for your own sake…

I can’t do the pills either. I tried the ring and loved it. No up and down emotional issues and I was able to skip my periods and not worry about all that crap.

1 Like

I’ve done it all. Sponge, diaphragm, nor plant 5 years, tubal ligation, 2 Mirena IUDs, and endometrial ablation.

Personally, I would tell him to man up if he wants sex. That’s ridiculous. I am assuming you’re wanting him to have the vasectomy because you have had all the kids you want to have, which means you have done ALL the dangerous and painful work up to this point. It would straight up piss me off that he would be selfish enough to NOT do this. He should be happy to do it, and CARE enough about you to do it. That is utterly sophomoric of him. I have a high sex drive too, but that would piss me off to the point that I would tell him to stay away from me.

9 Likes

I can’t take bc for the same reason, but they do make non hormonal bc

I thought they made a birth control that didn’t have hormones in it? I could be wrong, but it would be something worth asking about. He shouldn’t feel pressured to get snipped just because you’re scared of side effects of what you CAN be on. That’s not fair to him, especially since you haven’t exhausted your other options.

8 Likes

Don’t be at such a loss - all you have to do is remember that condoms exist!

5 Likes

Side effects of unprotected sex have a high rate and long term results :joy::joy::joy: that being said, I love the paragard iud.

1 Like

You’ve done enough. If he wants the :peach: he’ll get the :scissors:
That’s what I told my husband and he gladly did it. Vasectomies are so much easier. He’s being selfish.

14 Likes

You can’t force him to have a medical procedure he doesn’t want to have anymore then you would want to be forced to have a medical procedure you don’t want to have. The only real thing you can do here is make a decision on whether you want to risk an “oops” baby or opt for an IUD/tubal or other birth control on your own body regardless of whether you’re feeling it or not. :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

Condoms? … P&P (pull out & pray​:joy::sob:)???

Condoms and a back up plan b

Tie your Fallopian tubes.

4 Likes

Your body your choice, his body his choice. You asked he said no. Find a different solution!

9 Likes

If you arent planning on having anymore kids I would say get your tubes removed! I had my 3rd in May and tubes removed in aug best decision! Very minimal pain and I was doing normal stuff the next day

1 Like

Look up Natural Family Planning.

1 Like

There is an iud with no hormones: Paraguard.

2 Likes

Have u looked at the ovaring?? It’s honestly like a glow stick bracelett u insert like a tampon . U replace it every month bit was great for me!! Its a lower hormone too. Although I totally think he should man up for sure!!

2 Likes

i’m getting a uterine ablation to stop my periods and my tubes removed to prevent pregnancy

1 Like

Id say you should both sit down and talk about it until you reach a compromise. He shouldn’t be forced into a procedure he doesnt want and you shouldn’t put your health at risk either. There are plenty of options available. Condoms for him, non-hormonal birth control for you. I have the Mirena and love it. I just got my 3rd one put in a few weeks ago…my first I had for 4 years and the second I had for just over 5 years have never had a single issue. No periods, no cramping, no hormonal issues, no complications at all. Once removed was able to conceive within a month or 2. But its not for everyone. My sister got the Paraguard and had a bunch of problems but got the Mirena and hasnt had an issue. As a nurse I can tell you every birth control is different for each person. There are going to be risks and possible side effects with them all. Just because it worked (or didnt) for someone else doesn’t mean it won’t (or will) for you. You need to do some research, talk to your Dr and experiment to see which works best for you. There are safe birth control options for women with blood clotting disorders. Try one and if it doesn’t work try something different.

9 Likes

I have a IUD and have a blood clotting disorder its fine. I am also now on blood thinners for life so there are options. Discuss with your doctor

1 Like

Their are ones without hormones either one of you suck it up and get what needs to be done or deal without sex or it’s simple get yourself off

2 Likes

V.C.F.-vaginal contraceptive foam/film.

2 Likes

Do they still make the diaphragm?

1 Like

I have the same issue they say i can have the mirena but im not interested in being stuck with it should things go wrong
I considered getting my tubes tied
I just monitor bloody closely i have alot of awareness about where my body is at it really sux because naturally thats when you want it most…
My last partner had already had a vacectomy and it was great it really is the best option.
Id kick him in the nuts regular till he goes n gets it done

Para guard IUD is non hormonal & lasts up to 10 years. Highly recommend.

2 Likes

Then get your tubes tied if you’re sure you don’t want anymore kids. If he doesn’t want a vasectomy you can’t force him.

1 Like

No sex under any circumstances whatsoever​:woman_facepalming::rofl:

3 Likes

I had my tubes removed. If you dont want children permanently you can always do that

They have non hormonal pills.
#ourbodiesourchoice
#hisbodyhischoice

3 Likes

Two bricks and a paracetamol, he won’t feel a thing :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Get your tubes tied?? X

1 Like

Get serialized or use a condom simple

3 Likes

Paragard- I also have blood clotting condition. Had one for 8yrs got it removed to get pregnancy and now on almost 6yrs with new one. No issues.

2 Likes

Is there a reason he won’t get one? Just curious