I don't like how my boyfriend talked to me: Advice?

That’s very much verbal abuse ! All these weirdos on here saying oh you didn’t say sorry oh he just said bro no it doesn’t matter. He said,” if you want me to yell are you I can” WTF?!! You shouldn’t be w a man who THREATENS you.

4 Likes

Bye. Not worth questions about the future
Like yourself enough to leave

4 Likes

Lady he won his crappy outbreak. It will get worse if you stay cause he will know that he has control over you. Run and don’t look back. He is NOT worth it!

2 Likes

It doesn’t get better I know

4 Likes

If you don’t like it leave it’s not that hard

3 Likes

Maybe just talk to him about it, honestly he said bro ending an entire relationship over this seems petty. Does this happen all the time? Or was this a once off and you could communicate that you didn’t like being talked to that way :woman_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

So you startled him, he responded, then when you started to whine he got frustrated? Hmm…

2 Likes

Yes. He’s not kind and it gets worse. And you’re NOT HIS “BRO”.

2 Likes

I would never talk to someone I’m dating that way. You treat your partner with kindness and respect. That is verbal abuse. Period.

1 Like

Let him know you don’t tolerate it from the get go.

3 Likes

Lmao this has to be a joke :joy:

5 Likes

It won’t stop, my husband is like that, violent screaming and threats, I can’t leave don’t make enough to support myself, we have been married 47 years no amount of patience or talking to solve the problem has ever worked, marriage counseling did not work, his job made him take an anger management program which did not work because he did not want to work on the problem or with any one- he is still like that

3 Likes

This is verbal abuse. It will only get worse. RUN!!!

2 Likes

If he doesn’t usually talk to you like that then I would just ask him if he’s alright? Like I’m sorry I bumped your computer, but the way you said Bro! And the thing about yelling at me seemed really aggressive. That’s not like your normal self. Is there something you want to talk about? I’m here for you. But if this is his new or progressively getting more hostile self, I’d start walking to the door. It’s not ok that he talked that way to you, But maybe he’s got some pressure going on?

3 Likes

Run!! “…I CAN yell at you”? No he can’t!

5 Likes

Leave him, he doesn’t deserve you

3 Likes

It will only get worse

4 Likes

This is a joke right ? Lol

6 Likes

He can take that jackass behavior and go sit in time out like the child he’s acting like. Nobody should be yelling over something so small. He sounds like he’s got anger issues and you should leave him to be alone with his angry emotions. Unacceptable behavior should never be tolerated

God has finally answered my prayer of meeting a trustworthy account manager. And this has took away all my pains and debts. I can’t express my sincere gratitude. God will continue to bless Mrs Lisa jennifer for helping a lot of people financially through this online trade. Pls Brothers & Sister If you’re facing challenges in trading/investment. Kindly contact Mrs Lisa jennifer down here :point_down::point_down::point_down:

1 Like

So… whenever someone accidentally does something to startle me… I’m the person that yells “bro” or… “wtf” . I’m not trying to be mean, and I don’t mean anything by it, that is just how I am when I get caught off guard… so that could very well be the explanation behind him raising his voice initially, but him saying “I didn’t yell at you, but if you want me to yell at you I can yell at you” is defs a red flag…

Maybe just tell him how his reaction made you feel. It could have caught you off guard by him saying something loudly, just as you bumping his pc could have startled him… and that what he said afterward was something you didn’t appreciate. That second comment he made was unnecessary.

1 Like

There are times In Life when you embrace fear I have stopped listening to people words first I doubted but she surprised me,I’ve been earning money without issues or stories. You too can earn contact her for investment

2 Likes

I sincerely in Bitcoin and forex trading with Mrs Lisa jennifer with a minimum capital I have earn enough profits within 5days and I have full control over my capital I highly recommend Mrs Lisa in trading aspect

1 Like

Girl, get the hell outta there. Don’t fall for lines and go back either. It’s not the words. It’s the natural ease with which he was able to say that to you. TRUST YOUR GUT. If you have to ask, you know the answer.

3 Likes

Swear most of these posts are made up :joy:

6 Likes

Everyone has a bad day or moment at some points in their life. Everyone reacts differently and sometimes surprisingly in moments caught off guard. We just have to sometimes ignore.

1 Like

If you have to ask then you already know

1 Like

Did a 7 year old write this??? Lmao
If this is a real adult
I hope he leaves you

3 Likes

You could have knocked over his computer!! Did you apologize? Did he YELL or just raise his voice? I have said the same thing to my husband when I have raised my voice and he says I yelled🙄 If this is a one time thing you may be blowing this out of proportion…

3 Likes

That’s how it starts…
Some ppl are clearly making light of it, but as someone who’s experienced severe verbal abuse, I know it starts off seemingly innocuously.
Address him.
Address your concerns and then make a diligent, decision

5 Likes

Are you 5 yrs old? That’s what you sound like, you need to grow up!

1 Like

Children yell when their frustrated🤷‍♀️

3 Likes

Bro! Are you serious?!?!?!

2 Likes

Verbal abuse hurts more than physical abuse the pain is deeper and never goes away rather leave before it escalates

6 Likes

Maybe toughen up cupcake? Sounds like a minor issue! Everyone gets frustrated from time to time

7 Likes

You choose how you want someone to talk to you! You either set a boundary or stay in that… love your self girl. Don’t allow anyone to talk to you like that… you don’t have to stay

6 Likes

I still can’t believe I read this!And my mama said,If I can’t say enuffin nice don’t.So Bro it’s all good.Wait,I hear it’s my curfew.Gotta get home before I’m grounded.She yelling at me!

1 Like

I think you’re just way to over sensitive love people yell welcome to relationships. If you can’t handle it then take a small walk until you can :woman_shrugging:t3:

5 Likes

Some of yall in this group really are assholes! People come on here and ask for advice, and time and time again I see people just putting others down. Just because a situation hasnt or doesnt matter or affect you personally, doesnt mean you have the right to put others down for their questions. This poster isn’t asking an absurd question about making her bf stop seeing his child, or something appalling. She is probably young and/or hasnt had to deal with something like that. If you don’t have any helpful advice then shut up and move along. This is the main reason people dont reach out for help from others, because of fear of ridicule.

WOW, you need to grow up and toughen up. He raised his voice “BRO”? OMFG - you would never make it in the real world.

3 Likes

I would yell at you too if you did that to my computer … :neutral_face::unamused::unamused::unamused::unamused::unamused:

He is a dick head. Find yourself a new man that will treat you and every other person in his life respectfully. Or if he is a diamond???!!?!! Teach him. Good luck. :heart::heart:

This comment thread is disgusting.

If I had to guess, the “bro” was just a default reaction from him. I call my bf bro when we are joking around. My boyfriend also has said similar but in no way meant it as threatening because I KNOW him and I know he’s a smartass. Is your boyfriend normally a jerk? Is he normally “logical?” To the point where he’s simply saying he’s not yelling but he can?

I can see why this would be worrisome though.

2 Likes

Honestly i dont take that as abuse or threat but thats me. It could be taken that way but id also be mad that my computer could have been broken even if its an accident. Is he a bit older than you because if he is our parents used to tell us if we were gonna cry and carry on they’d give us a reason to cry.

Unless he’s given you other reasons to be concerned calling you names, yelling a lot, getting in your face, pushing, hitting you etc then id let it go.

Also maybe it was his tone and not yelling. Just saying i accuse my husband of being mad or annoyed by his tone apparently thats just how he talks

Is this something he does on a regular basis, if it is get out there, if this is his first time then talk to him tell him you don’t like be shouted at talk it through, it might just of been a one of incident,

4 Likes

Listen, YOU bumped his computer. For all he knew it could’ve fell. They’re very expensive. It sounds like it was just a reaction. If that’s the worst he’s ever done to you then i think you’re doing pretty ok

5 Likes

If you want me to yell I can is NOT ABUSIVE NOR A RED FLAG.
damn some of YALL is a RED flag

How new in a relationship is this …have u seen him angry before ???

Bye Felicia don’t ever let a man talk to you like that!!

4 Likes

Like… really? This is ridiculous!

4 Likes

I’m surprised at the amount of women that are OK with being spoken to like that. My man treats me like a queen, firstly he wouldn’t shout at me for bashing his pc, probably just panic that I nearly broke it haha I don’t think in the 3 years we’ve been together he’s ever even raised his voice at me in a serious way, I don’t even know how I’d react if my bf said the equivalent of I’ll give you something to cry about (I’ll yell at you bit) like I’m not a child who tf do you think you’re talking to :joy:

5 Likes

If yelling bro gets u upset. :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Watch where u going next time.

5 Likes

This cannot be real.

1 Like

He should run you sound toxic and dramatic

7 Likes

My 13 year old says bro all the time to his gaming friends on his computer. Like how old is this boyfriend of yours? But ya,no it’s not abuse at all.lol

1 Like

Why are you still with him? Sounds like anger issues.

4 Likes

R u guys bored or something so u make up things 2 b angry about?

3 Likes

It’s so left and right here sometimes I can’t :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
You have been sensitive and I feel that that’s not abusive or a REAL problem and forget all the snakes saying they hope he leaves you that’s wild and disgusting over having a heart …but that was definitely abusive of him to say “if you want me to I will” or whatever
That’s toxic AF and signs of future abuse to come. Soon it won’t even be asked to you hun it’ll just be you get what he thinks you deserve even by expressing your feelings healthily and even by saying you’re the hurt one he will at that point make sure you hurt it sounds like. Trust me. Been with two. It’s a whole attraction to an empath. Please remember your boundaries right now you’re questioning them- you already know the answer babe. :raised_hands::two_hearts:

1 Like

Yes it only gets worst

You are wayyyy to sensitive !!!

3 Likes

This can’t be real :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

Girllllll… the only thing I don’t like is as a woman being called “bro” it’s gross when girls say it it’s more :face_vomiting: but just let by gones be by gones I’ve gotten told muchhhh worse in a yelling voice, you’ll survive!!!

1 Like

Fuck up…that’s verbal abuse blabla. I’d be pissed off for being called bro the word he used is abuse :laughing: :rofl: :joy: you must be young .don’t worry by time you get to 30 plus your be calling him fuckwit

Y’all must be very young. Personally I would of laughed at him & walked away

2 Likes

Ummm ur mad because he called you bro?? Let me tell you something it’s normal for relationships do you have problems and it’s normal for couples to yell at each other every once in a while I’ve said this to someone before also if you’re gonna accuse someone of yelling then they are going to yell especially if they weren’t

I got my girlfriend back with the help of Dr Achio, if your trying to get your ex lover back contact Dr Achio
Here
:point_down::point_down:
Dr. A Achio

Your soft! Not saying to allow verbal abuse, but that isn’t it!!! Lol.

Coming from someone who is verbally abused EVERY day…consider this the first sign and get out before ur in so deep and can’t. Or at least have a conversation and see how that goes. I wish I did 7 years ago.

Don’t be over sensitive, a lot of those computers are super expensive, he had a right to be mad