I cannot take birth control and my husband will not get a vasectomy: Advice?

Condoms and spermicide

9 Likes

I also have clotting disorders. I got my tubes removed.

1 Like

The Paraguard IUD is hormone free and good for 10 years. That’s the route we took :hugs:

3 Likes

go get fixed. That’s what i’m doing cuz i don’t want to be on birth control

I have factor 5 Leiden and progesterone birth control is fine. I have the arm implant

Condoms and family planning.

9 Likes

You can use condoms or get your tubes tied if you don’t want kids :woman_shrugging:t2:

10 Likes

Get a tubal. I am not a fan of IUD but many like them.

1 Like

Condoms or non hormonal birth control :thinking:

Get your tubes tied! Best decision I made

2 Likes

You sound selfish theres way more then one option for you… u sound like u just want him snipped… get ur tubes tied… and theres such things as condoms…

15 Likes

Natural family planning. Track your cycles, take your basal temp, take ovulation tests to know for sure when you’re ovulating, and avoid sex during your peak fertility window. Condoms (male or female) if you want.

1 Like

Get a diaphragm to use with spermicide

Paragard is hormones free.

Your husband is being selfish. Even in women without health challenges, having one’s tubes tied is always a bigger procedure than a vasectomy. I suggest condoms; if he doesn’t want a vasectomy, then he can wrap it up.

15 Likes

Tell him he’s not getting any until he’s clipped.

14 Likes

they did invent condoms even latex free condoms

4 Likes

I got the Kyleena after having a PE & DVT. It’s been the best decision I’ve ever made!

I had my tubes removed after my twins last August. Best decision ever. They weren’t planned and I can’t have that happening again!

Anyone suggesting tubal ligation look up PTLS (Post Tubal Ligation Syndrome) yes not everyone gets it but why risk it? I had it and end up needing it reversed

1 Like

Natural Family planning or condoms

Don’t have sex or get fixed or condoms

4 Likes

My question is for your hubby! That’s where yours should be too! You have a medical reason that he needs to have his done so what’s his excuse? He sounds selfish!

29 Likes

My friend has 2 clotting disorders and has had no complaints about her IUD

1 Like

I’d tell my hubby he isn’t getting nothin till he’s clipped :metal:t2:

3 Likes

I guess zero sex for him :woman_shrugging:t4:

8 Likes

I can’t believe you’re even asking. Your husband is being very selfish. You literally have a health disorder, why are y’all even still married?

And for those of you saying condoms, if her husband doesn’t want a vasectomy I doubt he’s gonna want to use condoms. Just saying.

7 Likes

So many unanswered questions. Do y’all already have kids and are done?

No kids and never want any?

No kids and plan on having some?

If the answer is that you want kids in the future then he should def not get snipped. Really, honestly no one should ever be bullied into getting something permanent done. (Vasectomies are not 100% reversible and it is painful).

If the answer is no to future kids, no to all kinds of birth control then I suggest making an appointment with your OB/GYN and discussing birth control options, family planning, etc. not Facebook.

I had the copper iud (no hormones) and it worked well for three years, no side effects… til I got pregnant :rofl:

Best of luck!

3 Likes

Get your tubes tied…

1 Like

Why is it women want the right to choose for there body’s but wanna force a man to get snipped

13 Likes

Condoms or Paragard IUD

No sex for him !! He needs to step up !! You had his children. His turn

2 Likes

When I was pregnant with my second I had blood clots in my lungs that ended up with me having to take blood thinners after I had her and future pregnancies I have to also so I have the issue my doctor gave me options of a pill that was safe also the copper iud and also the shot. I chose the shot

1 Like

get your tubes tied if you can’t get birth control and he doesn’t want a vasectomy.

Following because I’m going to be in the same boat.

1 Like

Get your tubes tied.
i think your husband have every right & say to his body. Im just saying

5 Likes

I guess condoms and natural family planning, like tracking your ovulation and etc

FYI, him getting snipped is not a massive surgery. My hubby did it and he literally walked out after it was done. He said just some soreness but no real pain. I would ask your hubby why he won’t.

5 Likes

Well in my case my partner was saying he wouldn’t get the snip, I was forgetful with the pill and fell pregnant again, its only my third but its his 5th, he then quickly went and got the snip!

3 Likes

I chose not to get birth control for the very reason that hormones will mess up many people and cause horrible side effects. Not everyone I the same but I am not risking it. My husband didn’t want the snip either but realized it was the best option for us cuz 1. We have many kids 2. I have had cesareans. And 3. Its safer option for him to get it than for me to get ligation. He says he doesn’t regret it.
Try natural family planning like period tracking, many condoms for him and her, spermicide, and I think some IUDs don’t have hormones but it’s your choice on that. Ugh why I wish male birth control was a thing!

1 Like

Condoms AND Track your cycle and avoid sex when you’re fertile. Condoms break. Trust me. You are never too old for an unplanned pregnancy.

1 Like

I got tubes removed, best decision ever lol

I can’t use anything hormonal either and literally tried everything under the sun, and it makes me go nuts. Just use condoms.

1 Like

His body his choice… that’s what you would be screaming if it was
Reversed. Have your tubes removed if you don’t want more kids. Problem Solved

8 Likes

Get your tubes tied. He has a right to say no

5 Likes

Condoms, no sex for him, tubal ligation, withdrawl method

2 Likes

I’ve tried the vaginal contraceptive films, they work pretty well, and now there’s a new thing called phexxi that is like a contraceptive gel that you use before intercourse. I imagine that would work similarly.

1 Like

And she never said she never wanted kids

I am allergic to condoms and I refuse to use birth control because it makes me crazy, all forms have been tried except IUD. My husband refuses to get a vesectomy as he believes a man should not shoot blanks. Him and I mastered the pull out game. 12 years together and we have had 3 planned pregnancies.

2 Likes

Get a divorce. You have pretty significant health reasons why you can’t use birth control but he just “doesn’t want to”? He sounds very selfish

9 Likes

Tell him he can use condoms every time or he can get fixed. It is a minor operation for men.

5 Likes

I wasn’t feeling the IUD either, until I got one. It’s been a breeze, I wish I’d gotten it sooner.

2 Likes

I love the people saying his body, his choice, so she should alter her body so he doesn’t have to :thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

18 Likes

i got my tubes removed! when i had to have a surgery for a umbilical hernia because, we have a complete family & high drive also. :grimacing: so, it was the best decision for us… otherwise, if i didn’t already have to have surgery, he would’ve did it because, its easiest and faster for a vasectomy.

1 Like

Condoms and cross your fingers

After condoms, pills IUDS 4 kids and 10 years vasectomy is the BEST SAFEST AND CHEAPEST permanent birth control.
Almost every dad in our social circle did this after deciding no more kids. Even the ones who got divorced are thrilled they won’t have more child support later :rofl::rofl::rofl:
We women already go through so much w pregnancy and post partum. The LEAST he can do is get snipped

2 Likes

My husband didn’t want to get fixed and I knew I didn’t want anymore babies so I went and had my tubes tied. He has a right not to want to get it done!

9 Likes

What about getting your tubes tied? It’s an option to consider. Or condoms work. You need to give a little more detail so people can give you good advice and options. There is some important facts you left out. For getting fixed to not having more kids they will ask you so you have children already? Are you healthy overall. You don’t want kids or more kids? I have heard they qon’t tie your tubes or the guy get fixed unless you meet the qualifications bc it is permanent unless you reverse it or it comes undone which is rare… things to consider :slight_smile: hope that helps a bit

4 Likes

lol keep ya legs closed

3 Likes

Have a novasure eblasion don’t know how to spell it lol

Get your tubes tied.

I have a clotting disorder too and was never able to take birth control. At one point they special ordered an IUD for me that would be safe for me to have but IUD didn’t work. I had a period for 6 months straight besides 2 weeks of i just told them to take it out basically. I ended up getting a partial hysterectomy( I’ve already had my kids, so worked out for me)my doc wanted to make sure I really wanted it bc there is no reversal like a tubes being tied. I would try and look into other options. If he doesn’t want to wear a condom, wear a female condom. Just like you have some. You can’t make someone else do something they don’t want to do. I know where ur coming from. Also I did get the partial for other problems I was having not just bc I didn’t want anymore kids. There are plenty of options that doesn’t require surgeries. If he doesn’t want to wear a condom, then u wear one. Or to be more safe both wear one. I hope this helps a little. Best of luck. Also if u haven’t already, print out the pro and cons of one. He can get it reverse, etc and see if maybe that changes his mind.

I have a clotting disorder too. I just saw recently there is a new estrogen free birth control. Talk to your doctor

I went and had my tubes removed. I did it right after our last. Best decision I ever made.

2 Likes

Condoms lol I didn’t get pregnant for 11ish years using just that

3 Likes

Get your tubes tied…

2 Likes

I had the implant in my arm, nexplanon. It lasts three years. Never had any side effects from it except no periods. Which…felt like a bonus imo.

1 Like

Tell your husband no more sex until he gets it done. It’ll be hard for you as well if you have a high sex drive but tough it out. Men are so selfish. Vasectomies are so much safer than any other way.

12 Likes

Sounds like your husband needs to man up.

8 Likes

I am same way so im removing tubes

No one should alter themselves if they aren’t comfortable with it.Try different barrier methods like a diaphragm and pair it with a spermicide gel.

5 Likes

Condoms, neem oil, and keeping track of ovulation is what I would and have done

Buy some toys and tell him if he wants any he’s going to have to help you find a way not to get pregnant.
I have the copper iud but I definitely understand someone not wanting to get one. I’ve debated getting my tubes tied but I really don’t want to go through surgery :no_mouth:

1 Like

Why can’t you get fixed then.

2 Likes

Track the hell out of your cycle, condoms, and avoid fertile days

Copper IUD, it’s non hormonal, lasts forever, minimal side effects.
Speak to your doctor about your options!

After 2u2, and the fear of having 3, I made hubby get condoms until I figured out what kind of birth control to go on

1 Like

I’ve had zero issues with an IUD

Condoms or getting your tubes tied. Or just invest in a nice vibrator tell he changes his mind :wink:

6 Likes

Uterine ablation or a hysterectomy

Copper IUD doesn’t have hormones and would be safe. Still an IUD tho. Good luck!

1 Like

I use the xulane patch

My husband refuses to get a vasectomy and didn’t want me taking hormonal birth control while I was breastfeeding (for 3 years) so… condoms.

Masturbation and make him go without sex lol like foreal??? That’s upsetting that he won’t do such a simple procedure.

I’ve had 2 mirena IUD’s with zero issues and no period in 14 yrs

I would tell him he has no choice. Man up

1 Like

Anal !
Oral
helping hand
Condoms

Pocket pussy
Other devices !
sperm love water so
Turkey baser and a nice cup of ice water !! (Seriously)

Nuva ring had no hormones

Paraguard, hormone free, condoms or don’t have sex. Like I am sorry, doesn’t matter of its simple for him… not every relationship lasts, not to be rude. If you two don’t work out, whose to say he won’t remarry and have other children? I am in the same boat hormone wise… its easier for my husband to get one as well, I’m not going to push him. So I’m on a low hormone pill. Why don’t you get your tubes tied?? Because the procedure is tougher for a women then a vasectomy?? Still doesn’t matter… he body, his choice.

4 Likes

My suggestion for you would be is talk to your DR about what YOUR options would be since you have a blood clotting disorder and since your husband refuses to get the snip

2 Likes

If you are done having babies get an endometrial ablation with tubal ligation. No babies and no periods. Best thing ever. Good luck.

1 Like

I’ve been on the Mirena IUD for going on 7 years, got a new one after the 5 years … honestly I’ve never had any side effects, not sure if due to your disorder that side effects are higher. But also your husband should also compromise with you but that’s just my opinion. I’m sorry you’re having this issue, that really sucks and I hope you guys can come to an agreement or work it out

Also have a clotting disorder. mthfr c677t and it SUCKS. All bc made me so so sick and constant brain breaking migraines. Ive tried so many. Honestly he will have to wear condoms and stick to it. It sucks i know. But do whats best for you above all else. You cant make a man get a vasectomy.

1 Like

I’d withhold. You physically can’t use hormonal BC and I know a friend who has her IUD stuck in her uterine wall so I get your hesitation on that too.
Compared to you getting your tubes tied, which is major surgery, a vasectomy doesn’t even require an overnight stay!
Plus if you wanted more kids in the future, a vasectomy is reversible.
He needs to get it together and get snipped.

Or you need to find one bad ass toy to match your drive . :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I make my partner use a condom. Plus I’m on the mini pill . No vasectomy equals condom in my books. Lol

2 Likes

I have an IUD and absolutely love it and have had no side effects and no pregnancies.

FEMALE CONDOMS…
Men’s birth control pills…

You want to go surgery
Well how about to have abortions
When you get pregnant
See how that sounds

1 Like

Get ur tubes removed then. If not then dont have sex anymore. Really you cant make him do it if he doesnt want to. You could always use condoms

Iv had 4 coils in total and love it wouldn’t have anything else now. If your both not going to protect yourselves dont have sex. Or stand the chances of getting pregnant