I cannot take birth control and my husband will not get a vasectomy: Advice?

If neither wants surgery and you can’t take birth control then just use a condom :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Birth control shouldn’t be solely up to the woman especially in situations like this where your options are so limited and we all know the awful side effects birth control can have on us. Tell him to get a vasectomy or no more peen in the vageen. Invest in some new toys for yourself :relieved::heart:

3 Likes

I have questions, how old are you?
If you’re older and sure you’re done with children (or medically done and younger) is getting your tubes tied an option?
If not maybe find yourself a pure romance consultant :rofl::rofl:
I only ask age bc I got Essure at 25 had two kids and was like I’m done, fast forward after 10yrs of marriage he leaves, fast forward again I’m 31 with a new fantastic husband and can’t have a child with him without paying for IVF and it’s something I regret getting done everyday.

Get rid of the husband! Problem solved. Or use the phrase , nope every time he wants sex until he gets fixed.
I don’t understand why you are responsible for contraception only! He needs to take one for the team !

2 Likes

You can look into the FAM method I think it’s called… you can literally only get pregnant one week out of the month so if you can master tracking ovulation you will be fine. Also condoms, spermicide

1 Like

I’m not sure what all these comments are about his body his choice. She’s literally respecting his choice and asking for advice on what their other options are…

3 Likes

I have less side affects from an IUD than any other method

1 Like

You can always follow the calendar method.

Condoms or buy you some toys and he can do without until he wants to be an adult and get a vasectomy

3 Likes

Maybe get your tubes tide?

1 Like

Cervical ablation with low dose Mini pill ?

Honestly does your husband understand vasectomys are reversible? He sounds like he’s being selfish since you physically cannot do birthcontrol

1 Like

Neem oil, boric acid suppositories and tracking your cycles religiously, no sex or condom during fertile window each month

Perhaps an ablation? I am considering giving the fact I have liver disease and any extra estrogen/progesterone can kill me.

The fact that some women believe a man should be bullied into getting something done to HIS body is wild. Just like we shouldn’t be bullied into birth control or getting our tubes tied, he shouldn’t be forced to alter his body either. It’s crazy to me when women want people to stop forcing decisions on them about their body but yet expect men to do it.

7 Likes

Suck it the fuck up and get on some birth control

2 Likes

Dont have sex!!! He’ll change his tune really quick.

4 Likes

I have 2 blood clotting disorders and cant have hormones either. I have had the paraguard for almost 5 yrs now and love it. No side effects from it and hormone free. Insertion didnt hurt either. I wasnt to hip on getting an iud, but knew i had to do something cause a man can just look at me, and boom!:pregnant_woman::woman_facepalming:So far, no more babies lol

Wear a condom or five? :woman_shrugging:t2:

The vibe in this thread is not it, honestly.

6 Likes

There are a few options for birth control with blood clotting disorders. I have two blood clotting disorders and had plenty of options…

Condoms, nuva ring + blood thinners

You got a few options

1. Use condoms plus spermicide
  2. Get your tubes cut, tied, and burned
  3. Continue asking your husband about getting snipped
  4. Try out a IUD
  5. Use condoms and track ovulation so when you are in that time window either don’t have sex and “self love or love orally lol” since you have a high drive
  6. Talk you your doctor and see what they can recommend to you
2 Likes

I love these whom say don’t have any !!
Like tht going wrk
She’ll be divorced mom !
Sounds mean ugly but it’s the truth !

They have non hormonal birth control. I also have a blood clotting disorder and I can only take non hormonal birth control. They have it in just about every form too.

Get you a B.O.B ! You don’t need a man!!

Get your tubes tied!

1 Like

Convince him to get snipped. Any birthcontrol is gonna have possible side effects and tubal ligation is an incredibly invasive procedure. A vasectomy is the easiest and safest option. And is reversible. It takes less than an hour for the procedure.
I’m appalled your husband is willing to sacrifice your health for his comfort.

1 Like

Check out “daysy” I’ve used it for years and it is spot on

Self love. Masturbation. Tubal ligation.

Condoms or get your tubes tied.

I have the same problem after I had my second I got my tubes taken out so I wouldn’t have to have birth control or blood thinners

1 Like

Talk to your doctor about what options will be safest for you💜

I can’t take birth control either. My husband decided to get a vasectomy because the other birth control options were bad for my health.

I mean, his body his choice. Personally I’m getting my tubes tied after this pregnancy, not gonna force my husband to get something done he doesn’t want. And I don’t want birth control for the next 20 years. Sounds like you have a couple birth control options but just don’t like them.

3 Likes

Wow, some of you girls commenting are bitches :joy: if y’all wanna get so pissy about her question don’t comment. But to answer the question without being a bitch. Don’t have sex :woman_shrugging:t4: that is your husband, but if y’all don’t want kids and he’s not willing to get snipped and you don’t want to take birth control and condoms for some reason aren’t an option then just don’t have sex.

5 Likes

I’m currently pregnant with my second child and his first. Both are girls and he wants to try for a boy. if it was up to me I’d get my tubes tide and be done but he wants a boy. So I’m willing to go through it again for him because I love him. I just want to wait until maybe we get this one potty trained. I told him my issues with birth control so he suggested that he can gat a vasectomy in the meantime. You have a real issue as to why you can’t take birth control and he can’t do that for you. Girl wow!! two different men out here

2 Likes

Same way. I got my tubes removed after my second less chance of cancer. Best of luck

2 Likes

Spermicide and pull out method when you arent ovulating…use a period tracker…swallow…

1 Like

Do what is the best for the both of you. If you have children already and definitely do not want more you two are going to have to compromise.

There is lots of other ways to prevent pregnancy. I know some are saying condoms but they suck, and break, and and and… I get it…

Tracking you cycle religiously is one way, and I mean actually taking ovulation tests and keeping track to a T on a calendar or app. Avoiding sex the whole week of your fertile window (cause you could ovulate early and end up pregnant (hi… that’s me)). Pull out method, spermicide, female condoms instead of male condoms. Lots of options.

I don’t blame you for not wanting the IUD some woman’s bodies just cannot handle it… plus horror stories… and you can get pregnant still with one. I mean you can get pregnant using any method of birth control regardless.

If you can take the pill, then other hormonal options are out of the question due to your medical condition.

Asking him to get a vasectomy is not wrong of you, but you also can’t be upset with him for choosing not to.

Just stack a couple methods like tracking, pullout, not having sex during fertile week etc… you should be fine as long as you stay on top of it. I know lots of people who got pregnant using birth control and lots of people who have never been pregnant (and are able to) who didn’t use contraceptives.

Do what works for the both of you as a team. Lots of options! Good luck! Feel free to PM me if you have questions.

2 Likes

Tell him to man up and get snipped

1 Like

You can look into natural family planning but you absolutely have to follow everything down to a T. It’s an annoying tracking, temp checks and all of that but it is an option. It’s way more detailed than the pull out method

1 Like

I had my tubes removed.

Why is birth control only up to women? It totally wrecks havoc on your hormones. Vasectomy is reversible so snip snip buddy

9 Likes

Family planning method (tracking ovulation to avoid it), with condoms. I think there’s spermicide that can safely be used with condoms but double check that. And if all else fails, you can get an abortion.

I’m vehemently against the IUD, as well. I’d sooner die lol so I totally get that.

Shouldn’t have to force your husband to do something buttt IMO he should want too because of your health issues. He’s selfish :woman_shrugging:t3:

5 Likes

The paragard IUD is non hormonal, you can also use an old fashioned diaphragm that your doctor will need to fit you for. With the diaphragm you will also need spermicide lubricant and a bit of planning before love making. These are really the only ones I can think of right now that is not condoms and is non hormonal…

Get a tubal…or tell him he’s but to have some more kids unless he nuts up for that vasectomy… I swear men act like it’s our job to prevent pregnancy :unamused:

4 Likes

:sparkles:C o n d o m s :sparkles: or get a tubal if you’re not wanting more children, or maybe just try the IUD who knows you might like it. Or maybe some way to make him get the procedure? Good luck!! :+1:

Lol put a lady condom on and make him wear a reg condom

Get your tubes tied?

I did 4 months post birth (Jan 2017) and had 0 problems. Best thing I’ve ever done and I surely don’t regret it.

Nuva ring or condoms

I can’t have anything with hormones in as I also have a blood clotting disorder I’m on the IUD and it’s amazing,use condoms maybe?

does “my body my choice” only apply to women? (replying to other commenters, not you) you cant force him however maybe try to talk to him more about your feelings and concerns. maybe even go see a doctor together. maybe the doctor can help you two figure out a safe plan that works for the two of you :heart:

Condoms but honestly the IUD has been the best birth control I’ve ever used! I would highly recommend it. Other than that you may want to consider getting your tubes tied.

I would either deal with the side effects or be having another baby. If it’s just the possible side effects your worried about could you not at least try them before excluding them out?

1 Like

Tie your tubes, burn em, get scooped out like a pumpkin

4 Likes

I’m not absoulutely sure but I think that they have birth control for men now id talk to a doctor about it

Why not just get your tubes tied?

Dimethandrolone undecanoate ( DMAU) is a once-daily pill that suppresses two types of male hormones

Pull out. The face is the place. Nobody ever got pregnant from jizz dripping down their chin. Or you can learn to enjoy anal sex.

5 Likes

Then your having a baby or not having sex
Be an adult and figure it out

4 Likes

Condoms. It’s really okay if married people use condoms.

Look up natural cycle birth control it calculates ovulation and all that fun stuff by going off your temperature.

Yeah I would just take care if my self till he got condoms or snipped…its cheaper for him and less heal time.

2 Likes

This is my exact problem I can’t be on birth control and he won’t get a vasectomy and I really don’t want my tubes tied because the side effects as well I already have pelvic congestion disorder so it’s either no sex, condoms, or risk having a baby

I got my tubes tied because I couldn’t take birth control after the birth of my son. I also had blood clotting issues and signs of a stroke, so my son grew up as only child.

I have a blood clot disorder and the shots worked for me

Get an IUD whether you want it or not.

1 Like

I had the same issue. Couldn’t take the pill anymore, have a higher drive but definately didn’t want another baby. So I went in and got my tubes out. Within 3 days I was back to normal (minus heaving lifting). Been just over a yr and it’s wonderful to not worry anymore.
Dr took my tubes out, so no more risk for life, as they can’t untie or such(as I’ve heard some do lol)…I’m loving it lol

1 Like

Did we forget that condoms and spermicides exist orrrrr…?

2 Likes

Commit to learning a rhythm method

Girl, buy yourself a vibrator and go on strike. He’ll learn quick.

12 Likes

Does he want more kids? Why not a vasectomy, we birth children and have our tubes tied all the time :woman_shrugging: he can’t take one for the team :laughing:

7 Likes

Men don’t want someone to tell them to do with their bodies. Imagine that. :joy:

15 Likes

They make non hormonal birth control as well.

2 Likes

My ex wouldn’t get a vasectomy so I tied my tubes.

1 Like

After 3 Years in a relationship with my lover, my woman started going out with other guys and showing me cold love, on several occasions she threatend to brake-up with me if I dare question her about her affair with other girls.I was totally devastated and confused until an old friend of mine told me about a spell caster on the internet DR GORVO who help people with their relationship and marriage problem by the powers of love Spells. At first I doubted If such thing ever exists but decided to give it a try. When I contacted him, he told me everything I needed to do and I did and he helped me cast a Love Spell and within 3days my boyfriend came back to me and started apologizing, now she has stopped going out with guys and she is with me for good and for real. Contact this Great spell Caster for your relationship or any difficulty problems you have you can contact him via WhatsApp on +2349152133808 or via email on drgorvo@gmail. com

You have a medical condition that makes birth control a no-go and he can’t man up and get snipped? Me personally, I’d be rethinking the whole dang relationship.

4 Likes

They have mannnnnyyyy options for birth control.
They have have plenty of options on female condoms.
They also have a tubal ligation.
You can’t really force him to get a vasectomy if he doesn’t want it.

You have options.

4 Likes

I mean, let’s look at it from a logical point of view here.
You’re not feelin the IUD for your own reasons
He’s not feeling a knife to his junk for his own reasons

To me, it’s an entirely personal decision. And I couldn’t hold it against my other half of he didn’t want to either.
I wouldn’t want him to insist I get fixed if I wasn’t feeling it.

There’s gotta be a compromise somewhere but I don’t see him not taking your demand as a reason to be upset.
Personal opinion.

2 Likes

There are over the counter options. Vaginal contraceptive film worked for me for years.

My husband refused too. I got my tubes taken out.

If he’s wanting more/any kids I wouldn’t make him get the snip. Maybe just use condoms or there’s a few I think non hormonal birth control methods for women. I hope you figure something out. Some of these responses are terrible especially towards the man yet if it were a man posting this and men saying “she should get her tubes tied” etc all hell would break loose like a volcano eruption. NO ONE man or woman should feel pressured or forced into such a permanent procedure if they’re not ready.

1 Like

Women go through menstruation and all that goes w/ it, often including a lot of pain. We go through menopause. We go through pregnancy and birth, always accompanied w/ a lot of pain. For those telling her to get her tubes tied, I say, “NO!” It is far more invasive w/ far more risks than a simple vasectomy that is fully healed w/i 3 days. Women ALWAYS carry the burden of birth and birth control. Vasectomies are also much more easily reversed should the couple change their minds. Men who refuse to do this TINY LITTLE THING are selfish arseholes in my opinion. Guess you need to stock up on condoms and watch your ovulation cycles. Either that or start stockpiling those toys unless or until he can be shown reason.

11 Likes

I was on depo, and I’m getting a non hormonal IUD next week. Not because I want to but because I HAVE TO. If you don’t want more kids = you have a couple options, you just have to be mature enough to make them. If you don’t that narrows your options down to become the Duggar family or don’t have sex.

I felt the same way about the iud. It seemed unhealthy to not have a period every month to me and that was a possible side effect. The doc explained to me the reason is because it prevents the build up of what you shed during your period, so there’s nothing to shed if you don’t have one. I have had it just over 3 years and love it. I’m so glad I let them talk me into it. I have three kids and it’s so nice not to worry if I’m pregnant all the time If I missed a pill or didn’t use a back up method just in case. I would recommend trying the IUD. You can always get it taken out if it’s not for you. Hope this helps.

1 Like

Wrap it up buttercup. lol

2 Likes

Theres many ways to please someone sexually wirhout sticking a penis into a vagina. Toys, oral, masturbation… Learn it.

Also, vasectomies and getting your tubes tied are both reversible

He needs to get snipped, if you are finished having children. It’s an outpatient procedure and they don’t even cut anymore. Bag of frozen veggies for a day and he will be good to go. It healthier than hormones.
I have the same issue but I had my tubes tied when I had my last child. It sucked.

I have the depo injection, I am on anticoagulants! I’ve never had any problems with it

1 Like

I got mine last November. Sounds like he wants kids if y’all do t already have them.

Go talk to your GP!!

I’ve had an iud for well over 10 years now. Never had any issues with it or side effects. For me, it has stopped my periods, once in a great while I may spot but all in all the iud has been the best for me and I’ve tried several types of birth control

I got my tubes removed.

The minor side effects of my IUD Are nothing compared to that of another kid.

2 Likes

10 year, non hormonal implant. No side effects.

There’s a ton of ways without asking Facebook lol

1 Like

Then you better get to feeling a baby cause he has a right to choose not to get a vasectomy. Specially just cause you don’t feel like getting any other birth control.

1 Like

He should stop being selfish and get a reversible procedure. You have medical reasons to not use birth control …

3 Likes