I don't know how to feel about my husbands drunk confession...help?

Past is a past for a reason. Let it go

1 Like

Ask him again when he’s sober. You’ll get the truth

1 Like

Well you know what they say the truth comes out when they are mad or intoxicated how you want to deal with it is on you but knowing the truth and he is denying it now kind of puts a little Shadow on your relationship I’m sure if he were to own up to it then maybe you could work through it I don’t think that’s going to happen but you can hope it will and if it does then you can build on that good luck and I’ll keep you in my prayers

How would he react if it was you who did the cheating?

2 Likes

It could be some weird “stolen valor” slip up. I hear guys in the military all telling their “war stories” or conquests while on tour. Each one embellishing as it goes. Maybe that’s one of his guys experience, and when you re not around he shares that story as his own knowing noone really stops to connect the dots.

1 Like

No point of getting upset
Done and over

2 Likes

Laugh it off and then say just remember anything that happens from here on out is not a joke. :wink: Pray about the situation and if you are happy before the comment then go on being happy. forget past mistakes

1 Like

Damn I heard that lady boi :b:ussy is lit…I mean not my thing you do you boo…but yeah he did it lmfao

People saying let it go are pyschos and probably accepts getting cheated on. No matter how long ago it was, he still cheated. Would he let it go if it were you? Even then, it doesn’t matter. You were still newly married then and he still chose to be unfaithful. Now you probably have to look back and question every single thing he’s done. There is men out there that would NEVER cheat or make you look dumb like that. You’ll always wonder if he’ll do it again…

11 Likes

I’m sure you’re not perfect. A little flirting here, responding back to an ex there. Thank god that it wasn’t 5 months ago, let it go.

5 Likes

I would be more concerned if his confession to the prostitute from 15 years ago is more about guilt for something more recent, what’s his agenda for this, why bother bringing it up now, look more closely at what he’s doing these days and let that other shit go

Ummm. Let the past live in the past. If it was before you and him how can you even begin to be mad. That’s ridiculous…sorry just my opinion.

3 Likes

It doesn’t matter if it happened years ago. He still cheated, you have every right to feel just as betrayed as if it happened yesterday. You just found out about it now, and he’s lied to you for the past 15 years over it.

9 Likes

He slept with a prostitute when you were together and people are telling you to let it go??!!! EFFFF that! The only thing I’d be letting go would be his cheating ass.

Well if he had told you way back then how would you have felt? It’s now been so long and you haven’t known til now about it. Has he done other things like this since being home? If not and was a 1 time thing there’s really not much to do, you have to choose if you want to forgive him ir not, and move on. If he’s now taking it back maybe it’s just something something he said take himself “one uped” in his masculinity.?? Some men do that.

2 Likes

You don’t accidentally pay someone to poke…tf…no he’s full of it

2 Likes

Girl he cheated and time isn’t real if you are hurt your feelings are valid.

5 Likes

So many years ago. Let it be.

4 Likes

He’s back tracking now as he sees how upset you are about it.
My advice !
Brush it off.
Don’t dwell on a mistake more than likely made in drink and bravado.
If he’s told you then clearly it’s been bothering him for a long time and he’s had enough of carrying the guilt.
If you love him forgive him BUT !!! tell him it’s hurt you

7 Likes

I’d say it wasn’t just once and it’s not ok if it was yesterday or 15 years ago. I’d be pretty ticked off and may even send him packing!!

3 Likes

Just take the hit. He didn’t want to hurt you with his momentary weakness. Is was also under the pressured circumstance of being abroad and in the service. You weren’t married then and it’s obviously been a burden on his conscious. Accident it intended, if he’s not that person it in those circumstances anymore, just move passed it and don’t let your mind or emotions feel any type of way about it or it’ll eat at you and ruin all the other thousands of great moments over the 20 years.

6 Likes

Let it go. It hurts but it’s a long time ago. Work on sobriety or you will have nothing for n the times ahead

2 Likes

That’s 100 years ago. Least he got it off his brain.

Yeah no!!! I wouldn’t be letting it go… yesterday or 15 years ago! He cheated and that is NOT ok… his trying to take it back because he can see how his hurt you… has he done it again after that? For freee!!! Regardless it’s cheating and it’s not fair on you to just “let it go”……

4 Likes

I would nope tf out real quick! You don’t accidentally forget you have someone waiting at home or accidentally pay for sex. Every bit of it was purposefully done.

I wouldn’t bother with it love. It was a long time ago. If he hasn’t done it since then I don’t think you have anything to worry about.

3 Likes

Either he’s a liar or a cheater. Time will tell.

3 Likes

You have a right to be upset. A long time ago or not this is new information to you and still a betrayal from him. However, if he’s a good person, treats you good, and is loyal now I wouldn’t let it ruin the relationship. Maybe try some counseling if needed.

3 Likes

15 years ago or not, he still cheated and kept it from u

1 Like

I would say to let it go until you mentioned he is trying to take it back. That’s a :triangular_flag_on_post:

3 Likes

I mean if it was years ago and you’ve been fine than I’d let it go personally. People grow…we’ve all been young and dumb did things we regret but that doesn’t mean he’s that person now. He told you…respect that ever. If he was drunk… probably needed to get that off his chest… if you have no worries about him in the present …forgive.

5 Likes

You get to be hurt. You get to be angry. If he has been faithful ever since, I would work towards forgiveness but this is new and hurtful to you and you get to feel how you feel.

3 Likes

Pass it by honey. There are more to come. Just kidding. Go on and forget it

Tell him a drunk lie and be even :laughing:

2 Likes

Couple counciling If you can’t get over it
Or get him drunk and ask more lol

3 Likes

Drop it as long as he’s been faithful since

2 Likes

If he owned up and took accountability and didn’t try to gaslight you about him saying it, I’d agree with those saying it was a while ago.
Because he’s back tracking, I would still be upset and trust would be broken for me.

4 Likes

Get tested, just in case it wasn’t an isolated incident overseas.

4 Likes

Behind every successful person there is always a helper mrs Elizabeth James she is the person behind my successful story and great achievement and goal thanks once again for restoring my hope Mrs :envelope_with_arrow::arrow_lower_right::arrow_down:

Do you love him enough to let bygones be gone?

I’m proud to say I’m among the people benefiting from online trading, my gratitude to Mrs Elizabeth James shows for helping me achieve all my dreams in life. She elavates me financially, Today I’m living in my own apartment, doing things I was not able to do. Who ever that is reading this should contact Mrs. Elizabeth James with the links down here and testify like me :point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

Let it go… He was overseas… It was 15 years ago… why wreck your current situation … He obviously felt safe enough to tell you… Honestly skin to skin is just that… not an emotional investment… Forgive and forget.

6 Likes

Yes it was so long ago but I would still be hurt he still cheated on you. I would talk to him about it and tell him how it made you feel. If he loves you he will aknowledge your feels and be willing to talk about it.

3 Likes

You want a better financial life then reach out to Mrs Elizabeth James . She helped me get out of my debt and now I earn 5 figures weekly from my Crypto investment. I really hope more people get on board and you can simply click on the link below to connect with her :point_right: :arrow_down_small:

1 Like

Army life is something so different to civilian life. No excuse at all but if been happy for all that time after is it worth losing? It’s a very individual choice to make. Lots of people would be able to forgive and forget. Lots of people simply wouldn’t be able to push this out their minds. Seek advice by all means but get a few days away urself and clear your head to figure this out. Only you will truly know what’s right for you. Whatever u do I wish u happiness going forward x

1 Like

I’m here to share the good new to everyone. How crypto trading has changed my life for Good. Well all thanks to Mrs Elizabeth James and who’ introduce me to this Business I’ve earned so much money and I can now pay up my Bills.I will advice you to invest on a right company click on the link and get started :point_down::point_down::point_down:

1 Like

Wealth comes from a very different source Investments. Here, take a look at a pretty graph that puts in chart form what little effect saving money has over your household wealth. The upshot is, it’s not about how much money we have. Wealth is, a direct by product of what we do with that money. That’s what enables early, invest with Mrs Elizabeth James to be financially Successful… :point_down::gift:

How are so many women commenting things like “it was 15 years ago get over it” they were together for 5 years at that point…

9 Likes

No, at least he told you. He seems like a good guy.

4 Likes

It’s good you don’t allow this opportunity for SUCCESS slip off. Mrs Elizabeth James exceptional work makes a lot of people financially breakthroughs, to help others deserves good recommendation. Connect to her via the link below :chart_with_downwards_trend::chart_with_downwards_trend:.

It’s in the past before he met you. Kinda unfair to judge someone on what they may have done once upon a time. Is your own past squeaky clean? If so, perhaps its cos u settled young & had a super strict upbringing. :woman_shrugging:

The sheer disrespect that not only he did it, but he didn’t fess up at the time and give YOU the chance to decide if you wanted to invest more time and energy in this relationship. Look, there’s no right or wrong decision here - it’s up to you what you need/can work through. Is he generally honest on all other fronts or? Is he open to therapy? But you’re also allowed to react how anyone would react finding out their partner cheated and possibly exposed you to STIs - it may have been 15 years ago but not for you, you just found out!!

12 Likes

well im suuuure you wanna be upset but just let the past be the past!!! he better nvr do that shit again!!! or PEACE!

If you gotta ask then …

2 Likes

Let it go. No one’s perfect

3 Likes

This happens
During forces war etc sounds like it was a while ago
Focus on the hear and now
You have discussed it
Leave it
Makes it worse going over it all the time
If you love him let it go
A lot of water under the bridge

3 Likes

Let it go. It happened a long time ago.

3 Likes

So many comments saying “army life is different” " this happens in the army" yeah but this also doesn’t happen with respectful men in the army though :woman_shrugging:t3: and the whole it was a long time ago rubbish… well EXACTLY not only did he do it but he also hid for 15 years and accidently slipped up when drunk…
At the end of the day it’s only you that can make your decision moving forward but don’t ask if you have a right to be mad… If your upset then your upset and that’s ok!

17 Likes

Cheater, end of discussion. Are you have issues rn? Bc what brought this out?

2 Likes

Okay so maybe he should be mad you bc the guy u dated b4 him had sex with you… how dare he??? I just dont understand your logic. Maybe i read it wrong…

It was 15 years ago for him but new for you so you have every right to be upset.

8 Likes

The ones laughing at this post, are cold hearted. This post isn’t funny at all. Very sad actually. It hurts being cheated on. And I’m sorry your husband told you on “accident” that he had slept with another woman. That hurts to hear.

10 Likes

Sometimes good people make bad decisions. We cannot measure someone’s loyalty or character based off of one decision.

You have 20 years together, only you can say whether or not this was something that you can overcome together and if it’s something you want to overcome.

I think it’s completely reasonable for you to be dumbfounded by this. It was 15 years ago for him, he has had time to process it and make the choice to do better. But for you, it might as well have happened yesterday because you didn’t have the same opportunity to digest this and sort out the feelings.

Life is not black and white, there are many hues of gray. So I feel it isn’t fair for someone to tell you to lean one extreme way or the other. Only you know the intricacies of your relationship.

I say process it, see how you feel after you process it, then take it from there. I’m sorry you are going through this :yellow_heart:

6 Likes

Oh for crying out loud. If you have a good man and you’re blessed with children, it’s time you counted your blessings instead of looking for a feeling you don’t even know ‘how to feel’.

4 Likes

I’ve been married 26 years with him for 30. We have a great relationship but I would be divorced if I ever found something like that out.

2 Likes

I’d get him more drunk and ask more…what else is he hiding…:woman_shrugging:t2:

6 Likes

Ask the questions. Is he a good father and husband now, does he stand by you now. The fact that he had to get drunk to tell you means it’s probably hurting him too. Let it be. Hell even I’ve had a pro or two…
You should thank her for teaching him that reverse cowboy move.

1 Like

20 years ago so (what)he is with you now what did you do 20 years ago ?

3 Likes

It was 15 years ago, you two weren’t married yet, he probably wasn’t sure how long the relationship would last, didn’t know if he was gonna live long enough to have the honor of marriage.
However it was very wrong of him to do it, and yes, you should be hurt.
But I don’t think a divorce is in order. You guys were only married for four years. But he owes the world for the now hurt you feel.

5 Likes

The ppl condoning this & telling her to be grateful in other words are weird & must lack any sense of true self-respect , self-worth , and boundaries .

15 Likes

Go thru your emotions and then Let it go. If it happened once a long time ago… If you’re not pissed don’t dwell on it. But make sure he knows how you feel and that your not just letting it go becuz you condone that behaviour! But get tested just to be safe. Go together.

1 Like

Lmao. Grow up. It’s the army. Be happy he didn’t contract anything.

6 Likes

Lmao are you surprised?? :rofl::rofl: my bd slept with a prostitute too lmao :wastebasket::wastebasket: and currently sleeping with a community bicycle lmao  take the garbage out to the street where it belongs.

Get yourselves tested and move forward appropriately, work through whatever happens. And hey no more prostitutes, yea none of those

that’s in the past leave it there and think of a good future together

Feel your emotions. Do what YOU want. You have come a long way since then. It was selfish of him to do that and then to tell you a decade later. He relieved himself of the guilt only to hurt you. Feel your feelings and do what you think you need to do. Hugs to you.

2 Likes

Ask yourself this…is it worth tossing all those years together out the window over one mistake? Would you rather be alone for the rest of your life? Have you ever lied to your husband? A sin is a sin. Forgiveness is forever.

2 Likes

Put the past behind you.

2 Likes

Leave the ‘past’ in the past and move on.

3 Likes

Tell him, “Yes, I tried that once as well, by accident.” Then laugh it off.

7 Likes

I wouldn’t make a big deal about it. It happened so long ago. Bugging him about it will do you no favors.

2 Likes

He’s lying not a joke …it was long ago !Question is can u forgive him it’s your choice so you already know the answer.:revolving_hearts:

3 Likes

Let it go. It has obviously been bothering him for a long time. It may not have been right, but it was a Ling time ago, he is with you and obviously loves you. Forgive him and try to put it into perspective and forget.

2 Likes

Let it go. It was 15 years ago

3 Likes

Who knows if it was once with just her? Who knows if he’s done this with some one who was not a prostitute? You may never know. Has he cheated recently or in the past that u know of besides this confession? U decide if you’re going to forgive this. Go with your instincts

He cheated.
U didn’t know.
It don’t matter if it was 2 days ago… or 20 years ago… u have a reason to be upset.

It’s up to u what u do with this knowledge

11 Likes

Why do people confess to this kinda stuff to free themselves yet cause so pain much to the ones they’re supposed to love? Stupid. I confess nothing I’m taking it to the grave with me unless Alzheimer’s makes me babble senselessly.

6 Likes

I don’t think I’d be able to trust him unfortunately. He’s been lying and hiding that he cheated for 15 years from you. I’d be scared of what else he’s hiding … Only you can know if you can put that behind you and trust that it was only one time.

2 Likes

Hes still with you. Forgive, forget. You got him

Let it go, jump his bones and sarcastically say 40.00 please. :joy:

5 Likes

All these women saying let it go? I personally don’t think it’s that easy. If you can lie and hide that for 15 years there is no moral or respect towards you as his life partner… Yes you have a right to be upset.

5 Likes

Only you can decide if you can forgive him for what he has done xxx

1 Like

It may have happened years ago but to you it just happened. There’s no right way to feel, your feelings are valid. It’s upto you what you want to do.

2 Likes

He got the thing weighing on him off his chest, don’t let it weigh yours down.

2 Likes

It’s never silly to be upset about being lied to. Regardless of the timeline.

Why do y’all always ask
If you have the right to be upset? If we all come back and say no, does his cheating hurt less?

Happens more than you think when you’re in the military, your away from your partner for a significant amount of time, get over it.